[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what should I know about Wicca? I'm interested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: dgoe.png (168KB, 518x183px) Image search: [Google]
dgoe.png
168KB, 518x183px
what should I know about Wicca?

I'm interested
>>
it's a bunch of fat cunts in clown make up
>>
>>17223301
It's just a bunch of hippy shit LARPing.
>>
>>17223301
Basically witches that got kicked out of Hogwarts for being shit at magic.
>>
>>17223310
I'm not native english speaker, sorry

what does Larping mean?
thanks in advance
>>
>>17223333
Its a disgusting sex act where the woman shits inside of the man's penis.
>>
>>17223305
>>17223310
>>17223323
You're all faggots.

>>17223301
Wicca is a form of neopaganism. Do you know what paganism is?

>>17223333
It's when people get dressed up in fantasy costumes and pretend to fight. The faggiest thing on the planet.f
>>
>>17223349
yes I know what is paganism, once we were pagan here too of course

>>17223349
>It's when people get dressed up in fantasy costumes and pretend to fight. The faggiest thing on the planet.f
oh please no...
>>
>>17223333
No one noticed the quads yet, huh?

>>17223354
Okay so Wicca varies GREATLY between traditions. The bottom line is usually that there are two "main" deities that Wiccans worship. The Horned God and the Moon Goddess. Those two are aspects of a singular entity called the Prime Mover. Most Wiccans essentially ignore the Prime Mover. They acknowledge its existence, but don't worship it, and still treat the Horned God and Moon Goddess as individual entities.

One of the things that people think about when they think Wicca are the solstices and phases of the moon. Solstices are times to celebrate the Horned God while the phases of the moon are more for the Goddess.

Because beliefs vary so greatly, there's not a huge amount that I can teach you.

Some Wiccans don't even believe in the Horned God and Moon Goddess, and simply go through the rituals without conviction. Others (the majority) do believe in their existence and worship them. Others think they exist, but do not worship them. Some simply worship one or the other, and then there are some that worship the Prime Mover itself, although those people are in the minority.

I'd suggest that you simply start reading books by the founders of different major traditions. Start with Gardner.
>>
>>17223301
Is that duke?
>>
>>17223394
thanks for you kindness
I have two questions

1- wicca claims to have historical basis, they say that during middle ages all the witches believed in this system, are these claims reliable in your opinion? for example when they say that there is this source and are the other Gods are.. how to say in english.. other "aspects" of this original power.. I don't think this is what historically has been believed, Romans believed that there were literally many Gods.. it's not that, dunno, Mars was a way to see the original God

2- I know that wicca has this thing: if you don't harm now one do what you want
but this relative morality doesn't solve everything, who choose what is harming and what is not? who chooses if abortion is acceptable or not? saying that Good = is what doesn't hurt anyone else.. could origin some problems
>>
>>17223333
LARP - Live Action Role Playing.

Wicca is for role players, it isn't true magic.
>>
>>17223441
what is true magic?
>>
>>17223464

Discordianism.
>>
>>17223432
Hey no problem man.

>1
Personally, I don't think it has historical basis. It is fundamentally "new age." But it is an evolution of paganism. Wicca is actually compatible with nearly all spiritual views of the world, including old Roman legend. For example, any religion that is monotheistic (has one god) can simply be translated into that god being the Prime Mover. Any religion that is polytheistic (has multiple gods) can simply fall into the idea that the Prime Mover has two aspects, which themselves might have more aspects.

Let's look at Greek legend as an example.
You have Zeus and Hera, who are the biggest, and best of the gods, essentially. Those could be the Horned God and the Moon Goddess, which are aspects of the Prime Mover.
Then you have all the other mid-tier gods such as Ares, Hephastus, Aphrodite, etc etc. Those could all be aspects of the Horned God and Moon Goddess.
Then you have the shit-tier gods, whose names I can't even remember. Those would be aspects of the mid-teir gods.

>2
I might not be fully understanding the question, but I think what you mean to ask is whether or not the moral beliefs of Wiccans are right, and what constitutes "right" in the first place. I can't answer that, because the answer is different for everybody. What's right for me could be a sin to another.

>>17223441
>>17223464
Wicca isn't really magic at all. Worshiping the God and Goddess won't give you magical powers. It's basically telling your parents that you love them.

If you want magic, then you're looking for Chaos. The magic of Chaos is rooted intrinsically in psychology. Fuck with your mind until it lets you reprogram it, essentially.
>>
>>17223491
>because the answer is different for everybody. What's right for me could be a sin to another.
this is what I suspected, and it's a bit of a problem for me, I mean, if we think about an ideal world where a lot of people is wiccan, how society would work in this anarchic moral relativism?

I can't say I'm very much interested in practicing magic, I would not even know what to obtain with spells and everything
but it's true that magic exists indeed, I had proves of this, and when you are proven, it surely changed your perspective in seeing things
>>
>>17223528
I don't think that society would work if everybody was Wiccan. I mean, different brands of Christians hate each other, and different traditions in Wicca are even more different than different sects of Christianity. They'd all be warring amongst themselves.

Anyways, you're asking a pretty hard-hitting existential question here. I can't answer it. In fact, nobody can answer it. The one thing that all philosophers seem to concur on is that there's no definitive "right" and "wrong." It's a question that mankind will just have to suffer with until we go extinct.

Sorry, but I gotta go now. If you're really interested in Wicca, just read some Gardner.
>>
>>17223548
ok thanks for you time, goodbye
>>
File: Julius_Evola.jpg (13KB, 220x304px) Image search: [Google]
Julius_Evola.jpg
13KB, 220x304px
>>17223301
Degenerates
>>
>>17223301
New age bullshit that thinks it's older than it is
>>
>>17224886
>that thinks it's older than it is
no
>>
>>17223301
Its bullshit SJW rubbish for fat tumblr-tards, do not embrace wicca and ruin our name as real followers of the old ways.
Degeneracy.
>>
>>17226690
>>>/pol/
fucking nazi
>>
>>17226694
>fucking nazi
Fuck off, people like you are ruining Europe and European culture you cunt.
>>
>>17226664
Yes>>17226690
>>
>>17226699
nazi confirmed

CAN YOU GO TO FUCKING /POL/!?!?
>>
>>17226794
>cares about europe
>they are le nazi XDDD go back to le >>>/pol/
Are you this retarded?
You're just like the Swedish politicians who belittle their dissenting citizens.
Also I browse here often, ride the tiger you dumb cunt :^)
(I also browse /pol/ often but this is my board, go back to tumblr)
>>
>>17226815
I voted feminist initiative
>>
>>17226826
Fuck off SJW with your cultural marxist bullshit and your alternative religions and special snowflake ideas, EVROPA.
>>
bumo
>>
>>17226826
I voted fucking-your-mom-in-the-ass-on-your-dad's-back
>>
>>17227666
>666
You cucked her good, well done anon.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.