[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't you think it was strange that you were born a human?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8

File: 1565950.jpg (921KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1565950.jpg
921KB, 1920x1080px
Of all the trillions of insects, bacteria, animals you could've been born as, you were born as a human. The most amazing and creative animal on the planet.

If we only have one life, then aren't we some of the most lucky beings in existence?

Aren't you thankful that your one chance at life was as a human?
>>
Reincarnation, cycle of life, so on and so on.
>>
>>17265012
I suppose we are, thanks OP you made my insignificant life moderately better.
>>
>Of all the trillions of insects, bacteria, animals you could've been born as, you were born as a human.
>you could've been born as

What kind of weird roulette wheel birthing process goes on at the planet you're from?
>>
>tfw you could have been born as an insect and been swallowed whole and digested by a qtpi
>tfw you will never be a qtpi's poop
A harsh universe indeed.
>>
>>17265012
why should I be thankful for that?

Who am I thanking?
>>
>>17265098
God.
>>
are you fucking fucking?
there are no consoles that support bacteria or animal gameplay. so yeah of course you are born as a human, thats the game.
>>
Oh yes, So thankful for being human. Thankful for cancer. Thankful for polio. Thankful for war. Thankful for third world countries steeped in famine and disease. Thankful for torture and rape. Thankful for serial killers. Thankful for cooked cops who shoot naked and unarmed people. I'm very thankful for being a hemophiliac. I'm thankful for the guilt that I feel because I must keep my dogs in a kennel instead of letting them in my house because my folks want to keep it clean of dog hair. I'm thankful for the ability to experience sympathy and empathy for all those other lucky people who were born human who live in conditions that make them pray for a quick and painless death every day. For children born with AIDS/HIV and other incurable diseases. For those that die of starvation. And that on a planet of nearly seven billion people that my life compared to all of this must certainly have some sort of meaning. That despite all the odds my actions while I am on this planet will in some way have a great and positive impact on the whole of the human race.

Yes...I'm so very thankful to be born a human.
>>
>>17265012
>Of all the trillions of insects, bacteria, animals you could've been born as
That isn't how reproduction works
>>
File: 18182814812.jpg (38KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
18182814812.jpg
38KB, 400x366px
>>17265153
>>
My karma must be exceptionally awesome to be born who are what i am.
>>
>>17265102
If it was God's will, then there was no probability involved

I was always going to be born a human.
>>
>>17265178
>said anon, as he spent his weekend browsing 4chan
>>
>>17265184
at least i have the freedom to browse 4chan on a weekend
>>
>>17265178
I know right?

Thank Buddha I wasn't born a nigger
>>
>>17265043
For the sake of argument lets call it chance. Of course you were human from the start, but think of all those who weren't.
>>
>>17265220
How do you know they aren't perfectly content being insects or bacteria?

Maybe the bacteria is happy that they weren't born a human, because they would have to deal with smug dickholes like you all day.
>>
>>17265238
Probably one of the most reddit-tier opinions I've ever read, well done.

I'm sure the bacteria loves being bacteria, merely for the fact they cannot comprehend life not being bacteria. However, for beings who can conceptualise what life might be like as other life forms, its not unreasonable to try and make value judgements.

As good as my life is being a human, I can absolutely imagine a better existence not being human. Although no animal has persuaded me thus far. Perhaps being a dolphin might not be too bad, but I certainly wouldn't choose it over being human.
>>
Each being thinks its human in their own perspective.
>>
>>17265293
>Probably one of the most reddit-tier opinions I've ever read
In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because I am smarter than a bacteria.
>>
>>17265197

>MFW I am a Niger

At least I got Mhu dick ,is not that bad once you accept it.
>>
>>17265012
>>
>>17265012
Maybe your train of reasoning is a little crooked OP.

How about this.

Don't you think it's strange that you were born in a first world country? Or maybe in a third world country yet still somehow able to access the internet and have weird different opinions and contemplations of life than others?

Of the 7 point something billions of human beings, you were born with adequate resources so as to build yourself a small world around a monitor, or at least to have the capacity to participate in the incredibly large social phenomena that is 4chan. You could've been born a malnourished child in the middle of the African desert, or a slumdwelling worker in Mumbai, but no, you're here, sitting in front of a monitor, contemplating life.

Isn't that strange?
>>
>>17265385
How many carbon atoms are there in the known universe?

Isn't it weird that couple of them happened to come together to make a meatblob that gets to sit around and post on 4chan?
>>
>>17265385
if I was born to different parents, I wouldn't be me.

There is only one set of circumstances that could have ever resulted in my genetic and experiential makeup
>>
>>17265418
>>17265400
Being alive and conscious is fucking weird, m8.
>>
>>17265012
Nah, the part that throws me off as that we're only chemical reactions. At what point does this chemical reaction determine it's alive versus when it's dead? If the only thing that determines my life is how long the chemical reactions with my body can be substained at a rate in which I can process thought, then how did I come to be? Will I ever come to be again? Will even a fraction of me, some billions of years later, come together and form another guy who is just as uncertain or confused? Or will it never be that way? Will the trillions of atoms within me separate, be consumed, and fly around the galaxy? Will this form, these connections, only be temporary? Will there never be a single more chemical reaction involving the majority of these cells anymore after they are all gone?

No, this ain't my one life. Everything flows and moves. My consciousness may die, (Dear god I hope it fucking doesn't, and I may react to stimuli forever. That's all I want) but even if that is the case, then at least in doing so it will breath new life.

Truly, there is something to it all. Maybe heaven? Maybe a big room of souls that we just shuffle and take out and shove into random beings? Whatever the case, the chemical reactions had to start somewhere, a 'Point Zero' a point in which was so amazing that it resulted in life..

But it also means at one point, it will all stop. It will result in darkness, deep and crammed into one small energy forever. Life of this universe is brief, it is fleeting. We are but a bunch of cells in a much larger organism, and one day it will die and experience the same phenomenon we have.
>>
That is not how reincarnation works
>>
I'd rather be an animal than be black desu. At least people have respect towards dogs and cats. Everyone hates me for my skin color.

fuck my life...
>>
File: think about it.jpg (51KB, 550x397px) Image search: [Google]
think about it.jpg
51KB, 550x397px
>>17265507
Hey, maybe reincarnation is real.
>>
>>17265506
No, it's how logic works.
>>
>>17265385
Or understand what the difference is?
>>
>>17265153
Jesus Christ dude just go kill yourself and get it over with
>>
>>17265473
You think like me. Now we can go crazy thinking about shit together.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one.
I've been so tired.
>>
>>17265711
Heck, I'm down for that kind of thought. I always assumed similar, but I'm.. relieved, I guess, to at least not be the only one feeling in the dark. I hope you find the answers,even if I can't.
>>
>>17265012
Not really. I mean yes we are humans, the dominant species on this planet but think of other alien species and what they could be, what they could have.

Some could have the ability to trek across the universe by bending the fabric of space, witness supernovas with their eyes(from a large distance of course), some could even be inter dimensional and be so advanced that we would perceive them as gods, some could be so terrifyingly inhuman that they could resemble creatures straight out of HP Lovecraft.

Maybe entire sectors of specific galaxies could be inter connected and there could be galactic cultural epicenters like Paris, but more mindbogglingly beautiful. Magnificent futurama esque societies where multiple races coexist peacefully with each other. Imagine space fauna, drugs, minerals, women that would be unparalleled to what we have here on earth.

Some could even have created entire virtual reality Utopian paradises that could be so utterly divine it would be completely unfathomable to humans.

I mean we're lucky for beings on earth but could you imagine how other races lives must be? We're both extremely lucky and unlucky at the same time.
>>
>>17265507
Dude i'm black too and I don't hate it but then again i'm extremely attractive so it kind of balances out. Sorry dude, it'll get better hopefully.
>>
>>17265012
>Don't you think it was strange that you were born a human?
Yes, every goddamn day. Every. Goddamn. Day.
>>
>>17265012
I'd imagine you can be born all those things but they have puny insignificant existences - some don't even make a few days. The question is if reincarnation needs a different Universe for you to be born in or it just does whatever. You can be thrown back into the same Universe as you died in as a bug...?!
>>
File: image.png (665KB, 1280x4508px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
665KB, 1280x4508px
If this doesn't convince you something unseen is at work in the universe, nothing will.
>>
>>17267656
Not understanding how odds work wouldn't convince me.
>>
>>17267688
I see, this must be why you're a soulless neckbeard.
>[tipping intensifies]
>>
>>17267698
First off, if the odds were 0 then that means you have to be born because the larger the number the less likely something is to happen.

Also, you can't really start at a positive then make the case that what lead to the positive with the explanation of it claiming this is impossible, yet it happened as described. That doesn't make sense.

And finally, if that infographic wanted to puzzle you about the odds of being born, why not start with the mother, rather than the father? You're always with your father as the sperm. What would have happened if your mother didn't exist? Where would your incubation have taken place?!
>>
I do actually think about this a lot.
It makes me ponder the meaning of the soul, and consciousness.
Why is it that my consciousness exists in my body? What if a different sperm had reached the egg, or a different egg had been fertilized, would it still have been my consciousness, or would the entirety of what I know of as 'self' be nonexistant.
How many personalities, different people, could have existed in my place, and what would they have done differently?
It's hard to think about, because eventually you come to the conclusion that your soul is just a construct, and that you exist as you are now, and when you die, you will stop.
But,
I read this really really interesting short story by Andy Weir (author of the martian), called The Egg.
It was an idea that I thought of the first time after I'd heard about the big bang (and when I thought that with every big bang, there was a big crunch, and it cycled). I thought that it would be interesting if every time the universe crunched, you lived a different persons life, until you'd lived all of them.
It's an interesting idea, although I certainly hadn't really thought about it much further than that initial thought, but I recommend the story to everyone, especially to you /x/ealites.
>>
>>17265102
I'm a satanist, but thanks for offering.
>>
>>17267794

The Egg goes along with the theory I have about life and God. What we call God is simply all of consciousness. All of existence witnessing itself in an infinite amount of lifeforms. You, me, everyone, is from the same source, and that goes for all life forms. If there really is a God, the definition requires it be omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, so it falls to reason that all of life is a small particle of God.

The only alternative is floating in all of nothingness for all of eternity bound in singularity and all knowingness, this I think is what we know as the big bang, God exploding itself out into infinity to escape the painful lonesomeness that comes from being literally the only thing that exists.

Humans use the creation of arts to express themselves, while God uses the creation of universes to express itself.

I hope this makes sense.
>>
>>17267852
It does
I don't agree with you, but it does.
I don't actually believe that The Egg is how the universe actually functions (although I did one time have a really vivid dream about reincarnation), and I think that although I would love to have some fancy happy reason that I exist, I've come to believe that we're here because we're here, and for no reason excepting.
>>
>>17267869

I used to think like that too, but after digesting the various existential theories that I've encountered in life, it seems more logical to me that there is varying levels of consciousness in the universe as there is on Earth. This would mean there is a pinnacle level of consciousness, of which the best word we have to describe is God and that this energy or soul or whatever word you want to use for the force that animates the matter we interact with in this physical reality comes from this pinnacle form of awareness.

Although, if I'm being honest with myself, I have to say that I really don't know. I'm agnostic at my core because I know we only have our limited senses and catalog of individual experiences to rely on for our interpretation of what this reality truly is so really it makes most sense to me to just admit that I am bathed in vast ignorance and the best I can do is build myself up in knowledge and ability for the sole purpose of assisting other members of my race to do the same.
>>
>>17267891
I don't really see how that's a logical conclusion to come to.
It's the same logical fallacy as "a watch can't exist without a watchmaker, therefore the universe can't exist without a creator."
It makes an assumption by drawing a false comparison between two things, based solely on ones own experience with one thing.
>>
There are only a certain amount of souls to go around. As more and more species go extinct, more humans are born.
>>
>>17267925

If there is a hierarchy of levels of sentience on Earth, from microbes to humans, why would that spectrum of consciousness be limited to terrestrial lifeforms? I think there is a purpose to evolution and that purpose is the perfection of the vessel that allows the intake and processing of sensory stimulus and the ability to manipulate the reality that this stimulus is coming from. But like I said, I really don't know man, it just makes the most sense to me.

Up until a mushroom trip I had earlier in 2015, I believed consciousness was limited to physical lifeforms, but felt an almost tangible presence with me while I was alone in my room experiencing the chemical process of digesting the psilocybin in my body feeding me visions and theories about what this reality may be.

I would be willing to write it off as JUST a chemical process and hallucinations, although based on my own experience (which is the only thing we really have) I'm just more inclined to believe that awareness can exist without a physical vessel and that there is a hierarchy of consciousness that can exist in an infinite amount of forms.

I have to punctuate all of this with saying that I don't fucking know though, I just love talking about this sort of thing and getting other people's perspective on it.
>>
The Council of Thuban -- a benevolent dragon race/hivemind that resides in the 12th dimension supposedly state that all lifeforms are humans at one point -- and that actually all 3D+ beings are in the class of humans, as humans -- even "dragons" -- so they, among the highest of this universe, bestow the fact or assertion that humans are the highest evolutionary grade of biological and metaphysical beings.

Plus The Andromeda Council is based.
>>
>>17267959
But you have to realize that sentience is a property of evolution. It has arisen on its own completely randomly, not through some cosmic existence of the concept. You presume that consciousness exists everywhere because you have no physical way to comprehend what a lack of consciousness is like. It's you projecting your own traits onto things that are incomparable in their very nature. It's the entire reason that the idea of sentimentality exists, and we've observed it to be completely psychological. People with no emotional center don't think that way, and don't personify objects. People with certain types of autism, with more active emotional centers, do it far more. If there really were some kind of all ever present spectrum of consciousness as you describe, then forming connections and personifying things would be a thing that every human, animal, and, I don't know, 4 dimensional superbeing, would do unconditionally.
>>
>>17267992

The only thing that I said that implies that I believe that consciousness is NOT a direct product of evolution and the shaping of a lifeforms based on their environment and natural selection is when I experienced the feeling of a presence while I was on psychedelic mushrooms and I already said that I'd be willing to believe it was a symptom of the chemicals my body and thus senses were in the process of digesting.

The main point I really want to make about sentience is that from what we know just based on the history of biology and evolution that we've gathered on Earth, the environment shapes life based on survival of the fittest, and intelligence, the ability to absorb stimulus and manipulate the reality that this stimulus is originating, is the best adaptive feature that we know of for ensuring survival. I just believe this is a step in evolution that is like a firewall for shaping life into the direction of intelligence, and ultimately, a higher form of consciousness, which I believe is happening on trillions of other planets and perhaps culminating into a form that is beyond the three dimensional world that we are limited to knowing.
>>
>>17268016
Evolution has halted for Humans, and natural selection no longer has an effect.
>>
>>17268029

Yeah, I actually kind of agree with that in a way. We're at the point where there's no need for the environment to have any effect on our evolution. Culture has taken it's place. Our physical form will no longer be shaped by the need to survive in our environment because we get our food from supermarkets, must exercise in artificial environments just to stay healthy, medical advances keeping us alive much longer than our form is intended to, all that sort of thing. Although, I have hope that if we're smart enough to shape our culture in the direction of gaining of knowledge and developing our compassion, we can shape ourselves into something better in the future.

Or at least give birth to an AI that can achieve what we as a species cannot, e.i. peace, space exploration, the discovery of all truth while putting our final generations of humans to sleep with comfort, as a child who cares for their parent does in their twilight years.
>>
>>17268029
>>17268058

Although regardless, the fate of humanity in particular is irrelevant to the theory I've presented.
>>
File: bill-lord-of-mosquitoes.jpg (36KB, 354x354px) Image search: [Google]
bill-lord-of-mosquitoes.jpg
36KB, 354x354px
I dunno, man. Here is what we could have instead.
> incarnate on a mosquito
> just fly around and bite people, never worry about anything, don't feel pain due to small biology, have a really quick lifespan, die before flying begins to stress or bore you
> incarnate on a rock
> live a life of perfect stillness, nothing but being chill
>>
>>17265385
it is quite remarkable.
>>
>>17265338
Go tell that to a chicken in a battery farm
>>
Feels.
>>
>lucky
We are easily the species that experiences the most pain in their lives.
>>
File: 1453437022126-4.jpg (18KB, 236x337px) Image search: [Google]
1453437022126-4.jpg
18KB, 236x337px
>>17267805
>satan comes from the bible, so must believe in a god to believe in satan.
>nice try Henry
>>
>>17267631
No, it's just time travel. Nothing special there. Parallel worlds are permitted on occasion, but it's not as simple as "everyone has the same rights."
>>
>>17267656
That image is a threat to every time traveler who sees it. Should that image ever move through time, I will personally see to it that such "threats" never see the light of day again.
>>
>>17267698
Failed sponsorships are the result of density wars. You just declared war on humanity for the factions that sponsor you.
>>
>>17267688
>>17267752
Requesting confirmation on samefag. Temporal threat is active.
>>
>>17265012

almost had me

it's an attractive line of thought
>>
>>17265365
Then flourish in silence.
>>
>>17265012
Speaking of which, we're the only species to have a mutation that caused a muscle in our head to become weaker. (Thus giving our brains the ability to develop advanced speech and other abilities.)

Why only us?

Why aren't there types of dogs that can develop human-like speech?

Cats?

Lions?

Horses?

I want to debate a dog on the meaning of life and then when I lose call him a falucking faggot and hope he understands it
>>
>>17265348
>literally how humanity feels
>>
>>17265293

i want to be a computer
>>
>>17265179
Then god is a purely probabilistic organism.
>>
File: 1453550707714.webm (2MB, 1319x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1453550707714.webm
2MB, 1319x1080px
>>17265385

must be a conspiracy
>>
>>17265153
>So thankful for being human. Thankful for cancer. Thankful for polio. Thankful for war.
You survived all three of those yourself? Because I can't accept the testimony of white knights. It's one of the most virulently shitty methods of gaming history as it is; your argument in principle might as well be its own declaration of war on your very sponsors themselves.
>>
>>17265012
>your one chance at life
Die, OP's faction.
>>
>>17265012
>File: 1565950.jpg (921 KB, 1920x1080)
Requesting trace on pic unrelated. Threat is active.

Non-original purpose.
>>
Confirming that the following posts are samefag:
>>17269109
>>17269142
(metegaming:)
>>17269150
>>
>>17265043
I don't think you understand the OP. Why are we conscious as a human being out of the trillions and trillions of other animals on the planet? The chances are miniscule.
>>
>>17266132
you're probably not that attractive, you just think you are because you're black and as we know a lot of niggers suffer from god complex
>>
>>17269191
Shut up before I fuck you with my god dick
>>
>>17269191
This is /x/. /pol/ is the other way.
>>
>>17269191
Lol, no I am. That's an awful lot of projecting anon ;)

I'm sorry you're unattractive anon, it's not my fault. Don't hate me. Hate your genetics.
>>
This thread is dumb. Pls sage
>>
I had a similar line of thought once when I was maybe 5 years old.

The reality is I'm a product of my fathers sperm and my mothers egg. There is no way I could have been born an insect or a fish.

If I wasn't to be born as me, I wasn't to be born or experience life at al
>>
>>17265012
Luck, frankly, has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>17269550
it's cause niggers are from space
>>
>>17265012
>Don't you think it was strange that you were born a human?
Not as much as I find it strange that you'd think it was your job to make people feel thankful for what no "god" ever actually intended. Don't take credit for shit you didn't do or won't ever intend to or have any method of ever doing.
>>
>>17269550
Its okay everyone hates niggers
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.