[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think it's like to die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 15

File: 1416207930511.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1416207930511.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
I think when you're dying, you're brain cuts out all the background chatter. I think you don't really think about debts, people, memories... I think you're brain just thinks "I'm dying. I can die, or try to not die." Those are your two options. Your strength loses you. The insane babble of the world cuts away. And you die, or you try to force yourself to stay alive, until you die.

I think it's a feeling of all the infinite possibilities disappearing. All the things you could have had for dinner. All the people you could have talked to again. All the background processes shut down. All of your infinite possibilities get plucked away, until you fall out of the world and it shuts off.
>>
eternal void. you feel like you are laying down and staring at darkness with no time and no sound. just pure black
>>
Probably like when you fall asleep.

You never remember the exact moment you fall asleep
>>
Re watched akira yesterday and made me think - 'people say your life flashes before your eyes before you die. What if that never stops?'
>>
>>17298865
what if you have epilepsy? I have no food, send money I will be here all week.
>>
>>17298846
>>>>>>>>>you're brain
>>
>>17298846
I dunno... I hope I can still feel the sensation of breathing at least
>>
>>17298846
Except if you're shot in the head, then it's just lights out
>>
>>17298846
I try not to think about it
>>
I hope it's built in by God to be painless if you get to the point of no return
>>
>>17298846
..I had a little thought about it before while i've asked myself "what does it feels like in your final moments of your death?" and this intense dread and sadness came into me and made me afraid and panic to lose myself my identity my persona my ego... but somewhere someone back in my mind told me not to think much of it and I agreed to do so... because sometimes ignorance really is a bliss. To simply put it was a strange feeling.
>>
>>17298865
I'm rewatching that currently, what a coincidence.
>>
>>17298846
Like a bag of sand
>>
It's the great mystery
>>
>>17298846
I believe it depends on how you die

get bludgeoned, raped, or crushed to death and death might feel painful. your last thoughts nothing but pure terror and then you shut off.
locked in a state of torment as your vision goes black
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbFgxucxVcM

this song plays and then everything goes black
>>
>>17298846
I know it's wishful thinking, but I like to believe that as your body dies, when your mind realizes that the end is near and inevitable, it conjures up all your previous memories, experiences, and emotions for you to relive. And during this time, these few seconds before death, your mind distorts reality in such a way that those seconds feel like years, decades, maybe even an eternity. I like to think that it might be similar to lucid dreaming; the experience would be so real that you might not even realize that death is near.
>>
>>17298846

real niggas don't die
>>
Not sure but its killing me!
>>
>>17298846
Personally, from what I understand death is literally the experience of nothing. It is a void that you can't even experience because you are a part of that void. It is an eternal nothingness that you can't even comprehend because you no longer exist. Very similar to before your birth, but unlike remembering that time the mere thought of death fills you with dread because you realize that it will last forever and you will not.

The experience can not be described because it doesn't exist, your brain no longer functions, and there is no proof of the existence of a soul. You will not see all blackness because black no longer exists, nor does white, nor does sight or sound or taste or touch. You can not think because you no longer exist. Honestly, I find the thought of it quite terrifying.
>>
>>17298846
>What do you think it's like to die?
Horrifying.
>>
>>17298846
You feel like you're briefly struggling and then... all the pain you felt for the entire duration of your entire life just stops. Much of it is caused and carried by the physical body, so losing the body is really like suddenly dropping a heavy rucksack. From then on... I don't remember. :D
>>
I think I don't know what happens. Could be an alien civilization decides to ressurect me, and then either puts me in their society or just in some virtual reality. Maybe this world is just a creation of some higher one and I go there. Maybe I start life again as myself, and also a baby. Or honestly anything else. We don't know enough about the world to have an answer to what happens after death.
>>
>>17298846
Like falling asleep against your will. Down into dark inky blackness of oblivion. Body goes numb and vision fades 1st. Hearing is the last to slowly fade out. Then your connection to your own inner self is broken and you know nothing.
Sometime later, perhaps you are not away of the length since you were enjoying a dreamless like sleep, you find yourself resurrected.
Some to the resurrection of eternal life and some to the resurrection of Judgement.
>>
I believe you go into something like DMT-land which is a sort of buffer between physical dimensions and the all. I used to believe you'd just die and that's it but after using DMT... Well, there's something out there.
>>
>>17301415
I would like to use something. Something tells me I would see cool shit. But probably never will.
>>
>>17300867
Yeah, I'd say so, too. I couldn't imagine just being seperated from my family, and everyone I've ever known.

Not to mention that I'd be dying. lol
>>
>>17301449

You can always use the darknet ...
>>
Attempted suicide fag here. Dying is like very high level meditation. You get flashes of everything you've ever done, administered by archetypes that you respect usually.

It's really quite egyptian and mayan for me.
Billions of symbols blast your minds eye and you end up knowing everything for a moment. Like the great tide comes in to sweep "You" away forever, but that's where I was revived, and couldn't go further. It wasn't painful, but electricity is really painful.
>>
>>17298865

>Life flashes

When life ''flashes'' you start remembering everyone you know, start thinking what is going to happen and a lot more stuff... seriously a LOT of thing pass through your mind. Time ''goes'' slower too, it really is an... intense experience
Anyways, it is possible what you say, in a way... but it wont last for ever.
>>
>>17301632
please, the whole story with more details.
>>
>>17301632
wow, you tried to toaster yourself in the tub?

Thats so metal. Now your Iron Man
>>
I am this fag >>17301667

>>17301632

You do describe it correctly, glad to know someone that have felt the same.

By the way, did you felt this while dying or already dead? mine was ''while dying'' (i never died)
>>
>>17299355
>tfw were all stuck in that DMT flashback haze and while it seems like this event is just now occuring, we're really catching up to our dying selves at the end of our lives
ETERNAL LOOP
>>
>>17299247
Have you ever even felt a death before?!
>>
You will never experience 'dying'. Nobody ever thinks they're dying. You always expect to be okay, because the concept of dying is incomprehensible to us. How did it feel when you feel asleep last night? Can you remember the moment you fell asleep? No, you can't. That what dying feels like. It's just going into a permanent unconsciousness
>>
>>17298846
>>17301451
i fear it´s like that.

and hope it´s more like that, except for the part of the unconsciousness
>>17302001

everytime i think about death i get a massive panik and it feels like my heart gets a hit. unfortunately i think alot about death in the past month. gotta watch the fountain soon again
>>
I know i guy who was dead... he didn't remember anything, like he was asleep, nothing, no light, no tunnel, no flashes.
>>
The closest feeling to dying without actually putting yourself in danger I'd say is K-holing(intense ketamine experience ). When I did it I had the most common experience which was out-of-body and NDE. You do some reflection on life and then you have the conviction you're going to die and it wasn't scary, just super fucking weird. After I tripped I wondered how people do that shit on a regular basis for recreational effect.

tl;dr ketamine is weird
>>
>>17301451
On the other hand, never having to deal with my family and friends again sounds like freedom, so there's that.
>>
Have you ever fainted? It's the same thing. You don't experience it, you just cease to be.

You can experience the infinite things that lead up to dying, but not the act itself.
>>
Do you remember the time before you were born?

Thats how it feels being dead.
>>
>>17302495
Yes. Infinite nothingness compounded by infinite nothingness. It's hard to forget.

Because there's nothing to forget.
>>
I've IDK a couple times, and only once out of four was there nothing.
>>
Not my experience but from a passed on uncle. He was obese and I remember his heart stopping, no breathing etc. for nearly a minute before he was resuscitated, he said that he didn't feel anything. Like he couldn't describe it, just nothing, not dark but not light, like a sleep without dreams were a set of his exact words I think.
>>
We all comfort ourselves by thinking of death as falling to sleep and never waking up. But what is it to wake up having never been asleep?
>>
>>17302649
That is not dead, which can eternal lie.
>>
yeah I've heard of something and nothing. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme our reason.
>>
I've died before. One was when i was a kid and drowned. Lifeguard managed to resuscitate me before the medical helicopter could get there brain activity didn't actually stop though. Drownings painful as all hell so it was a fight till i blacked out but next thing i knew i was on the shore coughing up water no time lost. second time was again drowning but in a lake during icefishing season, asshole we were with had this hobo oven(metal barrel with a shit metal fan attached to an opening being turned by a chain attached to a motor off to the side to fan the flames) on the actual ice rather than on a stand or something. Actually weakened the ice enough to take a good chunk of ice down along with me and my tent. drowned and froze in the water and took around 4 minutes for someone to actually get down their and find me. By then i'd been passed out a long time and doctor told me later i should have been close to losing all brain activity depending on if the cold kept my brain safe or not. Took another 3 minutes for someone to actually get me concious and breathing and by then i should have had brain damage. A good long fight agains hypothermia and brainscans later and i got a clean bill of health the cold prevented brain death. All i remember is some indeterminate amount of time spent floating in black nothingness. Recall specifically i didn't even think it weird or think at all, just existing floating in nothing.
Third and final time was a car crash. riding passenger in an old ass car on an icy day. Ended up rear ending an suv at 70ish mph without me airbag going off. The seatbelt and the car buckling saved my life but not before compressing my ribcage sharply enough to hit my heart and stop it. Woke up in the hospital after surgery. They had to fix a flail rib and figured while they had me open they'd give me heart a massage. Don't remember anything from the sleeping but apparently i woke up arms flailing shouting about hands in the darkness and pain.
>>
>>17302709
They finally managed to sedate me but i popped 3 newly made stitches and lost enough blood to warrant another transfusion.
>>
>>17302054
>everytime i think about death i get a massive panik and it feels like my heart gets a hit. unfortunately i think alot about death
This. Should probably see a professional, but nah fuck that.
>>
When i was a child in there was this documentary about the early humans
I thought about how they are dead for hundredthousands of years and realised that you never come back to this planet/life so i began to cry and told my mom that i dont want to die
>>
>>17298846
What manner of dog is that? Looks nice, man
>>
ITT People talking about something they know nothing about.
>>
>>17298846
http://www.nderf.org/

specifically,
http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Archives/archives_main.htm
>>
>>17302747
Well it's in your nature to want to avoid death, and realizing you ARE going to die works against that.

I went through that, the whole necrophobia and ultimate despair phase, and then I got a job at McDonalds and think "never existing again isn't so bad."

You get to miss an eternity of disappointment, and if you ever become conscious again, like if the cells which create your consciousness cause you to be you again, then it would be like a blink.

An eternity is nothing when you're dead, you can't even feel it.
>>
>>17299247
I love you man, full homo.
>>
>>17303458
I think he was erwin rommel in a former life, see how he is trying to sit up like a human. Yeah I got my eye on you panzer leader.
>>
>>17301376
This is the absolute truth...
>>
>>17299030
God doesn't real.
>>
File: brain problems.jpg (21KB, 291x302px) Image search: [Google]
brain problems.jpg
21KB, 291x302px
>>17303497
Yeah but I'd rather go full immortal curse. Sure, eventually you'll go crazy, but till then you have an eternity to shtipost on cantonese puppet show imageboards and watching vietnamese powerpoint presentations. Hell, I've got belief in an afterlife, but I still find it hard to shake off the
>holy shit death
thing. It comes in waves really. I remember being like 10 and going
>HOLY SHIT IMMA DIE EVENTUALLY
for a few days. Was rough. Hell, I can always sugar coat it and pretend I have a stronk survival instinct instead of the fact I have some issues.
>>
it depends on how you die. if you get stabbed and slowly bleed out to nothingness then i'm sure it's scary and you feel helpless. if you pass away in your sleep then i'm sure you don't even know you died.
>>
>>17302709
>i woke up arms flailing shouting about hands in the darkness and pain
Peachy.
>>
>>17302709
your poor mother lol
>>
>>17305156
First one was because i was young and stupid and assumed swimming was just something you knew so i jumped off the end of a dock. Lifeguard saw the flippers so he assumed i was snorkeling which is why he wasn't immediately alarmed at me not coming back up to the surface until i floated up a bit later face down. Other 2 times are just a common deal that happens in minnesota pray it doesn't happen to you type thing.
>>
>>17304668
Don't personally remember it but the first thing my mother and the on hand nurse noticed was me shooting up off the cot shouting about hands in the darkness and pain and how the hands hurt and shit before punching the nurse out for trying to grab me.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 640x565px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 640x565px
I think as your brain cells die and various splits start to form in your brain tissue connections, a large-scale compartmentalization system is set in motion, creating and extinguishing new personalities who are all coming to terms with the fact that they are dying, maybe before they are even fully formed. That's why I want to die in an explosion aimed at my head
>>
>>17302709
Dude personally if I was you I'd stay at home every day.

Btw why did you have a tent pitched on top of an icy lake?
>>
>>17298846
Death is the cessation of experience, I'm not sure why people keep asking an oxymoron.
>But NDE
That's trauma from a life threatening event more than anything, people who have been revived after a significant duration of being "clinically dead" or comatose and not just losing consciousness from a fatal injury usually report back very little. Heard or recalled some stuff but nothing made into theory or you'd hear about it by now.
>>
>>17305413
Ice fishing. I was 16 so i couldn't afford an actual trailer so what i did was buy one of those shitty tents. Its like those fold out aluminum gazebo things for outdoor parties except the whole thing is enclosed with a flap for a door, a hole for a stove, and a fabric or plastic floor. You drill holes then shove the anchors in those holes in case it gets windy then you pop open the center hole to fish out of.
>>
>>17305532
Also if you think about it i should be out doing more crazy shit cause apparently i can't die.
>>
>>17305591
Well it's less you can't die and more under ideal conditions of recovery you won't die/will revive. Which is almost better than immortality since there's a toggle switch to avoid endless pain and death experience.
>>
https://www.ted.com/talks/guillaume_nery_the_exhilarating_peace_of_freediving?language=en
>>
He Riddles me. The ancient riddle: "What's the point?" Have you ever seen an eagle flying back to his home with dinner for the Mrs. and all the little eagle babies. And he's flying against the wind and he's flying in the rain and he's flying through bullets and all kinds of hell, and then right at that moment when he's about to get back to his nest, he says, "What the fuck, it's a drag being an eagle" and right then two little x'es comes across his eyes just like in the old fashion cartoons. And he goes plunging down, and down and down and BAM. He's just a splatter of feathers and then we don't have the national bird of America no more. Did you ever see that?
>>
>>17305904
I like this prose. Are there more where that came from?
>>
>>17305860
This was fucking awesome, thank you for sharing.
>>
I know the answer, but I will only tell you after say to me how is life before being alive and pondering about such.
>>
>>17298846
I just think that this awful panic and fear takes over at first if you realize you're dying beforehand where you realize the inevitable is finally going to happen to you, as it has to everyone who has ever existed.
I had one near death experience where I was totally knocked out, so I don't remember shit. The main source of experience I had was because I did way too much LSD at a concert and one of my favorite bands played a few songs about death and I thought I had already died and didn't know it.

I was scared because I didn't know what was going to happened to my soul after and I didn't know if the extra-dimensional presences I felt were there to help me or trick me.

Anyways, my boyfriend said I wasn't talking and had a disconnected look in my eyes the entire time and we had to leave the concert even though because I wasn't speaking English?? I don't remember any of the things he said I was doing. All I know is I remember being terrified, since out of all the times I've done LSD, I've never tripped bad.
>>
>>17302709
My advice to you would be to stay away from bodies of water.
>>
>>17301812
All thoughs moments of deja vu we have is little bits of our dieing mind slowly loseing control of these flashbacks as it you slowly slip into darkness
>>
>>17300867
Wait whaaat? No way! Thanks for this breakthrough of a post I'm gonna go tell everyone how scary dying will be because I just NOW learned this from you.
>>
>>17298852
Why would there be visuals and not audio?
>>
File: 1439124048874.jpg (28KB, 328x316px) Image search: [Google]
1439124048874.jpg
28KB, 328x316px
>>17301714

>i never died

Gee, really?
>>
File: MemlingJudgmentCentre.jpg (195KB, 843x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MemlingJudgmentCentre.jpg
195KB, 843x1200px
>>17298846
>>17298846
Some people say it's like falling asleep, others say it's like getting high on DMT.
But I think it depends, how you die.
If you die a brutal death you're probably going to be in shock or something like that.

But the moment of death doesn't really matter.
It's what happens next that's most important.
When your creator's sitting in front of you on his lofty throne, delivering his just judgment on the eternal destiny of your immortal soul.
>>
>>17302054
Pretty sure that's just you're survival instinct kicking in. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you can't calm yourself down after a little while, then you might want to get your heart checked.

But personally I think it's both healthy to feel that way, and for some to be peaceful with it to an extent. If you feel TOO confortable then it dangerous to your health because you would be fine with harming yourself to the point that you die-half the reason your body rejects that feeling so strongly when you think too long.

As for my own opinion on death, I think it's kind of like a dream. I feel like death is a time to refresh the essence of what we are and have a chance ti experience something completely different when the matter that makes our bodies degrade and change. If we never died we would become extremely sick because everything would repeat so much that boredom and never finding anything new or intrigueing would make us go crazy.

Its like sleeping and refreshes us. At the end of a long day, when we are tired and just want to get away from people and rest our minds from all the excitement or troubles we sleep.
>>
Everything stops.
It's like falling asleep, except you didn't want to go to bed but you end up sleeping an eternal slumber
>>
>>17298846
I think it's like falling asleep, your brain starts showing you a dream, and you are stuck in that dream for the rest of eternity.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 604x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 604x512px
>>17301714
>(i never died)
I would never have guessed anon
thx for clearing that up
>>
>>17309488
It's not that horrifying for most people, it's just that anon that has trouble dying.

Try to keep your rumors under control.
>>
File: grinman.jpg (77KB, 600x791px) Image search: [Google]
grinman.jpg
77KB, 600x791px
>>17300626
I agree with this view.

What do you think of the opposite? Eternal life. Of course there is always a chance, however small, that something goes wrong and you die, and in an infinite timefrime it eventually happens. Lets just ignore that and imagine that you could really live forever.

You can say well I am going to live forever and if that ever bores me, I have the choice to kill myself. Imagine you don't. Christians have such superstition, but imagine for a moment the idea of living forever. Is the idea also terrifying?
>>
It would probably be related to cause.

Would someone who got their head blown off, without any warning, have the flashbacks?

If this is the case it might be alright to guess that different causes lead to a different experience, maybe only extreme ones though.

Drowning seems like the worst way to go though, least for me and my deep sea phobia.
>>
>>17314464
What would make living forever bad?
>>
>>17314488
you get fucking bored. There isn't enough intresting shit. hell on earth staring at the wall nigga.
>>
File: 1448681906613.jpg (20KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
1448681906613.jpg
20KB, 170x170px
>>17314511
>I dont want to be immortal cause i would get bored

Thanks for the enlightenment you fucking 12 year old.
>>
>>17314511
seriously nigga. welcome to starring at the wall for 5 hours to kill time. lol
>>
>>17314528
life once you got the finagles is boring as shit.
>>
>>17314537
This. Its why i think of heaven-like after life a personal hell. Eventually shit will get boring as theres a limit to what there is to do. Eventually monotony would set in and you'd die internally.
>>
>>17314537
Sorry you dont have ANYTHING these days to kill time.
>>
>>17314557
It's not all a lose, I think I will go shot a squirrel. Our at least sit in the woods for thirty minutes. Might run into a copper head.
>>
File: IMG_4443.jpg (60KB, 426x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4443.jpg
60KB, 426x480px
>>17314552
>society advances
>your understanding advances
>your sense of self advances
>watch and participate in building humanity
>monotony please kill me Xd
>>
>>17314571
Do you have a tough time writing coherently?
>>
>>17314590
who gives a shit.
>>
>>17314591
Go back to /b/ please.
>>
Dying was the events leading toward death, not the actual dying. I was not conscious for the moments where electricity was coursing through my brain in a number of seizures, or when I pissed my self. I was already gone by the time my heart stopped.

What was surprising, was waking up. I had already woken up before but it is hazy because my particular wound affected everything. But I remember waking up and saying "Oh!"

It's the being alive unexpectedly sound that I made to myself. This is my experience and while I cannot be sure that I'm not in some Jacob's Ladder (The movie) experience, which is not an unfalsifiable hypothesis, mostly it is much like before.
>>
When I was a kid I drowned. I was like 10-20 seconds without breath, dying. Every second felt like 10 minutes, all the memories. emotions, views came back, but I wasn't scared, or sad. I was just emotionless, absent, I somehow accepted it, I feel like my mind disappears into some kind of void, just nothing.

And then my father saved me, no damage, I was okay. Anyway I can recall everything of this moment even if it was 12 years ago.

I just hope that when the mind completely disappears, the life goes on, in Heaven/Hell, reincarnation etc. I just hope there's no eternal darkness as I felt it.
>>
>>17298846
It really depends on how you die, if its of natural causes it's likely a slow fade into unconsciousness as electrical activity ceases in the body and oxygen stops reaching the brain.
It's really not as spectacular as culture makes it out to be.
>>
idk I went to some place where you don't breath our have a heartbeat our body. Who knows what it was, but it wasn't scary.
>>
>>17314587
you can't tell me that living several eternities after the heat death of the universe wouldn't be so mind numbingly boring that some small part of you wouldn't die. People get bored with skydiving and made banzai diving as a result. What happens when banzai diving gets boring? What happens when you get bored of excitement only to go back to average life as a change of pace and then that gets boring you go back to excitement. Over and over with diminishing returns until its all empty. Our minds weren't meant for that, they're barely meant for 80 years without breaking down a good bit let alone eternity. Deny it all you want we're meant to die and cease.
>>
>>17314664
exactly. soon enough everything is boring.
>>
My grandmother was a true product of her generation - very stoic, showed little emotion and had a strong will. When she passed recently, she begged me not to let her die.

I am told when the time finally came, she drank her usual glass of cold milk (the first thing she'd eaten or drank in a week) before slipping into a coma & dying shortly after - I'd assume after the terror, she begrudgingly pulled herself together and accepted it.
>>
File: Raven.jpg (50KB, 899x600px) Image search: [Google]
Raven.jpg
50KB, 899x600px
>>17298846
I've come very close to dying from septic shock more than once and what you described is extremely accurate.

It's hard to describe but it's a feeling like "I can't go home like this, I can't live like this..." and then you realize that going home like that ISN'T an option, living like that ISN'T an option... you'll either get better and go home, or you won't...
>>
>>17299110
I believe this is the first step toward Buddhist enlightenment.
>>
>>17299313
Not really. I've almost died a couple times already, and in one of them I was assaulted and I was getting choked. Your brain gets calm, and you're not in pain anymore. Time stretches, and you get to think about things.

In my case, I was in a ditch in the middle of nowhere with a dude on top of me choking me. I looked at the sky, and I thought it was beautiful. I thought "so this is how I'm going to die". I wondered if it would take long for them to find me. Then I decided I was talking my way out. I tried to talk until the dude got curious and loosened the grip. It worked.

All the times I've almost died felt calm. In my case, I got a sudden clarity of mind that allowed me to process things much faster that I normally would.

But I wouldn't know about other people, though.
>>
I always liked this Yogananda quote:

Is it not freeing to the mind to know that death cannot kill us? When disease comes and the body stops working, the soul thinks 'I am dead!' But the lord shakes the soul and says 'What is the matter with you? you are not dead. Are you not still thinking?' A soldier is walking along and a bomb shatters his body. HIs soul cries 'Oh, I am killed, Lord!' and God says 'Of course not! Are you not talking to Me? Nothing can destroy you, My child. You are dreaming' Then the soul realizes: 'This is not so terrible. It was only my temporary earth-life consciousness of being a physical body that made losing it seem the end of me. I had forgotten that I am the eternal soul!
>>
>>17314664
Old people actually report they want to live, the brain adapts as it filters repeated stimuli. What a hundred, a thousand years means to you, John?
>>
>>17314488
I don't think you really considered this. Imagine you cannot die ever, which is my original question and the opposite of dying after one lifetime. You have to live for infinity yet there are only finite combinations of molecules, which means you can eventually get bored for experiencing everything that is possible to be experienced.
>>
The whole death concept is just a part of the human mindset, there is no giant nothingness, nonexistence does not exist. When you die the only thing that "dies" is your ego, your identity. Which is not a terrible thing, you wont even notice it (haha) because you are and will ever be everything. Whatever everything is. Just live, reproduce if possible and chill. Death is supposed to be scary, but what really scares me is the concept of immortality of the human body and mind, I would go insane so hard.
>>
>>17315605
Thats why I still cant understand religion, why is every fucking one so scared of death. Why do we need this hope of an afterlife or whatever.

Cant we just live our lives? Trying not to die?
>>
>>17314664
>not spending all that time meditating until you have UNLIMITED POWAH
But have fun with your grumpy
>muh curse
immortal stereotype.
>>
>>17315548
For anyone to be immortal they have to have some form of existence outside corporeal.

The mind is infinite kiddo. We live for desires and pleasures, even if they come off as repeated.
>>
>>17315609
If you want to understand religion and believers, however stereotypical or unappealing, you should practice trying to justify why they would believe that, what did they not know, what they wanted to know and how they came to know it.

Its pretty simple and its always nice to be able notice people who actually built up their understanding and those who are genuine.
>>
>>17298865
I can recommend you the movie "enter the void"
>>
File: 1443918252558.jpg (837KB, 2992x2328px) Image search: [Google]
1443918252558.jpg
837KB, 2992x2328px
>>17314664
>immortality isn't natural, we are meant to die
Nice observation.

Also if your going to talk about immortality, don't assume everything enjoyable in human life is going kamikaze at pearl harbor for a couple dozen decades then sitting on your farm porch for the rest. There is new information and understanding able to be made consistently in our minds, even with memories or recurring events.

If your going to talk about immortality while having a degrading mind and body thats another case, but lets just say you will feel at a comfortable 30 for the whole ride.

>several eternities
Don't do that, it just defeats the meaning of the word.
>>
>>17316409
>Don't do that, it just defeats the meaning of the word.
You do know there can be more than one eternity or infinity in mathematics right? Infinity is just a number represented by the infinite sign. You can even add, subtract, multiply, and divide and theoretically it can get bigger or smaller.
>going kamikaze at pearl harbor
At least google what banzai diving is before coming off like a retard.
>sitting on your farm porch
I meant domestic life in general such as jobs, girlfriends, wife, kids, etc.
>degrading mind and body
I meant mentally more than physically. The older you get the more worn down you'll feel constantly trying to keep up with the world. You're young so you might not understand it but you'll reach a point where you'll have to make a concious and active choice to learn on a constant basis to stay relevant which is hard on your mind or become irrelevant and be left behind. Ask any old person if they'd like to keep living and the answer is yes but then remind them how much the world has changed and you'll see that dream crumble because they know they can't live in it anymore it's moved on too much for them.
>There is new information
Eventually there won't be. As an anon above said there's a finite limit to the combinations of atoms and ways for energy in general to form therefore theres a limit to how much information there is we can access now put this through the lense of your intelligence: how much of this new information would you actually be able to understand? If you say all if it you're bullshitting since einstein himself in all likelihood couldn't our minds and perspectives are too limited. Google bekenstein bound for more info on the limit to new energy and the limit to the physical universe in general albeit in an infinite space to get a clearer picture.
>>
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; the one believing in Me, even if he should die, he will live.
>>
my grandmother had a near death experience

in the 70s she was in coma but she says that she was able to see her body from above and fly around the room and outside the window

everything was permeated by a light impalpable violet light, and she said that those moment have been the best experience of her life
for the next years she thought about killing herself to see that light again

this is what she says
>>
BUMO
>>
>>17302709
I almost drowned once, I remember no pain at all. But lots of light and fire flashes and visions. It was like I was just letting myself go, with no fear and pain after a short while. My dad eventually got me out of the water and saved me
>>
>>17314874
Background story of choking near-death experience?
>>
File: 1430946010185.jpg (6KB, 249x201px) Image search: [Google]
1430946010185.jpg
6KB, 249x201px
>>17298846
I work in a hospital and have scene people die literally in front of me. It really depends on what type of person they are and how they die, at least until the last few moments. Here are some memorable ones
>60 year old guy, relatively healthy goes in for a heart surgery
>doesn't work for some complicated reasons, 50/50 chance of living
>one night we hear crashing and shouting from his room
>nurses rush in, hes angrily screaming, pointing at the celling
>"get me a bat! a bat, It keeps coming back, its back !"
>swinging at the air says it looks like a cloak
>an hour later hes dead
>doctors write it off as drug induced paranoia
>ive seen plenty of people potato'd out on drugs, and he seemed 100% lucid
another
>sweet old lady, almost 100
>dying obviously
>totally doesn't give a shit, most her friends and family are dead so she's at peace with her life
>loves to sit around with her family photo albums and talk about her life
>I come in to her room, say my usually hello and she does the same
>tells me what a nice day it is, I offer to open some windows and get some fresh air in
>that sounds lovely dear, thank you
>I open it, turn around and shes staring out the window smiling
>shes fucking dead
>doc says she must have blinked and died, "like flipping off a switch"
another
>car accident, pretty bad one
>20 year old kid, car flipped over and hes all kinds of fucked up
>broken legs, internal bleeding, fractures
>some how he survives
>months of rehab, end up getting to know him sort of
>don't want to ask him about it but im curious
>he says he felt the initial pain and fear, everything from the ambulance to the ER felt exactly like a dream, and the parts of him almost dying we're like blacking out while drunk
>said he felt oddly at peace with it at those moments, like it was out of his hands but he still felt everything was ok
Im not religious or atheist, but I like to think people find some peace in the end
>>
>>17298846
Alot of near death experiencers say there's a feeling of total peace and calmness. This lady I once knew was dead on the operating table for some time but was brought back. She said she was in a place full of flowers. After the experience she was no longer afraid of death because she knew for certain there was an afterlife. Makes you wonder..
>>
On one hand its a terrifying thought...
but on the other hand... its comforting
>>
The process of dying feels like (long story, had surgery without general anesthesia go wrong, almost died)... you're suffering of a panic/anxiety attack, while trying to reason why you're in so much pain, while trying to crawl out of it including (but not only) almost punching a doctor because you don't realize what's going on and it hurts and oh god why is this happening.
It's a senseless babble of thoughts, with little meaning other than primal survival instincts. No flashbacks. You feel a great deal of depersonalization though, as if you're living it all through another person's body; the feeling is real but your mind feels disconnected, as if watching from behind a glass window.
If you do die, supposedly you just slip into a deep scary slumber (like falling asleep as a kid in a dark room, afraid something's gonna get you if you close your eyes). Of course, that's by blood loss, there's also the sweet release kind when you die through violent means.

The biggest problem with death is not what comes after, but how you get there. Some death methods sound heavenly (like overdosing and internal bleeding) while others are designed by the devil himself (asphixia, drowning, fire, gore-ish accidents).
>>
>>17321650
Dying while under anesthesia is one of my personal picks, it has the dreamlike state without all the "oh god this hurts in so many ways"
>>
>>17303510
[MUFFLED PANZERLIED IN THE DISTANCE]
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.