[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern Ufology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 29

File: aliums.jpg (17KB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
aliums.jpg
17KB, 400x301px
Did ufology go wrong once people started claiming UFO's were demons and shit like that?

I personally believe 95% of UFOs can be explain as natural weather phenomena or the government doing classified shit. that 5% though I think is alien in origin.

Nowadays though theres too much dumb shit regarding aliens.

what does /x/ think
>>
I don't know if that's the biggest problem ufology suffers from.

With proper funding and training, having response teams trained in how to interview witnesses would be a big help to the field. It would also help them in terms of credibility with the less-fringe science community.
>>
It started when the gov started sending disinfo spin doctors like Hynek into the field to make up stories about swamp gas, and then when the Air Force realised it woul be even easier to nudge proper wackjobs like Linda Multon Howe, Phil Shcneider and Al Bielek into riding the convention circuit and spreading fucking insane shit that would forever bind the topic in the tabloid territory.

Mirage Men/William Cooper/Terence McKenna said plenty on this topic.

The only fairly modern researcher trying to offer some perspective on the topic without going bonkers is Jaques Vallee
>>
File: terrifying.jpg (493KB, 700x1120px) Image search: [Google]
terrifying.jpg
493KB, 700x1120px
>>17286298

well the main problem is credibility, I think that the subject of UFO's is so demonized people instantly assume you're a nut.

There is also less focus by the media on the subject as their used to be back in the 50's.

Also, it might be cultural, I come from Mexico were talking about /x/ type shit like UFOs and ghosts isn't as demonized as it is in the U.S.

With some of my mexican friends I would have conversations like:

>Dude I saw a UFO the other day!
>Oh shit dude, I once saw a couple flying in formation!
>the one I saw was pretty bright
etc.

with my american friends there was a notable difference:

>dude I saw a UFO once
>Are you being serious right now?
>yeah it was blue and...
>Anon stop being a Retard, ufos don't exist.
>>
>>17285465
Yes and no. The first error of ufology was to claim any explanation at all. The phenomenon is ufos, osnis and etc. We see something glying or emerging from water. We see lights and beings in the woods, floating in our windows and shit. But we do not know what they are or where do they come from. Aliens is just an explanation for them. Maybe they are from another dimension. Maybe from under water. Perhaps time travelers or natural energy formations. Aliens is just one of the posible answers.

Also, as someone who has read quite a bit of this things I use to think up to a couple of days ago that ufo were not dangerous for the most part. Except diamond shaped, cigar ones and orbs. But there is cases where saucers turn into cigars. I don't know what is happening but it's dangerous.
>>
File: 65132118 .jpg (161KB, 513x700px) Image search: [Google]
65132118 .jpg
161KB, 513x700px
>>
>>17286412
The problem is really the word "alien". It really pretty much means something that's "paranormal". Both those are good solid words that got commercialized. That's what always happens with fringe science whether it was a shitty "professional medium" in every town in the late 1800s or the newest episode of X-Files talking openly about project blue beam and weather control being used to drive Syrians into Europe.

Real fringe scientists need to constantly strive to reject sensational hypotheses and do real science right there on the fringe and with a vengeance. Shit's a battle of inches.
>>
File: 1419563116779.jpg (1MB, 1200x1606px) Image search: [Google]
1419563116779.jpg
1MB, 1200x1606px
>>17286412

what I have found weird is how we shifted from reporting and photographing saucer shape objects in the late 40's-60's and then switched into mostly reporting orbs, weird lights, and triangular shaped craft in the modern age.

I'm not sure of what it means.
>>
>>17286466
There is cases were orbs change into saucers and viceversa. This is sad too and intriguing. There is almost no more aliens than greys. so did they won the rights to our planet? The fought and drove away all the others? Non of the others think of us as interesting?
>>
>>17286489

yeah but after 2000, theres like no metallic saucer like craft reported.

Also, there is people that report reptilians which I'm fine with as long they don't say that reptilians control the government
>>
>>17286489
it's very likely that the others got gud at stealth and ye olde large noggins just can't into stealth. they're lagging technologically, just examine that alien timeline. over 20 years those giant's uniforms [counting the flatwoods monster] changed 3 times, probably because they're environment suits. similarly for the "hairy dwarfs"

in all that time ye olde fatheads have changed uniforms ONCE. now they don't use pants and shirts, they evolved up to jumpsuits/boilersuits
>>
>>17286584
you may enjoy this. good point I hadn't tought about that.

http://www.ufoinfo.com/humanoid/
>>
>>17286466
>40's-60's and then switched into mostly reporting orbs
maybe they are advancing in technology at a rapid rate.
>>
>>17286747
you see thats my take on it, perhaps they realize they save on space fuel if they design their craft as orbs or triangles.

Or the triangles might be the feds
>>
Any of you guys ever read " The Mothman Prophecies?" Movie, although awesome, doesn't cut it in this case. The author's got some pretty interesting ideas about the nature of UFOs, almost along the lines of Jaques Vallee.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Vallée
>>
>>17286805
I read alot about this shit, when I was younger Mothman scared the fuck out of me. It's interesting that in my language the official translation is 'Butterfly Man'. I've seen the film later too, but it was heavily altered to make a 'cool' movie.
>>
>>17286412
What about diamond shaped ufos?
>>
>>17285465
What do you mean suffers? Its reason to be was discovered. Deal with it. Rather than saying what else they could be, say rather how they aren't, demons. You can't
>>
>>17287396
Them being demons assumes that one of many human religions is true. By occams razor, extra-terrestrials or some other explanation are far more likely.
>>
I want to believe
>>
>>17286357

This senpai.

Am 24, been following UFOs since I was a kid. And reading about them online since the late 90s/early 2000s.

Things have always been weird but I actually want to blame "new age" people and channelers more than any other group.

Of course we all love the Billy Meier story, but well after him there have been numerous people claiming they're channeling plaedians or whatever.

For me, it all culminated in the years between 08 and 13 when a certain "blossom goodchild" and others would post on web forums claiming that mass landing would happen on such and such date. Of course it never did. Whenever these people would come on the scene there would be a flurry of posts and people would get excited. After that people lost energy, we just don't have the energy to care about UFOs when so many foretold events haven't happened. People just want scientific evidence.

The "Disclosure" talk as well I think is to blame. The idea that "some day just around the corner", the gov't will release all knowledge of UFOs and so forth I think also creates problems.

Then you have people like the UFO summoner guy, and hoaxes...so many hoaxes. Hoaxes exploded in popularity the easier online video became.

UFOs are perhaps the most interesting and anomalous facet of modern existence. And the aforementioned people have managed to make a mockery of their study.
>>
>>17287415
No no. Do you see the "why are they changing over the years?" posts? One of them in that pic looks like the Michelin man. Why wouldn't they be demonic representations of the wider society and its "interests"? Why wouldn't evil want to count souls? Does evil not exist or something? Sounds retarded. Draw some appropriate spells in the skies with a laser and watch these things appear. That is not anything but darkness and blackness
>>
>>17287434
>UFO summoner guy

Greer?

if so, man fuck greer, I can't tell if some of his shit is legit under all that new age mubo jumbo crap
>>
>>17287446
>Does evil not exist or something
Evil is literally just a human construct. Do you really think there is some 'evil' (by your standards of course) intelligence that seeks to abduct few people once a year and probe their anuses?

>Draw some appropriate spells in the skies with a laser and watch these things appear
Tell me how and I will try.
>>
>>17287371
They burn people with some kind of ignition fire they have bellow. It is some kind of ionazing radiation. It is not an accident, I know two cases where they burned a plane and a car. Not to kill its ocupants but they are kind of assholes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xILjwQaixjk
>>
File: TR3B.jpg (72KB, 574x359px) Image search: [Google]
TR3B.jpg
72KB, 574x359px
>>17286800
>Or the triangles might be the feds

They absolutely are. All the triangles are US aircraft. We really need to have threads on black projects more often.
>>
>>17287482
This anon gets it.
>>
>>17287520
Thanks senpai.
>>
>>17287510

I love the tunnel system they have, pretty smart thing if you ask me senpai
>>
>>17287482
Do it yourself. God; people are so retarded nowadays. Oh yeah. This laser thing is possible but we're still talking about anal probes. Want them to disappear? Only way you can is to say the words Jesus Christ. But life is a gumdrop and edginess rules the day. You know what else is a "construct"? "Evolution".
>>17287520
Neither of you do
>>
File: 1312006611379.png (558KB, 1920x2944px) Image search: [Google]
1312006611379.png
558KB, 1920x2944px
anyone have alien threads that were screencap worthy?
>>
>>17287538
This has to be bait, nobody is this retarded.
>>
>>17287547
Hi Doctor. My child has a stab wound. It's from ayylmaos. Oh don't worry this is normal. Yeah; no.
>>
File: 1453587077188.jpg (54KB, 540x472px) Image search: [Google]
1453587077188.jpg
54KB, 540x472px
>>17287564
>nobody is this retarded.

you'd be surprised at the type of things people post on this site, just go have a look around /pol/
>>
>>17287564
Excellent rebuttal
>>
>>17287572
Every third post on here is herp derp yer stupid. It's called paranormal. Meaning above normal. Try and explain things? Herp derp yer stupid. But it's not even that. It's that if you come too close you hear the herp derp yer stupid remarks. Never if you shill. If you shill you get a conversation out of it
>>
>>17287572
I sometimes see shit like this, but I mostly only lurk. Sometimes I think they are just trolling or roleplaying or something. You can't really argue with these people now can you?

>>17287578
I wrote like half of my wall of text, but then decided it's not worth it. If nobody before me convinced you otherwise, I sure won't.
>>
>>17287586
Good. Stay ignorant
>>
>>17287593
I'm actually very open minded, but I try to use logic as much as I can.
The reason I don't want to continue this conversation isn't that I'm ignorant, it's that I think you are and there is nothing I can do to change it.
>>
>>17287598
Because somebody is telling you He makes the rules and you wear a diaper
>>
>>17287602
Because you are basing your every theory and thought on one man made religion. It's like your mind is in prison, foced to bend everything you percieve to fit this theory. But that's all it is, a theory that's not even backed by any evidence, just a book someone has written few thousands of years ago.
>>
>>17287639
Being an atheist stopped being edgy decades ago guys.
>>
>>17287711
I know. It became common sense.
>>
>>17287711

Only problem with atheism today is the fedora shit

other than that I have no problem with it even though I am a practicing catholic
>>
>>17287711
I'm not an atheist though. I'm agnostic.
>>
>>17285465
I think it went wrong when people started flooding the world with fakes on the internet, and mainstream tv produced a few fakes.

These things could be anything, but we limit what they could be, based on our own mental capacity and understanding of earth. You know, like how everyone just assumes it's humanoid figures operating a machine, as we do vehicles. What if the ufo's we are seeing, ARE the beings? Those are their form?

I also don't think it helps, that the idea is still so taboo, that you're written off as crazy if you say you saw something
>>
I'm a demon and I've been in many high pay-destroy ecostructure type jobs.

>coal/coal seam gas

shit is demonic af, literally killing the rock we live on
>>
The only hd footage in existense are called fake by its own creators
I believe they exist, but not that they have visited us
>>
>>17286358
Hmm I knew I fucked something up when I moved furniture around. Thanks for reminding me of that pic
>>
>>17287473

No not Steven Greer, though I think he is annoying.

He is basically "Look how swole I get with my free time since I made millions off UFO people".

This was some guy, I'm sure he has since been proved as a hoax, I think he dressed like a Sikh and he claimed he could psychically summon UFOs to appear in the skies above wherever he was.
>>
>>17287711
It really says something about your character that you think people only do the things they do because they want to appear "edgy". It's like you don't have any genuine motivation to do or think anything, so you think no one else does either, so when someone has an idea, you crawl from your hole and squeal "Ooh someones edgy", when in reality you're just projecting your own failures and insecurities onto other people as a coping mechanism for your own self-hatred.

Just a guess.
>>
all x threads dissolve without the one thing required in any discussion. proof.

in the age of cameras and the internet there should be irrefutable proof of aliens, ufos, ghosts, bigfoot, etc. etc. that there is nothing in the last 20 years is proof of mass delusion.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-30-10-18-40.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-30-10-18-40.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>17287510
Yeah?
>>
>>17285465

It's what you call "casual" observations by mainstream people. They give their 2 cents when it's not wanted or needed and since there's so much of their unwanted opinions the whole debate becomes tainted as a result.
>>
>>17292898
There are lots of photos and videos of UFOs with little to no explanation. Here are two examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rgPES_wPTU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kKgbmVKaNs

For that matter, take your phone camera and point it into the sky. Take a picture of anything; the moon, a plane, a planet, or particularly bright stars. Unless you sat there and stabilized the image and let it focus for 10+ seconds, chances are you will get a shaky, blurry picture. Even with the relatively high quality cameras in everyones phone, taking stable photographs of tiny airborne objects is really hard.

Despite this, there are numerous pictures and videos that clearly depict some object which is not easily explained. Just because it isn't in crisp, forensic-quality HD doesn't mean the picture isn't of something enigmatic.
>>
>>17287415

>Them being demons assumes that one of many human religions is true

no it doesn't. Beings from another dimension whose conduct we would classify as immoral or amoral would be classified as demons rather than extraterrestrials. Demon does not necessarily have a religious context.
>>
File: 1382239084261.gif (125KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1382239084261.gif
125KB, 126x126px
>>17293176
>Demon does not necessarily have a religious context
>>
Well considering I just saw a UFO last night yup they exist. Now what they are and where they come from I'm not sure.
>>
>>17293958

what you saw anon? orb, group of lights, or triangle?
>>
>>17293978
I made another thread but I'll sum it up:

>Walking my dog outside on the street just outside my house
>It's dark and a bit chilly outside
>See a cessna slowly flying across the dark sky with it's nav lights on
>Cool keep walking for a bit
>At this point I'm in front of my neighbors house in the street and I'm zoned out just walking
>Everything after this happens so fast
>I see this blue-green orb pop out of nowhere in the sky which looks really close to where I was
>Maybe ~100 feet in the air and ~150 feet away to my Northwest very low in the sky
>It doesn't fucking matter because this motherfucker just goes zooms away at fucking light speed
>HOLY SHIT
>At this point my fight or flight system takes over and I fucking book it home with my dog barely keeping up
>I get home and let me dog in behind me
>I feel a mix of shock, fear, and like crying and was shaking
>>
>>17293983

did you believe in UFOs before this happened?
>>
>>17293990
I wasn't sure and stopped thinking about it for a while. But when you experience it first hand it makes it personal and relevant.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
>Grandpa driving me home
>Looks at the night sky
>Sees VTOL shaped object descending downwards
>Super close to the car
>Disappears
>Asks grandpa "What was that?"
>Grandpa says "What was what?"
>>
>>17294017

yeah, what I notice is that, with people who don't gie the phenomena much thought, they either react negatively to a sighting or with curiosity.

Last UFO I saw, that I think could have been either a drone on an orthodox flight route or a legit ufo, I was with my family. My mom's first suggestion to my dad who was driving was

>go around that block so we can see it better!

and my uncle who has seen weird shit while fishing at night up in the mountains says

>you're sitting there in the middle of the lake and you can't really do anything.
>You're kind of helpless and can't help but look at the thing.

I had a friend who when he saw one said his sister got really fucking scared, and he himself felt a little uneasy.

No one seems to look at a UFO though and say "oh its nothing, probably a plane/helicopter/swamp gas" after the thing they're saying turns out to be none of those.

They all get scared or curious about it.
>>
>>17286358
BUILD WALL
>>
>>17286358
Spic here. For the most part most Mexicans are still pretty superstitious and religious, so we're more likely to believe in this shit. I'm a natural skeptic, but being in a rural village with strong mystic traditions really erodes your rationalism.
>>
I like to think aliens are basically the evolved humans from the future,
and in the future technology is so advanced
that they invented a way to traverse time and
enter different dimension.

And the authorities are keeping it from us in case of riots and freak outs.

Wars even
>>
>>17294273

yeah, and if you talk to enough family members, at least one has seen spooky stuff, mostly ghost type shit which I think its interesting.

But like you said, its mostly our culture's strong spirituality, one of my friends was agnostic but he would talk about a lot of spooky stuff and ufos, but the dude was hardcore agnostic almost atheist.
>>
File: STS100-708A-48_3.jpg (731KB, 4127x4096px) Image search: [Google]
STS100-708A-48_3.jpg
731KB, 4127x4096px
>>17285465
95% of people misidentified 95% of this image as being 95% UFO.
>>
File: nasalineofobjects.jpg (4KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
nasalineofobjects.jpg
4KB, 240x180px
>>17294287
Also, 5% of people couldn't figure out how to zoom in on the top right corner.
>>
>>17285465
>>17286357
>>17286298
I think the biggest blow to sensible studies of the UFO phenomenon is the fucking alien abduction connection. The abductee era (fucking Whitley Streiber, guy's a shit author who kicked off the whole "greys abducted me and put stuff in my butt" trend) torpedoed the credibility of UFO research by associating it with crazy motherfuckers with implanted memories or suppressed psychological trauma. Ever notice the '80s "Satanic panic" rings all the same bells as the abduction phenomenon that was forming around the same time? Only difference is abductees don't name names and get destroyed in court.
>>
>>17294340

what about betty and barney hill?
>>
>>17294348
The Hill case is...interesting. I'll concede that something strange did happen to them that night, but it wasn't little grey men from Zeta Reticuli. What exactly it was I don't know, and at this point it'll likely never be entirely clear, but I think some form of hypnogogic state is more likely.
>>
>>17294370

I don't know man, from what I've read, I do believe they saw something, whether they where taken on board or not, I don't know.

also, if you're kicking abductions out of the equation for UFOs, what do you think its their origin?
>>
>>17294413
The Hills may well have seen a UFO, but I don't think they were abducted.

As for the actual cause of abduction reports? 99+% are either false recovered memories (like the Satanic Ritual Abuse shit), sleep paralysis, or plain fabrication. I'll admit there are some that still baffle me, like the Travis Walton case, but most of the published reports are bullshit, intentional or not.
>>
>>17294449

yeah, Walton case is super spooky cause there were witnesses and he was missing for such a long time.

but I was talking about what you thought UFOs originate from
>>
File: UFO.jpg (402KB, 1608x1206px) Image search: [Google]
UFO.jpg
402KB, 1608x1206px
>>17294462
Oh, where do UFOs originate? A bunch of things, really. Government black projects are a big one, especially for the triangles reported in the Southwest and the Belgian wave. Misidentification of known phenomena is another major source (see pic, taken in 2011 or thereabouts by me, actually an escaped Mylar balloon). Stuff like the Hessdalen lights and the Naga fireballs are probably unidentified natural phenomena like ball lightning or other weird electrostatic discharges. I don't rule out the possibility of nonhuman intelligences either, but I think they're the minority of sightings and probably not space beings, more like interdimensional craft.
>>
>>17294500
>I think they're the minority of sightings and probably not space beings, more like interdimensional craft

kinda agree, I think they could be alien in origin, but they could also be interdimensional.
>>
>>17294291
>>17294287
whoa is there a story behind this? whats the deal? Thats awesome!
>>
>>17285465
yeah, but why aliens though?

why not inter-dimensional beings?
>>
>>17295236

when did I say it was aliens? If anything I just implied the demon theory is absolute bullshit
>>
The big problem is the "UFO conspiracy" talk which is used to spread disinformation. It's a shame because it distracts from sensible UFO researchers as well as real conspiracy problems.

When History Channel does a show about UFOs it's always going to be the wacky ancient aliens/UFO conspiracy guys instead of a Jacques Vallee kind of guy.

When History Channel does a show about conspiracies it's all freemasons and UFO cover-up talk instead of the NSA, CIA, Iran-Contra, PROMIS kind of scary shit that really happens.
>>
>>17295303
>that 5% though I think is alien in origin.

>>
>>17295308
>Jacques Vallee

this guys books are great reading and spooky as fuck.
>>
>>17295396

oh yeah, my bad dog, that's my thought, but I am quite open to the inter dimensional hypothesis, especially with some of the stuff I've read now that I'm older.
>>
Time travelers. Evolved descendands of humanity. They come from an era that made them completly alien to us and vice versa. They dont know how to communicate with us anyore and just do some research work. Every time humans claimed they talked to ETs ist just a way of them trying to cope with the abduction.
>>
By saying you think aliens exist, you show that you understand probability.
By saying that aliens have visited us, you show that you do not understand the laws of physics.
>>
File: 1447668400445.jpg (91KB, 700x842px) Image search: [Google]
1447668400445.jpg
91KB, 700x842px
The Omega Conspiracy Dr. I D E Thomas
http://www.scribd.com/doc/112899052/The-Omega-Conspiracy-Dr-I-D-E-Thomas

The Alien Agenda and the NWO
http://youtu.be/X2ZvE40HilE

I.D.E. Thomas: The First To Expose The "Alien" Strong Delusion
http://youtu.be/H1_BmEJ39DM

Jacques Vallee - Messengers of Deception
http://www.scribd.com/doc/33478326/Jacques-Vallee-Messengers-of-Deception

David Jacobs - The Threat
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/doc/David%20Jacobs%20-%20The%20Threat.pdf

Fallen Angels, Yoga & Hinduism, New Age, New World Satanic Order
http://youtu.be/K97yB1-4Ers
>>
>>17286358

No wonder it's less demonized, your people are considered aliens in the rest of the world
>>
>>17296603
Aw, Prince, did you abandon your tripcode?
>>
>>17285465
>what does /x/ think
UFOs are Demons.
>>
File: MAGNET MAGICNET et yawll.jpg (413KB, 700x499px) Image search: [Google]
MAGNET MAGICNET et yawll.jpg
413KB, 700x499px
>>17296840
truth
>>
>>17294280
The fact the greys are simillar to a fetus in appearance. Over the course human evolution our ancestors became more and more like infant apes in appearance. It is possible this trend will continue in the future.
>>
>>17285465
What is your basis for this claim, and why 5% as opposed to 25%? Where did you even get the figure?

Ufology went wrong the moment that unidentified flying objects were explained as extraterrestrial, a claim that never had substantial evidence, yet has become the primary suspicion or conclusion of any odd aerial sighting. Occam's razor is all but a foreign concept for most proclaimed ufologists, and as such it has evolved into a cesspool of charlatanry and credulity.

Ufology to me was a passing interest during my formative years. It's something which one grows out of as one's cultural and literary knowledge expands.
>>
>>17294340

I think there are some legit abductions but otherwise I tend to agree with you.

Just the fact that "anal probe" abduction experiences only started being reported a few years after colonoscopies became normal leads me to believe that people are just extrapolating their fear of anal insertion to extra-terrestrial levels.
>>
File: OYY.png (870KB, 990x1354px) Image search: [Google]
OYY.png
870KB, 990x1354px
>>17285465
ufo's are angelic drones, they do not have space inside, only glyphs and seals.
>>
>>17294280
Or maybe a species that evolved like us, just more ancient.
>>
>>17296549
Life on other planets makes more sense than time travelers.
>>
File: 1441669434080.jpg (597KB, 1600x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1441669434080.jpg
597KB, 1600x1016px
>>17296840
>>
>>17298366
yet the hypothesis has 0 evidence to support.
>>
>>17285465
The UFO phenomenon started in 1947 with Kenneth Arnold's sightings. Yes, researchers have found far older sightings, but the "modern era" of UFO's dates from that time.

Which means ufology been chasing UFOs for approaching 70 years. And what do we have for it? A lot of interesting stories, nothing you can definitely call physical proof, a nagging feeling that something is going on but we can't quite define it or nail it down... and the only way you can still believe in the alien spaceships hypothesis is if you posit a decades-old conspiracy of cover-up and disinformation that spans every major government for decades on end. For the US alone, this conspiracy had to span the presidencies of Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, and Obama. Really, just how likely is that?

Even worse, most ufologists come across as full of crap. Like the Kennedy assassination buffs, the biggest problem with sorting out the truth is that a bunch of screaming buffoons seem to dominate the field -- they are their own worse enemy and I'm not sure a conspiracy would even have to plant disinformation to cause ufology to come across as utterly screwball.

If ufology is to accomplish something, it needs to dump the past. Ignore the current crop of UFO flakes, and go back to basic research with a skeptical, but not close-minded, approach.

Chance of that actually happening? Zero.
>>
I remember an article about an encounter with a UFO where they also developed cancer afterwards. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>17286805

All of John Keel's books are awesome. They're all available as digital editions too.
>>
File: 1454122933004.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1454122933004.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>17287415
Occam's Razor suggests religions are true. God is the simplest explanation.
>>
>>17293176

What you call demons and angels are just other disguises used by the ultraterrestrials to interact with people. None of their frames of reference are literally true and all of them conceal the mystery behind the masks.
>>
>>17298679

Only for the simple minded.
>>
>>17298652
Was it this one?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash-Landrum_incident
>>
File: 1454111965275.png (452KB, 1000x1102px) Image search: [Google]
1454111965275.png
452KB, 1000x1102px
>>17293281
This
>>
>>17298616
You do a great job of presenting the problems facing ufology.

Which UFO organization would you guys say is the least "kooky?" MUFON?
>>
>>17298754
MUFO attracts some nutjobs, I guess, the national UFO reporting center?
>>
>>17298718
yes ty
>>
File: 1441257141164.jpg (70KB, 625x800px) Image search: [Google]
1441257141164.jpg
70KB, 625x800px
>>17298708
No. It is the simplest explanation regardless of one's intelligence or belief system. Holy shit, your post was dumb. Must be pic related.
>>
Quite easily the greatest UFO case in existence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Air_Lines_flight_1628_incident
>>
>>17285465
christians see aliens as a threat. it conflicts with their world view. if they have to accept aliens existing they have to apply their accepted world view + aliens being a threat and came up with some bullshit about them being demons

its a preemptive smear campaign...racist
>>
>>17298802

It's only "the simplest explanation" because it explains nothing. God did it - don't even have to think about it any more. It implies multiple levels of complexity that you're too simple minded to even see.

Being called dumb by a moron like you is the sincerest form of (ironic) flattery you could give me. Thank you!
>>
>>17298823
That's one of my favorites.

>>17298765
Checking out their site right now.
http://www.nuforc.org/index.html

I'd think that one of the biggest hurdles that independent non-profits like them faces would be funding. Until people(and this includes me as well) start supporting them through subscriptions and donations, there's really not much hard investigation they can do, and that's what we really need. At present, I imagine they're staffed with well-meaning volunteers that may or may not be sufficiently credentialed and experienced to avoid being ripped apart by critics.
>>
File: esq-pope-style-1213-xl.jpg (136KB, 614x618px) Image search: [Google]
esq-pope-style-1213-xl.jpg
136KB, 614x618px
>>17298829
On the contrary, aliens are an opportunity for us. That's why the Vatican is so eager to believe they exist. More intelligent life in the universe means more believers and more converts. And they WILL convert.
>>
>>17298930
Fucking idiot dick shit froth mongerl
>>
>>17298565
So does yours.
>>
>>17298930
Fuck off.
>>
>>17298754
I know some good people who are MUFON members. I would respect their opinions. However, I don't know much about the organization as a whole.
>>
ayy lmao
>>
>>17285465

No aliums dude.
>>
>>17286412
>The first error of ufology was to claim any explanation at all

This, to be honest. Hell even if occupants of the UFO came out of it and told people on national TV live that they come from Orion, it wouldn't be proof enough that they indeed did come from Orion.
>>
Whats going on....i had 8 threads open for a few days now and they all got archived at the same time...
>>
File: convincing.png (2MB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
convincing.png
2MB, 1600x1600px
ayy lmao
>>
>>17299946
mufon is a joke at this point. have you perused their youtube channel?
every knucklehead and tinfoilist gets equal time.
>>
>>17287538
You're hilariously fucking stupid.
>>
>>17294242
I can understand peoples fear, but I'm glad I don't get that response.

I've seen a few strange phenomenon that I would call literal "UFO"s, but my reaction was one of total curiosity.

I saw a UFO while on a plane trip once (will tell story if you want, its not particularly fascinating or revealing), and it was all I could think about for a few days afterwords.

Saw another one briefly when I was driving through Illinois; I wanted to pull over and look at it, the wife saw it but said it was nothing and wouldn't stop the car.
>>
>>17302855
This.
>>
>>17298844
Nice straw man, retard.
>>
>>17303718
>2016

>still acting like the 3 percent rule still matters

Pick one

Think before you post dumb ass
>>
>>17298930
unless they have a religion or religions and start converting humans into ayy believers. It would be just another option in the market.
>>
>>17298829

>christians see aliens as a threat. it conflicts with their world view

Not really, as there aren't explicit restrictions on God's creation in the Bible.

>if they have to accept aliens existing they have to apply their accepted world view + aliens being a threat and came up with some bullshit about them being demons

1. Come in the night, or vulnerable moments (bed)

2. Talk about some great shift or event to come in the future, that the individual in question will be responsible for

3. deny the existence of God as revealed in the Bible

4. Put people through great psychological turmoil, and physical pain

5. Impregnate and take semen, biologically motivated

these are parallels with demonic encounter stories.
>>
>>17298829
>christians see aliens as a threat. it conflicts with their world view. if they have to accept aliens existing they have to apply their accepted world view + aliens being a threat and came up with some bullshit about them being demons
>its a preemptive smear campaign...racist

dude, one of the recent popes said a belief in UFOs doesn't negate a belief in christianity.
>>
>>17303826
>pope
>Christianity
choose one
>>
>>17303855

hey man, catholics are still technically christians
>>
>>17293983
Saw something strange while walking my dog also

It was night and I was standing in my driveway when I saw a group of balls of light about 250 ft away
I'd say there were moving at the speed of 5mph, they were pure light and noiseless
They moved in a random formation, loosely together down the street about 15 feet above the ground
They were bigger than a basketball and smaller than a yoga ball. They weren't super bright; they didn't hurt to look at like the sun or a flashlight, and they didn't illuminate the ground or the houses they past. When they got about 100 ft away, I ran in my garage with my dog and hid. I dunno if it was supernatural or ayyliums or something, but it was fucking bizarre and inexplicable for me, I haven't t leave my house on foot after dark since I saw them 2 years ago
>>
>>17285465
the fuck you are talking about , its a weather balloon
>>
>>17287510
they got to fuel that futuristic ship with 1980'fords ?lmao
>>
>>17285465
>Did ufology go wrong once people started claiming UFO's were demons and shit like that?

I think that is when it went right.
>>
>>17287415
Demons sound more likely extra-terrestrials.
>>
>>17287482
Yes, because they are trying to mate with us to corrupt our DNA.
>>
There is a link between what is in cinemas and ufos. The rate of reports rose after Independance Day premiered. >>17286466
The grey originally had irises why did their eyes change within a few decades? >>17286489
The greys becoming more common coincidate with their apperance in media. You can clearly see other types of aliens dissappearing by the nineties. I think it was due to the X-files.
The crafts that crashed in Roswell had a cresent shape. Flying saucer was due to a reporter's error. A witness described their movement being like a saucer on water. Why would they be adapting to the perception of humans? Demons would make a bit more sense as they would have a reason to do so. Although personally I think it is a phemonimon generated by the human mind,
>>
>>17286466

Interesting how the grey has become more mainstream. Probably explains it, people propagate what they see into their dreams and nightmares.
>>
>>17306391

I think the most interesting thing about that picture is that you see some grey like aliens throughout that timeline, and its only starting in '90 that they become "the" alien
>>
Does anyone remember Eliahi Priest from Scotland? Afaik he just disappeared and potentially moved to start a community in Brazil. Despite those thinking he was full of shit and/or batshit insane, he was actually quite funny and would rhyme outside of MI6 etc.

A lot of his stuff had to do with UFOs, alien truth and how it tied in with governments. I think he made his own 'Contact Zero' to try and convey this. It was quite interesting and gave information on MJ12, JASON Society etc. If I remember correctly he also claims to have called an entity down on top of some kind of mountain in Scotland and he would often undergo 'Psy-Ops' which would involve crystal skulls, substances and god knows what.
>>
>>17285465
UFOs and spiritual entities have always gone hand in hand. It's a matter of semantics.
>>
>>17286466
Interesting that grays are responsible for all the abductions
>>
>>17286466

WHat's the story associated with the grey alien on the chair? Seems like an odd detail to illustrate..
>>
>>17295204
It was taken with one of NASA's space camera's, most likely abbreviated as "STS" as you'll note in the filename.

Idk. It was in an ats thread a while back, maybe 2013. I got the jpg from the NASA site where they posted the STS images though, it could still be up idk.
>>
>>17287473

Greer is a certified Bullshit artist.
>>
>>17306713

his one thing that made me go wtf was this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teeRzaybrXw

but the moment he starts talking about his connection I call bullshit
>>
>>17287415
>>17298679
Occam's razor is not a set in stone idiom. It is a way to quickly test a logical explanation. It doesn't infer that the fantastic doesn't happen, it's just a way to logically address a situation and eliminate either the simplest explanation or confirm it by trying it first and saving time.

>Our grandfather in the sky allowing hell's cabana boys to torture us on earth for the dark one is more logical than ftl travel and the possibility of advanced/extra-dimensional species exploring the universe that is billions of years old.
ok.
>>
>>17287507

This shit right here is government testing of alien tech they had backward engineered after Roswell. How can you tell? Actual extraterrestrial craft are silent, and don't have any outward indication of how their acceleration work.

These are crude and dangerous tests of manmade aircraft based off the design of actual recovered alien craft. That's why you have ridiculous flamethrower thrusters and radioactive emissions, plus intense heat in its vicinity. This was in 1980, before the shoe Bob Lazar S4 era where, in my opinion, they managed to refine their craftsmanship to some extent.

That's why the craft was surrounded by military helicopters and escorted off. It's like cavemen playing with a nuke, they didn't know what the fuck they were doing at that point. Unbelievable and these 3 innocents suffered the effects of it for the rest of their miserable lives.

Nowadays? The government made aircraft are probably so refined you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between an extraterrestrial and human-manned UFO. At least without being able to inspect the interior to see how it ticks.
>>
File: 1399274262114.jpg (248KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1399274262114.jpg
248KB, 1440x1440px
>>17287510
What a bad photoshop
>>
>>17307099
I think its more an artist's rendition than an actual attempt at a "real picture"
>>
>>17296967
Skeptic here, but you kinda hit on an interestibg point. Have you ever read anything about the domestication of foxes? This Russian guy Lyudmila Trut had been breeding foxes since the 1950s. He found that by selectively breeding foxes for there tolerance for human proximity he ended up with tamer foxes. As the foxes became tamer some other unplanned traits started to emerge. The foxes started having smaller teeth, drooped ears, and thinner bones. It turns out that with the tameness came an underdevepment of the adrenal glands. What was actually happening is that, through breeding, we were essentially turning these foxes into perpetual puppies. They were tame, cute as shit, and they loved being around people. What is cool, is that we have seen this same trend in anthropology. Over the most recent tens of thousands of years we have seen the same things happening with our bone structure. We have been domesticating ourselves through natural selection, by selecting mates based on their ability to handle constant close human proximity (ie living in a city, a large group, or just socialization as a whole). It is interesting, as humans may very well evolve to look like overgrown fetuses some time in the distant future.
>>
>>17306822
>NOW YA'LL JUST ALIGN YER CHAKRAS AND LET THE SPACEMAN COME IN.
>>
>>17307276
And yet, they were still foxes.
>>
>>17287482
Evil is a lack of good, like cold is a lack of heat. We heat eachother up by loving and being loved in return. The more you love, the more empathetic you become and with that comes more good or "Less evil" if you prefer. Is it a human construct? Sure, but that doesn't make it any less real.
>>
>>17307700
Obviously, no one expects artificial speciation from 70 years of selective breeding. The wolf was not domesticated into the pug within a lifetime.
>>
>>17307700
try the experiment for 100, 500, 1000 generations. are they still foxes then?
in other words, could you breed your gen1000 cutiefox™© with a wild fox?

betcha can't...
>>
File: orot.jpg (114KB, 700x461px) Image search: [Google]
orot.jpg
114KB, 700x461px
>>
File: the_future_you_chose.jpg (173KB, 786x800px) Image search: [Google]
the_future_you_chose.jpg
173KB, 786x800px
>>17307725
i'd like to heat you up, anon.
>>
>>17307725
You're comparing apples and oranges there.

Any action can be spun as good or evil depending on who is telling the tale. For example, many people thought that two people of the same sex loving each other was evil. It's love, innit? Why was any type of love ever called evil?
>>
>>17307738
Cockroaches.
>>
>>17307755
D-desu~
>>
>>17307780
No, people think an out of context and out of place love as "evil" because thy believe God created us to experience things in a certain way. Evil and Sin are different, but intertwined concepts. The word "Sin" is actually an archery term that means to "miss the mark", if that helps put things into context. Sin is just "doing it wrong".
>>
>>17307700
Also, not really the point of the post. The point was that domestication can result in examples of a species with less mature features. I was never even put forth that speciation had occured. The point, as pertaining to /x/, is that if you are one that believes that ufos are piloted by evolved humans from the far off future (which I do not believe) then it wouldn't be the strangest thing that they look like super physically underdeveloped humans. In that theoretical case, speciation would have occured.
>>
File: 1444620984002.jpg (251KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1444620984002.jpg
251KB, 1280x960px
>>17306822

That could have been some sort of military training just off the coast which is common. Could be rockets, flares or anything conventional.

Apparently when he's not doing the UFO lecyure circuit which is highly lucrative, he's running his own little private excursions where he takes true believers out into the woods and uses commercial Chinese laser pointers to summon UFOs, so they can meditate together and make contact. They also have some radio receiver that picks up static and ambient emissions and plays a cute little sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lEs-Pvm8s0

I mean it looks fun, but he charges those people out the ass for these trips, like 2-3 grand.
>>
>>17307932
People like him make me sick...
...With envy. Wish I knew the trick so I could make some fat stacks.
>>
>>17307951

He's kind of unique because initially he comes off as credible, he used to wear a suit and call himself a medical doctor.

Then he hits you with his alien meditation sessions and other wild stories.
>>
>>17307951
you just have to be willing to lie ad infinitum and take money from gullibles.
the pitfalls are believing your own hype and getting busted.
>>
File: jytuikuiyuiyi.jpg (104KB, 466x640px) Image search: [Google]
jytuikuiyuiyi.jpg
104KB, 466x640px
>>
File: alien girl.jpg (44KB, 372x400px) Image search: [Google]
alien girl.jpg
44KB, 372x400px
>>17294340
>>17294348
>>17294370
>Villas-Boas
>Betty and Barney
>Pascagoula
>Travis Walton

These are the best abductions. The 90s support group shit shouldn't be considered part of the UFO phenomena.
>>
File: androind 18.png (154KB, 516x321px) Image search: [Google]
androind 18.png
154KB, 516x321px
>>17308567
>>
>>17287510
the ship shadow is going right while the truck shadow is going left.
0/10 bad shop please delete forever
>>
UFOs are one thing, but there is such a wide range of "abduction" and confrontation experiences that I wonder if we are really able to perceive them in reality. If they have UFO technology, then perhaps they can completely fuck with our sensory stimuli or neurological electrical impulses. There are reports of people being taken onto ships and anally probed for an hour all the way to people being "haunted" by little green children running around their house for months at a time.

Its difficult to imagine why or how they would interact with us given a virtually infinite technological and cultural gap. Maybe their species devolved into IRL shitposters and this is just the last of them getting what fun they can from messing with us.
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.