[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Theories and discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Ghost.jpg (78KB, 1500x1236px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost.jpg
78KB, 1500x1236px
I have a theory that ghosts are strong emotions left imprinted into their surroundings.

Emotions are a delicate thing that border between chemical and spiritual and we don't even fully understand them beyond a survival need, but the way they are influenced by how people function today, they are much stronger and last longer than ever before.

My hypothesis is that an emotion left behind or a "ghost" is a combination of pheremones and a mild.. lets say telepathic effect on the environement. Now with good air flow it stands to reason that the pheremonic effect might be washed away hence why not many ghosts appear out doors besides densely populated areas of distress like the suicide Forrest.

This would also explain why animals are so attuned to these reactions, the sense of dread we get that is on a primal level, like that chill that runs your spine when your back is to that dark hallway.

It would also explain why insence are used to ward "evil spirits"

And it would also explain why there is a sense of comfort in the presense of child ghosts, happy and gentle spirits that don't mean harm. We are wired to be calmed in their presence because the pheremones emitted by them trigger a paternal instinct.

It would also explain why hauntings are only really in older buildings/structures, modern AC and air filters prevent the build up.

Thoughts or any other theories about paranormal?
>>
>>17284107
OP here, forgot to mention i am a girl
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
I'm leaning for science in this regard. Ghosts are real, it they exit in a perpetually uncertain limbo, insecure and confused regarding their liveliness, as it is, or their deadness, same way.

What thy are exactly is interesting to say the least. It's a mystery.
>>
>>17284107
Child ghosts spoop me out even more than regular ones actually
>>
>>17284117
No you loser
>>
I theorize that your thread is shit
>>
>>17284107
>I have a theory that ghosts are strong emotions left imprinted into their surroundings.

That's a very old theory. Along with "ghosts are like photographs of people taken by the objects around them", and "ghosts are a time-slip/warp/vision of the past in that particular place"...

I suppose it makes more sense than the "ghosts are dead people trapped in limbo/just coming to say hi" theory.
>>
So ghosts weren't intended to depart the physical plane and as beings previously included with nature they aren't actually gone until mass awareness concludes they've other places to be?
>>
i personally think ghosts have something to do with some sort of dark spiritual phenomenon. this is only my opinion.

i have once walked alongside a shadow person, and as he vanished, i walked up on a house with a massive bushfire, to the point where i thought the brush fire would burn down the house i was passing
>>
>>17284107
>I have a theory that ghosts are strong emotions left imprinted into their surroundings.
So your theory is literally Bakemonogatari.
>>
I believe ghost are our future/dead selves trying to contact us snd help us.
>>
>>17285386
That is no theory my friend, it is natrual law.
>>
>>17285508
I call those wraiths, not ghosts.

This is the moment #/x/philes truly begins.
>>
>curiosity killed the cat... dont kill the cat

stop thinking so much about all this shit,
unless you want to go through a cycle of dread and fear all the way back
to the beginning with the learnt wisdom of simple gratitude.

Just enjoy whatever simple things you have,
stop being so masochistic,
you'll end up fearing your "theories and discussion."

So after lurkng in the rabbit hole and coming out of it with hypersensitivity, psychosis, anxiety, and a lot of trips to the psychiatrist,
I've come up with the best things to do, instead of all this bullshit theory that you'll regret if you keep digging why's.

>Love yourself, love the present.
>Always try to make people happier after they've seen or talked to you.
>Feel more, think less.
>Never regret, accept the past, enjoy the present, and let the future surprise you. Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss.
>Love everything as if everything were God (protip; it is).
>Make the world a better place, learn to help nature.
>>
>>17285912
Stop shilling your Jesus juice no one cares outside of religion threads
>>
>>17285492
Stephen King used this idea a lot, and so have a SHITLOAD of other writers and philosophers. I'm more inclined to think that it's some sort of time slip.
>>
>>17285937
>love, making people happier, enjoying the present, helping nature

>shilling Jesus juice no one cares

Who's in the right here?
>>
>>17285991
The one that isn't insisting nature has a name.
>>
>>17286044
When did I do that?
>>
>>17284107
It seems there's two types of ghosts at the least though. The imprinted ghost that runs up stairs that fell down long ago, and the aware ghost that will react to you, look at you etc.

I'm not even sure the two types are even part of the same phenomenon or not due to that alone.
>>
>>17286125
Attributing to Jesus what Jesus didn't do is a way to steal credit from nature. Polluting natural beauty with a name like "rose" or "Jesus" or "god" is a spiritual form of pollution that I have every intent to eradicate.
>>
>>17285912
i agree with you completely, but just wondering why you're on /x/ in that case.
>>
>>17284107
I don't believe in ghosts. Any "evidence" I've seen is easily explained or debunked as accidental or intentional fraud. But you're right about the emotional telepathic "stain" left behind by a powerful emotional experience. I am empathic and feel them here and there.
>>
>>17284107
I think there's at least two different types of ghosts:

The ones like you're describing which I think of as imprints, basically just recordings that certain people can sense/activate and experience the emotions and sometimes trigger a "replay."

Then there are the ones I think of as true hauntings. These are backed by an intelligence, can be interacted with, and might not necessarily be the souls of the dead. They could be even stranger things like thought forms, elementals, or even the Good Folk
>>
>>17285943
Maybe people influence each other sometimes.
>>
>>17285912
Worthwhile message right here.

A person can really drive themselves mad and full of anxiety and dread. This is if they allow themselves to. Perception is key.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.