[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sufi interested in Qabbalah

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 62027f65jw1e1cx4fndgcj.jpg (133KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
62027f65jw1e1cx4fndgcj.jpg
133KB, 600x450px
Raised in a sufi household, mysticism has never been far away from my daily life.

I've read many of the eastern religions principles and philosophies about the foundations of existance, but one thing i've came across is Qabbalah.
For some reason, it seems to be extremly complicated and hard to understand for someone who isn't born and raised in a jewish home.

What fascinates me is the tree of life, i've had all sephrims explained as an "expression" of the creator, but more concrete, how would you explain the tree of life?

Any resources? Anyone who practises qabbalah?

Greatly appreciate any help!
>>
I want to show you something just wait a second my friend.
>>
>>17264409
Well start by watching this
https://youtu.be/U4gVl4XHoLg

Also i'm interested in Sufism if you have some ressources and easy reading stuff.
>>
File: nebel.png (2MB, 1000x3150px) Image search: [Google]
nebel.png
2MB, 1000x3150px
Here it is. I feel like i painted it for you OP. Hope you can take something home.
>>
>>17264409

http://www.angelarium.net/treeoflife/

The best possible artistic representations of the Sephirot I ever did see.

This...this is perhaps inappropriate and slightly blasphemous depending on your religious mores.
>>
>>17264443
Truly great. Thanks for sharing
>>
File: ladda ned.jpg (11KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
ladda ned.jpg
11KB, 190x265px
>>17264425

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0WcsqSDU7U

Is a very good starting point. Aside from that, it's basically asceticism that aims to increase ones closeness to God. The whirling is a manifestation and salat to God by uniting in harmony with the ever-swirvling universe.

My interpretation is that if someone asks if you get dizzy from swirvling, tell them that you're swirvling in harmony with God and all.
It's standing still that makes you dizzy, when the world and everything from atoms to the astral objects around us spins.

Sufisms ideals can be extracted from Islam, but if you say you are a sufi, you're basically a muslim, because the very foundations of tasawwuf is based on Islam.

And vice versa

>>17264440
Wow. Just wow, that is very beautiful.. Just downloaded, did you create this?
God created us, according to christians, in his own image.
His own image, as creators and authors of art?

>>17264443
Thank you my friend!
>>
>>17264470
I created it as i was in your position first trying to wrap my head around this all. I worked on it for more than 1 year the original size is much larger. Sadly i have only work in progress data of this left because of a broken computer. However i feel there was too much of my head involved in this one anyway so im not sad its gone. The next one will be better i will show it here.

Qabala from my perceiption is a human made concept to draw conclusion to other wordly things in general. You don't see numbers in nature they are represantational for abstract concepts in qabala. From my understanding god isn't comprehendable/reachable from a qabbalistic point of view since "he" is the ain-soph. uncreated. has to be uncreated. cause if god was created he wouldn't be god. reach for perfection and you will attain mastership. i can't say i know very much about it after all though. its very very deep and complicated and sometimes its better to just let it go for a while. one can really go insane studying this be careful my friend
>>
>>17264470
you must know rumi if you're raised in a sufi household. i recommend reading him he has some real wisdom.
>>
File: heart-with-wings33.jpg (24KB, 450x150px) Image search: [Google]
heart-with-wings33.jpg
24KB, 450x150px
>>17264534
Ofcourse i know him, i love al hallaj alot aswell. He has some really deep and good connections and really interprates all abrahamitic religions in a unique way.

>>17264504
Thank you for your explanation.. It becomes a little clearer, that He is an abstract concept, and idea of the source of everything. I guess that's where the crown comes from, the ultimate singularity?

We see alot of this division in the two stems of the tree in zoroastrianism aswell..
>>
>>17264592
Yes source of everything is perfect i think.
The thing is there is so many different views of qabala. Every source you find will have slightly different approaches although they all have the same basic concept. You must find your "own qabala" if you understand what i mean. learn, read but also ask yourself and feel in yourself what is truth and what isn't.

"You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the ocean in a drop."
>>
I mean just think about how we write Qabala

Kabalah
Kabbala
Qabala
Qabalah
Qabbalah
Kabballah

And none of that is the orignal. You see?
>>
>>17264663
Qabalah is the original spelling, slightly altered from QBLH. It is the original Receptus, from which the corpus of knowledge is derived.

Cabalah is a way to spell the word if you mean a Christianized/Hermetic variety of Qabalah.

Kabbalah is bastardized and often used to spell the word by people who don't know better.
>>
>>17264692
>>17264663

You two need to quit SQuablalalalhahahing.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.