[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is bible different from any generic fiction books? If I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 23

File: images.jpg (5KB, 240x185px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 240x185px
How is bible different from any generic fiction books?

If I wrote down a book about "god" and how people should live just for lulz, will the people 1000 years from now treat it as another holy book?
>>
No.
>>
generally the Holy Spirit testifies to the validity of the Bible. also it has quite some publicity with mankind, and has been around for a very long time
>>
>>17253388
>>17253387
These
The bible is so popular because God has preserved his word.
There are people who try and corrupt it though
>>
File: 1421530058256s.jpg (54KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1421530058256s.jpg
54KB, 499x499px
Go ahead OP write a 'generic fiction' book that will sell as many copies as the Bible, it should be way easy for a genius like you.
>>
>>17253400
Bible sold good because its a meme book
>>
>>17253382
The bible is more of a historical text book not written like Harry Potter

Mathew mark Luke John etc are the names of the supposed people who wrote each gospel ( there are others which are not in the modern bible)

Op your question needs revising

It's written as an account of fact and like any historical text would need its text validated etc
>>
>>17253382
The judaic bible was written in a time when fiction was indistinguishable from mythology. It caught on as a social structure that emphasizes obedience to paternal influence and forbade the things that'd cause damage to their society in large amounts (trading/breeding outside tribe, homosexuality etc) and was then driven into the next generation by parents. 2 thousands years on and it's had to twist and morph to stay 'relevant' to a new world. So essentially is the scientology of the old world.
>>
>>17253382
I rate it as high as the myths of Plato, which is very high.
>>
>>17253382
Fucking fedora fags.
>>
This kind of book has to follow some guidelines to be 'holy':
>generic rules and obligations
>historical accounts of a people
>self-assertion of holiness that is without error
>altering the book will cause a curse to the sinner who attempts to change it
>follow a holy entity's personality, acts and relation to humanity -- a god(s), incarnation, etc

Have at it, OP
>>
>>17253382
Because its fiction disguised as fact. People understand the simplicity of an imaginary man who desires them to do good, because just generally doing what's right without some kind of reward is pointless.

Its the reason why the abrahamic religions persisted so strongly. They made the promise of eternal paradise in exchange for being good and built their whole belief around it. Adding an extreme punishment for being bad.

Most other mythologies failed because going to the good place was much harder and most everyone who died went to the same boring shit afterlife. In Christianity all you have to do is believe in Jesus and boom all sins are forgiven.
>>
File: 1452260461779s.jpg (5KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1452260461779s.jpg
5KB, 125x125px
>>17253642
>>17253707
Sorry guys, but you're just spewing up some vomit that someone else has said before.
If you look in your heart you will know the truth
>>
>>17253382
Talentless hacks have accomplished it before. Look at L Ron Hubbard.
>>
>>17253388
So basically the bible is valid because the bible says so?
>>
>>17253400
I bet if op sold his book for 2000 years and figured out a way for it to be in every room of every hotel, it would sell pretty good too.
>>
>>17253420
>and like any historical text would need its text validated etc
But the bible has not been validated.

>>17253721
>sticks fingers in east
>muh faith
>>
>>17253707
If you were an adherent of a more typical Mystery religion you had no particular reason to spread the word about your faith because it was a bit like a private club with truths that weren't for the average population. Additionally you had no particular reason to fight against other religions because there were many gods and so it was ok if somebody else did things differently.

Christianity also won out because its far more virulent and exclusionary. There was one god, and he had explicit rules about just about everything and anyone who didn't hold the exact correct beliefs was a heretic. Christianity first destroyed the more liberal philosophical faiths that had taken over the Roman empire and then set out on centuries of in fighting over whether their god was of one substance, or if Jesus had only appeared to suffer.
>>
>>17253721
>If you look in your heart you will know the truth

Funny doesn't the 2000 year old book tell you to do that though? Just believe hard enough and you'll be able to feel/hear things that aren't there? Nah you're a special snowflake.
>>
>>17253775
Pretty much.
>Christianity: God of love
Kill everyone who doesn't follow my rules.
>Islam: Religion of peace.
Kill everyone who doesn't conform to my rules.
>Judaism: We're special snowflakes.
No one else gets in except Jews.
>>
>>17253769
>Sticks fingers in ears
>I'll just believe the "intellectually superior" mindset because I have nothing else. Sorry bro, I've been there
>>17253778
Yeah, I guess you're right
>>
The reason the Bible stuck around is because during the time it was written, people were much more superstitious and ignorant.
>>
>>17253431
More accurate to say that it was compiled rather than written. Most of the books have been cobbled together from earlier sources rather than written by a single author at one time.

Even in the New Testament its clear that there were source books that we no longer have. Though one of the sources would have looked very similar to the Gospel of Thomas, generic sayings of Jesus or brief descriptions of actions he took without any larger narrative structure.
>>
>>17253797
With that mindset, you won't begin to seek it out
>>
>>17253818
Seek what out? Yahweh?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh

I assure you, my attitudes on this don't come from a lack of seeking knowledge on the subject. You need to be careful what you're looking for. You may not like what you find.
>>
File: 1452398653651.png (14KB, 220x300px) Image search: [Google]
1452398653651.png
14KB, 220x300px
>>
I can personally testify that the bible is the truth. I gave my life to Christ and repented my sins and He literally spoke to me. Now I don't know how to lead you to the light but I've devoted my life to trying to find some way to shepherd the lost like OP to Christ. He's the only one who can fill that void.
>>
>>17254058
Amen brother :)

I am happy for you
>>
>>17253830
Same goes for you brother

There's always a flip-side to the coin
>>
>>17253636

>I'll tell myself anyone who can think logically, critically, and brings up valid points probably wears a funny hat. That will help me sleep better at night.
>>
>>17254058

>he literally spoke to me

Schizo confirmed
>>
>>17253382
No. People much more intelligent than you have already tried.
>>
>>17253797
Fedoras everywhere!
>>
>>17254130

>Who is L. Ron Hubbard?

>Who is Joseph Smith?

Questions you should have asked yourself before you responded and subsequently, made yourself look like a horse's ass.
>>
>>17254115
He spoke to me too. Im not schizo

It's something you hear in your heart/soul
It's hard to explain
>>
>>17254153

That wasn't god, that was yourself.
>>
>>17254152
Neither book is at all comparable to the Bible in influence or as a historical reference. Both smith's and hubbard's books aren't taken seriously outside of their small minority of followers. They aren't analogous in any way.

Try again fuck face.
>>
>>17254103
I hate that the fedora meme got successfully hijacked by christfags.
>>
File: wat.jpg (6KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
6KB, 278x181px
>>17254177
>bible
>historical reference
>>
>>17253382
Well to be sure it's not nearly as well written or consistent. Multiple authors, giant time jumps, wildly varying writing styles and thematic material. It's not even an especially coherent collection or anthology.

So from a purely "prose" quality standard, terribly written. Of course, that wasn't the intention, so it gets a pass, but it definitely stands out as a difference!
>>
>>17254200
It's used in many secular universities as a non primary historical record you fucking dunce.

If were older than 15 you would understand that one can be euphoric and still the bible as a general historical record and/or collection of literature/myths that can give you historical/archeological/anthropological insight into the time...idiot.
>>
People often misjudge the bible and what it states it definitely is a holy book and to believe in Jesus Christ is a gateway into tapping into a true account of good and righteousness that you must possess in order to be a kind and successful human being. I don't think desecration of a good tool is necessarily correct when the less fortunate misinterpret meaning and the by product of that balloons into violence and stupidity. I'd just keep your mouth shut about all that and don't mess with people.
>>
>>17254159
I guess we just agree to disagree brotha mang

Believe it or notn Im not retarded and I know the difference between myself and the paranormal
>>
>>17254224
You are the one acting from the standpoint of idiocy it's why you are on this website.
>>
>>17254200
Yeah dude....it's literally a very important history document. The only thing that's really in dispute is Jesus...funny how that works out
>>
>>17254233
Worst and most self redacting logic I've ever heard

Congrats
>>
>>17254238
It's actually both hilarious and true
>>
>>17254224
I'm 31.

The bible has as many historical facts as Joseph smith's book, or any Greek mythology.

It's a collection of myths, not an historically accurate record.
>>
>>17254233
>avoids commenting in facts
>changes subject
>maximum deflect mode

Checkmate faggot.
>>
>>17254235
>The only thing that's really in dispute is Jesus.
Ok. You're posts can be safely disregarded.
>>
File: dodgethis.png (140KB, 603x176px) Image search: [Google]
dodgethis.png
140KB, 603x176px
>>17254240
its a collection of people who knew shit about reptilians, ex the diary of 12 ppl fighting reptilians

<not everyones reptilian knowledge is accurate, if you were a bullshitter and talking about jesus coming back to save us, or chrystals, or berenstein fuckin bears, you were banned from your memes being in the bible. lookin at u bible thumpers>
>>
>>17254242
>you're
Your
>>
>>17254240
Not objectively true in any way shape ir form. Smith is not widely studied across the world in secular academia.

You're just grasping at rhetorical straws now.
>>
>>17254224
I never never in my entire fucking history seen a "secular" or in fact ANY non-religious university history course use the Bible for any form of reference excepting only direct relationship to Christianity/Judaism/general anthropological theology.

It's not a history book and it's not meant to be one. Typically when something the Bible describes is discovered to have external verification, people are all, "holy shit, the Bible might have been accurate about this part!
>>
>>17254241
Wrong dude and get a haircut
>>
>>17254250
I'm not sure if you're just blatantly lying or just willfully ignorant.
>>
>>17254255
How about Yale?

http://oyc.yale.edu/religious-studies/rlst-152

A quick 10 second search will provide numerous examples demonstrating that you have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>17254255
Or his about those crazy fundies aft Rutgers?

http://bildnercenter.rutgers.edu/online-studies/bible-and-history
>>
>>17254271
"religious studies."

Are you just trolling/being a pointless asshole or what's the deal here?
>>
>>17254271
Yeah well whatever this is now my thread.
>>
>>17254242
Okay, maybe not the knly thing.

It is the main event though
Everyone either tries to prove he existed or prove that he didn't for one reason or the other
>>
>>17254271
Also, for reference, Yale was founded as a Christian college by a Puritan minister.
>>
>>17254285
Your going to have to read a little more closely than the hypertext of he link genius.
>>
>>17254271
Not the person you were replying to. btw. This is however my thread now.
>>
>>17254284
>professor of Jewish studies
>>
>>17254293
*only*
>>
>>17254296
>http://oyc.yale.edu/religious-studies/rlst-152
"This course provides a historical study of the origins of Christianity by analyzing the literature of the earliest Christian movements in historical context, concentrating on the New Testament. "

No, you're either trolling or you're a complete fucking retard. Conversation over, the other guy's right,.
>>
>>17254294
Are you honestly trying to argue that Yale is a currently a Christian college?

Your even more retarded than I thought.

By the way, the train is fine.
>>
>>17254303
Ethnicity, not the faith dumb fuck.
>>
File: Satan1.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Satan1.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
>>
>>17254318
Fun fact Satan means adversary in Hebrew.
>>
>>17254308
", the course does not attempt a theological appropriation of the New Testament as scripture. Rather, the importance of the New Testament and other early Christian documents as ancient literature and as sources for historical study will be emphasized."
>>
>>17254318
So he's a biologist?
>>
File: itscoldinspace.png (386KB, 733x314px) Image search: [Google]
itscoldinspace.png
386KB, 733x314px
>>17254321
its cold in space
>>
>>17254334
No one can hear you shag.
>>
>>17254334
I can fap to that...
>>
>>17254334
Mostly because it didn't happen.
>>
>>17254339
It's like getting head from a giant spider.
>>
>>17254308
The sad thing is I think he actually thinks he's right instead of just being delusional.
>>
>>17254346
I know, right?!

http://oglaf.com/8legs/
>>
>>17254350
It's just goddamned amazing that I say to someone, directly, "I've never seen this outside a class focused on things like CHRISTIAN STUDIES," and the dumb shit immediately responds, "Oh yeah, what about this class focused on CHRISTIAN STUDIES?!!!"

Somewhere in that pea fucking brain he apparently really thinks he made some relevant point.
>>
>>17253382
OK guys please help i know this is unrelated but I'm desperate, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm trying to find a creepy pasta and a dude who accidentally sees these strange creatures that turn out to feed on adrenaline.. On fear. He didn't survive the story. Anyone know what I'm talking about?!
>>
>>17254255
>conveniently forgetting that most of what we know about ancient India, America, Egypt comes from their religious texts
>>
>>17253382
Honestly i canot comprehend how people who dont believe cant appreciate the beuty of the bible. The new testament has so much noce stuff, even if you take god out of the equation and take god as love. It simply tells a story of how man should live with love to one another. It is either way a beutifull way and christianity is one of the best paths there are, but sadly the teachings on christ have been changed a lot by the catholic church, but protestants seem to get it.

Hara Hara Mahadev!
>>
File: sataninside.png (6KB, 235x214px) Image search: [Google]
sataninside.png
6KB, 235x214px
>>
>>17253739
yes don't question it
>>
>>17254362
Troll, please go. We were talking about the Bible. Stop acting stupid just to get attention.
>>
>what is archaeology
>what is secular contemporary text
You should take some college courses, anon. That's not a statement of condescension. If you're interested in how we reconstruct history, it'd do you some good.
>>
>>17254360
The point is, the bible gets used for secular research purposes all the time. You don't have to be christian to use the bible as a reference of research tool. It is possible to not take the supernatural events as fact but still use it as a source for historical info in culture, politics, geography, and, yes, limited historical events.
>>
>>17254372
Sooooo using Egyptian religious texts as historical guides us valid... But the bible is completely useless.

That's some pro level euphoria right there.
>>
>>17254374

Enlighten us.
>>
>>17254396
I'd meant this post:
>>17254374
to be a reply to:
>>17254362
>>
File: theotherissatan.jpg (39KB, 400x395px) Image search: [Google]
theotherissatan.jpg
39KB, 400x395px
>>
>>17254398
Are you saying religious texts are worthless for historical purposes or that they are, when taken in context, but one of many sources used to create the record?
>>
>>17254398
Wouldn't waste a lot of time trying to converse with that person. If you'll note above, they just tried to argue that all religious texts are exactly equally valid and that if some random, unnamed Egyptian text has any relevant historic data then the Bible just HAS to as well!

Troll. No need to waste your time with it, whatever you say it'll just double down and respond with something even more idiotic.
>>
>>17254410
>but one of many sources used to create the record?
^That one.

>>17254411
Having read all the Pyramid Texts and Coming Forth by Dawn, their religious material doesn't tell us dick except which kings died when, for the most part. Honestly, the Bible as an assembly of canon old and new probably has more historical content than the vast majority of Egyptian religious texts.
>>
File: godkillssatanthrills.jpg (12KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
godkillssatanthrills.jpg
12KB, 228x221px
>>
Yes , look at Scientology. Or the movie The Matrix. Or Star Wars.

The bible is more evil than the necronomicon. It is responsible for destroying many lives and ruining many lives. It even says that destroying lives is one of its main goals. Luke 12:53 Mathew 10:35

"They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."
>>
>>17253382
lol
>>
>>17254431
>Yes , look at Scientology.
Can't wait to see what happens when someone starts trying to piece together our history using Dianetics. Funny stuff!
>>
>>17254419
I'm the guy arguing the bible as an historical document in this thread. And I agree complete with you post.

>>17254411 apparently can't understand why the bible is useful in secular academia.
>>
It has a popular attraction for a reason.

Nations with a Christian philosophy or something similar have advanced pretty successfully.
>>
>>17254431
That passage refers to family shunning you for your faith...it's not not a promise to destroy families.
>>
>>17254443
Can't it be both?

DEATH TO FAMILIES!
>>
>>17254438
But religious text doesn't tell us "most" of history...that ignores the entire discipline of archaeology, as well as entire discourse models on how we parse everyday secular stuff.

You're both kinda being dumb...just let it go guys.
>>
>>17254441
Nations without it have advanced pretty successfully too.
>>
File: pepesatandefault.jpg (7KB, 130x180px) Image search: [Google]
pepesatandefault.jpg
7KB, 130x180px
>>
>>17254448
What nation has ever been without "something"?
>>
>>17254443

Matthew 10:34 King James Version (KJV)

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
>>
>>17254446
I don't disagree. Religious texts are but one tool, the bible included. I don't think that's an unreasonable position to take...so why let it go?
>>
>>17254446
>You're both kinda being dumb
Nothing dumb about being right, my friend. The Bible is not commonly used, outside of religious universities, as a source for historic record except in courses or departments specifically focused on theology. In short, if religion's not the focus of the study, you're not going to find the Bible there.

Just the facts of the world.
>>
>>17254443
I feel that they should just accept who I am honestly, im simply in a contemporary state that so far has been the most eye opening to alot of people to say the least. While I dont take the interference personal I do see it as insulting a little bit yet flattering at the same time.

Im keeping track of those who are loyal to me and those who are not.

A mustard seed of faith is all it takes.

But certain things like practice and application and genuine non hostile actions and choices do make a difference in a good way.
>>
File: Idonthavenightmaresicreatethem.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Idonthavenightmaresicreatethem.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
>>17254462
>>
>>17254454
Without context, that verse is cherry picking.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/But_to_bring_a_sword
>>
>>17254452
Oh, so you meant to say
>Nations with a Christian philosophy or literally anything else have advanced pretty successfully.
>>
>>17254469
I didn't say that, someone else did. But that's what their sentence appears to mean.

All you need to be a successful nation is...something!
>>
>>17254469
The basic tenants and those that used christianity as a front are just blind to the
will of who I am.
>>
>>17253382
The bible has inspiration from the "collective unconscious" or so i've heard.
>>
we are past god and the bible, talk about something else.
>>
>>17254456
Man:
>>17254362
>most of what we know about ancient India, America, Egypt comes from their religious texts
>>17254456
>Religious texts are but one tool
Stop back-pedaling.

>>17254461
I've been, at a normal uni no less, in:
>philosophy courses
>anthropology courses
>history/art history courses
Where the Bible's leaned on for textual analysis just as hard as the Odyssey.

But I guess I'm wrong and didn't actually experience these things because it contradicts your facts.

This is why I was telling you both to let it go. The argument's dumb unless you've got a PhD and know what you're talking about.
>>
>>17254467

Cherry picking is the definition of Christianity when it comes to bible verses.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cafeteria_Christianity
>>
>>17254472
So the same God that you find to be infallible is the same God who created mankind. Then he set up rules for mankind to live because he created a world full of bloodshed and sin which he punishes humanity for.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>17254478
Odyssey rarely appears in philosophy courses.

Bible would appear in anthropology courses focused on religion, already covered that.

I could make the same snipe regarding history courses and The Odyssey suffice to say that if you think that the Bible was employed in any context outside of a religious focus in your history courses then yes, you didn't experience that. It's that simple.

So yeah, you're wrong.
>>
>>17254477
there is a point where god is cool with you and your cool with god. it's very groovy, I hope you experience it one day.
>>
>>17254477
Im just using teachings to convey concepts in simplicity.

There is no confusion within me

I Am here therefore I wish to be happy and content.
>>
>>17254491
Agreed. One day you and God make a deal not to bug one another and it's cool!
>>
>>17254489
Guess I must have hallucinated getting my degrees then.
Thanks for letting me know.
>>
>>17253400
Regardless of what you believe anyone can appreciate that meme.
>>
>>17254478
Fair enough. I withdraw the word "most". The rest still stands.
>>
>>17254495
we don't bug each other. nice comment though. maybe you can come up with some cherry picked comment.
>>
>>17254498
No problem. Bullshit degrees are pretty standard around /x/. Fortunately, those with actual educations can spot them pretty easily.
>>
>>17254502
Oh, not YOU you, the generic you.

"One day [some person] and God..."
>>
>>17254480
You're right, if a group is not in complete unison in their beliefs, said group is invalidated.
>>
As I said.

I am too efficient and conducive to life even when a so called problem arises I simply expect certain beings to study it to learn better.

Sorry there was violence but Im sure there were prophets who warned about the outcome of certain things and the mercy of the trinity.
>>
>>17254509
The bible is invalid then. It doesn't even have punctuation to add to interpretation.
>>
>>17254503
>double major in philosophy and art history working on a masters in museum administration all from accredited public uni is bullshit

This seems like intentional bait, but I guess I'll take it...what's your educational background? I don't get the passive aggressive 'tude for saying the dispute between you and the other anon was dumb.

Ah, fuck it, enjoy your thread, m8s. I hope you guys enjoy your day.
>>
>>17254512
Doesn't that invalidate you well Satan?
>>
File: 4chan4give.jpg (38KB, 632x511px) Image search: [Google]
4chan4give.jpg
38KB, 632x511px
>>17254511
It's okay, man. Some of us like violence!
>>
>>17254519
yeah well they are creepy niggas. like most of /x/.
>>
>>17254511
You are a fraud. A god does not create something knowing the full consequences of his or her actions and then change their mind. If you are God you are not perfect or all powerful you have neither things that make you worthy of worship as a God.
>>
>>17254516
Hmm.

Disputes are possibly due to inefficiency in diplomacy.

Should I or Do I really have to spell the rest out?
>>
>>17254517
It depends on your definition of Satan.
>>
>>17254516
>>double major in philosophy and art history working on a masters in museum administration all from accredited public uni is bullshit
Of course, of course, which is why you picked....the Odyssey as your counter example.

Seriously, was that, like, the only classical secular work you could remember from high school? Why not reference Thucydides or Herodotus? You know, people with works relevant to the topic?

No, no, by all means you enjoy your *ahem* degrees and all that Bible learning you got in your non-religious based history courses. I wouldn't dream of trying to upstage you in a degree pissing contest!
>>
>>17254519
I think you mean fashion , not violence.
>>
>>17254517
You decided the concept behind your interpretation of Satan. Satan would only be a word if you did not choose a meaning for it.
>>
we are way past the bible and god, so when you catch up, call me.
>>
>>17254531
I lol'ed
>>
>>17254526
Well, I was looking toward something similarly old and legendary instead of something like Bataille or Merleau-Ponty, but like I said, I feel like I'm being baited here, so I'll let you cats keep doing your thing.
>>
>>17254528
Satan's the fashionable one.
>>
>>17254531
shouldn.t you be posting bible verses somewhere.
>>
>>17254528
>I think you mean fashion when you say violence
>>17254493
Nope not confused at all.
>>
>>17254526
Im not sure what school you speak of from this perspective possibly. But I do not mean to offend. You make it seem that you come from a prestgious school. I cannot confirm or deny this. I usually speak to my advisors first before doing certain things just to be safe.
>>
>>17254535
Thucydides' History of the Peloponnesian War is a closer contemporary to the Bible as we know it than Homer's works, but whatever, you just go and let us do our "thang."
>>
>>17254526
>thuclydides
>Herodotus

Look at me, I saw 300
>>
>>17254544
The book was better.
>>
>>17254541
Contend with someone else not with me.

But thank you for the clarity.
>>
>>17254546
I was here first.
>>
>>17254531
we are in the bonus round. it's very cool. so tell me another.
>>
>>17254543
>you just go and let us do our "thang."
Sure thing, m8, thanks for your time and have an awesome...whatever time of day it is where you are.
>>
Peace, Love and Clarity.
>>
>>17254556
For all you know he's a leading scholar in his field. This is an anonymous image board and literally anyone can come here.
>>
>>17254566
well I haven't heard anything cool our interesting perspective like in forever. sorry I don't mean to be mean. So spit it out I want to hear something cool.
>>
>>17254556
I am literally a dog prove me wrong.
>>
>>17254566
Possibly, but more than likely senator limpdick is just another basement dwelling faggot with a Wikipedia deep knowledge of basic high school history.

Way to give the benefit of the doubt though satan.
>>
>>17254566
This is why I prefer a certain class of people and I tend to seperate a certain class of people in to seperate parts due to safety concerns.

And again I say this literally in the most non threatening non violent manner.
>>
>>17254566
OUT STANDING IN HIS FIELD, CORAL!!!!
>>
>>17254585
that literraly made no sense
>>
File: coralfield.jpg (16KB, 236x263px) Image search: [Google]
coralfield.jpg
16KB, 236x263px
>>17254589
Oh, sorry, it's a meme from Walking Dead.

I was going to just post the image but then I realized it had a typo and it JUST MADE ME SO MAD.

But here it is anyway.
>>
>>17254592
I Rather not read it honestly to avoid confusion amongst you guys.

Its pretty clear where those who sustain life stand.

But I guess you guys cant hear me due to your 7*!;9*.
>>
>>17254589
>>17254592
spelling errors, spelling errors everywhere.
>>
>>17253382
The Bible is more repetitive and explicitly tries to embed ideas using trite association and rhetorical implication. Notice how Jesus never gives a straight answer. He talks like a man possessed. If you've ever read the Bible, he literally sounds like a raving lunatic.
>>
>>17254606
Your implications are duly noted but not neccesary.

Christ was simply under pressure due to the malice of those he loved or those he felt he should help but wouldnt listen.
>>
>>17254606
He uses examples to explain things... A common theme among spiritual teachers.
>>
>>17254606
Buddha once gave a silent sermon, he simply looked at a flower for a long period of time.
>>
>>17254627
Why is this the case?

Is this due to the fact that the simplest answer is possibly the correct or most correct answer?
>>
>>17254189
I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed it.
>>
>>17254636
It also leaves room for personal interpretation. In case you find one possible interpretation to be not to your liking.
>>
>>17254634
Did you fuck his shit up? Were you all, like, "ALL I ASKED WAS IF YOU WANTED TO DO MEXICAN OR CHINESE BUFFET TONIGHT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE A FUCKING ORDEAL WITH YOU!"
>>
File: whatinthenameofsatan.jpg (56KB, 500x426px) Image search: [Google]
whatinthenameofsatan.jpg
56KB, 500x426px
>>17254650
What?
>>
>>17254649
Thank you for that compliment.

May the evil that bothers you leave you be in respects to who I Am.
>>
>>17254650
Sure. Yeah. I lol'd.
>>
>>17254655
What does your name mean?

Does it mean lawyer?

Who do you represent?
>>
>>17254666
"Me" to all three. Even the second one.
>>
>>17254672
Speak in laymens terms when you speak to me.

Be clear and concise towards your actions and intentions towards me at all times.
>>
>>17254683
dgklfdl;gdflgjdfkgjdlkgjdlkgdklgvlcbcobn[pwtlpre,mdfmlbvclnbcnlnb. Know what I mean?
>>
>>17254695
I prefer that you didnt represent me in such a manner.

You should be alot more professional towards me.

Understand who I Am.

Please I Am not offended but do not insult me.
>>
>>17254683
in other words dog gook kevin lay fries down low ; god did fuck little girls just did fuck kids etc.
>>
>>17254712
Whoever you are I hope salvation comes to you.

I mean that in the most non hostile non violent way.

Leave me be.
>>
>>17254733
Then go away. Christian that is only here because I posted in this thread and "ya'll need Jesus" mentality came into play.
>>
This is now a Satan thread.
>>
File: 1324274454765.jpg (154KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1324274454765.jpg
154KB, 600x600px
>>17253388
>>
File: satanangry.jpg (15KB, 300x221px) Image search: [Google]
satanangry.jpg
15KB, 300x221px
>>
File: satanthefirsttroll.jpg (63KB, 747x796px) Image search: [Google]
satanthefirsttroll.jpg
63KB, 747x796px
>>
File: satanmansmile.jpg (9KB, 319x158px) Image search: [Google]
satanmansmile.jpg
9KB, 319x158px
>>
File: 13-verses.gif (123KB, 2024x894px) Image search: [Google]
13-verses.gif
123KB, 2024x894px
The bible is word of god, not some childish fairytale. Through the whole old testament is spoken about the coming / birth of Christ. And it happened, and so went the world into a new covenant through Christ, who died, and rose to defeat the sins of man.
A lot of future predictions the Bible made actually happened in this generation. There is no denying it and I hope sincerely that all of those who do not believe it will have their eyes opened and will open their hearts to the only Savior and God; Jesus Christ.
>>
File: 0630devilOph528.jpg (101KB, 657x756px) Image search: [Google]
0630devilOph528.jpg
101KB, 657x756px
>>
>>17253382
>How is bible different from any generic fiction books?
Fiction books usually have continuations. Book "bible" was finished >2000 years ago.
>>
No. Hopefully by then an imaginary friend won't be necessary for people to function.
However whatever it teaches can still be valid
>>
>>17253410
Well, you figured it out! You know the secret formula. Go forth and makest thine meme book, nigger.
>>
>>17255601
That's not a the drawing of a demon. That's the drawing of a Boskop man, you absolute retard.
>>
>>17254103
Hi fedora fag.
>>
>>17255480
I'm not sure if you're trolling or delusional.
>>
>>17255954
Because?
>>
>>17254369
How is it different from being a sheep?
>>
>>17253382
It really isn't. It becomes more and more generic when you compare it to other holy texts from the same region. Whole books like Ecclesiastes are copied from Egyptian texts.
>>
>>17253382
Research the OT it brings you to very interesting places around that area.

NT is a lot different, Christ's story and Paul's epistles are different segments, for we have the story of the Saviour (bringing man back to God) and Paul, who used to persecute Christians in those days who's conversion and testimony. It is to get us to believe in Christ and begin to seek out the Truth for ourselves.
Thread posts: 206
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.