[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which books claiming to teach hermetics do you consider not to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: TNO.jpg (39KB, 507x600px) Image search: [Google]
TNO.jpg
39KB, 507x600px
Which books claiming to teach hermetics do you consider not to be utter shit?

List:
>book name
>book author
>what it claims to teach
>why you like it

>ib4 0 replies or Crowley's shit
>>
>not to be utter shit

OP is too tuckered out to aim very high in life.
>>
>>17243425

I think he implies hermeticism is mostly empty.
>>
>>17243425

wut. Like I don't get the insult.
>>
Kybalion by the Three Initiates. I find it closes the gaps between the major faiths quite nicely.
Quit the Night and Seek the Day!
>>
>>17243849
Kybalion is too full of New Thought garbage. It isn't bad, but you have to take it less seriously than everything else for it to be a useful primer.
>>
>>17243849
If anyone liked the Kybalion, seek out writings from "Yogi Ramacharaka".
>>
Definitely the book of the sacred magic of abremelin the mage, unknown author, translated by sl mathers. claims to teach gods wisdom and ultimate operation only granted to the most pious of pious, most notable King solomon (and I suspect Jesus Christ).

I like it because of its authenticity and the fact it relates everything back to real life events and people. also its not a compilation book of muliple authors opinions on magic, its just simply a translation from a very old MS
>>
>>17246446
Seing from a gnostic point of view that book is basically selling your soul to the devil (demiurge) through a devoted ritual for power and magic.
>>
>>17243998
My buddy recommended it to me, I'll check it out.
>>
>>17243993
I kinda started with Regardies, golden dawn, and kybalion really helped start my gears spinning a decade ago. You are absolutely correct sir.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.