[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isolation tank general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: isolation.jpg (259KB, 900x913px) Image search: [Google]
isolation.jpg
259KB, 900x913px
What do you know about isolation tanks?
have you been in a isolation tank?
how does it feel?
Tell isolation tanks experiences or alucinations.
>>
>>17243554

Sensory deprivation
>>
>>17243813
the void?
>>
>>17243554
Did it once last year at a commercial flotation place here in Seattle. I had read about it extensively many years earlier and had for a long time really wanted to do it, with high hopes that I would achieve some mystical experience, however by the time I actually got to do it, I was a lot more realistic about my expectations.

It was interesting but not life-changing or anything. You basically float in the dark in epsom salt saturated water. It's very quiet, the only sounds are your body and any splashing of water when you move your arms. I was somewhat apprehensive that it would become uncomfortable to lie there with just my thoughts and no other distractions, but it was very relaxing - I don't have any experience with meditation and my mind is always racing so this was a nice change from that, but you still have to consciously try to keep your mind clear. Doing some sort of meditation exercise in there might be worthwhile.

I didn't have any kind of hallucinations or altered states experience in there, but I was only in there for an hour. Funnily enough, when I checked out the attendant asked if I had any visions or weird experiences, and I said no, and he said not everyone gets into a weird state on their first visit. I didn't get high or anything beforehand, but would consider that next time. I have a credit left over so I can go there again, I just haven't been that drawn to it.

They played this shitty new agey 'soothing' music for the first and last 5 minutes of the session, it was really distracting and next time I'll ask them to turn it off (which is an option they offer.)

I have forgotten much of it by now, so sorry if that isn't very useful, but I do hope to go back there at some point soon and use my credit.
>>
Isolation tank business here, I frequent pol and x while my clients float thought the day . Ask me anything
>>
>>17243986
Any client came out of the tank with blood?

Is it a good bussines?

Have you entered in the tank in LSD?
>>
>>17244005
>Have you entered in the tank in LSD?

Sounds like a trip.
>>
>>17244005
With blood? No . The Most I can make a year off of one of tank is about 140k if I'm able to work 40 hours a week(40 appts.)
>>
>>17244027
I have not done LSD in the tank but Thats what they were built to test , as well as other drugs
>>
>>17244033
I'm guessing business is rarely that good, but I'm not in an area where it would go over well, so what do I know.
>>
>>17244043
People looking for non invasive pain relief or ptsd/anxiety disorders will use the tank.
It's the closest simulation to zero g on earths surface without kinetics
>>
File: Altered-States[1].jpg (33KB, 468x351px) Image search: [Google]
Altered-States[1].jpg
33KB, 468x351px
>>17243554
IF you haven't seen the movie "Altered States" I would highly recommend it. It takes a supernatural look at Isolation tanks and what they can potentially unlock. Highly entertaining and mind probing
>>
>>17243986
are they clean? I imagine other peoples bodily fluids in the water and cringe.. do you drain , wash and refill after each user?
>>
>>17244328
No, i shit, piss and wank in there.
>>
>>17244328
at the one i went to i think they clean them once a week or so, the huge amount of salt is supposed to kill germs (?), and they may do some filtering of things like dead skin, hair, etc. The tank i was in looked pretty clean, but it was cloudy salt water, and the room was dark so it was hard to tell. You are supposed to take a shower before, but thats not really enforced, so im sure many people dont.
>>
File: 1397852264535.gif (902KB, 280x170px) Image search: [Google]
1397852264535.gif
902KB, 280x170px
>>17243986
>I frequent pol
>>
File: 1354043046242.jpg (18KB, 304x161px) Image search: [Google]
1354043046242.jpg
18KB, 304x161px
>>17244925
There is literally nothing wrong with browsing any of 4chan's wonderful boards.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.