[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Lucid Dreaming Problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 797_aikido_06.gif (119KB, 549x722px) Image search: [Google]
797_aikido_06.gif
119KB, 549x722px
I've been having an issue.
So, I've been trying to lucid dream for some time. Most of the time, I can realize that I'm dreaming, but often won't be able to do anything about it. That's not the issue, though.

I seem to have developed some kind of dreaming defense mechanism. When I am having a nightmare AND I realize that I am dreaming, I will on instinct force myself to wake up. Unless I'm having a nightmare, even when I realize I'm dreaming, I can't force myself to wake up.

Is this a sign of progress, or am I missing something?

Pic unrelated, other than the fact that you'd have to be dreaming to think that aikido is useful in a fighting situation.
>>
>>17226038

Why don't you consider Aikido a useful martial art style OP?
>>
File: count.jpg (50KB, 638x425px) Image search: [Google]
count.jpg
50KB, 638x425px
>>17226038
Two. Two lucid dreaming threads. AH AH AH!

>>17192723
>>17192723
>>17192723
>>
yeah, normal. soon you stay in dream, then get bored and sleep in dream, then fuck this shit dreams arn't that interesting. that is the stages.
>>
>>17226074

Aikido takes the stance that competition isn't important. The majority of Aikido practitioners who do go into competition either fail miserably, or are competing against other Aikidoka. Inherently, that means that Aikido as a martial art is not more than an echo chamber for ideas, strategy, and fighting experience.

That alone isn't the only issue.
Aikido dojos don't partake in active free sparring. That means that an Aikidoka has not by any means internalized rules of reading an opponent, proper spacing, timing, etc. that are inherent while in an actual fight. Even light sparring is more beneficial than no sparring.

Aikidoka do take part in drill exercises with other Aikidoka to practice their techniques. While this is useful (as any boxing trainer will tell you), it's not useful in the way that Aikidoka do it. They use, far more often than not, fully compliant partners drilling specific techniques in the same way every time. That means that the opponent is literally setting up the attack, slowly working into the attack, and letting you perform the technique without providing significant struggle. That means that even IF an Aikidoka were to be attacked in the same way by another person, they would likely be unable to perform the technique due to the opponent resisting and the Aikidoka not being used to that, and even in the small chance that they were to perform the technique properly, they have not been trained (in the vast majority of cases) to respond properly after having performed the technique.

What you're left with is a system that cannot provide significant offense or defense, and as a result doesn't have the right to call itself a legitimate martial art.

Even Tai Chi guys are on record free sparring in their push hands competitions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19QB2goi49c

Aikido guys don't even do that. After having practiced kung fu for about 6 months, I went to an Aikido dojo. Nobody could submit me when I put up a bit of a struggle.
>>
>>17226114
i have actively used aikido in defeating an attacker(katate tori ikyol katate tori yonkyo). aikido isnt about defeating an attacker, its about defeating yourself.

>>17226038
you have your whole life to play with lucid dreaming. nobody seems to know how to teach to do it well. you have to find a way that works for yourself. you are doing well if you have had any success. there are different levels of control in lucid dreaming; simply being aware that you are dreaming is very good. getting excited wakes you up. try being content with realizing that youre dreaming, and watch where the dream takes you.
>>
>>17226525
>aikido isnt about defeating an attacker, its about defeating yourself.
Then aikido-ka shouldn't get all pissy when people say it isn't a martial art, and isn't nearly as effective when it comes to defeating an attacker.

Because Aikido isn't about that. Aikido is about sour grapes.
>>
Aikido is about grounding an opponent which, legally, is what you are supposed to do in self defense. Pair that with some zip ties tucked in your waistband at all times and you have an ideal no-thought martial art for self-defense situations in which your attacker has the least grounds for legal action later.

Take it from someone who pancrase/wrestled some fucker's noggin a little too hard off the sidewalk.
>>
>>17226895
...or not hard enough, depending on your perspective
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.