[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I magic x?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1441072138645.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1441072138645.gif
1MB, 320x180px
Whenever I'm listening to music and I think about the song I want to hear next, 99% of the time that very same song is the song that plays next...Am I gifted, /x/?
In all seriousness, that is true but I'm convinced that's coincidence. However, I do notice odd things that happen with me.

I have an unusually strong sense of intuition/foresight. I predict a lot of what happens before it happens. Nothing big, just things people do or say. Mostly it's during a conversation, it's like I know what they're going to say before they say it. It's pretty great, considering I'm a very argumentative person, and it plays to my advantage a lot. I've mapped out whole conversations in my head and it's almost always exactly the same as it was in my head.

I can usually tell when something isn't right. I don't know how to explain it, but if someone is talking about me, or someone I know, I almost instantly pick up on it. If they try to say it's someone else, I can usually detect it. It's weird.

Am I just good at reading facial expressions and body language, or am I a special snowflake, /x/?
>>
>>17261627
Seems like you have learned to take full advantage of your subconcious.

You should also take up chess, sounds like you'd be extremely good at it.
>>
Alright faggot, what number am I thinking of?
>>
>>172616327
If he actually tries to apply this to something that demands results and demonstrates success or failure and leaves no room for cherry-picking, the illusion is up.
>>
>>17261627
What >>17261632 says. Metaphysically speaking it sounds like psychic abilities. However it's not that unique. Go to Monroe Institute's website. Good info there.
>>
>>17261632
Hmmm, so you're saying I'm subconsciously using my subconscious?

>>17261636
Come on faggot, we both know it's 69.

>>17261642
Speaking of it does make it sound like psychic abilities, but I'm kind of skeptical about that stuff, however I am a believer of the paranormal. This stuff is just interesting to learn about. Thanks for the info, anon.
>>
Coincidence is the tool of balance
>>
>>17261642
I read a little bit of the Monroe Institute's page explaining what they're about. Something seems weird there. You know, something other than the damn near $2000 classes.
>>
>>17261647
Pretty much. Your subconcious can process information 100's of times quicker than your "waking" mind, and as such can draw conclusions in milliseconds that takes your concious mind several seconds to work out, often leading to things feeling "off" and giving you a gut instinct.
>>
>>17261663
I never knew that. Pretty interesting stuff. Is there any way to train, so to speak, your subconscious?
>>
>>17261675
It really is. The trick to operating your subconcious is a balance of concentration. You don't want to focus too much on something or you're concious mind will take over, yet focus too little and you ignore it completely. I've actually sought to train it myself and, believe it or not, one of the more effective methods was doing one of those word search things. You pick one of the words you're supposed to find and hold it in your mind as you glance over the jumble of letters in front of you. After a while, which becomes shorter as you get better, you'll feel yourself wanting to look in a specific area, indicating that your subconcious has found the word. Then, switch over to your concious mind and "manually" search the area until you find it. I'm not joking, I did this and got to the point where I could find words in just over a second each. I know it sounds kind of useless in this context, but practicing this can teach you how to feel when and what your subconcious is trying to communicate with you and then apply it to everyday life. Like I said, absolutely fascinating stuff.
>>
>>17261661
Yeah the prices are shit. Just glean what you can from the free sections. Also look up Robert Bruce's book Suddenly Psychic. It's an awesome guide.
>>
>>17261718
>>17261627
Idk about the music thing though. Although I had a friend who claimed the same thing, so idk that might be something you want to look into on your own

Also I just remembered there's a TV show called Brain Games that did a whole episode on the subconcious mind, watch it if you have the time.
>>
>>17261627
>Am I gifted, /x/?
No. Quite literally everyone has that ability. Whatever it is, it's not special in the least.
>>
you might be sensitive to electrical signals, if the machines you're using to play the music are already sending out signals typical of that song before it starts playing.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.