[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making a scary game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: download (24).jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (24).jpg
5KB, 300x168px
I'm going to make a horror game.

Give me your best ideas for a horror game that's not stale and is something interesting.

If i like your idea then maybe you will see it on greenlight or kickstarter soon
>>
Black people
>>
>>17234874
>I have no ideas or talent spoonfeed me
>>
>>17234948
I don't have the idea but I have the skills and funds

You on the other hand have ideas but not skills and funds

So we need to work together
>>
>>17234948
/thread
>>
>>17234896
im spooked
>>
>>17234874
what about: instead of being a normie going to a haunted/crazy place

the player have to encounter the haunted past of his character in an open world wherever you go randome stuff happen
>>
Space horror rpg
>>
>>17234874
Conspiracy-investigator in the 1970's is investigating Dyatalov pass incident. Oxygen Tanks are required every now and then due to the altitude. Oxygen = Life. You must try and survive both the harsh conditions, and the 'thing' that killed the original mountaineers.
>>
I posted this a while ago let me give you the short version.

It would work best in the Watch_Dogs engine.

Paranormal investigation crew. Work a boring courier job during the day driving around the city making deliveries, and find spoopy houses at night to go around setting up cameras and monitoring paranormal activity.

Imagine dropping off produce for a hotel kitchen during the day, then going back at night to set up equipment and explore the basement.

Somehow string a recurring theme throughout the haunted locations and add in a murderer near the end, and bam, you've got a badass game.

Let me know if you'd like to use the idea. It's all yours, I'd just like a nod.
>>
>>17234874
ZOMIBEZ!!!?!
&&&&& SLENDER MAN >__<"
>>
Skeleton simulator
>>
a whole game based off the Fairfax Ave level in SWAT 4 where you rescue kidnapped women and other people from psyhotic murderers

You gotta confront the murderer instead of just hiding or running and can't leave until you have the victims
>>
>>17234874

I'm bored and feeling unproductive, so I'll throw out a half-baked idea I had a while ago.

The player wakes up/'fades in' without any context to a vast, empty city. Wind sweeps through the maze-like alleyways. The sky seems always on the verge of a tremendous storm as dark clouds broil at impossible speeds. The sprawling streets and towering buildings are reminiscent of New York, but the layout doesn't match any known metropolis, and architecturally it appears that the city was built and abandoned half a century or more ago. There are monuments and memorials to heroes and political figures that don't exist, and references to events in American history that never happened.

The player has a box of matches and a map, but the map only covers part of the city and is vaguely labeled; it's up to the player to mark things down as they explore the city. There's no clear goals or directions, and the player can walk down virtually any street in the open-world style map, but there's little to do in the streets, as the real gameplay lies in the buildings. Each building contains a puzzle in the style of an elaborate ritual. Completing each ritual grants the player something, either lore, a key to a new area, or more frequently, a Gift. Gifts are given in the form of either an esoteric artifacts or unsettling physical changes,and are usually used to give the player access to other areas (they are only rarely used offensively, but some give the player extra surviveability against enemies). For example, the player gains a brass lantern that, when lit, allows it's holder to see hidden secrets and invisible supernatural entities. Another Gift might allow the player to bypass the freezing winds blocking off another area. The player finds that the entire city is in itself one great ritual centered around City Hall, and completing it reveals the true purpose behind the city and the player's purpose for being there.
>>
>>17235303
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMoXDbb-b1w
>>
>>17235303

Also, I guess to explain the general aesthetic a little better:

imagine the way New York was depicted in Hey Arnold! crossed with Silent Hill, with a dash of Arkham City's beaten-down city occultism feeling. Everything is just vaguely unsettling, and even the most mundane details drip with a vague occult menace. Dark, oppressive atmosphere. Enemies look and feel like they're part of the city, combinations of brick, mortar, wrought-iron, asphalt, and twisted flesh with horrific expressions of pain.
>>
"you failed out of college and are heavy in student debt and are now working a service industry job and live with your aunt with no end in sight"
>>
>>17235387
the real horror
>>
Uncanny faces, disturbing things appearing without a loud noise, subliminal whispers, vaguely speaking to tthe player, subtly is key, questioning of security in reality
>>
I was thinking about an RPG type of vidya game where you customize a character that dies, and is collected by death to be sent to purgatory. At this stage in the game, you are young again and live in the same place/area that was once your home, except everything is foggy and creepy. In your house, you find some other-worldly being that tells you to do various strange tasks to enter the gates of heaven, like killing other spirits that need to move on, slaying different types of demons, and collecting certain objects. Throughout the game you see lots of things that symbolize your fucked up childhood/past that prevent you from crossing over, all this happening in the setting of the suburb you once lived in. At the end of the gamr you find out that the quest giver is actually satan, and he temporarily send you to hell, where you do more tasks to gain entry to the world of the living, the dead, then the forsaken.

The way the game is setup has to push the limits of censorship, there's gotta be rape, cannibalism, blood, all that shit.

Waddya guys think?
>>
>>17234874
Third Person Action Horror
Pro wrestler goes around the world and hunts down /x/ monsters(Chupacabras, Yetis, Serial killers) and takes out cults.
Main story could be something like the Illuminati took your daughter or ruined your life or something
>>
>>17235945
And his name is.... MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE
>>
>>17234962
>work together

Mfw your idea gets stolen and you never see a dime
>>
>>17234874
You play as an american and you need to keep your hunger level above zero. But all you can eat is salad. If you eat burger you die.
>>
Deserts are pretty spooky. No where to hide.
And detail to mouth and eyes can also bump up the spook factor.
>>
File: Cosmic_Horror.jpg (118KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmic_Horror.jpg
118KB, 1131x707px
Shadow over Innsmouth, puzzle horror game where enemies are really overhyped to fight, and gives yiou enough of them to make you panic irl, along with puzzles and a race against time. Also grim, murky early 20th century locales.
>>
This idea for a scary game has been in my head recently so this is rough draft. You play as an Italian journalist that is doing a story on the Vatican but you somehow get into the Vatican secret archives and you explore the depths. As you continue through the archives you begin seeing demonic symbols and you also find documents containing bible verses that were taken out of the bible such as Jesus marrying Mary Magdalen and having a child. You also find some other fucked up shit.
>>
>>17236097
>puzzle
why do people feel the need to connect horror and puzzle together. The market is so oversaturated with this type of games.
Combat horror games are much better imo.
>>
Make a horror game about night terrors
>>
A deep sea game where you have to drive a submarine into the depths and avoid being killed by the deep sea creatures.

When you are on land, you have to swim in the sea and there are monsters in it that attack you.

Stuff with water in any video game always made me avoid it.
>>
I'm a "indie game developer" ans a horror game was the first thing I wanted to do since I love horror games and I found out its alot harder than I thought it would be. Knew I didn't wsnt to make another slender, amnesia or outlast (all great games) ans wanted some sort of strong narrative and get people in the feels. Came up with an idea about you (as the player) jumo in and out of peoples dreams and the story has an ark in which we are all connected ans that the common fears we all have (mostly looking into night terrors and people seeing black figures with red eyes) all stem from a figure that has always been here and lives within the consciousness of man kind ans he is the physical representation of fear made from years of evolution.
Never made it, moved on too less horror based narrative game since it was just too challenging to make a horror game that was different ans not just a clone. Good luck OP
>>
>>17236038
Kek, so true
>>
make a game like those shitty slender man games where you start off in a dark house in the woods and walking around gradually fucks up your audiovisual subtly
>walking around more makes your vision range reduce, things make noise where you can't see them, character starts breathing heavily
Except make it so there's actually nothing chasing you, your character is someone with schizophrenia running around in the dark having a panic attack and hallucinating
>running around too much makes your character have a heart attack/kill themselves
>only way to win the game is to pick up a phone in the house you start in and call a phone number for a mental health line to get help
>>
A game where you are a scuba diver in 1930's diving gear on a salvage mission. You must
recover all the missing parts of a wreckage by exploring deep sea caves, kelp forests, sunken ships, etc... all the while you must choose how much power is being used for your light because your light shares the same power source as your oxygen. Also, the more of the wreckage you find, the faster "it" swims towards you.
>>
>>17234874
Make a existential first person horror game, where you play as a serial killer. With each innocent life he takes, he appeases the horrific alien otherworldy forces he unleashed as a child. Then even with that, make the narrative so questionable, when coming across that, it can be conceived as schizophrenia. True horror is reality & the imposing cosmic cruel indifference of the world.
>>
>>17236737
> f
>>
Place the game in Lovecraftian universe or make adaptation of his book.
>>
>>17236745
GAAAAY.
It's been done so many times, you cliche faggot you.
>>
SCP mansion
>>
Loss of control is scary so don't add any controls to the game.
>>
The main monster can not be killed.
The appearance of the monster is not clearly shown in the game.
To slow down the monster, the player must reach the shrine in the center.
The shrine is surrounded by spooky stuff so you gotta go fast.
The main character has breathing and footsteps, and the monster can be occasionally heard rambling on about betrayal or something indicating them being human.

Feel free to add to this.
>>
I would kill for another game like eversion. Simple but effective.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.