[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep Is For the Sane.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

File: background.gif (1MB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
background.gif
1MB, 500x333px
Hi /x/. So I haven't slept in about 3 days. No drugs, no energy enhancers, no pills. I'm just simply not tired. I'm shooting for a whole week and I was wondering the long lasting effects of sleep deprivation. I've made it to 5 days, then the auditory hallucinations kicked in and that wasn't very fun. I'll keep you guys updated and let you know if I hit my target. And what's the longest you guys have gone?
>>
If I don't get my 8 hours I'm fucked. Have no idea how people can stay up so long
>>
>>17280054
I used to be like that. But between work, school, college, vidya games, more work and a girlfriend, sleep just seemed like a waste of time. And over the years I started sleeping less and less.
>>
>>17280044
You're insane.

>>17280054
6 is my minimum, otherwise I will kill people and get easily agitated
>>
>>17280044
How do you keep yourself occupied.

I always find it difficult as my family sleep therefore I cannot make noise. It just becomes easier to sleep
>>
>>17280054
Same. I am miserable and cranky as hell without them. Not sure how people do it
>>
>>17280115
Well I'm an overall busy person and vidya games and Netflix helps.
>>
>>17280080
No. I'm pretty normal. Just don't get tired. And a weird thing is I'm on the unhealthy side of the spectrum, where prolonged sleep is common
>>
>>17280054
kek, two things can make it happen, a powerful hobby or necessity
There were times that 3 hours were too much
(learning calculus at midnight)
>>
6 is my absolute minimum. Anything less and I go insane. No amount of caffeine can make it better either. Proud of you OP, you're doing things I could only dream of.
>>
>>17280044
Longest I've gone without sleep is 24 hours or so on a vacation with friends. Would not do again. Life starts to feel really meaningless and boring to me when I'm very tired.
>>
>>17280044
Went two days once and i genuinly started halucinating something darting around the place in my peripheral
Kept on thinking i see spiders on the walls and when i go to look theres nothing there
>sleep deprivation is sppoky
>>
>>17280226
Oh yeah, also hyper-reality
>>
>>17280226
sounds fun!
>>
File: char_98981.jpg (13KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
char_98981.jpg
13KB, 210x240px
>>17280044
This kid I know from high school did this for a science project and seriously,permanently, fucked his body up. We weren't that close, so I don't know all the details, but I feel obliged to say stop, go to bed.
>>
>>17280239
Just found out its not called that
I ment briefly enhanced vision
>>
>>17280255
We all heard, of course, about those Soviet sleep deprivation experiments. Sure, it's just stale pasta.

hohoho
>>
Once the hallucinations start setting in it's about high time to hit the hay.
The longer you stay up past that point the harder it gets to fall asleep in my experience, since the voices will get to you in a way you didn't even think possible.
>>
>>17280321
When the voices started happening in my experience, it wasn't as terrifying as I thought It would be. It was definitely annoying which made it hard to eventually pass out.
>>
>>17280044
Sleep isn't required. The beings sleep because they're ignorant, but if you're subtle, intelligent and that you get enough light during the day you actually don't need to sleep.
>>
48 hours is my record.
>wake up and go to work
>boss is a cunt and yells at me all day
>unemployed friend calls, asks if I wanna go to a concert with him
>say fuck yeah and jump onto a bus
>meet up with friend and go to this weird underground rock concert
>had a good night and got wasted
>say goodbye and jump on my bus
>get off the bus and realize that I've missed my second one
>stuck in the middle of nowhere
>it's -5c outside and I have just some regular clothes and a coat on
>bundle up in the corner of the bus
>so fucking cold I can't fall asleep
>sit there in the corner for ~5 hours just smoking cigarettes and shivering
>bus finally arrives I jump on
>know that I have to be at work in about a half hour
>jump off at my stop and run home, get changed
>colleague comes and picks me up
>go to work for 12hours
>feel like time stands still, boss yells at me but I can't make out what he says, got a horrible headache and it feels like my eyes were about to roll out of my head
Never again.
>>
>>17280491
Surprised you didn't do some fight club shit to yar boss.

lol
>>
>>17280226
I thought that seeing invisible spiders while being sleep-deprived was a me thing but I guess not.
I've also seen shadows move across the walls and think I feel/hear the sensation of my cat jumping on the bed next to me. Weird shit.
>>
>>17280255
Sounds like crap

More info needed
>>
>>17280226
>>17280852
Went without sleep for 2 days and had all of this

Update us daily OP, so we can see you go crazy
>>
>>17280888
I gotcha anon. I'm off work for a few days so I'll be on this thread for awhile. So far I feel ok. I little tired/hungry but nothing insane.
>>
>>17280044
Have you tried any sleep remedies? Do you want to sleep, or are you just testing your bodies capabilities. When you hit the 6-7th day mark, you're gonna be fucked.
>>
My first year at uni, I survived on about 4 hours of sleep every night.
>>
56 hours was my record. I think I may have used adderall for the first night though. Had a bunch of work to do for uni, plus vidya and hanging out with my roommates. I smoked a bunch of pot towards the end of it as well, which really made the hallucinations worse but also helped me finally knock out. Bad times, don't do a week you'll fuck yourself up.
>>
>>17281197
Kinda just doing it for shits and giggles and just to say I did it. I've always had trouble sleeping and prolonged periods of no sleep really don't bother me so I might as well see how long I can last before I pass out.
>>
>>17280044

I hate this life and want to fast forward as much as possible. Dreams are great escapism and discovery of the other realms of reality when I can get good ones.
>>
>>17281238
Well 5 days is crazy man shit, going past that and you're in for a bad time. I can't even get past 1 day without feeling like shit
>>
I experimented with sleep deprivation before I ever tried hallucinogenic drugs and I often encourage all kinds of people to do the same both here and in my normal life.

Once you teach yourself to be able to go just 36 hours consistently and confidently without freaking out over it, you've conquered one human weakness because then you can be awake and functional at any time of the day for any reasonable period of time (shift) and you can reverse your day/night schedule by choice. This is actually an enormously powerful thing to be able to do to squeeze the most out of life.

I find that even after 36 I can just take 12 down and be perfectly fine. My personal minimum for a "night's" sleep is 3 hours. I can go indefinitely on two 3 hour rest periods a day "night's sleep" and "nap" which is how I lived for a couple years when I was working full time and also partying hard though alcohol made my mornings much more difficult.

To address the other end of the spectrum I hit the hallucination point around OPs current point of 96 hours and generally don't enjoy it. I may be more sensitive to the onset of hallucinations since I'm pretty experienced with recreational hallucinogens.

I got married to a much younger girl a few years ago and she needed at least 10 good of sleep to be herself which I thought would ease up but she's getting into her mid-20s now and no signs of it relenting. I used to like it because it have me so much time to myself but now she works full time and we have a son so I miss her and also have to shoulder a lot of the parenting responsibility but on the other hand he's been introducing me as "it's my best friend dada" which is an amazing feeling.
>>
>>17280396

Given recent research has turned up that sleep is actually a time the body uses to literally clear out physical junk from the brain, I'm not so sure about that.
>>
>>17280044
I'm an idiopathic hypersomniac with no access to medication anymore. I wish I could stay awake and focus and be motivated for half a day, much less a whole one. Impressive sir
>>
>>17281325
Yeah. It seems like no matter the case, sleep deprivation always ends in insanity/dementia. Scary thought.
>>
>>17280044
What kind of auditory hallucinations are you having?

I was once so tired I had a physics hallucination. I was in the kitchen making a burger or hotdog, and shook a ketchup bottle and some of it came off the bottle and landing on my arm. For a little while I was convinced that the ketchup had somehow flew off the bottle, bounced off the wooden table and hit my arm.
>>
>>17280044
Heeey,mira solo te vengo a decir y quizá mas de uno no me crea,pero yo tuve la dicha de privarme del sueño por 7 dias,si un semana,y creéme que no fue facil,y ni estoy mintiendo..(lo hize en periodo de examen)...te preguntarás que pasó?
simple,lo unico raro que llegué a notar fue que me movia y reaccionaba de una forma estúpida..como que nisiquiera tuviera reflejos,en fin como vi en los comentarios ,es verdad,hubo un momento en el que comenzaba como que a ver cosas por minisegundos...como si estuviese dormido...
pero nada de otro mundo,todo el momento tenía sueño inluso en al almuerzo,sentía que me dormía parado..creo que tranquilamente podría volver a intentar llegar mas allá de 7 dias y no habría nada fuera de lo común a pesar de que leí en internet que decían que llegar a 7 dias iva a ser algo peligroso para la salud,al menos para mi no lo fue...
en fin,si quieres hazlo y no creas que te pasará algo malo si lo haces,nadie mejor que yo puede decirlo...en fin solo quería contar mi anécdota y que con esto te armes de confianza para poder hacerlo...no se que edad tendrás tu,pero yo con 17 pude...suerte con eso
Damán D.
>>
>>17281343
No we won't give you money
>>
File: 12.jpg (5KB, 225x225px)
12.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>17280214
>>
>>17281340
It's kinda hard to describe. The best way I can explain it is, it sounds like a very loud whisper, usually just behind my head. And most of the time I can't make it out but it sounds human.
>>
>>17280214
life is meaningless and boring though.
>>
4 is my minimum, after that I get overemotional and agitated.
>>
>>17281343
Are you Colombian?
>>
>>17281371
What specific words or phrases can you make out? Does there seem to be an overarching theme? Do they sound like a conversation? Orders?
>>
File: drscientist.jpg (9KB, 186x200px) Image search: [Google]
drscientist.jpg
9KB, 186x200px
>>17280044

It'll get to the point that you'll be having fun enjoying the halucinations and voices and then things start to turn scary, the visions become terrifying and a dark paranoia creeps in your mind developing into a serious mental issue of fear and depression and anxiety which gets worse and worse every hour.
You'll decide enough is enough with this little experiment, 4 days is something to brag about or was it 5 days? 6?
You'll lay down to get some sleep.
But you won't be able to.
Sleep will not come.
Anxiety will procgress to full on schizophrenic episodes of terrifying delusions.
If you manage to not kill yourself and you're lucky, you'll end up in the hospital either dying or juiced up with chemical shit that will help you now but end up causing alzheimers, parkinsons or something worse (cancer) later in life.
Enjoy OP
>>
>>17281439
Most of the time (about 90%) it's just my name. Or "hey!" And sometimes it sounds like a question like "hey?" Like I offended someone.
>>
File: 20160127_234208-1.jpg (3MB, 2058x2430px) Image search: [Google]
20160127_234208-1.jpg
3MB, 2058x2430px
Alright /x/ O.P. here. I figured I might as well start uploading pics throughout my endeavor. I forgot about my stockpile of 10lbs (literally) of gum I hid this past Halloween and I'm gonna start going through it to keep my mind off sleep. I'm closing in on about 3 and 1/2 days now. It's amazing what half a day can do. Still eating. Still drinking. Not writing on the walls with my shit yet. Will update in a few hours or maybe later.
>>
Whenever the auditory hallucinations kick in for me, it always starts with whispered, indistinct voices within white noise sources like static or running water.

As they become more discernible, they always sound like a crowd of people all trying to get my attention, and there are always voices of acquaintances and family who have died.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 576x576px
Love u op be good ok
>>
>>17281644
I have that too, but instead of a whisper a man says my name really quickly and it sounds like he's in the next room or something
>>
>>17281698
I doubt you'll start feeling crazy till like day 3. Don't forget to wash the shit off your hands before you type!
>>
>>17280125
you sound lazy.
>>
3 days straight once, it was due to a severe nerve pain that somehow gets worse when i attempt to go to sleep, happens to me once in a while but that time was the worse. Like OP i can't really say i was exhausted, just a bit off, but that also depends on how active you are, i remember last day i had to drive to my dad's which is very fucking close, and i almost crash because i was really oblivious and slow, also moody, no hallucinations of any kind though. There also a weird and sudden energy rush that i experienced during the last day, funny how sometimes the body works under harsh circumstances.
>>
>>17280044
I used to smoke a lot of meth so 72-96 hours no sleep was common. Longest I ever went was 8 days. I would not recommend it. Not fun. Had some kind of psychotic break and blacked out for 12 hours, nothing really bad happened, I had a buddy with me the entire time and he kept me out of trouble. I enjoy sleep dep hallucinations and the voices and shadow people, but anything beyond about 5 days is going to begin the stretch your sanity.
>>
>>17281698

OP it's not worth it. Go back. Go to sleep. Not only do you get psychotic, but lack of sleep causes serious brain damage. If you're able to stay up for 4 days and sleep for 24 hours, fine, but otherwise you're fucking your brain.

I had a bad drug trip on acid and molly one night and couldn't sleep for the next 4 days. I basically went 4.5 days without any sleep. It was fucked up... I tried to sleep but couldn't until I got xanax.

Post here once the radio starts narrating your life and lucifer speaks to you through song.

As I walked in the doorway..

I heard the mission bell..

I thought to myself...

this could be heaven or this could be HELL

we're all just prisoners here ... of our own device.
>>
Op will either give up or kill himself tomorrow. Callin it.
>>
File: 20160128_011146-1.jpg (3MB, 2119x2360px)
20160128_011146-1.jpg
3MB, 2119x2360px
OP here. I thought I heard pacing outside of my room for about 20 mins. I tried to ignore it but it was driving me insane. My gum reserves are still high. Dawn will be here in an hour or so.
>>
>>17283060
What flavor is the gum
>>
>>17280044
nerve damage
>>
I have stayed up for around 30+ hours before. After ~24 hours I need to really keep myself busy or I'll just fall asleep. I used to be able to do this when i was younger consistently but as I get older I do it less and less (mainly cause of responsibilities )
>>
>>17281312
wut?
>>
>>17281644
dude tottaly had the same, when i lacked sleep and also sometimes in extreme silence at night. have you heard your name called out by others like every person you know at the same time? or sometimes it seems like the whole world calls your name at the same time. it is really unsettling
>>
>>17283199
also it is kind of whisper-scream hard to describe
>>
>>17282298
Hrm I get the radio bit all the time and I sleep 7-8 hours most nights
>>
>>17283095
Bubblegum
>>
>>17280044
The longest I ever stayed up was about four and a half days. I had been given a weak adderall prescription for ADHD, but they had just upped my dose, so I had the new stronger stuff which I took at my regular schedule, and a reduced dose leftover that I took at the opposite end of the cycle.

I'd attribute most of the paranoia I experienced to the amphetamines, but by day 4 it was like I was seeing everything through visual heat distortion, like off the pavement on a hot day. everything I saw came through a heatwave like off hot pavement. Other people in the thread talked about picking voices out of ambient white noise which I also frequently experienced.

Can't say I recommend it very much.
>>
Godspeed, you dumb bastard.
>>
>>17282219
Please elaborate!
I've always been interested in meth experience but will never touch it due to the neurological and physical damage
>>
Have done many 24+ hour shifts in military out of choice. I don't remember doing more than 48 hours but I kind of like the feeling you get after 16 hours as an experienced sleep deprivator, that feeling of being tired but widely awake and energized at the same time.
>>
>>17280066
That's what our society and its modern lifestyle want you to believe
>>
Went four days without sleep, via drugs. Felt spiders on my legs, saw shadows, heard voices. Felt like something was coming towards me at all times. fucking terrible do not recommend.
>>
Three days. After that the audio hallucinations kick in. Start seeing shadow people about 36 hours awake.

Only time I ever stayed up that long, and was smoking a ton of sativa. Heard a loud click in my head ( like the changing of a channel) and immediately I heard the TV tell me there were entities after me. I could suddenly hear all kinds of voices. One told me it was a ghost trapped somewhere and needed my help. Another voice told me I needed a weapon cause they were coming. I even heard one of my cats speaking. I'm convinced, though, that one of those voices was demonic and trying to control me. Ended up at the hospital for panic induced psychosis. One of the very last voices I heard before I was taken in was a man narrarating my life as though he reading from a book.
>>
Sleep deprivation can lead to brain damage, there are lot of ways to induce hallucinations tho
>>
>>17280044
Dont listen to these fags anon, just dont come closer to the 9th day and longer cuz you could be closer to death than u can perceive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peH3C-72-CM
>>
>>17281343
Por que escribir en español en un board en ingles dude?
>>
>>17281312
Maybe you just master the polyphasic sleeping without realizing (?)
congrats if so, i envy your results in a good way.
>>
>>17283095
nerve damage
>>
I stopped sleeping for five days once,
Some weir black spot The size of a man appeared at the side of my room.
He would speak to me, ask me questions etc.but would usually end with 'You probably shouldn't continue, you know.'

Looking back it was probably just my subconcious projecting itself telling me to stop being a knob anad go to sleep but shit was weir.

Every now and then I still feeel a presence in my room though.
>>
>>17284880
Thinking about it, I was going through depression and my life wasn't so good at that point, could have been anything I guess
>>
I once did 3 or 4 days IIRC

Had really bad smell hallucinations and once I saw shadow people I NOPED the fuck into bed
>>
File: 20160128_165728-1.jpg (2MB, 1948x2567px) Image search: [Google]
20160128_165728-1.jpg
2MB, 1948x2567px
O.P. here. Well the voices and pacing have definitely gotten louder but they're not as frequent. My mouth is completely dry despite the large amounts of water I've been drinking. My gum reserves are still plentiful. I've been in the shower for god knows how long, 30 minutes? An hour? At this point in my journey I would have guessed that time would slow down, but quite the opposite. The shower feels like the safest place now. The worst is the paranoia. Everything is a face now. Will update at nightfall.
>>
The longest Ive been awake is around 26 hours, which isnt strange. Most people have done this at some point in their lives. I really wanted to stay up longer, but I remember just watching TV not feeling tired, but I must of passed out.

In hindsight, it was probably for the better, sleep deprivation is a legitimate torture technique after all.
>>
Iwhen I have a stressful time I tend to wake up after four hours of sleep every night. I have difficulties falling asleep and waling up. I hardly make it through the day keeping myself alove with coffee.

The caffeine does not help falling asleep.

After a few days and nights of that I start seeing flashes when I lay in my bed trying to fall asleep. Like a dimmed strobelight. Shortly after I would hear this voice of what I visualize as a rather big man in his fifties speaking nonsense like: blablablurbiduburrllumbilurpidooob. Just as if he is trying to make a baby laugh.

Last night I woke up agsin at 4 in the morning. I heared two men playong accordeon and singing some kind of eastern european folk. The melody was very detailed and perfectly on time. After a few seconds the sound faded out.
>>
That is so great to hear OP.

Guess what? I've been an insomniac my whole life since I was young. It's dreadful. I can't sleep without the meds. I'm always paranoid that there is someone behind me
>>
I used to be able to go 40+ hours waking time without any negative side effects. No hallucinations ever or anything. Didn't even pass out, I would just go to sleep whenever I ran out of things to do that were interesting.

Nowadays I can barely stay awake for more than 14 hours without feeling severely tired, after which I will probably sleep 12+ hours. Not sure if I've got some kind of illness or if it's just depression/NEET life getting to me.
>>
Get some kip and stop being a prick
>>
>>17285092
how about that feeling to look for a mirror with peripheral vision
>>
>>17285043
That sounds ominous
>>
>>17280491
>not chucking a Sickie

What are you a beta?
>>
no sleep lowers your immune system so yeah you might catch a cold that your body normally would fight off with ease.

But you also leave yourself vulnerable to demons and evil spirits. In part by allowing your brain to tune in to that "plain" and once a daemon latches on to you, it can be hard to get rid off.
>>
>Sleep make demons go away
So what happens when they're in my dream. Don't get me wrong, I fuck them up every time.
>>
>>17285410
"my dream" Its your dream so you can duel them and kill em. They feed off fear and negativity so stay positive and what not
>>
>>17281698
OP that shit loses its flavor in like 5 seconds, you will run out of that in no time.
>>
>>17284674
Because he doesn't know english silly anon
>>
I went 3 days once without sleep. My brain was pretty fucked, I would just start laughing at the dumbest shit and my motor skills were impaired.

Haven't done it again but I used to regularly go 30-48 hours a couple years back.
>>
It's rare that I get completely skip a night of sleep. Doing it intentionally doesn't sound like fun to me. I have gone many, many nights, this year and 2015 in particular with 2-5 hrs, mainly because of anxiety.
>>
3 days, my sight got a bit wobbly but that was it
>>
>>17283243

you might just be more sensitive.

This wasn't a positive thing though. It was really intense. It was like no matter what song what station whether music, talk radio, or a commercial, it had immense relevance for my life..in a bad way. It's fucked up. Thankfully it stopped.
>>
>>17280255
>No details.
>Pic or it didn't happen you newfag.
>>
>>17285760
Quizas sea solo un mexifag hipster que busca atencion de hispanos en /x/ (?)

Maybe its just a mexifag hipster who seeks attention from hispanics in /x/ (?)
>>
Idk if this counts but... i was addicted to ambien anyway i enden up getting 3 of those at one point and not feeling a shit so i stop taking them... for the next month i only sleep 3 hours/day.
Repply if you wanna know whats next.
>>
I have got sleep apnea or something and wake up a hundred times during the night.
I don't even know how much sleep I get. Usually sleeping hours/trying to sleep hours are something 8 - 10 hours or more, even though it could be that I only got 2 hours of sleep or no sleep at all because I wake up all the time, my guess is it is not very much time spent for actual sleep.

Anyway I sometimes feel like I haven't slept in days and I get dizzy and lightheaded, losing balance (like suddenly feeling like falling) , sometimes similar sensation to depersonalisation and general feeling like losing it
>>
>>17285198
Lol, Demons. No. Daemon?
You forgot >Kappa
>>
>>17285043
OP, are you okay? You've been gone a while. Did you died?
>>
File: 20160128_212357-1.jpg (3MB, 2085x2398px)
20160128_212357-1.jpg
3MB, 2085x2398px
O.P. here, and things are starting to get a little crazy. I have finally reached my 4 day mark and the auditory hallucinations have ceased, but the visual ones have begun. I locked all the doors in my house and have taken refuge in the living room with my German Shepard waiting for whatever happens. I was sitting in the living room trying to Skype my brother when I started to smell food, like Chinese food. I wandered in the kitchen and a small pot of Ramen was sitting there, fully cooked. I honestly hope that sleep deprivation causes short term memory loss or I'm seeing shit. I'm too afraid to go back into my kitchen. I hope gum and water can keep me alive for 2 more days..
>>
I was up for a fee days plowing snow during a big snowstorm. I was driving down a hill and at the bottom I saw a person who looked like he was entirely made of burlap
>>
>>17280044
My longest is like 60 hours. Only done it twice. Wouldn't recommend.
>>17280066
It's proven that less sleep causes numerous negative health effects, the most severe being a shortening of your life.
Get your goddamn sleep.
>>
>>17286123
you should try to eat the ramen
>>
>>17281312
>my best friend dada
That's adorable dude
>>
Essentially everyone in the thread
>I tried this and it was awful, I don't recommend it

OP
>I've got gum don't worry
>>
>>17281197
Seriously. As someone who is diagnosed with severely "fractured sleep", meaning i'm never in REM sleep for more than five or six minutes at a time. I wake up completely two or three times a night and just watch t.v. like a zombie or eat (I've put on a ton of weight because I'm so exhausted ALL. THE. TIME. that exercising is almost impossible).

I'd cut my arm off to get a good night's sleep and I sure wouldn't fuck around with it once I had it.
>>
i have chronic fatigue syndrome so no matter how much i sleep im always exhausted, i tried everything from sleeping squeduals and excersise to dieting and nothing helped eventually i just stopped sleeping as it didn't make a difference if i slept or not I'm just constantly exhauseted, i might get maybe 3 hours sleep a day now, my life is pretty normal i don't have visions or any crazy shit like that i just have no energy, im just on autopilot
>>
>>17286158
Hey don't underestimate the power of gum. GIVE EM HELL OP.
>>
You don't have the brain tumor symptoms. I didn't sleep almost for two (2) months or more. And the detox home didnt believe or care about me and didn't let me go away. They give me a lot some meds. It was terrible. Just when they let me go I try others meds to sleep.
My pupils dilatated and the heart beat was at maximum. Lot of terrible nightmares. Seizures, etc..
They finally let me go and I did CT scan and MRI witch diagnose a temporal lobe brain tumor. Too sad for remember this after 4 years and I don't know if I will live more than that. Criminals and ignorant organizations. The NA organization and AA.
Sorry for this guys.
>>
>>17283571
Jesus, my jaw would be fucking killing me. I can't chew gum for more than twenty minutes but that's because my sister says I'm a "hard liver"
>>
The best thing about anons is that I don't care about them. I don't care if they're in danger and I'm not a shrink for these dumb fucks. This guy can fuck his brain chemistry pretty bad and then it's a ride on a choochoo train to the coocooville. I don't get it if you hate your life can't you just jump with into water with anchor or some heavy shit (you can brag about it on your tombstone).
>>
>>17280044
I've gone about 40 hours.

>>17284666

This anon actually knows what he's talking about. The science behind sleep depravation is pretty solid. Even after a full night's rest, your brain will periodically shut down different parts of your brain throughout the day for small windows of time. Day dreaming, for example, is often the part of your brain that's responsible for awareness taking a break. As you go longer and longer without "sleep," which is really just your whole brain resting at once as opposed to bits and pieces at a time, the process becomes more frequent and overlaps set in more and more. However, the partial sleep processes are always enough for your brain to keep functioning.
The real problem with going long periods of time with no sleep is the toll it takes on the rest of your body, particularly hormonally. The sleep cycle (which can never occur out of order) always covers REM last, even though REM is the one portion that actually covers your brain. This is because the "daydreaming" method of resting different parts of the brain at different times is always happening and will sustain the brain. Of course, it wouldn't last forever, but it doesn't have to.
This is because ten days without conventional sleep is undeniably fatal. Perhaps you can give or take a day or two for certain people, but the fact remains that after about ten days without the hormonal regulation, growth cycle stabilization, and body system repair that only happens during conventional sleep, at least one crucial body system will undoubtedly fail.
>>
>>17286225
That being said, the length of any one period of sleeplessness is insignificant as long as death does not occur. Going without sleep for a specific occasion can never cause long term health effects of any kind. You either somehow stay awake long enough to flat out die, or you make a full recovery without exception. Tales of psychotic breakdowns from going 8 days without sleep are always false.
Long term sleep loss, on the other hand, is a different matter. A month on four hours a night is much more damaging than eight days straight without any, because your body systems find it difficult to get in all the regulation and repair needed, including your brain. This kind of sleep loss, unlike a one-time wakefulness binge, can, and will, result in long-term effects of both the mind and body.
>>
>>17286164
I wouldn't wish that shit on my worst enemy. I'm so sorry for you.
>>
Stayed up going on my 6th day once. Worst time of my life, seen this young girl in a white dress going around corners, started hearing things, seeing spiders etc. Pretty shitty. Geekin the while time..
>>
>>17286231
There are possible exceptions. For example, some people have learned to control the cycle of the different parts of their brain so that they never have to lie down inactively, but can still get in the necessary hormone and body repair that only happen when certain brain sections are resting simultaneously. There is still a disadvantage to this, so these people all tend to live very fit lives, with every one that I can recall being a farmer. But these people still go through periods of unawareness, during which time they are effectively sleepwalking.
>>
>>17280256
Can you elaborate?
>>
>>17286234
Thanks anon. I'm currently taking seroquel right before bed but after about a month my tolerance rendered it all but useless. Blech
>>
You don't want to sleep or you can't sleep?

If you can't sleep, you might have severe insomnia and you might die in less than a year.

jusssayin
>>
Years ago I saw a documentary about a DJ would tried to stay up for 30 days as a publicity stunt. He wound up doing permanent damage to his body and brain after around 10 days (iirc) before the doctors shut him down.
>>
>>17281444
>end up causing alzheimers, parkinsons or something worse (cancer) later in life.
That makes sense. I've read that junk is harder to clean without proper rest and neurodegenerative disorders may be more frequent among shift workers.
>>
File: 1420673700231.gif (389KB, 300x230px) Image search: [Google]
1420673700231.gif
389KB, 300x230px
OP please don't fucking do this to yourself I was up for five straight days once and it didn't go over well.

>have insomnia due to living next to naval airbase for years
>move
>insomnia comes with me
>develop drinking problem
>stop drinking because health problems(had a brush with DT's not cool)
>Insomnia back full force
>going on 5 days of no sleep
>become delusional
>watching youtube videos nonstop
>become convinced that a race of aliens fleeing from their homeworld wants to seek asylum on earth and are communicating with me via youtube
>they are telling me the only way the world will accept them is if we throw giant parties all over the world nonstop for an entire week
>clearly we can't have parties without giant robots that shit doesn't fly
>Attempt to summon party robots by dancing naked with the windows open blasting LMFAO as loud as my speakers will go
>roommate comes back from work, asks me what the fuck am I doing
>He's fucking Megatron
>I have to fight Megatron so all the Autobots will come back and help us welcome all the party aliens and usher in an era of world peace
>I fight him naked
>He calls my parents
>My brother and best friend show up, I'm convinced they are Dr. Who and Starscream respectively
>Try to negotiate with them about the party aliens because there's millions of lives at stake
>Cops are called
>I get taken to the hospital
>Have to be sedated because I charged one of the nurses roaring like a bear
>Finally sleep
>Wake up
>Jesus fuck what have I done

No one is ever going to take me seriously about anything ever again.
>>
>>17286033

What's next?

Also, lurking this thread, some great stories and experiences.

I recently had to stay up for ~30 hours, not too long, and nothing strange happened. In college, stress and schoolwork led me to live off 4-5 hours a night.
>>
>>17286172

What?
>>
>>17286200

Ignorance.
>>
>>17286152
Yeah, he's almost 3. We also play a game where we punch each other pretty hard right in the nose.
>>
>>17286257

Facinating, knowledgeable anon. Any me info on these 'inactively operating' no sleep farmers?
>>
>>17286231
>A month on four hours a night is much more damaging than eight days straight without any
You're aren't making any sense. Stop please.
>>
>>17280044
death is a week
>>
File: 20160128_232840-1.jpg (2MB, 1944x2572px) Image search: [Google]
20160128_232840-1.jpg
2MB, 1944x2572px
O.P. here. Quick update. The living room was too open. I was constantly looking over my shoulder and out the window every 5 seconds. I made a snap decision and made a beeline for my guest room. It's starting to get kinda heavy. I had to pass through the kitchen to get to the guess room. Yeah, the Ramen is still there.
>>
I used to be able to stay up 2-3 days straight no problem but recently in the last year or two something in my head switched where I can't even pull an all nighter anymore.
shit sucks.
>>
>>17286511
>you're aren't

Anon pls
>>
>>17286637
I'd advise getting some sleep dude.
drink a few beers and knock yourself out.
these audio and visual hallucinations could make you go full schizo. I used to get the audio hallucinations pretty bad and the voices would tell me weird shit.
>>
>Sleep deprivation is really bad, man, I was on lots of drugs this one time, and didn't do much sleeping, and some weird stuff happened, and it definitely had nothing to do with the drugs because those are all super safe, it was all the fault of lack of sleep for sure.
>>
Late nighter reporting in. Good luck OP, report frequently.
>>
>>17286861

Dooky pls
>>
>>17286685
>Ramen
Who walks your dog op? where does he shit?
>>
File: 20160129_001032-1.jpg (3MB, 2145x2331px) Image search: [Google]
20160129_001032-1.jpg
3MB, 2145x2331px
>>17286897
I walk her every other day. And she scratches at the door when she wants out. She's been keeping me company since this whole thing.
>>
>>17286685
Take a photo of the ramen and post it.
>>
>>17286916
OP That dog isn't there... You need to rethink your surroundings...
>>
>>17286916
Do you get paranoid when you walk her out?
Also thanks for sharing your experience.
>>
>>17286933
I might in a minute, but the guest room feels so safe. But I'll probably have to go in the living room again in a bit... I accidentally left my gum.
>>
>>17286950
Well since I've started my sleep hiatus I haven't really walked her, just letting her in my backyard when she needs to go. And thank you for being along for the ride.
>>
I start making simple mistakes and can not concentrate when I am tired.
>>
>>17286978
Just stay as relaxed as you can. You are safe, it's just your mind playing tricks on you. I had a same experience 3 years ago. You will be fine. Take a photo of ramen if you feel safe enough.
>>
>>17286978
Interesting thread, OP, but to be honest yours stupid as fuck for pulling this shit
>>
>>17287054
Trust me, I know. But at any given time if I feel real danger towards me or my dog, I'm pulling the plug. I might be insane but I'm not crazy.
>>
OP is a modern day hero
>>
>>17286350
>I fight him naked
My motherfucking God damn sides
>>
SHOW US THAT RAMEN NIGGA
>>
File: 20160129_005733-1.jpg (2MB, 2068x2417px) Image search: [Google]
20160129_005733-1.jpg
2MB, 2068x2417px
So I finally got the nuts to peek out my sanctuary and pop my head in my kitchen real fast... I swear I'm not insane anons.. I haven't been this spooked in awhile. My hands are shaking and I have that knot in my stomach. I actually wish someone was yanking my dick.. I think I'm just gonna try and calm down and watch some Archer.... and I don't know where I left my gum.
>>
>>17287229
This is where I feel like this is just RP
>>
I can function on two hours for about four spans of each nights or go about 5 days without any, before real problems happen. I'm also skinny
>>
File: 20160129_013334-1.jpg (3MB, 2203x2269px)
20160129_013334-1.jpg
3MB, 2203x2269px
Well I have good news and bad news guys. I dosed for about 10 minutes watching Netflix, so I guess I lose. But the goods news is, I found my gum. Thank you guys for sticking around while I circled down the drain. I'll stay in the thread and hang out with you guys until it's 404d. Now it's time to get a good nap in.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAjImV3WxeU

Sleep is good, okay?? :)
>>
someone cap this thread
>>
>>17287389
you did well anon, it's time to rest
>>
>>17287233
Memory loss during sleep deprivation is not RP.
>>
>>17287389
Well, congratulations! Now you have some more misfolded protein stuck in your brain. On a high fat low carb diet the production of beta-amyloid and such is lower. Remember that and eat fats and the right vegetables next time. It will be easier.
>>
>>17286123
Don't eat the fucking ramen.
>>
>>17286158
Its double bubble, he's totally safe!
>>
>>17280044
Do you have a job?
>>
>>17286350
oh god. it feels like bullshit to the 4chan part of my brain yet i've seen enough delirious stupid sleep dep nonsense that i almost believe it.
>>
>>17287389
tbqh i was hoping the gum was in the ramen.
>>
Been up for about 30 hours so far, still have another 4 and a half until I'm off cq, then it'll probably be another hour until I can get home, eat, and fall asleep. Longest I've gone is probably 60 hours but that's miserable. I'm already contemplating suicide at this point.
>>
File: vl7TVH6.png (165KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
vl7TVH6.png
165KB, 750x1334px
I have this app on my phone called Sleep Cycle, it tracks my movement throughout the night with the microphone or something, using that data is shows what stage of sleep I'm in

Idk if it's programmed this way or if it's really just all me, but I only get 100% sleep quality when I get 10 hours. I do have ADHD probably due to cyanosis during birth, and I think ADHD peeps do need more sleep than average. If I don't get my sleep I'm nearly useless.
>>
File: od0UeWI.png (106KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
od0UeWI.png
106KB, 750x1334px
>>17288559
>>
>>17280054
At a certain point you stop being tired. I was up for 3 days once and it was kind of hard to get myself to go to sleep
>>
File: 20160129_120038-1.jpg (2MB, 1897x2635px)
20160129_120038-1.jpg
2MB, 1897x2635px
O.P. here. Quick update. So I failed to reach my goal but not going to lie, I had a blast doing this and would honestly do it again, although I highly recommend that no one do this. Even though my sleep schedule is back to normal, I still feel a little paranoid and I was very sick when I woke up. Again thank you anons for sticking around through the whole thing. If I ever have the urge to pull it off again, me and my gum will be ready.
>>
File: oh-god-im-retarded-copy.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
oh-god-im-retarded-copy.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
>>17280396
>>
File: can-stock-photo_csp6896911~2.jpg (23KB, 301x301px) Image search: [Google]
can-stock-photo_csp6896911~2.jpg
23KB, 301x301px
>>17286685
is that a coyote at your feet?
>>
>>17287229
>there is no ramen there
>OP lost his gum
All hope is lost.
>>
>>17286350
true or not but i laughed. +1 for you
>>
>>17288702
but... what about the ramen? is it still there? don't just leave us hanging here D:
>>
5 days.

I began to hear, what sounded like, thousands of people screaming in excruciating pain. I thought I was listening to Hell.

It was terrifying and I never did it again.
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 603x393px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 603x393px
>>17286231
eh i can kind of relate with this. i started not sleeping deliberately for a while, i don't know how to describe it other than just severe anxiety and didn't know how to deal with life. it became a just a few hours a night kind of thing almost every night because i just wouldn't sleep, started in september and by december of that year things were totally fucked up, i heard demons in the wall etc. and even worse other people experienced things around me too, so i do think that being under prolonged stress opens you up to spiritual bad stuff

i think i just wanted to experience hallucinations and not have to be in the "real world" but honestly i have gained an appreciation for the mundane after that. shit was lonely
>>
I need at least 10 hours of sleep to be well, otherwise I'll feel very sick and feel like there's soda gas inside my head, my nose, my eyes, everything. Still, I sleep for 4 hours or less, because sleep is literally a waste of time. I always have hallucinations though.
>>
>>17289264
>>
Used to do frequent races on speed a while back where i usually went 3-4 days, slept a couple hours and resumed the racing. One week i slept a total of around 9 hours. The last time i used i went more than 5 days and had a psychosis. Nasty stuff. I have since stayed clean and started sleeping for normal hours.
Why did i do it? Life sucked, drugs made it better blahblah the usual addict story.
>>
>>17286473
Idiotism.
>>
I once sleept for 60 hours one time.
I didn't stay up for hours either, it was just a regular day, went to sleep, woke up about 60 hours later
Is that paranormal or is there something wrong with me?
it only happend once 2 years
>>
I sleep 12 hours at day. And sometimes i can't
differentiate reality and dreams. Half of my life is dreams and reality it's just a bad trip.
>>
>>17290346
>>17290346

fucking same..
>>
Inb4 404
So the longest I've gone would be maaaaybe 48. If I had to guess I'd say probably 40 is really the longest. I'm an 8-a-night or else kinda guy. Ive done over a day many times. Some from work some play. Never any hallucinations tho.

But what y'all describe sounds a lot like my experience fasting. Longest I've gone is 74 hours nothing but water. I got very emotional around hour 70 but it was good. Could sense hallucinatory sights and sounds beginning to gear up. Nothing ominous rho it was all pleasant. I would highly recommend fasting over sleep dep.
>>
>>17286916
Every other day???!! Poor thing has to wait 2 fucking days to take a shit because your lazy ass wants to fuck around and eat gum
>>
3 days isn't much with good drugs. im on a 3 day run as we speak. too much longer and it gets weird though.
>>
You do know that if you don't sleep for seven days, you'll die, right?
>>
>>17287964
>Cq

I'm so sorry. At least it's not staff duty.
>>
>>17291483
No dicknuts. She goes out every day in my backyard. I walk her around the neighborhood for exercise like twice a week.
>>
>>17293195
Yeah that's true. Some sgt got all mad when I didn't call at ease for him when I was covering for a runner in another building. Like look at all the fucks I give sgt I'm getting out in two months
>>
>>17280852
do they look like transparent daddy longleg spiders to you? cause thats all i can really describe them as
>>
Armyfag here. Longest I've gone in a single stretch is 84 hours. But going 24-36 hours then getting 2-3 hours of sleep before going another 24-36 hours before getting another couple hours of sleep, etc. Is not unusual. It's surprising how little sleep you need to operate once you get used to it.
When I'm in garrison and am home every night, I need a minimum of 5 or 6 hours to feel rested, but on Exercise/Operation, getting even a couple hours when I can is enough to keep me going.
>>
>>17287674
>>17286151
>eat the ramen
>dont eat the rame
>is there even ramen?
>what is life?
>what is love?
>baby dont hurt me
>???
>profit?
>>
>>17280044
Give up.

That´s my goal.
>>
I went on a robotics competition last year that lasted 4 days and I only got a combined 8 hours of sleep. My job was to sit and manage our work area so i wasn't busy and was always sitting around.On the 3rd day with 4 hours, I could not focus on what i was doing. There was a 3 second delay between what was happening around me and when my mind registered it. I distinctly remember walking with my friend to get coffee across the building and i felt weightless almost. I didnt experience the visual hallucinations but I heard my name be called right behind me even though I was sitting in front of a wall. The whole thing was more trippy than anything.
>>
>>17286470
Yes. My story is real in a civilized country, first abolishing slavery and death penalty. Was a torture not sleeping for so long. They arrest me and I was always asking for help because maybe the in the hospital after a week I pledged to let me go there. They take me all I have and not in contact with outside.
I don't want to remember the nights I try to sleep with extreme anxiety.
I slept few hours during two months and I shouldn't share this story for nothing. The meds I take partially reduced the anxiety. But the rest was a shame for me.
I hope my story at least serves for something. I was a healthy guy and suddenly everything was terrible. One thing I learn is to untrust in sweet persons willing to help. Check brain tumor symptoms. Justice should be made.
Know whati I do now? spent some nights at the disco till totally exhausted. And sharing this story helps too.
I'm now on clonozepam and diplexil for the rest of my life. My doctors are nice guys. The hospital fails to diagnose before I went to a rehab or anon detox home.
>>
>>17286172
I didn't understand few things: why you weren't sleeping by two months? What happened with meds and curevand so on

I'm looking forward to this thread because I had a nervous breakdown once and then I almost couldn't sleep, maybe for some meds, maybe only for severe anxiety. So I experienced what other posters said: intrusive images, whispers, but not visible allucinations. Only doing things helped me out, I wasn't even tired at a point. Believe me or not grinding digimons was the best.
However, from time to time, even before I have headaches. The strange thing I noticed after medication was the misplacement of the ache, usually front or rear head, now on the left like very subtle, like something touching.
And I'm fucking afraid of doing a scan, it's the brain and I wouldn't my skull rip open and what not.
Any advice?
I heard a click during the breakdown, but it could have been anything.
>>
It was the vagus nerve sending adrenaline with the my heart beating like I was running. One psychiatrist said.
Meds dindnt work to calm down my heart beat (Xanax, seroquel, etc) and I had to obey those guys from AA, NA, criminals, addicted guys treating me like a criminal.
To mutch time ignoring and shit on me "like a dog" saying I was lying and force me do all the tasks while I was tired physically and psychological sick.
In few words. Forced.
I didn't leave that shit because I was scary to get even worst.
I could induce sleeping and I was scary of having nightmares.
At first I could do more than fifteenth minutes per day.
I just did the scan after all of this but the tumor was already settled.
I can forgive those guys running the "rehab clinic" too with one shoot :) (joking)
I'm now insisting like my doctor say.
I'm still a happy guy in "paradise" and I like dark too.

PS:
I experience kind of funny images overlaying my slightly double vision before the breakdown or whatever.
>>
>>17281334
It's because during nighttime, we're supposed to get rest and sleep. Hell, we even have dream to keep us asleep during the night.
>>
>>17286350
I'm saving this anon
>>
>>17289201
that happens to me sometimes when I'm drifting off to sleep or I'm really sick, I hear screaming in my head as I'm drifting off and then I snap out of it and everything's quiet
>>
well might be a god chance you will break your brain
>>
I don't know about you guys, but how do you drift into sleep ?

For me I have to slow down the "controlled" thought and let the wild ones take control until I lose consciousness.
>>
You can't get fucked up from sleep deprivation because your body and mind would've already forced you to sleep before that point. I realise after a day or so you stop feeling the tiredness but eventually something else creeps in and you just kinda shutdown. Done it years ago playing computer games for days at a time, there's absolutely no rational or positive reason to do it, any side effect are just your brain or nervous system or whatever being screwed because it all needs sleep. Don't do that to your body and mind, be good to them.
>>
>>17286490
kek
>>
File: ALARM.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
ALARM.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>17298957
MODS WE NEED YOU
>>
>>17286951
you are definitely going to fall asleep in the guest room

you went there because your body is naturally seeking a place of refuge to hibernate, that;s why you thought the other room was too open
>>
Read about fatal familial insomnia.
>>
File: awyis.gif (1MB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
awyis.gif
1MB, 356x200px
>>17298957
>>
File: O.gif (29KB, 217x200px) Image search: [Google]
O.gif
29KB, 217x200px
>>17298957
sfw board lol
>>
File: AH.jpg (89KB, 408x408px)
AH.jpg
89KB, 408x408px
>>17299533
>>
File: AAAAAAA.gif (19KB, 486x311px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAA.gif
19KB, 486x311px
>>17298957
>>
Bad topic.
>>
>>17300365
why is bad?
sleep deprivation could easily lead to hallucinations and ''paranormal'' experiences wich is... all this board is about
>>
>>17280044
Nigga I start to have auditory hallucinations after about 20 hours awake and visual after 36. How can you make it 5 days before your brain gets fucky?
>>
Didn't this guy do it on an old radio show? If I remember correctly he became irate for the rest of his life and it ruined his career and marriage
>>
>>17301514
hallucinations ≠ paranormal experiences

two totally different things, though some people on this board would argue otherwise
>>
>>17303195
while is true dat hallucinations are not a paranormal thing, HUGE part of /x/ is about them, just look at the topics of shrooms/lsd and pple asking all sort of experience regarding em, but oh well enough offtopic lets back to no sleep shall we?
>>
File: 1454278875535.png (196KB, 336x342px) Image search: [Google]
1454278875535.png
196KB, 336x342px
Stayed up for 4 days once
Started seeing demons walk around outside my window and hearing about my friends being dead on the TV
Shit was spooky
>>
ITT: people who think their current state of being and short term anecdotal evidences prove that not getting a significant amount of sleep isn't a big deal.

It's absolutely horrid for nearly every major organ and your mental state, regardless if your stupid ass feels "fine".
>>
Growing up military brat i heard about lots of situations where soldiers had to stay awake for a week or more. When a friend of mine got out of the service he wanted to go do some things, so we went non stop through several states for 9 days to take care of his personal business. I was in my early 20s then and probably could not do it now but half that would be easy.

Civilians live such soft and cozy lives.
>>
>>17286010

maybe he's just getting sleep deprived. I have a very hard time speaking my second language when I haven't slept and will often just default to French
>>
File: 29coffee.jpg (43KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
29coffee.jpg
43KB, 800x600px
>>
>>17290166
Are you a druid?
>>
>>17280226
Same thing happens when you trip on diphenhydramine. Auditory and visual hallucinations are also an effect. First time I did it I freaked out because I thought there were little spiders everywhere, and I could have sworn I heard my friend talking to me but whenever I asked he said he didn't say anything.
It spoopy.
>>
>>17280044
You can die of exhaustion idget
>>
>>17280044
the body carries out specific auto anomic functions when you sleep for about 2 hours or more during REM state sleep

these include regeneration and some "purification" processes

long term if you have a injury could be made worse since if your awake your probably going to move around

mentally long term sleep deprivation can cause personality changes. theoretically its from the sub conscious not being able to dump data on the conscious mind to long and you sort of get a "memory leak" issue but its not digital its analog
>>
File: gak.jpg (124KB, 721x463px) Image search: [Google]
gak.jpg
124KB, 721x463px
>>17307719
>>
>>17286039
Sorry anon that sucks. I had sleep apneoa due to breaking my nose and not being able to breathe out of it and having massive tonsils (had surgery and am fine now) but no matter how much I slept it felt like I was never rested. I would also get light headed and dizzy.
I would get nightmares or suffocating and being choked and strangled.
It was fucking terrible.
>>
>>17286166
I know your pain. It's also made me fat too.
I feel like a robot.
>>
>>17307812
Dont post that in the no sleep thread!

Everyone will be jealous.
>>
Made if 5 full days with the help of amphetamines. Shit starts to get weird. When you close your eyes and see all sorts of colors, I could see those colors with my eyes open.
>>
>>17280044
Last time I did something like this I saw a figure similar to the "Hat Man" and since then anytime I get bad anxiety I start seeing him again.
>>
god wtf people. you can't have hallucinations at 48 hours, that's only the threshold for audio hallucinations, you can't see shadows or stuff yet and some of you people have never even stayed up for that long?

When i was 16 this one summer I stayed up for 104 hours (this was with copious amounts of energy drinks though) I didn't really have any hallucinations at any point i was just really tired. like really really tired. but i had insomnia anyway so i guess it just didn't phase me

best of luck to you op
>>
>>17310442
keep in mind you're talking to a bunch of role-players that want just to keep their faggotry going on, i have been awake for a maximum of 60 hours cuz the ocassion demanded and been not feeling anything beyond have a solid sleep when innactive.
>>
>>17311696
Not feeling anything beyond wanting to have a solid sleep when innactive*
>>
>>17280044
How would you even go about staying awake that long? When I'm tired, just sitting down puts me at risk of falling asleep.
>>
File: jack.jpg (16KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
jack.jpg
16KB, 300x225px
OP here.

It has been my dream ever since I laid eyes upon Jack. To taste him, to come on in close and absorb him. I cannot get to him, as he has closed himself to the tantalizing possibilities of man on man love, so I will have to absorb the closest taste of his available to me: his sauce.

And since I cannot have him, I will destroy my life in a moment of complete absorbtion in him.

I wish to sniff his hat, lick the skin perennially covered by his ring, nibble at the globules of congealed juice, American cheese, and jello powder mix caked upon his ring, gargle my Ja/ck/ed saliva, and spit it into the mouth of the King. I have so many wishes, so many visions, but they are to be denied. Thus I will deny life, and enter my Inner Jacktum, casting off my fleshly prison and etherically entering into complete erotic harmony with Jack.
>>
>>17312314
Godspeed, Anon...Godspeed.
>>
>>17312314
I like you.
>>
>>17312314
I like pepper jack cheese too
>>
>>17312314
So OP was a fag all the time? LMAO
>>
>>17307787
>diph
>not even once
>>
>>17280066
>I started sleeping less and less
Ya, that's because you're dying you idiot.

All that stress is going to kill you 30-50 years earlier than it should. You also are probably getting little time to actually enjoy yourself anymore, so add on another ten years.
>>
Never truly experienced sleep deprivation, but isolation mixed with sound deprivation is real.

I used to work at Wal-Mart in the Frozen/Dairy section. For those of you who don't know, this means that 6 of my 8 hours a day were spent in a large cooler room, with no noise but the ambient sound of fans circulating cool air, and usually I worked alone. Sure, I could pop out and go on the floor, but I hated helping the people. I could also peer through the openings behind the milk and yogurt and shit (the whole row, from the cheese, to the yogurt, to the milk and juice is covered y the room. And trust me, I scared my fair share of people like this), but it only does so much. So anyways, I spent on average 6 hours a day, (sometimes fewer on shorter shifts) inside a lonely, cold, white noise-filled room, roughly 40' by 15' if I had to give off-hand dimensions. Now, let me paint a picture. The room is wall to wall covered in diamond plate metal, the kind with the textured diamond shapes. No reflection, no color, just metal. Next, the room was inconsistently filled with 10ft tall pallets, about 5'x5' in size, littering the room with pillars of milk and yogurt and such. Lots of nooks, lots of sharp corners; a maze in the cold, kinda like the hedge maze at the end of The Shining. This constant isolation, lack of sound, and no real interaction with anyone or anything, lead to my fair share of darting shadows and disembodied voices. On many occasions, I would see shadows in my peripherals, sometimes one after the other. I would sometimes hear the noises of the latched door opening, only to no sound of someone walking past the rubber flaps. I grew paranoid, often hiding from the noises or shadows. I scared myself countless times at the shadows dancing just out of view. Sometimes I thought I heard voices just on the other side of pallets, even when I knew I was alone. Even though the room was well lit, there was always an eerie sense of being blind to something.
>>
I went around 65 hours once due to a really crazy job that I worked. Without getting into the details, January was an insane month for this job and because of the demand, the company was totally cool with extreme overtime because of the demand and the utter lack of capable manpower available. I did a 15 hour job, went home, got high and bullshitted with my friends who worked with me, went to another job about three hours later, worked so many hours, repeat. By the third day I was experiencing mostly whimsicallness/slap-happyness. Everything was extremely funny and it was hard to concentrate without laughing at everything. At one point I was sitting on the floor and when I stood up, I got extremely light-headed and for about ten seconds, I had absolutely no clue where or when I was. I miss that job in a way, the January paychecks exceeded $2000 at times.
>>
>>17312821
There were a couple of occasions where I'd hear the door latch open when looking straight at it. There was a second door, down a narrow stretch that covered the yogurt and cheese, but it was rarely used as it was smaller and often got in the way of the walkway in the backroom outside the cooler when opened. It was usually an exit more than an entrance. I would sometimes hear a noise, or see those shadows, and walk down that narrow stretch to avoid any corners or walls for shadows to jump from, and I would get that sense that I was being followed, or moreover, chased. I grew so paranoid, that on multiple occasions, I ran from one side to the other just to get out of the cooler. I would often wander to other departments just to get human contact.

However, this was only one part of it. The true isolation only occurs when the temperature drops below zero. There is also the second half of the Frozen/Dairy section, which is the Frozen section. There lies, behind an adjacent set of doors, a freezer, about 15' by 25', just a long narrow walkway, sometimes filled with those same tall pallets, ut much much colder. Which as you know, when the temperature drops, so does the sound. Aside from the fans, which only came on when the temperature rose above a few degree threshold (usually by opening the door), it was dead quiet. 0 degrees Fahrenheit, and silent. That is as surreal as it is scary. At the end of that freezer, however, was the sub-zero freezer, where ice cream was contained. It was a small, less-than-well lit room, maybe 10' by 15' at best, kept at a nice -20 degrees Fahrenheit, with even less tendency for the fans to turn on. The room had maybe 3 fluorescent lights in it. The door could be closed behind you, because there was a latch on both sides. But closing that door behind you would have been a mental mistake. You obviously couldn't stay in there long, but you had to go in there sometimes, and sometimes to inventory for a bit.
>>
>>17312869
When you combine extreme cold, with extreme isolation, sound deprivation, and in many cases when I worked there, a lack of adequate sleep, you felt like it was the end of the earth. Going in that room was like a lock on your soul. I spent as little time in there as possible. There were no voices, no dancing shadows, but the feeling of being not only detached from contact, but locked out from it and frozen in isolation, was unbearable. Needless to say, I spent as few minutes in there as possible.
>>
>>17312852
$2000 for a month of work is pretty shit pay. Even for 2 weeks it's just average
Thread posts: 255
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.