[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever noticed how when you see something frequently, you stop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: spoop.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
spoop.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
Ever noticed how when you see something frequently, you stop noticing it?

Your nose's profile, for example.

It makes you think...
>>
>>17233463
If you mean like how some people can see their nose in the bottom corner of their vision, that's because there brain chooses to ignore it.
>>
>>17233490

What else does the brain choose to ignore?
>>
>>17233496
not what you'd want it to
>>
The term you are looking for is stimulus, or the plural, stimuli. Frequently observed stimuli usually becomes "ignored" after a time, yes.
>>
>>17233517
>everything you thought you saw as a child but was told it didn't exist
>>
BTW I'm a girl
>>
>>17233794
>>
File: 105muscles.jpg (74KB, 465x814px) Image search: [Google]
105muscles.jpg
74KB, 465x814px
>>
>>17233463
the subconscious still sees it, but it pays little attention to it, and the conscious ignores it.

>>17233496
the subconscious chooses to ignore anything that it thinks is unimportant, like your nose (which is important, whereas being aware of it isnt).

i would imagine, there is a massive number of things that you ignore, and of them, some might have greater importance that you dont recognise. i think its silly to try to go over them all to find the importance though.

and then you have psychological repressions, things that do attract attention enough to be conscious about, but that the subconcious knows not to allow the conscious to become aware of. many fears and emotions are ignored because what is gained from ignoring them is more important that what is gained from being aware of them.
>>
>>17233830
Shup gril.
>>
File: Floaters.png (29KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Floaters.png
29KB, 250x250px
>>17233496
Not floaters, unfortunately
>>
Sometimes fnord I wonder about this. Have you really looked at your neighbors?
>>
>>17234343
Kek.
>>
>>17234071
What about when you buy a new car and suddenly you notice them everywhere?
>>
>>17236351
Sorry, just to clarify.

When you buy a new or anNother car and for the next few weeks you will notice the same model of car driving around (what seems like) more often?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.