[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Communication with the kami of objects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: SGI_Indy_CRT.jpg (744KB, 1088x1157px) Image search: [Google]
SGI_Indy_CRT.jpg
744KB, 1088x1157px
Does anyone know how to get in contact and speak with the kami of objects? I have the rather unusual wish to speak to the spirits of old Silicon Graphics workstations.
>>
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
File: 1434969202553.gif (2MB, 353x234px) Image search: [Google]
1434969202553.gif
2MB, 353x234px
>>
>>17253308
I lold.
>>
>>17258585
I'm actually serious. Anyone who knows how to do this? Perhaps a techo-shaman of some sort?
>>
"Japanese industrialists believe that there is a god concealed within each product of technology, making it autonomous and infusing it with its own inner spirit" Did Baudrillard pull this out of his ass? Is is true that japanese regard computers as having a kami?
>>
File: 398.jpg (114KB, 474x733px) Image search: [Google]
398.jpg
114KB, 474x733px
You need another computer for it to talk to, one that likes you. Most computers are very shy around people. Connect them via lan and run the same program on both computers. Leave them isolated (preferably in the dark) for at least 3 hours. If you let them talk any more than 6 hours they will get hungry, so it would be polite to bring in a platter with the appropriate ram and ranch or cheese dip at the halfway point. Not all computers get along, so even if everything goes right it may not work.
If you succeed you will find a log in C:\Windows of your friendly computer with the details of the conversation.
From here you can add questions (one per line with a semicolon after) at the end of the log and your computer will ask those next time it talks to the other computer.

Congrats, you are now a technomancer
>>
Learn to remote view and magnetically read ram/ hard drive data. Not sure how to write anything, maybe astral into your favorite video game and talk with its ai.
>>
>>17260259
>>17260270
No, no, you misunderstand, I mean the actual spirit of the computers.
>>17260213
Interesting...
>>
>>17253308
>>17259273

You mean the spirit of the object? Telepathy works just fine.

But be aware that not all objects have spirits, they have to be made personal in some way first. Like a pair of shoes need to be worn a while before they fit right, that's when the spirit enters.

If you build a computer the spirit will enter once you make it into a functional system. When I put together my old comp from second hand parts I made sure to create a good atmosphere to get a good spirit. Lighting a candle can be a good idea. I felt it happen once I connected the hard drive.

Tried to install some more RAM but then it wouldn't boot. The spirit then told me the last RAM cart was incompatible, I removed it and the computer booted again.
>>
>>17260517
Silicon Graphics workstations are old and well-used. They were pretty expensive, so they were used for quite a long time. How would that work out in regards to it's spirit?
>>
File: latest-1.jpg (101KB, 556x880px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.jpg
101KB, 556x880px
You called?
>>
>>17260538

If it was in a workplace it may not have gone throught the initiation necessary for it to have a spirit, it was just part of the company.

Also if it was abandoned by the previous owner and left in a storage it may have "died" and that means it's just parts again. Fix it up and install the things you want on it and will have a new life and a new spirit.
>>
>>17260591
I'm pretty sure most workstations of the time had an assigned user, and it was often an animator, CAD-artist or programmer. How would the spirit be then? And if the spirit is dead, does different hardware create different spirits?
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>17260617

The brand and other kinds of symbolism can matter. For example I used a Crane box simply because it looks better. One with the Vice label would possible attract a nasty.

Also look at the HD and other components. Got one Barracuda, it worked well for the purpose of that machine.
>>
>>17260617

But if your interest is in finding experiences of old computer spirits, you're better off trying to summon one who was a computer, there should be many of them around.
>>
>>17261174
I'm not talking about any standard PCs, I'm talking about proprietary, MIPS-based systems made for pretty specific purposes. How would that affect the spirit?
>>
File: tp.jpg (93KB, 488x1275px) Image search: [Google]
tp.jpg
93KB, 488x1275px
You must first PRAISE and VENERATE the Omnissiah before speaking with a Machine Spirit!
>>
>>17253308
i'd like to know about this too. in the 90s i dropped a gameboy out of a second floor window to see what would happen to it. i still feels bad man
>>
>>17261195

The machine is just a body, it may not effect anything at all.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.