[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If ghosts and demons are fourth dimensional and they impact us

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: Ghost.jpg (78KB, 1500x1236px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost.jpg
78KB, 1500x1236px
If ghosts and demons are fourth dimensional and they impact us in such a frightful way, how do 2 dimensionsal brings feel? We must be terrifying with how we impact their existance. All of our drawing and writing and paper shredding..

Any two dimensional being stories?
>>
File: dignifiedchuckle.gif (134KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
dignifiedchuckle.gif
134KB, 340x340px
>>17295188
>2 dimensional creature
That goes against all our ideas about what 'life' is.
>>
you realize humans are fourth dimensional creatures right? There are no second or third dimensional creatures.
>>
>>17295202
>>17295199
Says who? Our lack of understanding?

We literally know nothing about dimensional space besides it exists who are we to say what can live in what forms

I for one wouldthink just being two dimensional would be terrifying enough, let alone knowing a third dimension is about to destroy my reality on paper
>>
>>17295230
>Says who?
basic science.
>We literally know nothing about dimensional space besides it exists
we know a great deal about every dimension up to and including the fourth. Im not sure YOU understand. Also that is literally not the proper usage of literally.

>who are we to say what can live in what forms
we are no one, life requires sapience, or at least sentience, sentience requires a recognition of the passage of time and events, which is only achievable in the fourth dimension of space. Therefore all life, as you're seeking to call it, would be default be at least fourth dimensional.

>I for one wouldthink just being two dimensional would be terrifying enough

No, it wouldn't. In order for something to be 'terrifying' you require a concept of the future to be scared for, or a past to remember. A 2nd dimensional 'being' is incapable of that awareness or it wouldn't be 2 dimensional.

>let alone knowing a third dimension is about to destroy my reality on paper
Again, 'knowing' requires a period of time before you knew something and a time period after. That does not exist in the second dimension. Also you would not have any concept of the words "about to" as that is a function of the fourth dimension.

Are you beginning to understand why this question doesn't even make sense?
>>
>>17295230
Dimensions only ever rarely intersect in objective space.
>>17295269
>up to and including the fourth
*yawn*
>>
>>17295269
So maybe I'm giving the thought too much grandure but what in the actual fuck do you mean fourth dimension. We exist in three dimensional space, time is not a dimension to be added to that and the only way a fourth would exist would be in a momentary state called "overlap" when one object would pass through another which by our technological standing can not happen
>>
>>17295356
>*yawn*
well, we're not all extra-dimensional super wizards like you.
>>
>>17295378
>We exist in three dimensional space
No, we exist in fourth dimensional space.
Ok, Ill break this down for you.

a dimension is literally, a dimension, a measurable property of a thing

zero-th dimension = a point, a single point in space and time without size.

first dimension = one measurable dimension between two points, a line, all of the locations on this line is a one dimensional space

second dimension = two measurable dimensions, length and width creating an area between them, a square, or a circle, whatever

third dimension: = three measurable dimensions, length width and depth, this is the dimension of conceptual solids, cubes, spheres etc.

fourth dimension, length width depth and time, being a measurement of the time it takes for a third dimensional object to move from one point to another (noticing the pattern here? third dimension is like zero dimension if the solid does not move, if it does... it requires a fourth dimension, that's us, and everything around us.)

Theoretically the trend continues up into the fifth, sixth, seventh and nth dimensions where the fifth would be something like, every place an object COULD be given a certain time period, etc....
>>
>>17295378
also:
> time is not a dimension to be added to that
physics, mathematics, and all hard sciences disagree with you.

>the only way a fourth would exist...
no the only way a fourth could NOT exist is if the universe was in a perfect static state of non movement, since it is not, we require a fourth dimension to measure its movement.

>a momentary state called "overlap" when one object would pass through another which by our technological standing can not happen

what are you even talking about here, objects pass through one another all the time, do you mean two physical solids occupying the same location at the same time? What do you mean "object" and what do you mean "pass through"?
>>
>>17295478
>physics, mathematics, and all hard sciences disagree with you.
Gestalts cannot disagree.
>>
>>17295551
what does gestalt psychology/design have to do with dimensional spaces?

I mean I know that's basically a stupid statement since its literally about our ability to maintain perception, but that's a philosophical/psychological/artistic principle.

We're discussing why a lower dimension could not host a 'being' to be aware of a higher dimension in any way, since time is not a function of lower dimensions, the same way depth is not a function of the second dimension.
>>
>>17295586
Nothing, it was just your phrasing.
>>
>>17295607
Damn son you and your little theory got vaporised by that fine gentleman
>>
>>17295188
You should totally read "flatland"
It's straight dope.
>>
>>17295269
You should definitely read "flatland"
It talks about socially defined notions of reason & truth... You might freak out though.
>>
>>17295655
I'm not that anon.
>>
>>17295379
Pffft,
Go post your battlestation on /g/, mundane.
>>
>>17295188
Ink on paper is 3d, though not very great in depth.
>>
>>17295679
oh Im sorry are we still discussing this?

Flatland? Are you fucking serious? A victorian era SATIRE? It might interest you to know that I've read flatland. Its an interesting book about social commentary and the danger of arbitrary societal conditioning. It is not a fucking dissertation on the plausibility of 2 dimensional life.
>>
>>17295879
I think he's telling you you've been conditioned to be an asshole arbitrarily which you masterfully exemplified
>>
>>17295230
your adherence to whole numbers is pathetic. between every one of hour numbered "dimensions" is an infinte number of slivers or reality, each containing their own fractal outgrowths of further dimensions, between the margins, infinitely, forevermore
>>
>>17295269

Time is not a dimension
>>
>>17295188
I don't know if they would exist on the 4th dimension, because that dimension is time itself or
space-time.
Maybe in an astral realm there could be multiple
dimensions course.
>>17295199
Watch a video by a guy named Gnogin about
two dimensional beings, it's really interesting.
I know it's not necessarily /x/ related but on the topic of a 2d being this is relatable to the topic at hand.
giving insight into what it would look like or how it would live and perceive life itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPB6757S6P4
>>
>>17295230
>Talks about dimensional space
>doesn't know math
>doesn't know physics
>>
>>17299423
jesus that was cringy as fuck. I'm not listening to that cunt
>>
File: 1452908115213.gif (187KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1452908115213.gif
187KB, 200x200px
>All these people discussion dimensionality without properly defining terms.
>>
>>17295188
>Any two dimensional being stories?
I drew a picture of a liger in high school once. They're supposedly bred by wizards for their use in magic.
>>
>>17297659
>wishful thinking
>>
File: 1449208831241.jpg (175KB, 750x1110px) Image search: [Google]
1449208831241.jpg
175KB, 750x1110px
>>17295455
Funny how the most sound logic gets no replies and stupid rp goes on around this massive block of human understanding of the concept of dimension, and its literal definition.
Thanks for being around anon, you give me hope for /x/.
>>
>>17295188
Pretty sure demons exist in dimension 0 mostly.
you know... the one that doesn't exist.
>>
>>17295202
Actually, we're 7 dimensional.
>>
File: 1377267101501.jpg (65KB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
1377267101501.jpg
65KB, 500x558px
>>17300973
You dong is 2 dimensional tho

It has length but no volume I hear.
>>
>>17300981
kek
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.