[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paranormal/Mysterious Cases

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 292
Thread images: 60

File: estefania_gutierrez_vallecas.jpg (7KB, 151x197px) Image search: [Google]
estefania_gutierrez_vallecas.jpg
7KB, 151x197px
The Puente de Vallecas case, 1991:

>in 1991, Estefanía Gutiérrez Lázaro - a schoolgirl - and a number of her friends were discovered playing with a Ouija board during the lunch hour at the school; friends of Estefanía told that she had always been interested in the occult and mysterious
>the teacher (being from a relatively Catholic and conservative area) who discovered them proceeded to kick the board, breaking the glass of the planchette and preventing the girls from properly 'ending' the session
>friends of the girl claimed that a black 'smoke' had risen from the planchette, which Estefanía supposedly breathed in due to being closest to the artifact
>a few days after, the girl became unusually despondent and irritable; she also began having convulsions, which were ruled to be epileptical in nature.
>on August 14th, 1991, she died at home, after having entered a catatonic state following a violent convulsive fit
>the official cause of death was ruled as cardiac arrest by presiding doctors
>soon after her death, the Gutiérrez Lázaro claimed that violent poltergeist-like phenomena began to manifest in their apartment
>they reported a disembodied voice crying 'Mom! Mom!' a number of times, seemingly originating from the room of the deceased girl

1/2
>>
More?
>>
>>17301331
Puente de Vallecas case, 1991 (cont'd):
---
>they also reported hearing laughter and shrieks
>the family reported other 'standard' poltergeist activity (doors closing and opening violently, violent knocks against the walls, furniture being shaken forcefully,
>the two younger siblings also described seeing the apparition of a man dragging himself across the floor of the apartment
>eventually, the police were called in, after the report was made that a photo of the girl (taken a few months before her death, and as such, secured tightly in a glass photo frame) had spontaneously combusted, consuming the face of the deceased girl
>the police report compiled by the four police members sent to the residence mentioned several strange and un-explainable phenomena, such as a large "crimson stain" that formed before their eyes on the kitchen table (which analysis found to be saliva), a Christ-figure from a crucifix being wrenched apart and violently flung across a room, and poster being shredded as if by invisible 'claws',
>however, the police were unable to do anything in particular, and the family changed residences soon after
>the strange occurrences ceased to manifest after the family moved

(http://misteriosinexplicables.blogspot.es/1210695900/ - the case has also been covered by a number of other Spanish-speaking outlets)

2/2
>>
The Abandoned Lifeboat of Bouvet Island, 1964:

>in 1964, Lieutenant Commander Allan Crawford of the U.K. and his crew landed on Bouvet Island - the most remote island in the world - to investigate a relatively 'new' (~10 years) piece of land that had risen due to volcanic ability and to test its ability to host a weather tower
>upon reaching the island by helicopter (travel by ship is nearly impossible, as the sides of the island are ice cliffs), they were met by the sight of an empty lifeboat floating in a small lagoon nestled within this 'new' piece of land
>the oars of the lifeboat were on shore, neatly laid out together next to some rope and a copper tank
>no bodies or other signs of human presence were found
>the lifeboat was unmarked, and as such, unidentifiable
>the crew of Lieutenant Commander Allan Crawford took a photo of the object, and proceeded to carry out their task
>a few years later in the 1970s, a Norwegian Antarctic expedition proceeded to land on the island again to construct the weather station planned before; however, they were unable to find any trace of the lifeboat, the oars, or the copper tank.

Perhaps not really 'paranormal', but certainly mysterious, considering the remoteness of the island.

(https://excitingearth.wordpress.com/2013/03/22/the-mystery-of-bouvet-island/)
>>
Room 428, Wilson Hall:

>a dormitory hall in the Ohio University campus in Athens built in 1965 that is claimed to be the site of strange occurrences, particularly the room numbered #428
>popular rumors tell that a student committed suicide in said room in the 1970s; other rumors tell of a student who dabbled in the occult and became unhinged
>regardless of the truth of these rumors, room #428 is currently closed and unavailable to students
>the room was given its current status by the university administration after a number of student-tenants reported standard poltergeist activity, the appearance of 'shadowy entities', disembodied voices and footsteps, 'spirit-rappings' and, most unsettling and notable of all, the appearance of an eerie 'demon face' on the inside of the room's main door, which kept reappearing despite the administration removing and replacing the door a number of times before it simply declared the room 'uninhabitable'.

It seems to this day, the university administration still considers room #428 uninhabitable. See: an article written just a few months ago by a student columnist from Ohio University, talking about the dorm hall.

(http://www.thepostathens.com/opinion/histories-of-houme-a-skeptical-vacancy-in-wilson-hall-room/article_6959b9f6-7cba-11e5-8515-6fcf9200d3bd.html)

I wish we had photos of this 'demon face'.
>>
The Ghost Face of UTMB Galveston

>the likeness of a human face (specifically, the likeness of a William A. 'Bigfoot' Wallace) that first appeared on the outer fourth-story wall of Building #71 (Ewing Hall) of the University of Texas Medical Branch campus in the 1980s, shortly after the construction of the building
>after the appearance of the face, the university had the wall in question sand-blasted; however, soon after, the face had appeared once more, this time on the third floor
>the image was sandblasted again, only for it to reappear on the second floor, after which the university ceased its efforts to remove it
>the face is purported to have manifested as a result of a land dispute, in which said 'Bigfoot' Wallace was entitled to a grant a land which the state of Texas refused to yield, with the face only appearing once the state of Texas erected a building on the parcel of land claimed by the then-dead claimant

There also seems to be a story of some nurse who was driving trying to see the face, but her inattention at the wheel caused her to dive into the adjoining marshland and drown.

(http://www.galvestonghost.com/TheFace.html)
>>
Bumperoo
>>
>>17301427
woah
>>
>>17301731
What's up? You happen to live near the Galveston area?
>>
>>17301354
the boat being missing could be the result of a big storm possibly, a lot can happen in a few years. wonder how it could have gotten there.
>>
>>17302009
I'm just saying what I've heard, but I've come across some people who think the Bouvet Island is some kind of secret base belonging to a secret entity, and I've seen claims such as the following: "Despite being officially “uninhabited,” it has its own top-level internet domain code: "BV". Registered since August 21st, 1997, it has been the epicenter of numerous internet attacks which were have been orchestrated against government, private and public organizations."

Don't know how true any of it is, other than the established fact that Bouvetoya does indeed have an Internet country code top-level domain. I just find it curious that these claims are made at all. I present them to you for the sake of curiosity.
>>
>>17302084
I've never heard of this island. Interesting. Thanks for the info, anon.
>>
>>17301331
Damn you Parker Brothers for letting everyone buy a direct line to hell.

Ouija boards are the dumbest thing imaginable. For exactly that reason.
>>
>>17302221

Why are they dumb
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 236x354px
>>17301746
Fort Worth, Galveston always seemed sketchy to me when I went.

>>17302221
I maintain that experiences with the luigi board are colored by how the supernatural is portrayed through one's religion. It seems like a lot of people with bad experiences had very heavy Christian or Catholic conditioning. I think that on its own own the board could be an ok method for divination. On the other hand, I had a bad time with one back in the day . . . felt like something really knew how to fuck me up. So I don't necessarily disagree with you. Ha.
>>
File: Tecaxic_calixtlahuaca_head.jpg (13KB, 408x348px) Image search: [Google]
Tecaxic_calixtlahuaca_head.jpg
13KB, 408x348px
The Tecaxic-Calixtlahuaca head:
---
>a terracotta artifact discovered in 1933 in a tomb located in the Tecaxic-Calixtlahuaca archeological zone, some 60km south of Mexico city
>due to its dissimilarity to Mesoamerican art motifs and its stylistic closeness to Greco-Roman art, the small head has been held as evidence of pre-Columbian trans-Atlantic contact
>an assessment of the case was made in 2001 by a joint American & Mexican effort claiming: "This result clears up the doubts of Colonial manufacture of the artifact, and makes the hypothesis of Roman origin... applicable. The identification of the head as Roman work from the II–III century A.D. has been further confirmed by Bernard Andreae... According to Andreae "[the head] is without any doubt Roman, and the lab analysis has confirmed that it is ancient. The stylistic examination tells us more precisely that it is a Roman work from around the II century A.D., and the hairstyle and the shape of the beard present the typical traits of the Severian emperors period [193-235 A.D.], exactly in the ‘fashion’ of the epoch."
>A thermoluminescence test performed in 1995 by a German institute, established its age range to somewhere between the 9th century BC and the middle of the 13th century AD, confirming a pre-colonial origin
>however, Payón (the supervisor of the original dig and the 'discoverer' of the artifact) did not publish information about the head itself until 1960, some 27 years after its supposed finding.

Interesting OOPArt. The head is believed to be of authentic Roman origin, though researchers are cautious, saying that the face was most likely carried aboard a wrecked ship carried by sea currents from Roman outposts on Lanzarote and Tenerife in the Atlantic to the Americas. But there is the problem, that the existence of the head was only reported so many years after it was supposedly found...

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tecaxic-Calixtlahuaca_head)
>>
>>17302264
Ah-h, I see. Interesting. Sorry, but when you said Galveston seemed 'sketchy', did you mean in a conventional way, or in a more... well, supernatural sense?

And please, do tell about your experience with the Ouija, if that's fine with you.
>>
File: bettycash&vickie.jpg (41KB, 400x316px) Image search: [Google]
bettycash&vickie.jpg
41KB, 400x316px
Cash-Landrum incident, 1980:
---
>one of the very few UFO cases to result in (civil) court proceedings
>on the evening of December 29, Betty Cash, Vickie Landrum and Colby Landrum (Vickie's grandson) were driving home to Dayton, Texas after dining out
>at about 9 pm, while driving on an isolated road in dense woods, the witnesses said they observed a light above some trees, but thinking it was an airplane approaching Houston Intercontinental Airport (~35 miles away) they gave it little notice.
>a few minutes later on the winding road, the witnesses saw what they believed to be the same light as before, but much closer and very bright
>the light, they claimed, came from a huge diamond-shaped object, which hovered at about treetop level
>the object's base was expelling flame and emitting significant heat; Cash stopped the car, though Vickie Landrum - a born-again Christian - believed she was witnessing the Second Coming of Christ, telling her grandson that Jesus would not hurt them
>the two women went outside to investigate the object, but got back in the car due to the Landrum's grandson becoming frantic
>the witnesses said the heat was strong enough to make the car's metal body painful to the touch—Cash said she had to use her coat to protect her hand from being burnt when she finally re-entered the car
>when she touched the car's dashboard, Landrum's hand pressed into the softened vinyl, leaving an imprint that was evident weeks later: investigators later cited this handprint as proof of the witnesses' account
>at some point, the object rose up into the sky, and the witnesses claim black helicopters approached and surrounded it
>after the UFO and helicopters left, Cash took the Landrums home, then retired for the evening
>that night, they all experienced similar symptoms, though Cash to a greater degree: all suffered from nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, generalized weakness, a burning sensation in their eyes, and feeling as though they'd suffered sunburns

Part 1
>>
File: cash-landrum object.jpg (50KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
cash-landrum object.jpg
50KB, 500x377px
Cash-Landrum incident, 1980 (cont'd):
---
>however, Cash eventually had to be hospitalized after her condition deteriorated such that patches of her hair and skin started to fall away; the Landrums also sought medical attention, though their conditions were less severe
>a radiologist who examined the witnesses' medical records for MUFON wrote, "We have strong evidence that these patients have suffered secondary damage to ionizing radiation. It is also possible that there was an infrared or ultraviolet component as well."
>however, [some] contend that, although the symptoms were similar to those caused by ionizing radiation, the rapidity of onset was only consistent with a massive dose that would have meant certain death in a few days
>since all of the victims lived for years after the incident, [some] suggest the cause of the symptoms was some kind of chemical contamination, presumably by an aerosol
>Vickie Landrum telephoned a number of U.S. government agencies and officials about the encounter, and eventually, MUFON began research on the case
>due to the helicopters' presence (identified as Chinooks), the witnesses presumed that at least one branch of the United States Armed Forces had witnessed the object
>in 1982, Lt. Col. George Sarran of the Department of the Army Inspector General began the only thorough formal governmental investigation into the supposed UFO encounter, but could find no any evidence that the helicopters the witnesses claimed to have seen belonged to the U.S. Armed Forces.
>eventually, Cash and Landrum contacted their U.S. Senators, who suggested that the witnesses file a complaint with the Judge Advocate Claims office at Bergstrom Air Force Base
>with an attorney taking on the case pro bono, the case wound its way through the U.S. Courts for several years
>Cash and Landrum sued the U.S government for $20 million
>on August 21, 1986, a U.S. District Court judge dismissed their case

Part 2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash-Landrum_incident
>>
>>17301331
Op, I like you. This thread is great, thanks. <3
>>
>>17302264
I would be even more skeptical, it's is known that the brain is really capable of mindfucking people (with sleep paralysis for example). I think it's very likely that most of those events find their cause in the mind of the victims sadly. Not saying it couldn't be something supernatural, just that there no real proof that something supernatural occurred. It's a shame that there doesn't seem to be actual scientific work done one the subject.

For example I think that it would be interesting to find a group of people with no knowledge whatsoever about Ouija board and make them perform a ritual without any context and see if they experience any things that would seem supernatural afterwards, just to be able to compare.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 500x333px
>>17302331
regular sketchy, to my chagrin! just intrigued to see it posted. thanks for sharing.

the ouija. i was a lonely 13-yr old and i took it pretty seriously. because we were dumb, my friend and i believed we were talking to an ancient egyptian spirit named djar. it pulled some mind reading parlor tricks on us, like my friend and i spelled out our other friend's unusual middle name when he wasn't touching the planchette. i started doing it on my own and actively invited it into my mind. i remember that moment pretty clearly. things kinda went downhill for me. i found a letter outside the music room where we messed with the ouija board. i now firmly believe the letter was interdimensional trolling but it really disturbed me, to this day the contents cause me trouble but i can't bring myself to explain in more detail. sorry. my other friend started seeing a 'hat-man' in his house as well, kinda well known in paranormal circles. i tried to exorcise myself of the spirit last year (i'm 25 and still scared haha) and it was mildly effective, it's like a scar you live with i guess.

>>17302781
it's definitely a delicate subject. and yes that would be interesting! i believe charles cosimano is the closest i have found. his parents were science-oriented, he used the ouija board to find out which girls liked him or not, stuff like that
>>
File: ummo symbol.jpg (71KB, 1540x1230px) Image search: [Google]
ummo symbol.jpg
71KB, 1540x1230px
The Ummo Affair:
>a series of decade-long claims that beings from the planet 'Ummo' were communicating with people on Earth
>the phenomenon first began in 1966, when a number of UFO/Forteana enthusiasts, supposed contactees and clairvoyants, occultists, poets, and writers in France and Spain began receiving mysterious correspondence from anonymous sources
>these were usually very detailed letters documenting facets of Ummite society, culture, history, and technology
>within the year, various persons (mostly in Madrid, but some in Paris) received about 150 Ummite documents, totaling over 1000 pages; in some two years, the affair had reached mainstream news outlets in Europe, and
>every page of these documents was stamped with the same symbol of three linked lines, similar to the alchemical symbol for Uranus
>new Ummite documents would continue surfacing for many subsequent years
>many others have received Ummo letters, including French scientist Jean-Pierre Petit, a researcher at the CNRS.
>the true identity of the author(s) of said pieces of correspondence remains unknown.
>to this day, it is widely assumed that the Ummo affair was an elaborate hoax: it is rumored that the entire thing was orchestrated by the CIA or the KGB, though the reasons why remain unknown, and other theories point to the New Left movement (which would erupt in 1968 regardless)
>to the present day, a small number of devotees still claim to regularly receive correspondence from these 'Ummites', including a Bolivian cult known as 'the Daughters of Ummo'.

http://www.ignaciodarnaude.com/ummo/Ummo,Wikipedia.htm

Here's some more basic info on the Ummo Affair which I can't hope to fit here. Below is a site compiling a great number of the supposed correspondence from Ummo, but most of it is in French, although some of it is in English.

http://ummo-sciences.org/

Odd case, I think - sounds like some kind of government-sponsored disinfo, to me, but I'll let you come to your opinion.
>>
The Pickens County Courthouse 'face':
---
>the original courthouse of Carrolton, AL, had been sacked and torched by Union soldiers during the war; however, it was rebuilt through much sacrifice and hardship
>in 1878, parts of the building were badly damaged by fire that had supposedly been set after a failed break-in/robbery attempt
>a local black man known for his fiery temper, Henry Wells, was accused of damaging a symbol of town pride, and was charged and arrested on four counts: arson, burglary, carrying a concealed weapon and assault with intent to murder.
>he was taken to the sheriff's office, located inside the newly completed courthouse, to await trial.
>however, an unruly and loud crowd began to gather outside, demanding "justice"; sensing the danger of the situation, the sheriff took Wells to the high garret of the new courthouse, and told him to keep quiet.
>however, as the crowd became larger, Wells panicked, whereupon he supposedly went to the window, opened it, and cried to those below: ""I am innocent. If you kill me, I am going to haunt you for the rest of your lives!"
>the story says at that moment, a bolt of lightning struck nearby, flashing the image of Wells' face, contorted with fear, to the crowd below
>in the end, the mob forced its way inside and past the sheriff and staff, falling upon Wells and meting out their "justice" on him
>the next morning, a number of townspeople noticed what appeared to be a 'face' in the attic window of the town courthouse, and the story proceeded to spread until most of the town had congregated to see what appeared to them to be Well's fear-filled 'face' etched into the glass
>no amount of washing was able to erase the face, and to this day, the supposed 'face' can be seen
>the face cannot be seen from the inside of the courthouse attic

I posted this one once before, but only once, so I hope not many of you have read it before!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickens_County_Courthouse_%28Alabama%29
>>
File: Ruskie.gif (635KB, 367x206px) Image search: [Google]
Ruskie.gif
635KB, 367x206px
>>17303441
I see, friend.
Have you tried talking to a priest? If only to remove whatever entity seems to have attached itself.

And does this 'spirit' still interfere with your life actively? How so?

I hope you don't find my line of questioning too intrusive, and if I sound blunt, my apologies. I just want to know more.
>>
>>17301391
Imagine being designated any of the neighbouring rooms. Happiest people on graduation day.
>>
>>17302309
I wonder how much archeologists hide to avoid messing the stupid historical models we've been following for so long.
>>
Bumping the hell out of this. Threads like this are PRECISELY why I keep coming back to /x/
>>
>>17301354
The island was no mystery by the beginning of the Cold War.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vela_Incident
>>
agreed
>>
>>17302331
>>17302264
I live in SE Texas and can confirm, Galveston is sketchy in both ways. Much of the paranormal stuff is tied to the history of the port and is well documented.

True story though not really paranormal, one of my brother's friends befriended some guys from Galveston on the internet back in the day and they arranged to come pick him up and hang out. The scum bags ended up robbing him and ditching him in the middle of no where. Honestly he's lucky to be alive though. Still, G-town is sketchy as shit.
>>
>>17303637
I wonder what would happen if they replaced the glass? Or have they done so?
>>
File: Bennington Triangle.jpg (64KB, 300x365px) Image search: [Google]
Bennington Triangle.jpg
64KB, 300x365px
The Bennington Triangle Disappearances, 1920s - 1950s:
---
>the 'Bennington Triangle' phrase was coined in 1992 by Joseph Citro in reference to a number of strange disappearances in Vermont between 1920-1950, the most well-known being the disappearances of Middie Rivers. Paula Welden, James Tedford, Paul Jepson, Frieda Langer, and lesser-known others ingrained into the folklore of the area
>the most mysterious of the aforementioned was that of James Tedford, who disappeared despite being in a bus full of people
>Tedford - a veteran of WWII - was on his way home to Bennington from a trip to St. Albans, Vermont; there were 14 other passengers in the bus, not including the driver
>they all testified to seeing him there, sleeping in his seat
>however, upon reaching its destination, Tedford had vanished
>his luggage was found in the rack above his seat, and plainly on his seat, his bus timetable
>Tedford was never seen or heard from again

Oddly enough, from reading around, it seems the wife of this James Tedford had also disappeared earlier before. Upon his return from the front lines in World War II, his wife was nowhere to be found, and the property they had been renting was found to be abandoned. The last sighting of her by other townspeople of the area was her walking to an Amoco store.

Concerning the other disappearances, here's the wikipedia link. Most of them seem odd, but certainly not as odd as that of James Tedford, for the rest of them disappeared as they were walking around in a trail or being in places where they could have wandered off without being noticed, if they wanted to, whereas Tedford was in a moving vehicle surrounded by other people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bennington_Triangle#James_Tedford_.281949.29

I wonder if David Paulides has looked into these?
>>
>>17303829
This
So much this
>>
>>17301391
Actually there are, I think a few crews also got access to that place if i'm remembering correctly. Been years.
>>
File: cara de Belmez-la-pava.jpg (54KB, 300x437px) Image search: [Google]
cara de Belmez-la-pava.jpg
54KB, 300x437px
>>17304175
Can't find any. Any time I look for photos of the 'demon' face (using the terms 'face' along with 'Room 428', 'Wilson Hall' and other obvious ones), I immediately get Belmez face results.
>>
>>17304241
Its been years but your right I just searched it now and it had a few body marks on conceit but that's it. Apolgizes for the shit spelling its late
>>
File: 1410739600847.gif (754KB, 149x175px) Image search: [Google]
1410739600847.gif
754KB, 149x175px
>>17304282
It's alright, Anon. Just sit back and enjoy the ride as I continue posting more cases from my collection.
>>
>>17304324
Planned on it, /x/ has been helping me get to sleep. Scares the shit out of, and I just give up in the whole 'TAKE ME AWAY!' which lets me sleep like a baby...usually.

OH FUCKING HELL NOT STREET SIGNS. GOD DAMN IT
>>
>>17301427
Cool: defacing (or should I say facing ;] ) a building built illegally on your lands.
Not cool: killing a nurse.
>>
>>17302309
See, I really hate when my fellow historians try to deny early transatlantic travel. There is a ton of evidence that early, long-distance travel occurred.

The idea that early humans were stupid and incapable just because they were, in many ways, rudimentary, goes against everything we know about our species.
>>
>>17304546
Its a sad fact, but scientists are generally terrified of being challenged intellectually.
>>
>>17304324

I'll be in the thread anon, this is interesting stuff.
>>
>>17304561
>>17304546
I remember this, I actually only LEARNED that Vikings arrived in America before whats his name in 12 grade and the year AFTER I left they got rid of the course cause parents bitched and some Scientists said there was no proof.

Funny enough I had a debate earlier with my friends about how you should always keep an open mind and atleast QUESTION the information present from Scientists.
>>
>>17303637
>local black man known for his fiery temper

Come on anon now I know this can't be true.
>>
>>17304561
I really hate that. The other professors in my department won't acknowledge the evidence that's staring them in the face.

So many people in my field refuse to change their mindset when given evidence. If you can't take being wrong you 100% do not belong in science or history.
>>
>>17304647
This is a true story. I have a friend I met online thats studying to be a astrophysicist. Hes a great guy and we often play grand strategy games together in mumble.

Hes incredibly easy to troll though. I have a kinda "hippy-dippy" history, and have done many psychedelics and can project my energy really well. Whenever I bring up anything not scientifically proven at ALL (like mental communication, or energy manipulation, my experience with et's etc) he becomes very upset and usually (no lie) physically ill. This man gets PHYSICALLY sick when I challenge his belief system.
>>
>>17301391
Damn, I'm at U of Cincinnati.
>>
>>17302009
He equipment being neatly laid out on shore, only for the entire set to vanish is weird.

Probably got washed away with the tide, but then it also implies that somebody was on the lifeboat to lay the equipment onshore in the first place.
>>
>>17304647
Don't trust what you're taught in high school history classes. If any of it is true, it's only a small part. History at a high school level is distilled, basic, government approved bullshit meant to make you a proud, patriotic idiot.

You will never learn about shit like Arbenz, or how we spread pro-radical Islamic propaganda in Iraq, or how the Middle East is fucked up because of England and a small group of wealthy Jews, or how there's a fair chance that Hitler survived, or that France fucked us AND Vietnam during that conflict... High school history isn't meant to teach you anything real.
>>
>>17304701
Trust me, I wasn't totally brainwashed but I am a proud support OF American or atleast what its values once were.

I did a few projects on Aliens -mainly grays- and also Hitler surviving either to SA or to North Pole.
>>
>>17304716
>also Hitler surviving either to SA

I always liked the Father Krespi theory.
>>
>>17304426
That might have been an honest accident. Sounds like she was just a bad driver.
>>
>>17304716
I mean, I support the idea that, with effort, we could make this country great. But American values have never actually been good values. Our country's entire history has been moving from kicking one helpless group until they make us stop so we just move onto the next.

Our morality has always been about denying our own humanity and judging others. It's all oppression. We just happen to oppress ourselves as well as everyone else else. Misery loves company, I guess.
>>
>>17302309
>most likely carried aboard a wrecked ship carried by sea currents from Roman outposts

That sounds possible, but it certainly doesn't sound "most likely".
>>
>>17304755
>>17304726
>>17304701
I pretty much made them think I was crazier then I appeared and acted but atleast two looked it up with my help afterwords.

>>17304744
With effort we could make ANY country great, But we need to rally together and get rid of the defeatists altitude of giving up

HOLY fuck I sound like a bot ;-; am I real? We're all human here right?
>>
>>17304770
01001001 00100111 01101101 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100010 01101111 01110100 00100000 01001001 00100000 01110011 01110111 01100101 01100001 01110010
>>
>>17304770
I don't know that I've seen a defeatist attitude in others. I don't think people want to give up. I think some people are just struggling too much in their own bubble to care about fixing things on a larger scale. Which is really a symptom of larger things we need to fix.

We need to stop training patriotism into kids, for starters. If you want your citizens to happily engage and serve or even die for your country you need to serve their interests. But America doesn't do that. It serves the wealthy and powerful and uses its broken education system to train the poor into ignorance and unconditional, terrifying patriotic love of America. We don't care about education, here. We say we do but if we really did it wouldn't be this fucked.
>>
>>17303594
It could be disinfo, but the question, as stated in the greentext, is why.
There's also the possibility that some rich madman or a very dedicated group of writers came up with the documents, either as an art project or as a prank.

Then again, maybe the Ummites are/were real and wanted to share info with a foreign civilized planet for whatever reason. I agree, it's a weird case.
>>
>>17304829
You know that if the niggers and kikes were expelled, America wouldn't be such a laughing stock of a country? There's a reason places like Zimbabwe go to shit once you let blacks in charge. You've got reddit written allover your post.
>>
>>17304829
I'm sorry but I disagree, Patriotism has helped me and many others. The issue is defeatists and everybody giving up along with a REAL educational system. Apprently the kids are dealing stress of OLD ass America with dumb downed logic now a days.
>>
>>17304878
You don't even realize you're proving me right about our education system, do you?

If you want, I could actually teach you about why Zimbabwe is the way it is. It's really sad to me that someone stopped you from thinking for yourself. Do you even realize that you're spreading the angry ignorance they used to enslave you?
>>
>>17304901
Maybe we aren't talking about the same sort of patriotism. I don't mean to say that loving and wanting to improve America is wrong.

The word, to me, means thinking America is perfect and has never done anything wrong. Maybe the connotations it holds, for me, are what's making us disagree here.

But I really haven't seen defeatist attitudes. Although, that could be just my own experiences.

I will agree, though, with your last point about logic.
>>
>>17304901
>>17304918
Patriotism often gets equated to nationalism in my mind. So that's probably where that's coming from.
>>
>>17304929
Well America IS better then MOST and let me repeat this most other places in the world. Everybody needs a healthy dose of Patriotism and Nationalism. Just... you know, Not going the fucking rocker and start killing others. Exporting them sure, not murder.

FUCK IS OP, I wanted more stories. Don't want this deleted by mod by mistake.
>>
>>17304945
We aren't better than most. Statistically, we are average, at best, in many of the ways we quantify a good country. Our education is bad. Our healthcare is overpriced, often unnecessarily aggressive, and more about profit than recovery. Our politicians are basically fully and openly on sale. Poverty is rampant. We send people off to die, put them through situations where they will have lasting damage physically and mentally, and then refuse to help them reassimilate into a healthy civilian lifestyle. Minimum wage isn't something you can live on, corporate welfare is almost exclusively something that is abused, you could legally be held indefinitely without charges as long as someone used the right language to describe your crime, and I could honestly keep going.

If we want America to be great we need to recognize and accept why it is not. Then we can move forward to fix those things.
>>
>>17304988
Along of things you have pointed out are issues yes and I would love if we had a solution for this but we don't.

I honestly had a reply that made since but I was just swamped with exhaustion, Its been 27 hours since last nap.
>>
>>17302264
I don't think that it's got to do with people being christian but rather with the things you attract by using a ouija board, they're trying to harrass you based on what you're afraid of.
>>17302781
They would need to know something about it in order to use it, though.
>>17303441
I never had much luck using it myself, my mom told me an interesting story about a friend of hers. When they were younger this friend would invite them to play a variation of ouija, it's basically just letters on small pieces of paper laid out in a circle and a shot glass used as a planchette. My mom and my dad were invited once. Everyone who was cynical about the whole subject had to leave the room. My dad left and my mom swears that the glass moved on it's own, no one even had one finger on it. So they asked a bunch of questions and left. She told me this story when I was still super excited about this kind of thing, so I asked her if we could visit this lady because I wanted to see it, too. But my mom told me her friend wouldn't do that kind of stuff anymore because after a while she experienced strange and unpleasant stuff. She wouldn't only play with friends, but also chatted with a certain entity (or so she thought) all the time, at some point even on a daily basis. The entity became more clingy and she felt a presence in her home. When she tried to rest and not talk to it anymore, some unseen force started poking her or tugging on her clothes. That's when she quit.
Interdimensional trolling is a good way to put it, the things you attract with this kind of occult practice are trolls.
>>
>>17302309
why would they keep quiet? this reminds me of the mystery of the sphinx, in which they were close to discover something great but had to keep quiet because muh egyptians
>>
>>17305248
and sometimes really life threatening. Attacks are not uncommon and some have been fatal but marked as 'heart attacks/strokes/ect'

>>17305272
Nobody was happen when the Earth was called Round or the Earth went around the Sun anon. Use your head.
>>
>>17305282
Just like cyberbullying can end in suicide. When you don't know much about this stuff and play into their hands, you can end up killing yourself.
>>
>>17305297
Pretty much, in all aspects of the meaning. Spiritual/mentally/physically
>>
File: Charlotte_Anne_Moberly.jpg (26KB, 348x575px) Image search: [Google]
Charlotte_Anne_Moberly.jpg
26KB, 348x575px
The Moberly-Jourdain Incident

>On August 10th, 1901, Charlotte Anne Moberly and Eleanor Jourdain, both local French school headmasters, decided to tour the Palace of Versailles
>Although using a guidebook to navigate the grounds, they miss the avenue they had been searching for and become lost
>While walking down a small lane, the women witness a woman shaking a cloth out of an upper palace window and see an old-fashioned plough next to a decrepit farmhouse
>The women they felt a feeling of oppression and weariness, but continued on to find what appeared to be two palace gardeners who told them to continue straight on
>Around this time Moberly reports a drastic change in atmosphere: "Everything suddenly looked unnatural, therefore unpleasant; even the trees seemed to become flat and lifeless, like wood worked in tapestry. There were no effects of light and shade, and no wind stirred the trees."
>They continued onward through the grounds and came to a wood, at the edge of which was a man. Jourdain wrote, "The man slowly turned his face, which was marked by smallpox; his complexion was very dark. The expression was evil and yet unseeing, and though I did not feel that he was looking particularly at us, I felt a repugnance to going past him."
>Among other odd, old-fashioned, and out of place characters they met on their walk, when they arrived at the garden in front of the palace by crossing a bridge, they saw a fair-haired woman wearing a hat, whose likeness was so similar to Marie Antoinette's that Moberly became convinced they were actually seeing her apparition
>The rest of their tour continues without incident
>Believing they had stumbled into a sort of time warp or had seen apparitions from the 19th century, the women went back to the grounds. They could not retrace the path they had taken and noted the lack of certain features of the landscape that were now missing, like the bridge and kiosk.

1/2
>>
File: EleanorJourdain2.jpg (23KB, 271x360px) Image search: [Google]
EleanorJourdain2.jpg
23KB, 271x360px
>>17305496

>As well as the missing landmarks, during their second visit the grounds were bustling with tourists much unlike their strange first visit
>Thinking that maybe the management had booked some kind of private function on the date of their first visit, they inquired and were told that nothing unusual was scheduled on that day
>After doing some research, they placed that pox marked man as potentially being the Compte de Vaudreuil, and the woman in the garden potentially being the Queen Marie Antoinette herself

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moberly%E2%80%93Jourdain_incident#
>>
>>17301331
I like spooky stuff just fine. But the ouja board is a registered patent of Parker bros (monopoly ) as are tarot cards.
>>
>>17304743
I think you are right.
>>
>>17305514
The idea of a 'talking board' has been in existence since the Song Dynasty, at least according to Wikipedia.
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 450x725px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 450x725px
>>17303669
I haven't talked to a priest, not because I think it wouldn't help, I guess because I feel connected to the entity. It manifests itself as a kind of voice which eggs on self destructive behavior - basically a mental disorder. If I indulge in its directives, it gets harder to ignore.

I don't mind bluntness, I wish I would reciprocate but I can't bring myself to talk about this with complete clarity. It's kind of frustrating

>>17303957
That's fucked up. Yeah for real glad he is alive.

>>17305248
True, I guess its not necessarily Christian demons or whatever but the general imagery of hell does seem to be a pretty good source of nightmare fuel that's embedded in mainstream consciousness.

And damn that's really creepy. Yes unfortunately that is the case, and often people get out what they put into these things. I doubt anybody intends for things to go as far as they sometimes do but one has to admit the ouija and cheap thrills are synonymous, like anything it's just a tool but most people go into it for shits and giggles and are surprised when the supernatural does the same thing back

It definitely knew how to get to me, I didn't really have any friends at the time and it told me to kill myself more than once lol. Makes me cringe to see people wearing ouija board apparel nowadays. But maybe now that it's a pop culture thing it won't work the same way and kids will be summoning Kim Kardashians butthole or whatever they like now
>>
>>17305576
>'talking board'
>message board

Guys, the internet is full of ghosts & demons!
>>
>>17301331
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/horrifying-moment-girl-possessed-devil-6582565
>>
>>17302239
>>
Just when i thought theres no more oc in /x/ anymore
>>
File: broad heaven triangle.jpg (75KB, 860x672px) Image search: [Google]
broad heaven triangle.jpg
75KB, 860x672px
The Broad Haven Triangle:
---
>a village and small-time seaside resort on the coast of Wales
>site of a number of odd one-time UFO sightings and 'visitations' in February of 1977
>the first report occurred in February 4th when a yellow cigar-shaped craft supposedly landed in a field next to t he Broadhaven Primary School
>14 students reported seeing a silver 'humanoid' creature, which frightened them and caused them to run back to the school building, where they drew their rendition of the creature at the instruction of the headmaster
>the UK's MoD became involved, discreetly
>the second sighting occurred on the 17th of February, when teachers and parents outside of the school reported seeing a silvery 'creature' boarding a luminous cigar-shaped object
>the last sighting occurred in April, when a local business owner claimed to see an 'upside down' flying saucer in a nearby field by the sea, with two humanoid creatures standing by
>the MoD classified the case and never gave an explanation

It's a shame I'm at work, because I think (I might be wrong) I have a screencap of some BBC news flash in my PC at home, which concerns some de-classification of a number of UFO investigations made by the MoD in 2010 or some recent year; but I think this screencap might refer to this case, in which it can be seen: "MoD declassifies UFO investigation files... 1970s through 1990s... children reported seeing 'entity' with a large head and odd suit...", followed by a drawing of this entity by the children.

Anyways, here's the link to the case.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread871551/pg1
>>
>>17304008
I'm from Alabama and this was actually a part of a book we read when I was young "13 Alabama Ghosts". The glass has actually been changed quite a few times, being broken from vandalism. Every single time the face returned. It even made the local news in Birmingham in the late 80s because of the face returning in a new pane days after it had been replaced. Weird story.
>>
File: friendship_island.png (51KB, 300x185px) Image search: [Google]
friendship_island.png
51KB, 300x185px
Chile's 'Friendship Island', 1980s:
---
>a series of claims by a number of individuals that somewhere in one of Chile's remote islands (often said to be either in Tierra del Fuego or the sea of Chiloé), there exists a so-called 'Friendship Island', populated by enigmatic and reclusive being of a distinctively 'Caucasian' yet 'odd' appearance (many refer to them as 'gringos'), which spread in the 1980s
>the claims began to spread after rumors appeared of smugglers and former pirates being paid handsomely by these 'gringos' to discreetly import goods from the outside world
>the claims were bolstered by ham radio enthusiasts who reported both receiving transmissions and establishing communications with these reclusive people
>these enthusiast would go on to say that these beings had informed them that they were the ones responsible for a number of well-known UFO sightings across S. America
>there have been many claims concerning these people from 'Friendship Island' - for example, that they are extremely advanced both spiritually and technologically, leading to claims that they are extra-terrestrials ('Nordic' aliens), small enclaves of descendants of ex-Nazis and/or Nazi sympathizers, members of a cult,

Personally, this case is very odd and confusing for me, and it - frankly - seems quite suspect. I only found out about it because of making an /x/-style thread on KC's /int', and some Chilean posted that the Friendship Island phenomenon is to them (the Chileans) what Roswell and Mothman are to us in the U.S. Still, interesting case: people genuinely believe there's some mysterious entities inhabiting a remote island in that isolated part of the world.
>>
>>17302503
>>17302450
This case always really interested me
>>
File: 1384833502443.png (9KB, 251x404px) Image search: [Google]
1384833502443.png
9KB, 251x404px
>>17304091
>man disappears off a moving bus
WHAT THE FUUUUCK
>>
The Kaz II 'ghost yacht', 2007
---
>a catamaran found drifting 163km from the north-eastern coast of Australia on April 20th.
>her three crew members - Derek Batten, Peter Tunstead, James Tunstead - were missing, and were never found, in what authorities termed as 'strange', considering the conditions on the vessel
>food and flatware were set out on the table, a laptop computer was set up and turned on, the cabin was generally tidy, and the engine was still running; the boat's emergency systems, including its radio and GPS were fully functional, and still had its full complement of life jackets
>the one sign that was out of the ordinary was one of the boat's sails had been badly shredded
>no evidence or signs of foul play or third-party involvement were found
>a video recording was found that showed footage taken by the crew during their trip - it revealed some clues as to the men's last day and location
>the Kaz II was found with its fenders out, leading to some speculation that the Kaz II may have docked with an-unknown vessel to which the crew might have willingly, or unwillingly, transferred

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaz_II

Very interesting disappearance. Can't say I got down all the minute details, but I gave the basics.
>>
File: 1434228232625.jpg (13KB, 470x356px) Image search: [Google]
1434228232625.jpg
13KB, 470x356px
The San Pedro Haunting/Poltergeist (1989):

>a woman named Jackie Hernandez living in San Pedro, California, reported in 1989 that a mysterious force had begun attacking her and her two children
>the entity supposedly manifested itself as a disembodied flying head, as moving shadows, or flying orbs, and it was claimed objects would move by themselves, that strange smells would arise before vanishing, and that loud voices would come from the attic
>several times, she saw the apparition of a cadaverous and haggard old man
>investigators in the house were violently attacked, with equipment flying out of their hands, electronic equipment powering down instantaneously, and the apportation of a mysterious substance that began oozing out of a wall cabinet and the walls surrounding it
>a sample of the mysterious substance was taken, and, when tested,w as revealed to be human plasma
>on one occasion, an investigator in the house - who had ventured into the attic - was hung with a tied piece of rope by an invisible force onto a nail that was attached to a rafter beam of the attic ceiling
>the rope was attached so tightly around the investigator's neck that his rescuer had to bend the nail down to unhook him
>the investigator, after the incident, had deep red marks on his neck
>Jackie moved away soon after, and the reports of poltergeist phenomenon ceased
>>
>>17306464
Sounds like jinn
>>
>>17306464

Dude there's video footage of this too, one of the creepiest videos ever.

"The image you are about to see is highly disturbing. THIS IS NOT A DRAMATIZATION."

>Cut to guy being fucking lynched by an invisible poltergeist

Spoop
>>
>>17306807
Sauce?
>>
>>17306807
>>17306464
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbHMdkig_xA
>>
This is a great thread
>>
>>17307058
It is.

more pls
>>
>>17301331
This is some quality thread. I had never seen several of the cases listed here on /x/ before. Keep the good work, OP!
>>
File: babylon01.jpg (40KB, 600x517px) Image search: [Google]
babylon01.jpg
40KB, 600x517px
Posted this on /tv/, but got accused of shilling and marketing. Funny enough, I actually made the thread because of a thread I saw on /x/ yesterday. Will cut and paste here.

Has /tv/ heard of Return to Babylon? Supposedly, this modern day silent film has caught paranormal activity on film, making the movie an actual haunted film. The story even starts out creepily enough. The director, Alex Monty Canawati, always wanted to make a silent film. One night while walking to his car, he came upon a bag of what appeared to be trash, but after looking in the bag he found a case of factory sealed black and white film. This is how “Return To Babylon” came to be. As strange as it is to find 19 rolls of unopened black and white film it is nothing compared to what he would find while going over the raw unedited footage.
>>
File: babylon02.jpg (28KB, 600x518px) Image search: [Google]
babylon02.jpg
28KB, 600x518px
>>17307121

When going over the film in editing, Canawati found some disturbing things. For one, the actors seemed to spontaneously morph for brief seconds, taking on hideous visages. Mainly it would be their faces, but in some instances their fingers would also become elongated and webbed.
>>
File: babylon03.jpg (36KB, 600x514px) Image search: [Google]
babylon03.jpg
36KB, 600x514px
>>17307124

Canawati claims no special effects were used. When looking at the film's budget, it's very lean, with most of the funds going towards the actors and locations. There was no budget for special effects, leaving people to wonder what caused this morphing effect?
>>
File: babylon04.jpg (4KB, 170x146px) Image search: [Google]
babylon04.jpg
4KB, 170x146px
>>17307128

Speaking of the locations, Canawati often filmed in the real life old mansions of the stars of the silent era, including Rudolph Valentino's. Many of these locations were already said to be haunted before Babylon started filming in them. Many of the actors and actresses involved also said they felt the project was haunted. Jennifer Tilly was the most vocal, claiming that spirits were outright touching her and poking her.
>>
File: babylon05.jpg (6KB, 236x204px) Image search: [Google]
babylon05.jpg
6KB, 236x204px
>>17307132

Is it a clever marketing ploy to just drum up interest, as some posters already calling out? Keep on acting like /v/, guys. If that were the case, why has the film never seen the light of day? Outside of the few clips that have been posted online, Return to Babylon has never seen the light of day. It is not available commercially or through the usual back channels.
>>
File: babylon06.jpg (97KB, 1000x769px) Image search: [Google]
babylon06.jpg
97KB, 1000x769px
>>17307134

I was shitposting on this site when you were still spelling "BOOBS" on your speak and say.

>>17307135

The films has actually been completed for years, too. I only found out about it because of a thread that was posted on /x/ yesterday.

/x/ thread: http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17302022/#17302022

It caught my interest after that short thread. I figured since this was /tv/, and it is a movie and all, maybe someone here might have heard of it or have more info. In any case, gonna post a few more images.

Any other supposedly haunted films out there?
>>
File: babylon07.jpg (35KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
babylon07.jpg
35KB, 600x450px
>>17307139

Gonna post two more pics I found online.
>>
>>17307160
Freaky- pretty extreme 'marketing' stunt...
>>
File: The Ridges.jpg (173KB, 1024x410px) Image search: [Google]
The Ridges.jpg
173KB, 1024x410px
>>17301391
OU student here.
The Ridges lunatic asylum is also reported to be haunted AF
>"There are 1,930 people buried at the three cemeteries located at the Ridges. Of those, 700 women and 959 men lay under the headstones marked only with a number."[5] There were some patients who had died that were reunited with their families and buried in cemeteries around their homes. By 1943, the State of Ohio began putting names, births, and deaths, on the markers of the patients who died. (Friends of Asylum, McCabe)It is unknown as to why the state switched from using only numbers to using names in order to verify who the deceased were, but this practice remained constant through the remainder of time that patients were buried up at the asylum. Although the newer stones had names, births, and deaths, the older stones that remained had not been replaced until recently.[5]

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athens_Lunatic_Asylum)
>>
>>17301331
>ouija board
it's like they're asking to get demon raped
any story that starts off with ouija instantly gets my seal of retardation
>>
Bumping awesome thread. Only been on /x/ for a few days and I'm liking it. On a side note, does anyone know a website or something similar where I can look at pictures of abandoned places?
>>
>>17307500
http://images.lmgtfy.com/?q=Pictures+of+abandoned+buildings
>>
>>17303441
> i now firmly believe the letter was interdimensional trolling

I firmly believe the letter was one of your friends trolling. Come on.
>>
>>17307160

Wait, this was a genuine silent film era production? How could Jennifer Tilly be involved? That part of the story wasn't clear.
>>
>>17307614
The guy found the weird footage and used it for his new movie
>>
File: 2_small.jpg (86KB, 334x432px) Image search: [Google]
2_small.jpg
86KB, 334x432px
Spoopy case from my home state:

The Clawfoot People of Zoar Valley, NY

>Clan of Yankee hicks that are plagued over generations with a unique deformity that gives their hands and feet a claw-like appearance
>Live in an isolated valley, mass imbreeding, the genetic feature basically becomes a multi-generational curse on the valley's inhabitants
>One man who suffered from the deformity was so disgusted in his own appearance that he used an axe to cut off his fingers
>The Clawfoots get an idea that could possibly save their descendants from the woes they have long suffered
>One man who was miraculously unafflicted by the deformity married outside the clan with the hope of the offspring coming out healthy
>Child is born with the clawfoot deformity
>Seeing no salvation the clan makes a pact to never breed again, to ultimately die out and save their children the suffering
>True to their word, they never breeder again and ultimately died out altogether

http://www.weirdus.com/states/new_york/fabled_people_and_places/claw_foot_people/index.php
>>
>>17307623

Can you elaborate a little? Was it sort of like a remake of the reels he'd found? Or did he splice together footage from the original reels with new content?

I'd imagine it would be a little jarring to watch; I can't imagine it would be easy to have the aesthetics match well.
>>
>>17307614
>>17307623
He used the sealed film rolls to record his movie. Then, when working on the raw recordings, he found out those "disturbung things".
>>
>>17307795

Oh, ok. I misread and thought there was content on the film rolls he came across. They were sealed and he just used them to help aid him film a more authentic silent film made in modern times.
>>
bumpity bump bump

Come on, I know you have more OP.
>>
File: Lost_Soul.gif (33KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Lost_Soul.gif
33KB, 320x200px
>>17306464

>disembodied flying head

DANANA-NANANA-NANANA-NANANA-NANANA-NANANA-NANANA-NANANANANA-NAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH
>>
Too lazy to grab the picture and everything, but in Pickens County, Alabama; there's a face in the window of a courthouse. Story goes that some black guy was blamed for burning down a house, and though innocent, was hung up regardless. His face is burned into the window overlooking the angry mob that was getting ready to come and drag him out, as story goes.
>>
>>17307990
Was already posted

Pretty cool
>>
>>17306989
There was no such video footage there. If it existed it would be there instead of the picture no?
>>
>>17308221

I was the one who originally referenced that part. I meant the video in general. There isn't any video footage of the actual hanging. There's pictures of the hanging and video of the aftermath.

Also, the video that anon linked wasn't the exact video I had seen, I remember the narration quite vividly. The narrator says "This is not a dramatization" and it cuts to that eerie picture of the guy hanging from the post by a nail.

You don't see a ghost but knowing that it's real scared me when I was younger I guess.
>>
>>17307139
Not completed, the actual filming was, then comes a long period of post production (elongation of fingers, morphings added, etc) How could anyone buy that whole "no special fx" Bs? I mean, did a shitty commercial convince you the blair witch project was found footage?
>>
>>17307135
Because when you finish filming then you send the actors home and begin post op, editing, special effects, etc,
>Is it a clever marketing ploy?
How dumb can you be if you have to ask that about a movie?
>>
>>17305496
>>17305504
I always thought this was a hoax desu. Two female school teachers bored with their lives but with big imaginations. Just creating a world for themselves. Could have probably written a book and maybe made money off of it. Oh well.
>>
>>17307778
that´s really sad
>>
Ausfag here, was reading the newspaper yesterday and they said they've had two recent neck biting attacks in New Zealand, one pierced an artery.

They said the two were not connected but I still thought it was odd.
>>
>>17303637

I'm seeing wojak with a beard and a cap.
>>
>>17307607
Thanks anon. Too lazy to do it myself I suppose.
>>
>>17304744
stfu anon

It's hard to kick as much ass as Americans, and not have the odd person or group get thrown under the bus. Militarism and the MIBC is America's biggest problem today, imo
>>
>>17306989
No video of the actual attack... How inconvenient.
>>
>>17305668
how old are you anon? I heard voices until I was about 25. I don't think marijuana use helped, even when it was just occasional.
>>
>>17301331
>>17301346
how do you combat a demon doing that shit?
>>
>>17307990
He was probably guilty. Niggers are scum.
>>
File: joesy.jpg (87KB, 507x760px) Image search: [Google]
joesy.jpg
87KB, 507x760px
>>17301391
>http://www.thepostathens.com/opinion/histories-of-houme-a-skeptical-vacancy-in-wilson-hall-room/article_6959b9f6-7cba-11e5-8515-6fcf9200d3bd.html

The girl in that article looks like Joseph Gordon-Levitt
>>
>>17309003
nah 90% it was white women killing them after crying rape when she wanted it, 10% was niggas nigging.
>>
File: znoop.jpg (20KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
znoop.jpg
20KB, 960x640px
>>17304655
>>
>>17309022
Holy Cameltoe Batman!!!
>>
File: am95XD6_460s_v1.jpg (122KB, 460x1788px) Image search: [Google]
am95XD6_460s_v1.jpg
122KB, 460x1788px
thought u guys might like this one too
>>
>>17307614
>>17307121
>Supposedly, this MODERN DAY silent film has caught paranormal activity on film
>>
>>17307121
why would he look into a trash bag in the first place
>>
>>17304988
I agree with all of what you said that I understand, but can you explain

>could legally be held indefinitely without charges as long as someone used the right language to describe your crime

to me Please?
>>
>>17307160
I've heard of this story before its pretty interesting
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 640x430px
>>17307610
Not likely. We weren't all that close at the time and the content was pretty twisted anyhow. I'm best friends with one of them now and he would have fessed up, it's been 12 years. It fucked with all of us in different ways

>>17308850
same age! Glad to hear things improved for you. As long as I keep my life in general order, and indeed I stopped smoking almost completely this year so far - that helps a lot. Probably spot on actually. I enjoy smoking but yes it has its drawbacks

Good bread OP I don't mean to derail
>>
>>17304829
People have been saying education sucks in this country for years. If that's so, how did we manage to become the most powerful country in the world?
>>
>>17309022
my fucking sides
>>
>>17302503
Their skin "falling off" and eyes feeling sunburnt is pretty common actually. It can happen when you stare at an arc welder while its welding or if your skin is left exposed to it. I've actually experienced it myself.
>>
>>17310072
By everyone else sucking harder.
>>
>>17306807
Post the link?
>>
>>17307058
Agreed. There might be hope for /x/.
>>
File: cinco-saltos cemetary.jpg (25KB, 320x233px) Image search: [Google]
cinco-saltos cemetary.jpg
25KB, 320x233px
City of Cinco Saltos, Argentina:
---
>city in the province of Rio Negro, Argentina
>dubbed by locals as the 'city of witches'
>reportedly, there is much active 'witchcraft' and other 'Satanic' activity
>there also have been a number of reports of UFOs and 'luces malas' (translated as 'badlights' in Argentine folklore, claimed to be evil souls forced to do penance on Earth)
>in 2003, the intact and unusually well-preserved corpse of a 12 year old child from the 1930s was unearthed from the local ossuary during a transfer, fueling more rumors of necromancy and witchcraft

Can't figure particularly why, it just seems the consensus in Argentina is this city is just 'odd'.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinco_Saltos
http://www1.rionegro.com.ar/arch200310/s01g02.html

The 'Playground Poltergeist' of Firmat, Argentina, 2007:
---
>locals went to police after a swing in the local children's playground was reported to move backwards and forward non-stop
>the locals explained the swing would continue its motion for days, while the other swings remained still
>Parents and children were convinced that a ghost was to blame, such that children took to calling it: “the Blair Witch Playground."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjrEkG870ko
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firmat

I'll try to post some more interesting cases, rather than assorted oddities/curiosities, though I admit, that swing is pretty strange.
>>
>>17308870
Contact a priest immediatly. It may take multiple exorcisms to get rid of an inpure spirit.
>>
>>17310268
Swing swinging non-stop for days
>FUCKING
>NOPE
>>
Guirola Mansion, El Salvador:
>big, early 20th century mansion in what was an enormous coffee plantation owned by one of the country's richest families, part of the ruling oligarchy, the Guirolas
>heavily rumoured that they made a satanic pact in order to continue being filthy rich
>supposedly plantation workers disappeared on a monthly basis as payment for the devil
>weird sights and unexplained phenomena happen at night
>family suddenly is in deep shit because of sudden fall of coffee prices
>sudden deaths and diseases and shit like that in the family, still filthy rich
>their lineage dwindles and disappears nominally
>house ends up in the hands of some non-blood kin of the family
>they sell the lands of the former plantation and leave the house abandoned
>nowadays what was once the former plantation is now part of the capital city due to urban expansion
>2001, devastating earthquake
>suburbs that occupied the hills that once were the plantation are wiped of the face of the earth by ungodly landslide
>the Guirola mansion stands untouched
>collectivenationalwtf.jpg
>there are still strange sightings and the house is off bounds and derelict by now
>>
>>17304546
I have a PhD in 20th century European intellectual history. I have yet to see definitive "proof" of pre-Colombian transatlantic contact. For all we know, a Mediterranean trading vessel came loose from port during a storm, and eventually drifted and crashed into rocks or beach in Mexico. (Ergo, the Roman "artifact" found.)

Evidence and proof would be conclusive rather than speculative. I'm willing to entertain the possibility, but I will not label it as fact unless more artifacts are found or records are located.
>>
File: sketch-1454543573381.jpg (259KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1454543573381.jpg
259KB, 1440x2560px
Bumping awesome thread
>>
>>17310885
I doubt this one's true. They built a big mall around it and tons of people go around the mansion every day.

https://plazalondon.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/mansion-inside-a-mall-centro-comercial-galerias-el-salvador/
>>
File: 1453683380341.jpg (77KB, 500x616px) Image search: [Google]
1453683380341.jpg
77KB, 500x616px
Bumping for more.
>>
>>17305496
>they felt a feeling of oppression
ffs
>>
>>17306393
so, pirates?
>>
>>17309596
damn, Kennedy hardcore...got shot and still ran to a theatre.
>>
>>17309596
>9gag
please die
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>17313183
>>
>>17309596
You know many of those aren't true.
>>
>>17310268
Here in Argentina, some news shows and the such covered the Firmat story, but most of them deemed it as a fake story to attract tourists to that city.
>>
>>17301427
Holy shit. I'm going to school there.
>>
Bump someone post something spoopy pls
>>
>>17301354

Here's an article that floats a few possibilities.

My take is that it's pretty likely it's from a soviet scientific expedition. This explains the secrecy (the soviets didn't tell anyone what they were up to, ever) and the presence of gear at the site.

> in 1959 – five years before the South Africans arrived, which certainly fits well with Crawford’s observation of a worn and scoured-clean whaler bearing no identifying marks – a Soviet expedition including one G.A. Solyanik made some ornithological observations on Bouvet Island. That much, at least, is certainly implied by the title of Solyanik’s paper (which I have not yet seen), since it is called “Some bird observations on Bouvet Island.”

> Put a gun to my head right now, however, and I’d suggest that the most likely explanation for Allan Crawford’s mysterious discovery of 2 April 1964 may lie in the memories of some ageing Russian ornithologists, or in a long-forgotten audit of equipment supplied to the icebreaker Ob’, lying in some obscure ex-Soviet archive.
>>
>>17303594
>supposed contactees and clairvoyants, occultists, poets, and writers in France and Spain began receiving mysterious correspondence from anonymous sources
I can understand why it'd be regarded as a hoax.
>>
File: img000018-2.png (158KB, 1023x1037px) Image search: [Google]
img000018-2.png
158KB, 1023x1037px
>>17307121
>Supposedly, this modern day silent film has caught paranormal activity on film, making the movie an actual haunted film.
>MODERN
>>
>>17307990
Lurk moar.
>>
>>17309022
GENDER BENDER LEVITT!
>>
>>17310885
>>2001, devastating earthquake
>>suburbs that occupied the hills that once were the plantation are wiped of the face of the earth by ungodly landslide
>>the Guirola mansion stands untouched
Wow it's like that mansion was built more sturdily than all the thirdworldian hovels surrounding it
>>
File: 254-1.jpg (21KB, 330x248px) Image search: [Google]
254-1.jpg
21KB, 330x248px
>>17306226
Mfw I'm posting from Friendship Island right now.
>>
>>17310885
>Family owns a business and is rich, then ceases to be rich when business fails
>IT MUST BE SATAN!

Oh those third worlders...
>>
>>17301427
That's freaking cool. Last part about that dumbass nurse was lame but other than that 10/10 mystery.
>>
>>17302084
I'm with you on this, hopefully somebody can confirm these cyber attacks because the fact that Bumblefuck Island has a top level domain is really freaking weird. I'm probably just gonna chalk the whole lifeboat thing up to good ol' Soviet shenanigans though.
>>
File: TR6.gif (882KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
TR6.gif
882KB, 480x480px
This is a good thread, I appreciate all of everyone's efforts here to provide cool and interesting stories. Bump
>>
>>17302309
I personally find this interesting, but I don't really think it's paranormal. So nice find, but don't do it again.
>>
>>17303637
I was thinking that maybe that lightning strike could have burned his face into the glass (somehow, I'm not sure exactly how it could have worked), but if they changed the glass multiple times then that can't be it.
>>
>>17302781
I like you anon.
>>
>>17313175
not just any pirates though, anon... spook ghost skeleton pirates!
>>
>>17303441
> bringing hatman into this
Shame upon you and your friend.
>>
>>17303594
The problem I have with this is how these "Ummites" managed to get letters in the mail. This just reeks of some elaborate millionaire's hoax desu
>>
>>17304091
Paulides probably has. Faggot hoaxer will jump on anything remotely spooky to slap a 'muh bigfoot' label on it and sell more books.
>>
>>17304561
No, not scientists, historians and archaeologists. Most scientists will welcome things that "rock the boat" so to speak provided that there is sufficient evidence to back it up.

Hard science =/= soft science
>>
>>17304675
> on this episode of "Things That Totally Happened Guise" Anon, an /x/phile, tries to convince us eating shrooms gave him the superpower of making the scientifically minded literally physically ill literally.

Brought to you by tumblr, because at tumblr we eat your shit warm and fresh.
>>
>>17304716
>>17304701
We found Hitler's skull. It matched his dental records perfectly.
>>
>>17315454
What's the problem with a modern silent film? It's a stylistic choice, you may as well ask: "why do some directors still make films in black and white?". It's artsy but not weird--wasn't there a recent French silent film that was very popular?
>>
>>17317088
The Artist won best picture at the Oscars a few years ago and was largely silent and in black and white.
>>
>>17304988
Actually, statistically, America is on top of the world. Our economic profit and developemental index are through the roof, not to mention our massive military forces and low unemployment rate. The only exception, as you said, is our education, which is severely lacking amongst well developed nations. It may be corrupt as hell, but on paper it's definitely working. Do I agree with it? Absolutely not, this house of cards is prone to collapse any decade now and we desperately need to try and clean this mess of a government up, but for the time being we are by a huge margin the world's strongest superpower, and I'm talking about more than military strength.
>>
>>17305248
>Everyone who was cynical about the whole subject had to leave the room. My dad left and my mom swears that the glass moved on it's own, no one even had one finger on it.

Yeah your mom's full of shit.
>>
>>17305504
>>17305496
3/10 at least it killed about 1 minute of time.
>>
>>17305576
This. Patents mean jack-shit about who or when some thing was invented.
>>
>>17307500
I post this one sometimes. It's amazing, the photographer is great and the locations are simply stunning. I used to go here all the time and browse. This site is probably what motivated me to get into photography. It's not posted here very often and I wish more people knew about it.
http://opacity.us/
>>
File: ENHANCE.png (221KB, 332x251px) Image search: [Google]
ENHANCE.png
221KB, 332x251px
>>17303637
here's a better look
>>
>>17317146
Fuck you. My mom wasn't the ONLY one there dipshit, of course there were more people in the room, but 2 or 3 I think had to leave beforehand.
>>
>>17309596
Would be so much better if we changed one sentence
>A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe
to
>A week before Kennedy was shot, he was in Marilyn Monroe
>>
>>17318191
Man I wouldn't be this open about MY conception!

Hahahahaha, KIDDING! I kid!
>>
>>17306464
I live in wilmington which is right next to this town. Heard some spoopy shit around here and there and as well at the docks (they are both port towns) and in the old-time houses both cities saved.
>>
>>17304647
But there is evidence supporting Viking presence in the Americas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_colonization_of_the_Americas
>>
>>17317130
Yeah that's the one, couldn't remember the name, thanks.
>>
>>17313080
That's really pretty cool desu
>>
>amelia earhart not mentioned
>>
>>17301331
Sounds like Catholic bullshit. 'Demonic' nonsense seems to follow them everywhere.
>>
>>17305668
>translation
You haven't talked to a priest because you are full of shit.
>>
>>17318872
Who wants to hear about Amelia Earhart for the ten thousandth time?
>>
Youre like me, anons?
>>
>>17306226
Why hasn't anyone ever looked for this island?
>>
>>17306807
> there's totallya vid for real u guys! I can't find it because it doesn't exist but that doesn"t mean it's not real!
>>
>>17318217
I have to admit that this was pretty funny.
>>
>>17307500
> only been on /x/ a few days

Enjoy it while it lasts, threads like this are few and far between
>>
Where's OP? He hasn't posted in some two days now?
>>
>>17310268
We have actual video evidence of paranormal activity here. There's nobody pulling a string, nonody pushes it, and it can't be the wind. Why am I just hearing about it now?? I'm generally skeptical of these videos but holy fucking shit I cannot explain this. Is it still swinging?
>>
>>17301391
English not being my native tongue makes this hilarious because the term ''spirit-rappings'' made me think of gangsta spirits having rap battles inside that room.
>>
>>17319400
I hear sometimes if you strain your ears you can hear a muffled "sheeeeeeeeeit"
>>
File: skullknight.jpg (335KB, 720x1000px) Image search: [Google]
skullknight.jpg
335KB, 720x1000px
>>17309596

The chains of causality bind us all.
>>
File: RWS_Tarot_16_Tower.jpg (29KB, 300x514px) Image search: [Google]
RWS_Tarot_16_Tower.jpg
29KB, 300x514px
>>17309596
>Lincoln was the 16th president
>Louis XVI of France
>in 2013 Pope Benedict XVI decided to resign for some unknown reason (health... sure)
plus that burning skyscraper in dubai on NYE

sixteen is a pretty spooky number desu
>>
>>17319379
Maybe he ran out of stories. Or maybe something didn't like him telling stories about it...
>>
>>17316912
> lightening + glass + face = portrait

Please educate yourself. The world is a lot less confusing when you actually know how things work.
>>
>>17318191
Ok I take that back. Your mom AND her friends are full of shit. If it was real wouldn't they want to prove it to nonbelievers, not hide it from them?
>>
>>17319447
Keek
>>
>>17307987
kek
>>
>>17310268

The swing thing was debunked on that show where people send in paranormal videos and the hosts go an test it to see if it can be easily hoaxed. I remember they covered that alien home invasion video and the crashing UFO video.
>>
>>17316435
ok but in the next line it said they're still filthy rich????
>>
>>17309022
Her arms are so short
>>
>>17307778
this is actually very noble of them. based claw clan.
>>
>>17317064

haha holy shit 100/10
>>
>>17305496
>women
>feeling oppression

jesus christ, turn it up..
>>
File: pirate ghosts.jpg (48KB, 660x500px) Image search: [Google]
pirate ghosts.jpg
48KB, 660x500px
>>17316923
>>
>>17307121
>>17307124
>>17307128
>>17307132
Where can I watch it?

You claim people are calling you a shill, but the movie was never released by the director, only a few screenings in cinemas to critics and film festivals, no DVD/video release.

What spooks me the most is the reluctance of the director to release it. He knows he could make mad money just by drumming up the creeps and putting it out in theaters and distributing it - it'd be like Paranormal Activity or some shit, but he refuses. That unsettles me.
>>
>>17322863
Maybe it's just a really shitty movie and he's ashamed.
>>
>>17322863
>He knows he could make mad money just by drumming up the creeps and putting it out in theaters and distributing it
Maybe the director have integrity and don't want his movie to become embellished with glamourizations or lies of what he intented.
>>
>>17321430
Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files.
>>
>>17317088
Fuck off. There is nothing wrong with a modern day silent movie - Return to Babylon and the purported paranormal activity was likely a fabrication to garner publicity for viewers to watch it. I can understand if it were an old found footage of a silent film having paranormal activity on it, however by claiming it is modern day somewhat implies that in this era, some form of deception was use to make the morphing effects.

>indie movie
That explain alot. Nobody goes to see indies and the director fabricated something up to catch others attention.
>>
>>17305496
>>17305496
Hoax hoax hoax by two dyke fantasists
>>
>>17317130
The director of Return To Babylon movie back then was called Birth of Babylon and purported was shot in an entire day.
>>
>>17306080
Nobody managed to draw the same ufo or aliens when the were questioned separately
>>
>>17317088
>What's the problem with a modern silent film?
Nothing. If you want to make a movie about the silent era, go for it. Don't try to fabricate a myth around it to allure publicity.

>It's artsy but not weird--
And how is Return to Babylon artsy? It's a 75 minute movie about the SILENT ERA. I don't think the director aimed for artsty.
>>
>>17301354
>in 1964, Lieutenant Commander Allan Crawford of the U.K. and his crew landed on Bouvet Island - the most remote island in the world - to investigate a relatively 'new' (~10 years) piece of land

Actrully the island was first spotted on the first day of 1739 by Jean-Baptiste Charles Bouvet de Lozier, who named it after himself
>>
File: FB_IMG_1454070720677.jpg (20KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1454070720677.jpg
20KB, 500x382px
>>17310885
Shit I live here and can cconfirm, and for those who didn't know, it was a major residential area with fairly mid-class people living there.

Point is, this would not be the first time that an oligarchyst family has made a pact with the devil
>>
>>17320722
That's what nonbelievers would assume, yes. But actually, people who experience these kind of thing won't give a fuck if anyone believes them, they have other things to worry/think about. Also, they had to leave because it just wouldn't work the same if someone's sitting there making jokes about it in this particular case.
It's pretty simple, look at /x: You will NEVER make a nonbeliever a believer, you cannot provide enough proof, no matter what you do. If the nonbelievers would have seen the glass move on it's own, you think they'd be like:"WHOA that blew my mind! You guys were right and I was wrong!"
No.
They'd have been convinced it was some kind of trick, they'd have tried to find out what the trick was, interrupting everything and then, if they couldn't find anything, would just brush it off as "yeah we couldn't find an explanation but there HAS to be one."
People who do these kind of seances usually follow certain rules because they feel it protects them, so they won't take the risk of having someone participate who might not follow thosw rules.
>>
>>17310609
Oh come on!

It's just some poor kid that died and now spends his days on the swings he wasn't aloud to play on in life.
>>
>>17323426
Still. Nope.
>>
>>17323437
But he just wants to be happy and have fun on his swing.

Why do you have to be so mean to him?
>>
>>17323497
I ain't about to sit down on a swing and get ghost-dick up my ass, alright?
>>
>>17304988
Hear hear
>>
File: SomertonMan2.jpg (7KB, 300x476px) Image search: [Google]
SomertonMan2.jpg
7KB, 300x476px
How is it that no one's mentioned the The Somerton Man/Taman Shud Case?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taman_Shud_Case

>Basically a random dude turns up dead on a bench at a beach in Adelaide on 1 December 1948
>No ID
>Police investigate, but can't figure out who the guy is
>As he's found on Somerton beach, he becomes known as the "Somerton Man"
>Autopsy doesn't reveal a cause of death, but there is evidence that he may have been poisoned, possibly via poison in his cigarets
>A scrap of paper is found in his trouser pocket with the words "tamám shud" printed on it, which leads to the case name
>Means "ended" or "finished" in Persian and appears to come from a poetry book called 'Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam'
>In mid January the following year a brown suitcase is found in a railway station cloakroom
>The case had been checked in the morning before (30th of November) the Somerton Man's body had been found
>It had no tags to identify the owner, nor did most of the clothes inside it
>However there was a particular brand of thread in the case, unavailable in Australia, that was the same kind used to repair the pocket lining in the Somerton Man's trousers
>A few of the clothes did have names on them
>A tie had a tag with the name "T. Keane" on it
>A laundry back had "Keane" on it
>And a singlet had "Kean"
>But the police believed that Keane was not the dead man's name and that the tags had been purposely left on the clothes, possibly because they could not have been removed without damaging the clothing
>>
>>17323793
>The actual copy of 'Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam' that the page came from was found and handed to police 6 months after the man's body was found
>The back cover had imprints that appeared to be some sort of code as well as an unlisted phone number
>The phone number belonged to a woman who lived 400 meters away from where the body was found
>She claimed to have owned a copy of 'Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam', but that she had given it to an Army Officer named Alfred Boxall while she was a nurse in Sydney in WWII
>The woman claims that Boxall sent her a letter after the war, but that she told him she was married now
>She also said that a mystery man had asked her next door neighbor about her a few months prior
>She was shown a cast made of the dead man
>She claimed not to recognize him
>However both the lead police detective and the technician that made cast claim that she seemed distressed and upset upon seeing the cast
>The woman asked police not to make her name public, to save her from potential embarrassment of being linked to the dead man and Boxall
>The police agree and seemed to believe that the man was Boxall (based upon her reaction and the request not to be made public)
>The lead detective lists the womans name as Mrs Thompson in his private diary
>6 months later the police discover that Alfred Boxall is alive and well, living and working his old pre-war job in the maintenance section at NSW Bus Depot
>He still has the copy of 'Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam' that the woman gave him, but had no contact with her outside of the letter he sent her
>The copy of 'Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam' that had belonged to the Somerton Man, disappeared in the 50s
>The woman, now known as Jestyn, from a note she wrote in the book she gave Boxall is interviewed a few more times, but is evasive and "just did not wish to talk about it", claiming that her family did not know of her connection with the case
>She died in 2007 and her name was never made public, at least not officially
>>
>>17323799
>2011, an Adelaide woman made inquires about an identification card that she had found in her father's possessions
>The card was issued in the United States to foreign seamen during WWI
>It was compared to photos of the Somerton Man
>There were similarities in facial features like the nose, lips and eyes, but most notably the ears, which were a "very good" match
>There was also a "unique identifier", a mole on the cheek that was the same in both photographs
>The ID was issued to a H. C. Reynolds on the 28th of February 1918 and lists him as an 18 year old British man
>However searches conducted by the US National Archives, the UK National Archives and the Australian War Memorial Research Centre couldn't find any records of a H.C. Reynolds.
>>
>>17323805
>In 2013 a woman named Kate comes forward claiming that her mother Jessica Thomson, who died in 2007, was Jestyn
>She claims that her mother had told her that she had lied to the police and knew who the man was
>Further more she claims that her mother also said that the mans name was "known to a level higher than the police force"
>Kate goes onto say that her mother taught English to migrants and was interested in communism and could speak Russian, but wouldn't say how, where, or why she had learnt it.
>Kate believes that her mother and the Somerton Man where spies
>And then there's Kate's older brother Robin, who died in 2009
>Robin was 16 months old at the time of Somerton Man's discovery
>Jessica wasn't actually married, like she told police she was, in 1948
>Robin's daughter Rachel made claims at the same time suggesting that the Somerton Man was Robin's father and her grandfather
>Photos from when he was a boy, show that Robin had similar ears and other facial features to the Somerton Man
>These photos were analyzed by a Professor Derek Abbott who was investigating the case in 2009
>Abbott is married to Rachel
>Rachel and her mother Roma Egan lodged an application with the Attorney-General of SA, to have the body exhumed and DNA tested
>The application was opposed by Kate (she believed it to be disrespectful to her brother) and denied by the Attorney-General who believed it wasn't important
>>
>>17323793
>>17323799
>>17323805
>>17323809

And now just for some added fuckery

>June 1945, three years before the death of the Somerton Man
>A 34-year-old Singaporean man named Joseph Marshall was found dead in Ashton Park, Sydney
>He had an open copy of the 'Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam' on his chest
>Ashton Park is directly adjacent to Clifton Gardens, which was where Jestyn gave Boxall her copy of the 'Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam'
>Joseph's death is believed to be a suicide by poisoning
>An inquest was held for Marshall in the following August, at which a woman named Gwenneth Dorothy Graham testified at the inquest
>She was found dead 13 days later face down, naked, in a bath with her wrists slit.

>Around the time that the Somerton Man was found dead, MI5 was visiting Australia to brief the Federal Government about security leaks
>The Venona Project was also discussed at the meeting.
>The Venona Project purpose was to decrypt messages sent by Soviet Union intelligence agencies
>The project was responsible for the discovery of the Cambridge spy ring known as the Cambridge Four/Five and exposing the Soviet espionage targeting the Manhattan Project
>The MI5 participants included Percy Sillitoe, Roger Hollis and Robert Hemblys-Scales
>Roger Hollis has long been suspected of being a Russian double agent, who it's belevied had tipped off a number of Russian Moles within MI5 about their impending arrests
>Hemblys-Scales was transferred to Ismailia not long after the incident, where he worked under the supervision of Kim Philby, a Russian double agent and member of Cambridge Four/Five
>>
File: 1443294683100.jpg (43KB, 331x271px) Image search: [Google]
1443294683100.jpg
43KB, 331x271px
>>17306393
>>
File: aww_no_you_guys_did_that.jpg (42KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
aww_no_you_guys_did_that.jpg
42KB, 576x432px
>>17307121
> mfw made a thread about this two months ago and the only reply I got was a scat pic
Fuck this, I'll never be a 4chan at this rate.
>>
File: RIP_AND_TEAR.jpg (149KB, 499x670px) Image search: [Google]
RIP_AND_TEAR.jpg
149KB, 499x670px
>>17307987
> mfw Lost Souls haunting my attic
Who /ripandtear/ here?
>>
>>17303594
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_objects_proposed_in_religion,_astrology,_ufology_and_pseudoscience#Ummo
>>
>>17311028
I do not have a degree in history, but have studied Classical history (largely the period between the fall of the Western Roman Empire and the foundings of the Roman Republic), and honestly, I think that there is a possibility that Roman ships could land in South America, but that it never happened because
>Logistical reasons
>The ships were probably advanced enough, but why send a large (war)ship to beyond Hispania/Mauretania for no reason?

It's possible that one could read their charts wrong and accidentally sail towards America, but the Vikings had a close proximity with North America (Iceland > Greenland > Northern Canada) so their landings is, while logistically a bitch and they didn't gain shit out of it (which is why they abandoned it), it still was a relatively simple possibility compared to Roman sailors (for whom it was nearly impossible to off their course) to decide to take a trip to Mexico/Brazil.

What I presume to have happened is that a ship suffered damage and drifted with the currents. Most probably, a confused crew who didn't even make it.
Explains why the ships and artefacts could land there.
>>
>>17311028
maybe read the book of mormon you faggot
>>
>>17305496
>>17305504
Unlike English, the French language changes significantly every so often. If you got time-pooped back to whenever, you would know right away.
>>
>>17326087
If you were transported back 100 years in the US you sure as hell would notice people speaking oddly too. English has changed a lot.
>>
>>17316836
lord of the flies?
>>
>>17304241
If I can remember correctly, they showed the face in the door on the show Scariest Places on Earth. The episode was called Satan's Dormitory. You can see it around 2:29 in the video. The face isn't that scary, to tell the truth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxzf26Aw5iQ
Sorry I can't find any stills of the door and face. Rip 'em off the video if you want.
>>
>>17301346
Shit son, thanks for posting that. I was getting tired of all the usual stories, but this was new to me. 10/10 2spoopy4mem8
>>
>>17324821
>I think that there is a possibility that Roman ships could land in South America, but that it never happened because the romans sailed predominantly within eyeshot of landmasses because the compass, astrolabe, and thier earlier progenitors weren't used in their region/didn't exist yet and their ships were designed for coastal, not blue water travel.
ftfy

>>17302309
>magically shows up 30 years after the dig
fake as fuck. So they confirm it is most likely a roman artifact, but the only proof it came from the sight is the word of a guy who super serial guise swears it was found in a dig from the 30's; sounds like the scientific community is trying as politely as possible to call this guy a lieing asshole.
>>
>>17326188
The irony? Actually, no. There are botched takes from the early sound movies where the actors fuck up and swap from "historic" diction to normal "modern" speech.

Even more ironic, linguists say American english is colonial era english and "english" accents and retarded spelling are just the brits bonging.
>>
>>17305668
>It manifests itself as a kind of voice which eggs on self destructive behavior
yeah... everyone has that. you're not special, just 12.
>>
>>17327501
>I think that there is a possibility that Roman ships could land in South America, but that it never happened because the romans sailed predominantly within eyeshot of landmasses because the compass, astrolabe, and thier earlier progenitors weren't used in their region/didn't exist yet and their ships were designed for coastal, not blue water travel.

Yeah, that's what I meant.
Why would a Roman ship suddenly decide to go westwards, when they were either
>In the Mediterranean, which is practically sealed off with land on all sides
>On the Spanish/French coast
The only time they practically could've gone westwards if they left from Gaul to Britannia, which is nearly in eyesight. And the currents don't really allow for them to fuck up so hard to accidentally land in South America.
>>
>>17317079
no they didn't. the nazis "burned" his bunker around "his body", then the soviets caught "those" nazis and "convinced" them to repeat that they burned hitler's body to ash so the allies couldn't deface his corpse or some shit. You think if Hitler's skull was floating around that wouldn't be mentioned in the "and then he killed himself, his skull is in the berlin national archive under lock and key so neo nazis don't fetishise his grave" part of a middle school history textbook?
>>
File: machete_uprising.jpg (30KB, 470x333px) Image search: [Google]
machete_uprising.jpg
30KB, 470x333px
>>17304902
>why zimbabwe is the way it is
A terrorist/warlord took over the Country of Rhodesia, one of the most wealthy and prosperous in the continent (similar to south africa), in a falsified election due to CIA/british meddling over Rhodesia being an "evil" pariah state because anyone worth a damn was an Afrikaner of dutch/german ancestry who wouldn't just give over rule to a fucking child soldier having terrorist group and instead fought a bushwar against them, successfully.

Then within a decade Rhodesia turned into... well Zimbabwe, where all the lenoblesavages free of the white oppressor have turned it into one of the most unstable and destitute countries on the planet.

>inb4 it's the white mans fault
just like in South Africa right?
and Liberia?
>mfw you're blue pilled as fuck
>>
>>17323178
this
>movie plays in a few small festivals
>no awards
>IE it's shit
>a few stills leak that show frankly fucking nothing
>Zomigod so scary
>director doesn't want to release it because teh internets think it's some kind of magnum opus but it was a short film produced in a few days on film literally found in the trash
>>
>>17323813
>>17323809
>>17323805
>>17323799
>>17323793
So basically he and the woman who lived near him were soviet deep sleeper agents. Probably offed himself with a suicide pill.
>>
>>17327816
Haha yes, exactly
>>
>>17304091
Bennington, the drug capital of Vermont
>>
>>17306226
"Gringo" is a slang term for Americans in Latin America.
>>
File: William Bigfoot Wallace.jpg (95KB, 581x543px) Image search: [Google]
William Bigfoot Wallace.jpg
95KB, 581x543px
>>17301427
Well that's... uh.... hm!
>>
>>17323263
I meant making a black and white film is artsy and not weird. Dunno why people are having a problem with the concept of a modern silent film.
>>
>>17327721
Don't forget to mention that the whites agreed to teach the black population everything and gradually hand over power, so to end up with a shared black-white state, which the blacks largely agreed to as well. Both black and white saw that a sudden power change would've ended up as, well, Zimbabwe today.

Then Oogamugabooga and his Ape Supremacist Army decided that that's not good enough and started pillaging, raping, and killing the white population, and the blacks that aided them.

The Rhodesian Army was also filled with black soldiers.
The Rhodies won EVERY fucking engagement, even the ones when they were outnumbered 10-to-1, and had won the war, were it not for a turncoat officer feeding back all info to England, who told everything to Mugabe.

At the same time South Africa was going to the same shit, with them supporting each other.
And when SA failed, they had lost all foreign support because of "political correctness" being that all whites were evil and don't belong in Africa (while most whites in Africa are of at least third generations, who had never seen their so-called "white man's homeland").

Mugabe came to power when they he killed killed his opposition and threatened the black population to vote for him, or else.
When the Rhodies tried to assassinate him and force a democratic re-election, they were suddenly found out and Ooogamugabooga was tipped off, by none other than England herself.
It was then that they had no other choice and end the last Bush War.

Rhodesia went from being the Jewel of Africa to a uninhabitable land filled with hunger and disease, because of a power-hungry warlord who saw himself as Afro-Jesus, yet had no problem killing the very people he was supposedly "defending".
>>
>>17330466
Actually, we use it for any caucasian foreigners.
>>
File: 1452211404092.jpg (12KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1452211404092.jpg
12KB, 250x247px
>>17304091
bus driver left him behind at a stop because forgot about him then realized it would be easier to say he disappeared.
>>
>>17332069
hahahahahha
>>
>>17330466
>>17331923
In Brazil, the word is used for any foreigner. It is usual to call even other Southern Americans "gringos".
>>
>>17326087
The French language has actually been intentionally protected and maintained against external influence for quite some time. Check "l'acadamie Francaise" for more information.
>>
>>17327618
Lol you're fucking crazy if you think everybody has that, Jesus Christ. I'm on fucking /x/ for Christ's sake and I don't hear fucking voices you normalizing schizo
>>
>>17309596
>Andrew Johnson succeeded Kennedy

Wrong
>>
>>17333043
>it isn't my subconscious, it's spoopy scary skellington apparitions that made me eat those donuts!
>>
Anyone got any brazilian stories
>>
>>17322863
It went to exhibition in LA. But i'm not sure you can observe those distortions in the movie since the director saw it when analyzing frame by frame
>>
>>17333260
How do you know the frame by frame thing?
>>
>>17333006
Yes, it could be used for anyone. From my experience, however - southern BR here - it is pretty uncommon to call other southern americans like that.
>>
File: 1415660571890.jpg (116KB, 499x750px) Image search: [Google]
1415660571890.jpg
116KB, 499x750px
>>17304681

We should form a paranormal / occultist club at UC m8

513 is kvlt as fuck, they used to contact spirits at the Carew Tower and PNC building ... also the Lloyd Library is world class

Also look up the "gateway to hell" in Cincinnati
>>
File: white humanoid.jpg (69KB, 546x594px) Image search: [Google]
white humanoid.jpg
69KB, 546x594px
Conil de la Frontera UFO case, 1989:
---
>On September 15th, a group of youths had gathered at one of the city's beaches at night, to observe 'weird lights' that popular rumors held could be seen
> they reported seeing two sources of light flash at each other
>on September 29th, the same group was waiting for the light 'show', and they carried binoculars to appreciate the sight
>a 3rd light appeared that night, and with it two tall humanoids appeared on the beach, their faces glowing white.
>the reported entities moved towards the group, who fled in terror; at seeing them run, the entities stopped giving chase
>hiding in the shrubbery, some of the group reported a small blue light descended to the beach.
>the entities reportedly 'played' with the light, before 'transforming' into a "nordic man and woman", after which they began walking in the direction of town
>some of the youths tried to follow, but they reported a 'strange mist' and the appearance of a third entity with a head like an inverted pear and large black eyes. that rose from the sea and floated over the sand
>the remaining youths ran and hid once more
>at about 9:30pm the third humanoid and the lights disappeared, 'fading' away
>later, after informing the police, the youths discovered that the "couple" from the beach had checked into a hotel with true identities.
>the Civil Guard authorities denied the reports, declaring that the lights were from a British ship laying underwater cabling, and that the first two entities were divers that came from the ship, reaching the shore in a Zodiac boat.

According to the person from whom I heard this story, the story didn't receive attention due to the Voronezh case happening practically at the same time.

The only detailed source of information (with pictures & sketches) that I have found is in Spanish:
http://www.planetabenitez.com/lado/Lado-11.htm
>>
>>17333165
I'm on my phone right now so I can't copy and paste, but you should look up the chupa UFOs if you haven't already
>>
>>17333165
Well, there's the infamous Lead Masks Case, but I am not giving the details because it has been posted here on /x/ countless times before.

Just out of curiosity: I live in the city where the two guys died, and I personally know the aunt of one of them.

>>17333468
Here around Rio is not so uncommon.
Thread posts: 292
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.