[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

10 Cloverfield Lane

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 279
Thread images: 24

File: th.jpg (11KB, 480x261px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
11KB, 480x261px
as you guise already know by now there is "sequel" to cloverfield that has been secretly in the making and its gonna be released in two months, apparently this Movie has a connection to the first film but in reality does not look like it has anything to do with the first film, but you guys can decide that one for yourself
>>
the trailer literally showed the whole movie

I am 83% certain the entire movie is going to be the three characters squabbling in the shelter until boobs magoo goes to leave and sees the ruined earth with cloverdudes everywhere
>>
So they're finally making the sequel? This was actually my favorite movie. Even followed the ARG for months beforehand. Really cool stuff.
>>
>>17221352
Yeah I can see it being a generic "claustrophobic horror movie" the ending of which is her seeing the devastated earth and all the new aliums and then cutting to black leading to the inevitable sequel. Or maybe they'll surprise us and actually put out something decent. I really like Cloverfield so I'm cautiously excited about this. Also John Goodman.
>>
>>17222245
Uh, that's only the papal seal of pope Urban VIII (1568-1644). Each pope has a his own. That's some bad research you did there.
>>
>>17221352
I seriously hope the trailer only showed the intro
>>
http://thecellarmovie.com/

The movie was previously named as The Cellar eventually naming it as 10 Cloverfield Lane
>>
>>17221273
i feel like the trailer was aimed at making doomsday preppers look like violent hostile pricks. Not sure though, it still has my curiosity and i've been craving some sort of sequel ever since all the buzz about the reversed "its still alive" message at the end of the first film and just how chocked full of easter eggs and lore the first film was.
>>
>>17222245
cloverfield monster rose from the sea after some oil rigging disaster and some controversial shit that had to do with a japanese slushie company mining for ingredients at the bottom of the ocean
>>
>>17221493
Any collections of the ARG clues?
>>
>>17222245
>>17222281
Rekt
>>
>>17222558
ha ha, you're off your rocker mate, or possibly your meds.
>>
>>17222281
yeah and he posts it in every thread, too
>>
>>17222331
password?
>>
I was actually looking for a horror movie thread to ask when I saw this one, is the original movie good
>>
>>17222937
It seems to depend person to person
Personally I love the film but literally everyone I know that have seen it despise it
>>
>>17222545
fell from the sky actually, can be seen in the movie.
>>
>>17222331
that site is unrelated to this movie as far as i can tell.

>>17222929
password is co2 and brings up a trailer for the cellar movie.
>>
The first Cloverfield was shit.
The fact that I hate found footage movies sure have influenced my first judgement, but it's a genre, so I watched it again in a distant way, pondering if as FFM it succeed into suspend the disbelief in such kind of story, and it just doesn't.
We have a giant monster that emerges from the abyss and attack NY, ok, now we have to made this premise look realistic, and what does J.J. Abrams to achieve it? It shows the story from the POV of a group of people followed by one of them, that is quite the comedy relief, who films the entire escape with an handycam, talking about Clark Kent and other geek shit. And guess what happens when the hprotagonist decides to split from the group to go to save his damsel? He takes the handycam from the jerk friend and films his personal rescue mission, for no reason. It's just laughable.
He have to rescue his girlfriend, who is wounded and shocked only-God-know-where and he don't take whit him any medikit or even a bottle of water, no, just the handycam, a bandage? NO, the handycam.
In the ending, do you think that abyssal creatures have finns or gills? Or somekind of hydrodynamic shape? No, they look like hairless bats with (airless too) chimp arms.

I think this new Cloverfield would be a more sane rewriting of the first idea, this giant monster emerges, and a group of people (a family? A group of survivors?) barricade themselves in a anti-atomic shelter, inside there the go nuts because of the paranoia, so the danger is both inside and outside, it is more safe to stay in a close space with a psycho or to walk outside among the panicked people during a large scale destruction event?
>>
>>17223114
>He takes the handycam from the jerk friend and films his personal rescue mission

Watch the movie again you are spewing shit that never happened
>>
>>17223133
Does he takes another cam? What difference it makes? It's a forced plot.
>>
>>17222582
I don't remember much of anything about the ARG. This WAS eight years ago, after all, and it was all related to the original Cloverfield video. After viewing the Wiki page for this movie, it sounds strange and not even related to Cloverfield at all, despite "being in the same universe". Has my curiosity raised.

>>17222988
Same and they use poor reasoning to bash it. Uncanny.
>>
If this were to be a simple human drama it wouldn't be imax
>>
>>17221493
>Even followed the ARG for months beforehand.

I did too. With the Slusho and sonar/whale stuff. It was really fun.
>>
>>17222558

"All you have to do is believe" - the assurance of conmen since the dawn of time.
>>
>>17221273

The movie apparently had a really fucked up production, as it was only recently reshot and rewritten to fit into the Cloverfield universe after JJ insisted. It was originally a very small picture, with a small budget and shit. Now it's going to be on Imax???? Cloverfield??? Even if the movie sucks, this is interesting in its own right.
>>
>>17223114
That, and they shoot the shit out of the fucker, and can't even put a dent into it. That was what really bothered me. If it's skin was that tough, it wouldn't even be able to move or walk around. Even if it was that resilient it would break down after being shot at endlessly by a shit ton of troops.

Stupid movie. Fuck the sequel.
>>
>>17222558
What if you are a Hindu? Or a Buddhist or a taoist? Lol Chirstfags are so full of themselves. It's so obvious Christianity was designed to keep the masses under check, no other religions are as oppressive as the abrahmic ones
>>
>>17221273
Unlike a lot of people I loved the first movie, found footage is some of the only horror that lets me feel truly immersed in the world since it forces you to see from the perspective of a character.
Im cautiously optimistic that the sequel will at least be fun/decent but who knows.
>>
Film literally only had a 5 million dollar budget (compared to cloverfield's 170 mill). Its gonna flop harder than a fish during low tide.
>>
>>17223114
>>17225856

Man, you guys are retarded. That shit was the only original horror movie to come out in the passed ten fucking years, every other horror movie was a bunch of white people fucking with an ouija board or getting possessed by a retarded ghost. You guys suck and wouldn't know a decent monster movie if it was fucking you right in the ass.
>>
File: forugh-farrokhzad-11.jpeg.cf.jpg (20KB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
forugh-farrokhzad-11.jpeg.cf.jpg
20KB, 640x362px
>>17223114
>>17225856
>mfw Cloverfield was actually decent and you guys are just being finicky

Sure, some of the details seem a little whack after you've watched and analyzed the movie multiple times. So what if buddy didn't grab what would have been sensible instead of his camera? If you were in his situation, the adrenaline might've caused you to make some rash choices, too.

The director playes on our fear of what's in the dark quite adeptly. We kept getting glimpses of the creature throughout the story, like ghastly little reveals puncturing the air of paranoia and hysteria pervading the setting and oppressing the characters. It's suspense well done; similar to Jaws iirc. You can pick holes at unknown variables (i.e. the monster physiology) present in the writing all you want, but at the end of the day it's an entertaining flic that nails the tropes of its genre down to a tee with an original concept (like >>17226383 said) and good productions values.

Quit yer bitchin.
>>
>>17222816

I want to believe.
>>
>>17221273
I just hope there's more [spoiler]female bursting/inflation[/spoiler]
>>
>>17222994
>>17222558
That was just a satellite. If you had been following along with the ARG you'd know that it was only thrown in at the end to tie-in to all the viral stuff. The monster was awoken by the deep sea drilling.
>>
>>17221273
Same universe.

But not a direct sequel. Could take place alongside the same timeframe as the first
>>
>>17227386
Or... the ARG was presenting the cover story to prevent hysteria that it was an EBE
>>
>>17222326
It clearly did.

I remember when movies had varying themed acts. It looks like Act I.
>>
File: sad.jpg (51KB, 500x713px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
51KB, 500x713px
>look up more info
>it's the "blood relative" to cloverfield
>>
>>17228085

You're delusional if you think that's true.

There were way too many varied scenes for that to not be the whole movie.

I very highly doubt they're going to go through the process of the girl waking up in the bunker, getting to trust the other guys there, having a falling out, being chained up, so on and so forth just as a setup.

It's pretty clear the entire movie is going to be in the bunker, and leaving is going to be the end.
>>
>>17225856
>If it's skin was that tough, it wouldn't even be able to move

Dumbest criticism I've heard yet. Plenty of bugs couldn't do shit to us, yet here we are. Moving.
>>
>>17227381
This. What was in that bug's saliva that made the grill explode?
>>
File: HUD RUN.jpg (166KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
HUD RUN.jpg
166KB, 736x552px
>>17228808
Some really nasty shit. And apparently water speeds up the process so the fucked Marlena pretty hard there.
>>
Wow, holy shit. I just watched the trailer. I'm legitimately interested in this. And I don't know what >>17221352 is smoking. The trailer didn't really show anything, except it's a horror movie, and it [might] be a sequel to Cloverfield.
>>
>>17228712
I guess I'm pretty delusion.
>>
>>17223525
People need to see tits on IMAX too
>>
>>17222245
>>17222245
>clover
>alien

It's a deep sea creature accidently made large by a japanese slushy company
>>
>>17228912
Agreed. Tits or this movie is going to flop.
>>
>>17229019
Glad someone remembers all that 2007/2008 surfing the net. "SLUSHO!" God I stayed on that site for hours looking for shit.
>>
File: smug-spongebob-meme.jpg (24KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
smug-spongebob-meme.jpg
24KB, 500x333px
>>17228712
Just like it was "clear" we weren't actually going to see the monster in the original film
>>
>>17228895
"After a car accident, a young woman comes to in an underground cellar, where most of the action takes place. She fears she has been abducted by a survivalist, who tells her he saved her life and that a chemical attack has left the outside world uninhabitable."

Where most of the action takes place...

It's going to suck. J.J. Abrams is the very last director to be doing a horror movie where all the horror takes place off screen.

In general the, "who can you trust, everyone stuck in a single room, is there even anything going on besides someone being insane?" style tension is almost always badly done and has long since been tragically over-done. Why anyone would be interested in John Goodman being aggressive and irrational as the focus of a spiritual successor to a movie about a giant city wrecking monster from god knows where is entirely beyond me.
>>
>>17229019
I thought it was just a creature that was mutated from the sea nectar that Slusho so happened to find.
>>
>>17223114
Yeah this was my main gripe about the movie, the idiot characters. Back when it came out I summed up the movie with this scene:
>Hey look people are being saved and evacuated right over, you can go now guy that we just met tonight.
>No thats okay ill go with guys to save your gf
>Uhh are you sure? We literally just met at the party and dont even really know each other
>Yeah thats okay ill go with you guys.
>>
>>17228855
Why did she get wet or have a lot of water before hand? Why is that hot?
>>
>>17222326
to me it looks like it encompasses the first 30 minutes of the movie. Worst-Case scenario it extends to 45 minutes.
>>
>>17229019
Wasn't it a baby creature?
I remember that the japanese corporation send it to new york to end their rivals.
It was scared for all the shit that was going on,so that is way it tried to return to the sea.
The japanese corporation was dedicated to make soda algae,in the process they found it.
>>
>>17222558
not everything is the devil or satan you need to calm down bro
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/416hat/the_truth_about_10_cloverfield_lanexpost_from/
>>
>>17226349
Cloverfield had a 25 mil budget, silly.
>>
>>17229701
>reddit
>>
>>17229531
I could see it going either way. A short "tease" of a creature causing the devastation all the way at the end. Or having it have nothing to do with the original cloverfield other than name and a horror flick.
>>
>>17221273
>Based Goodman

Already sold.
>>
File: 1411166058021.png (215KB, 457x272px) Image search: [Google]
1411166058021.png
215KB, 457x272px
>that one manga where clover is treated as a god
>>
>>17222558
>Just like God used the Bible to tell us the entire future.
ugh fuck off
>>
>>17221352
Some of this movie was filmed with IMAX cameras. There's no way they used them to film nothing but interior bunker shots.
>>
>>17229750
Yeah reading some of their convo it is the same shit over and over again. Not only that but they think you can't make a short film for five million and then elaborate on it and change the stuff you used to hide the real tone of the movie.
>>
>>17225576
It's interesting you put it that way, because the three of them role-playing in a bunker after some catastrophic event reminds me of an arc from the adult comic The Crossed. I assume that was the short part of the movie?
>>
>>17222558
I used to hate you, but now I have a kind of respect.

I still think your methods are a bit wrong, but I have nothing against you. God bless.
>>
>>17229926
Oh shit I remember that. Cloverfield actually had a legitimate manga to go along with it.
>>
I'm not really sure why some of you are still debating whether or not the movie is going to take place entirely in the bunker or not.

It is. Like undeniably, that's the whole movie. In fact, it was recently revealed that the Cloverfield parts were only an afterthought and this was originally going to be a different movie entirely literally called The Bunker.

I mean, it doesn't mean it's going to be bad or anything, but it definitely for sure is going to take place in the bunker for all but maybe the end.
>>
It will be to Cloverfield what Promethius was to Aliens
>>
The first was fucking gay, all it was was a pussy running around nyc with a camera, glad he died.
>>
>>17229106
JJ did not direct this film
His production company took over the film after Paramount bought it
It was filmed 2 years ago for 5 million bucks, then shelved
Look at John Goodman, still fat in the trailer, now he is skinny
The original title was "Valencia"
Girl wakes up in a shelter after an accident, thinks the end of the world is bullshit, gets out, after the killing 2 guys, finds Chicago burning from a nuclear war
Bad Robot, does a bunch of re-shoots, tack on a "new" ending and calls it " Cloverfield Lane"
Fans see the Cloverfield name, JJ Abrams and head to the theatre
Paramount makes a ton of cash from a no budget indie film, laughs to the bank
The audience gets a movie about three people in a room with a "uh-oh" ending
They should call this "Cloverfield Lame"
>>
>>17229984
Hateful 8.
>>
>>17227690
No. The monster is thousands of years old and was feeding off Seabed Nectar, which made it gigantic. It went into a hibernation and submarines going down to investigate it woke it up.
>>
>>17232274
>The original title was "Valencia"
Holy shit, this is Valencia? I was interested in that to begin with. Yeah, if that's true, you'll probably right, it won't really be a Cloverfield movie. Still going to watch it, I'll just ignore a tacked on ending, if there is one.
>>
>>17222545
didn't they have a comic as a prequel? with some jap super mind controlling and shit?
>>
>>17228799
Anon you're retarded
>>
Really hoping this is a sequel, sure the first movie wasn't perfect but damn was it suspenseful and a nice change from the recent era of shit we've had.
>>
>>17229473
They used water to wash out her wound while they were in the subway tunnels.

I kinda laughed at that part because I thought she was a vapid piece of shit.
>>
>>17232724
It's not a sequel. It's a "blood relative" to Cloverfield.

Source: Jew Jew Abrams himself.
>>
>>17227381
But that's my fetish.
>>
I hate this "not a sequel/spin-off but still part of the series" bullshit

Make Cloverfield 2 or call it something else, christ
>>
>>17221352
Rewatch the trailer to the first Cloverfield. It looks like they did a similar thing, "giving away" the introductory sequence while avoiding showing the monster. I don't think they gave away the whole movie, just the first few minutes.
>>
>>17222937
Only if you engross yourself in the ARG. Otherwise, you'll miss all the easter eggs, references and whatnot, and it'll just be another jump-scare heavy found footage movie.
>>
>>17227505
I really hope it's a direct sequel. I wanna see what it'd look like for that monster (maybe more) running all over the country
>>
>>17234677
The original monster was an immature specimen
>>
>>17232274
Man, you must've been taking notes when you saw this movie. I didn't even know it was out already.
>>
i'm only interested for john goodman honestly.
he looks good for his age and fatness
>>
>>17232274
god fucking dammit
fuck you jew jew abrahams
>>
>>17234727
it's not
>>
>>17221352
That's the the set up. You have no idea what is going to happen. All I read was the the actress said that it's going to start out much like a comedy, but will continue to get weirder and darker as it progresses.
>>
>>17235736
Seemed that way from the trailer too. Starts off with, as one person said earlier ITT, "role-playing" in the bunker, much like how season two of LOST began if you ever watched that. Then I'm sure plot will develop and shit will eventually happen.
>>
>>17229291
>>17229548
>>17229034
Didn't the monster came from a meteor that was filmed when the main characters were in a ferris wheel or something?
>>
>>17236986
You dense fuck, if you actually read the thread then you would know.
The thing at the end was just a regular manmade satellite that crashed into the ocean.
>>
File: lies.jpg (113KB, 453x576px) Image search: [Google]
lies.jpg
113KB, 453x576px
>>17222331
>The Cellar
>>17230729
>The Bunker
>>17232274
>Valencia
>>
>>17221273
Is there any progress with the ARG?
>>
>>17237679

Except it's not a lie, Valencia was the code name for The Bunker, and The Cellar is a completely unrelated movie that people just keep confusing with The Bunker.

>>17235736
>>17235769

Watch the original leaked trailer.

Several different acts are shown, it's not just them playing the game and then the girl escapes, the girl wakes up, they get to know eachother, time passes and they're fine, they play games, etc. but at some point the other guy is killed, she's injured, locked up, escapes, and then tries to leave. It may not be the whole movie literally, but you people who think the bunker is just going to be the start are just lying to yourselves.
>>
>>17239439
What ARG?
>>
>>17237043
no need to be rude senpai
I wasn't exactly reading the whole thread
>>
>>17239439
No yet, but im curious about these swamp cola thing.
>>
>>17223176
No, Hud goes with him. In fact, about the only sensible thing they did was stick together.
>>
>>17239526
>you people who think the bunker is just going to be the start are just lying to yourselves.
So you think that a teaser trailer for a jj abrams cloverfield movie is going to reveal the entire plot

I thinknit'll be a 2-director half-and-halfie like From Dusk til Dawn
>>
>>17229411
Are you talking about Hud or Marlena? Hud was the dude's friend, apparently one of his best friends, and Marlena was sticking with them because it's better to stick together.
>>
>>17241864
Yeah Hud was one of Rob's best friends and got propositioned by... a female whose name I don't recall off the top of my head to record testimonials since the original person wasn't there or some such. Been a while. That's why he had the camera.

Marlena was a friend-of-a-friend that Hud was originally trying to hit on and yes, she stuck with them because nobody else.
>>
>all these people making completely wild ass guesses and literally making facts up to shit on this unreleased movie
There are some legitimate points being brought up too but for the most part you faggots just have to shit on this for whatever contrarian reason you've convinced yourself to follow. They told me /tv/ was a huge factor in /x/s decline but I didn't listen. I didn't listen.
>>
>>17242269
Contrarians are on every single board. They came with the newfag tidal wave of mainstream-ity that inflicted 4chan several years ago. If anything, /x/ has a special case of poor attribution due to the /b/ raid eons ago but otherwise, a specific board isn't rendered shit due to another specific board (for example: newfags blaming /pol/ for any even-remotely-political discussion that crops up anywhere.)
>>
>>17229725
>I believe everything on Wikipedia
Shills gonna shill
>>
In an interview with boobs, she said something along the lines of how interesting it was with her, John Goodman, and the Broken Armed Avenger being pretty much the only actors showing up to film every day. Not sure how I think of that, and if I can find the link I'll post it in a reply.
>>
The sattelite was a LOST reference..
>>
>>17244321
>shitposting on the internet
>>
Ooooh mitebgud

Is it going to be first person like in the first movie?
>>
>>17244399
the Dharma logo is seen in the cloverfield movie. JJ is a hack
>>
It was made with 5 mil. People expecting anything but three people in a single-set basement are retarded.
>>
>>17244418
No. You can watch the trailer yourself and see, anon.
>>
>4813 entered into jukebox
>4 Home Sweet Home ish decorations
>8 Unique Sunflowers decorations
>1 ???
>3 Eiffel Towers (or actors?)

There must be something in the trailer we're missing.
>>
>>17221273
Op this is a movie that was ment to be a low budget indie suspense film. After some financial issues with the producers when the project wrapped up. Paramount made some changes to the film with Ja jaybraums help figuring that a low budget film like that wouldnt sell. Thats why Jah Jaybraums doesnt really consider it a true sequel of sorts. So Im feeling pretty sure that the last half of this movie is gonna either suck hard or some how pull a fast one
>>
>>17244761
Could be a red herring too. Who knows. 1 is too solitary to base a pattern off of.
>>
>>17239526
>but at some point the other guy is killed

That isn't communicated in the trailer at all. The scene were the girl smashes a bottle on John Goodman has the guy in it.
>>
>>17244761
Googling Swamp Pop yields a recently formed soda company that's reminiscent of the first film's/ARG's slusho.
>>
>>17245034
A little bit of lurking shows that it seems to be a legitimate company. I will grant you some fishy occurrences like the FAQ text, and the "long-term shelter supply" but those could be happy coincidences.
>>
File: 1.png (277KB, 494x803px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
277KB, 494x803px
>>17245674
From their facebook page. It's pretty fishy.
>>
>>17245750
I agree there but, say for example, if you lurk their instagram, they have well over 100 posts starting from early 2014, and it comes off as a very legitimate business. Maybe they're collaborating with the movie for viral marketing or some such.
>>
>>17245772
that's a good theory actually.

i also found this;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MmTBQXK64c

so it does seem very legitimate.
>>
>>17245777
Yeah I lurked around on their facebook page a little more. Within the first ~3 most recent posts with comments, there are allusions to the movie, even outright namedropping by randoms who seem to have caught on to... something. Otherwise, it looks like normal business page otherwise with normal customers posting normal comments and questions.
>>
There is some short film about this same scenario that I saw few years ago. Tried to find in but no luck. It was in twlight zone or something similar show. In the end woman runs out of the shelter and sees the world in ruins.
>>
>>17244444
Nobody even noticed this get.
>>
>>17222539
originally it was rumored this film had nothing to do with Cloverfield but once Bad Robot bought the rights and JJ came on board, they did some rewrites and attached Cloverfield to it to some degree

I think this film will have a theme that conspiracy theorists and doomsday preppers are bad and that white males are bad, hence the tagline: Monsters Come in Many Forms

In the original script, the white guys who hold the woman hostage trick her so they can make her a sex slave.

In the original script, John Goodman's character and the girl are the only characters in the cellar. He explains to her that the world is gone and she doesn't believe him so she runs to the door to escape. She stops in shock because she sees a man running to the door in a hazmat suit pleading to come in and she lets him in (this guy is the other male character). After more talking, the girl falls in love with the guy. Turns out the guy and Goodman are in cahoots so that they can make the girl a sex slave with the good cop / bad cop routine and that the world isn't gone.

Looking at the trailer, I assume they kept this storyline and changed the ending possibly so that after the girl realizes white men are bad and lied to her about the world ending, she burns the place down and escapes. However by this point the world has really ended because of the events of Cloverfield taking place simultaneously as the events of this movie are taking place.
>>
>>17246855
If it turns out exactly like this I'm not so sure I'll care about it anymore.

Although at least the whole "the internet will say white men are bad" (again) thing is easy to debunk. Just bring up the whole "don't judge the actions of a few nuts on the many" and/or "here are times where people of other races did the exact same thing to someone (in this case sex slavery)". It's actually funny when someone starts up on a diatribe, how easy it is to shut down. This one girl I used to know in college tries to post occasional crazy things about removing guns, but goes apeshit over hearing people say refugees should be kept out due to a few terrorists hiding within their people and sneaking into a country to harm innocents. When you bring up the parallels to her hypocrisy, she loses her mind for like a day straight. Endless entertainment.
>>
>>17246855
I wonder how they would spin it to having the world in ruins because of Clover since it was contained to NYC.
>>
>>17245674
The shelter supply is priced at $4813
not to mention:
>Can't drink just 4
>>
File: latest.png (7KB, 364x449px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
7KB, 364x449px
>reminder that the Cloverfield monster is an outer space alien as implied by the 'corrupted' footage that plays during the end credits. This is, arguably, why the government 'kept' the footage and archived it... first sighting of the monster.

>look closely during the Coney Island scenes
>>
>>17247589
>He doesn't know it's a satellite
>>
>>17247589
>I didn't play the arg
He's an ancient mutated sea creature that was woken up by a corrupt slushy company drilling in the ocean. There's also more than one monster present in the film. The one you're given a full view of was either a child or the opposite sex of the one destroying new York.
>>
>>17247625
>There's also more than one monster present in the film
[citation needed]

Clover was the only 'main' monster in the movie and yes, IIRC it was implied that it was a child. If you want to be pedantic, you could count the mini-Clovers as multiple monsters.
>>
>>17247643
How about you explain the enormous size difference between the helicopter scene, and when the group confronts the monster towards the end? How does something the size of the Empire state building suddenly shrink to about 2-3 series high?
>>
>>17247696
Stories*
>>
>>17247643
well in the official comic that tied in with the film its indicated that there are more than one in the first, that and the size differences of the monsters seen (excluding the parasites) points to there either being a mother and child, or male and female
>>
>>17247725
*in the first place
that was gonna bother me
>>
>>17247696
Perspective.

>>17247725
I don't doubt that there could be a mother but the mother would likely still be in the ocean somewhere. Clover itself was the only major monster present within the movie.
>>
>>17247901
>perspective
Yeah, I'm sure the small, 20ish ft monster just needed to get on his tippy toes in the helicopter scene to drop all those sky scrapers
>>
>>17221273
So is there any update on the ARG?
>>
>>17247901
true, but what if the mother is New York because shes looking for Clover, if you think of, like, a mother bear and her cub, or tiger mom her offspring, any kind of predatory animal
>>
>>17223525
That is a very good point, although The hateful eight was a simple human drama taking place inside a single small room and that was in Imax.
>>
>>17225856
Is there any sort of chart that details the penetrating power of everything ranging from small 9mm up to a bunker buster?

Surely /k/ must have cobbled something like that together in one of their info threads.

If a bunker buster couldn't penetrate it then you have to start thinking about far out their weapons like railguns or lazers.
>>
>>17239551
There was something about a soft drinks company called swamp pop that was giving out cryptic messages on twitter after /tv/ saw it was in the trailer and started looking into the company and found a "bunker supply crate" that cost the same as the number Goodman put into the jukebox in the trailer.

There was a permanent thread on /tv/ about it for the first 2 days after the trailer was released and then nothing.
>>
I think 99% of the film will take place in the bunker. We will probably see one of the parasites which everyone thinks is in the barrel Goodman is putting hazmat gloves on to show Mew to prove that the world really is fucked. That parasite will be what connects it to Cloverfield as the "blood relative".

Depending on how much they reworked the film once Jew Jew got involved, we might get a quick moneyshot of the monster as Mew leaves the bunker at the end, but the parasite will be what connects them.
>>
>>17247988
I honestly don't understand where you're getting a second monster from.

>>17248765
I can understand that but this is honestly the first time in eight years that I've heard of a two-monster hypothesis.

>>17249200
That was discussed earlier ITT.
>>
>>17229411
That literally never happened in the movie. All four of the "main" characters were friends, except for Hud and Marlena; they knew each other indirectly.
>>
>>17245750
Yeah didn't someone E-mail them to ask when the bunker supply will be back in stock and they said after the Eastern Seaboard incident their supplies have been disrupted?
>>
>>17245772
Yanks keep saying that it is a real drink available from a lot of shops there. Interestingly the company, website and copyrights were all registered the year that the film was originally filmed, 2014.

They must be a legitimate company that is doing some marketing with Bad Robot. Although that is odd due to the fact that Cloverfield had 100% original content for its ARG.
>>
>>17247346
>since it was contained to NYC
Says who? It was still alive after the first film and could easily have travelled. Never mind the fact that it was a baby and its parents could have come looking for it.

Louisiana, where the film is speculated to take place, is on the Gulf coast.
>>
>>17247625
>There's also more than one monster present in the film
Incorrect.
>>
>>17221273

Cloverfield was shit and I'm glad I torrented it and immediately deleted it.
>>
>>17247725
This has been proven wrong countless times for years now, how do you keep thinking that there were more than one?

The size difference was a perspective thing. The monster tracker on the blueray shows one monster and I'm sure JJ has confirmed that there is only one monster.

I'm surprised that you people don't use the animators fucking up with the tooth placement as "proof".
>>
>>17249227
Yes, I know it was... I was kind of explaining it for the person who asked about it. You know, what the post you replied to was about...
>>
>>17249304
I very much enjoyed it. What didn't you like about it, anon?
>>
>>17249289
The movie took place in NYC. We were only aware of the one monster... in NYC. Sure there could be another (like there could be a monster in Louisiana) but that would be playing 'what-ifs' and grossly assuming. There is nothing to indicate the existence of another rampaging monster.
>>
>>17249323

The beginning, middle, and end.
>>
>>17249327
Ha! Some people I know didn't like the rather clumsy 20-something characters, but for me they kind of worked. Most horror movies I find the characters either too smart or too stupid (I definitely prefer too smart,) or often an unsightly and unrealistic mix of the two. I liked Cloverfield's characters because they seemed precisely the right amount of stupid. Very human.

I can also see issues with the choice of format, but we get to see plenty of the monsters in question. It definitely wasn't a case of all tell and no show, which I tend to loathe about a lot of what I consider failed attempts at horror today (this "blood relative" we're discussing right now looks like exactly that kind of pointless waste of two hours to me, I don't need to watch a horror movie to not see anything interesting.)

All things considered I thought the pacing was good. Some of the results were contrived, like actually finding the girlfriend alive was beyond the pall in the way they presented it, but still, mid grade attempt horror, it cleared many hurdles for me most other horror films fail to utterly.
>>
>>17249341
>giving a serious response to a shitposter
>>
File: pop.png (488KB, 906x546px) Image search: [Google]
pop.png
488KB, 906x546px
>>17245750
Well that makes the plot kinda predictable now, I we take a look at the Cloverfield wiki:

>"Seabed's Nectar (Kaitei no mitsu) is the secret ingredient for Slusho! It is highly addictive and seems to affect the human mind if eaten in its raw form. "Discovered on the deep ocean floor, under amazing pressure and extreme cold." The Parasites found on Clover's body have extremely high levels of Seabed's Nectar in their blood, and have been photographed digging into the ocean floor near the site of Chuai Station. "

>Parasites found on Clover's body have extremely high levels of Seabed's Nectar in their blood
>"Blood relative" movie
>affect the human mind if eaten in its raw form
>Zombie Soda

So, Swamp Pop probably uses unprocesed Seabed Nectar and people turn into zombies or Clover parasites or some other shit, thus post apocaliptic world filled with monsters, Fred Flinstone may even go Clover since he has Swamp Soda on his side when he starts to freak out, pic related, then the chick will go out and see people tearing eachother apart and then we see clover foot or something and it ends.
>>
>>17228855
wasn't it because of those slusho drinks or whatever she had?
Slusho! – You Can’t Drink Just Six
that shit didn't mix too well with the poison
>>
>>17246855
Youre one twisted fuck
>>
>>17250170
>people tearing eachother apart and then we see clover foot
>cloverfield x crossed
pretty good
>>
>>17247643
The ending scene before it chomps fatty. Fighter jets are racing past it, heading towards the city in the background. If this was the one true monster, why didn't they shoot at it or bomb it? Because the bigger threat was still in the city.
>>
>>17251183
>why didn't they shoot at it or bomb it?
The simple answer is that they didn't have any payload left.
>>
>>17245750
>Josh Schilling.
>>
>>17223114
Wait so you didnt like Troll Hunter then?
>>
>>17251478
At first glance, I thought Troll Hunter would be a shitty made for tv movie but it was actually REALLY GOOD
>>
>>17223114
>I think this new Cloverfield would be a more sane rewriting of the first idea, this giant monster emerges, and a group of people (a family? A group of survivors?) barricade themselves in a anti-atomic shelter, inside there the go nuts because of the paranoia, so the danger is both inside and outside, it is more safe to stay in a close space with a psycho or to walk outside among the panicked people during a large scale destruction event?
That story is so overdone and so boring to watch. I cannot, for the life of me, comprehend why you'd think this was a good direction to go in.

You seem to have a weird hang up with realism. For instance, we don't have any reason to believe the thing was aquatic. Its origins remain unexplained through the movie. Likewise, it clearly doesn't rely on conventional Earth style biology, so your expectations that it should have organs reflect that, while appealing to realism, aren't realistic.

It kinda sounds to me like you don't actually want to be watching horror movies at all, and that the more "horror movie" you can remove from them, the happier you are.
>>
>>17249325
or in Athens
>>
File: 1426689143991.jpg (24KB, 594x395px) Image search: [Google]
1426689143991.jpg
24KB, 594x395px
>>17251423
>>
>>17222994
the monster was under water the whole time. The satellite fell and then they went and mined and woke it up.
>>
I seriously just wish the monster is back, other than that I dont give a fuck about the rest
>>
>>17251549
We can only hope anon, but if the budget of 5 million is legit and not just JJ trying to trick us then we will get a 5 second glimpse of Clover just before the credits at most.
>>
>>17251549
>>17252813

I want this to be a direct sequel, but it would be hard to put the monster into 10 Cloverfield Lane without ruining it's 'realism.' The ARG and original stand as fantastic self-insert entertainment, This has to be shot like a case study that we're observing or else it will ruin the tradition.
>>
the biggest problem with cloverfield was the first 15 minutes of it. completely unwatchable. after that it was fucking awesome.
>>
>>17253264
I compare it to Starship Troopers. These people have to be loathesome, over the top, 90210 caricatures so they can "grow" later. Admittedly that's a weak ass form of character growth, but lets be honest, horror movies by and large just ain't The Godfather or Ben Hur, etc.

One of the reasons I like John Carpenter's The Thing so much is that the people in it were so comparatively intelligent. I really feel like that's about how it would go down in a situation like that, sane, intelligent adults, but tempered with confusion, paranoia, entire belief system challenged. But Cloverfield (and Starship Troopers) to me managed to, if being a bit over the top, capture what I kinda feel the average joe, and worse, the average young 20 something joe, would act like.

For those of us over the age of 29, just remember how stupid we acted at age 21. For everyone here under 21, you will just stare in amazement at how dumb you are now, when you're a decade older.
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f_u1.jpg (190KB, 621x1000px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f_u1.jpg
190KB, 621x1000px
>>17252813
How much would one set like a bunker cost?
>>
>>17221273
It's the Halloween 3 of 2016
>>
>i saved you from the bad shit outside
>i don't believe you
>everything looks normal outside
>its not
>muh oppression
>help i'm chained to my bed
>down with the patriarchy
>opens door
>world actually shit

The twist is you think there is nothing outside, but there actually is.
>>
Now what is this
http://500rads.blogspot.com/?m=1
>>
>>17254518
intredasting
beats me as to what it is though
>>
buffalo trace does private label alcholol batches, like if you want to suddenly make 4chan Whiskey, they're your people

so i suppose they are involved in the soda since thats their market expertise, just doing it without the alcohol part
>>
File: Kishin4-52.jpg (81KB, 448x598px) Image search: [Google]
Kishin4-52.jpg
81KB, 448x598px
>>17249294
>>17249227
have you people not read the prequel comic? it end with the main monster creating eggs of more of these things. There could be tons of these things so a second one coming up at the end is very possible
>>17249307
>This has been proven wrong countless times for years now
I would love to see this "proof"
>>
>>17221352
>baseless assumptions, the post
>>
>>17228697
>Wikipedia
>more info
>>
https://youtu.be/6xteC60FwX0
>>
Cloverfield was shit. There I said it.
>>
>>17221273

You now realize that 10 is Binary for "2". This is cloverfield 2.
>>
>>17254982
>implying it hasn't been said ad infinitum since 2008

S P E C I A L
S N O W F L A K E
>>
>>17255005
But no.
>>
>talking shit about a film based on one sneek-peek preview

>>17255005

There are 10 types of people in this world.
>>
>>17244444
witnessed
>>
>>17255059
>implying I base my opinions on those of a group of edgy retards instead of forming my own opinion gathered from acute observation

S U C K M Y

D
I
C
K
>>
>>17254801
Have you not read the manga? It's not canon. The monster wiped out a Japanese city yet the people in Cloverfield don't have a clue what it is or what is going on?

Then there is the kid controlling the monster through magic.
>>
File: Concerned negro.png (27KB, 121x157px) Image search: [Google]
Concerned negro.png
27KB, 121x157px
>>17254888
What is this?
>>
>>17254888
What the fuck is he saying
>>
>>17255384
Some faggot genuinely shilling his ytb channel. He keeps making threads about it too.
>>
>>17254888

Even in darkness, faggotry is visible.
>>
>>17221273
>sponsored content
>>
>>17223077
I got a link to some guy's email after entering the password.
>>
>>17226230
*tips fedora and totally excuses islam*
>>
>>17221273
Anybody got a link?
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 1242x2208px
>>17255581
>>
>>17255595
Not out yet
>>
>>17255596
Try calling them
>>
>>17253506
Kek
>>
>>17228855
Wasn't she the gf of that guy who was in RIO who went to the drilling rig and sent "evidence" to her that was a sample of the sea nectar shit that she then later ate and started being all weird and hyper and shit?
>>
>>17255701
Why? It is nothing to do with it and we have been over this dozens of times.
>>
>>17237043
I thought that was the beginning aND the end had a nuke...?
>>
>>17256264
There was no nukes in the film at all.
>>
>>17244444
Holy shit, alien must suck now, 5x get
>>17251505
I really doubt the monster slung the head of the statue of liberty some-odd 1600 miles
>>
>>17253299
1982 remake of the 1950s original starring Kurt russel?
My nigga
>>
File: NYT Front Page.jpg (456KB, 1158x1491px) Image search: [Google]
NYT Front Page.jpg
456KB, 1158x1491px
>>17254518
Really fucking weird ARG
>>
>>17256241
*TIDO
>>
>>17256303
http://cloverfield.wikia.com/wiki/HAMMER-DOWN_Protocol

Fuck you
>>
>>17256467
hmm, It has Goodmans face as well as the outline of the known C2 story.

Homeless people being set on fire was also what Hud spoke about in C1.

I wonder if this finally is the Cloverfield 2 ARG.
>>
>>17256513
Well go on, let's see where it says they used nukes, I know that you are a retarded inbred but I can wait.

Oh you can't because they even said that it wasn't a nuke on the commentary track or even implied it was a nuke in the film? I thought as much, you silly little moron.
>>
File: Confused Masked Rider.jpg (47KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
Confused Masked Rider.jpg
47KB, 620x620px
A question, is talking about 10 Cloverfield lane banned on /tv/?

I ask because we had a round the clock thread looking for the arg when the trailer broke, lot's of people calling everyone shills and then all of a sudden no new threads and there hasn't been one for days.
>>
>>17254830

There's this thing they teach you in 5th grade called an educated guess.
>>
>>17221352
>cloverdudes
lol
>>
It's interesting how they opted not to use the found footage method of shooting this. May as well just make it another movie entirely, rather than using the Cloverfield name.
>>
>>17256869
It's already been said a billion times that it WAS a different movie. Then JJ decided "I'm going to make this related to Cloverfield because me and Matt can't be assed to actually make a sequel"
>>
I never saw Cloverfield is it worth it?

Or is it shit?
>>
>>17257041
I liked it and I don't like much, but I can also entirely understand people who say they didn't like it. It had a lot sloppy about it.

If you actually enjoyed, say, the first 20 minutes of Starship Troopers, The Blair Witch project or the latest Godzilla movie attempt, you'll probably like it. If you didn't like any of those, I'd say avoid it.
>>
>tfw they cut the scene of it using the external esophagi

>>17257041
I say watch it. I thought it was pretty nice and the monster looks neat.
>>
>>17256686
Fuck you.
>>
>>17257041
As someone who saw it in theaters, you're lucky you weren't suckered into actually paying for a ticket. It's a good movie to sit back and watch with a snack one night, but holy shit was it not worth the price of admission.
>>
>>17221273
HEY GAIS, THIS IS NOT THE DIRECTOR OR THE PRODUCER OF THE FILM. PLEASE, DISCUSS AND RAISE AWARENESS FOR MYnhdL;KAHGKGA;G I MEAN THE FILM. THIS ISN'T SELF PROMOTION. NOBODY IS BEING PAID TO PUT THIS AD ON 4DUMB.
>>
>>17257202
I'll skip your ironic bullshit and just say that if you think this is some sort of ad, you're an idiot.
>>
>>17256241
IIRC, she had gotten scratched by one of the mini-Clovers and that was it.

>>17256467
Huh. So Cloverfield is even a movie in the Marvel universe too.

>>17256696
Interest could have died out. Try making one (or if it dies, a few until one catches on).

>>17257041
It was a pretty fucking cool original monster movie.
>>
>>17257212
>responding to shitposters
Stop, newfriend.
>>
>>17257212
Do you really think people don't post on 4dumb to help advertise their shit? /b/ is full of ads. Glad you learned something new?
>>
>>17257213
Marlena was bitten by a parasite in the sewers.
The one he was thinking of was some random girl passed out on the couch at the party
>>
>>17257271
Ah yeah that's right. Thanks for the correction.
>>
>>17223114
The fact that the monster and parasites didn't "pop" from the pressure difference pisses me off.

We can survive in a vacuum because 1G isn't all that much pressure. Coming from deep under the sea like that would be a pretty shitty experience for anything involved. Whales can kinda do it, but they evolved to do that, and they don't go THAT deep anyway.
>>
>>17257121
Faggot.
>>
>>17257338
Different creatures are built different ways. Sperm whales can casually indulge in pressure differences that would flat out kill people. You guys are getting too upset over stuff that's more about your ignorance than real life.

I mean, how deep do you think it was? How deep do you think whales can go? Research it! And I mean, I may sound condescending but I know just where you're coming from. I remember when I saw the Italian Job remake and they had that freaking helicopter flying under that bridge and I, all with my misconceptions, was shouting, "HELICOPTERS CAN'T DO THAT THE AIR FLOW WOULD FUCK ALL THAT SHIT UP WHAT SHITTY, STUPID CGI!" Then I learned and saw the footage where it was done, in real life, by a stunt pilot, for that movie, and he wasn't even put out.
>>
Posting this early concept because it's fuck awesome
>>
>>17257350
I specifically mentioned whales and why that comparison doesn't work too well.
>>
>>17257338
>Triggered
>Even though whales (and squid) do it
>>
>>17257413
EVEN EDUCATED FLEAS DO IT
>>
>>17257338

>getting pissed off about scientific details in a monster movie
>being wrong anyway
>>
Found a video regarding the 500rads website https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f5OInWsatM
>>
File: debian.jpg (284KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
debian.jpg
284KB, 1280x1600px
>>17257440
So wait, that video lead to this blog:

http://10cfr20.blogspot.com.co/2010/08/psdl.html#comment-form

Then, in that blog you can find a lot of other blogs, and stuff in the comments. Like this one:

http://pod-bay-door.blogspot.com.co

Wich has this fucking pic in one of the posts.

WHAT
>>
>>17257514
Very fucking cool.
>>
>>17257440
That video was probably marketing for the old Cloverfield sequel before they re-did the entire thing.
>>
>>17257440
The problem with that is how it breaks the 4th wall by having a fan made Cloverfield 2 poster in it, which ruins the arg element of an arg.
>>
>>17257514
heres another linked blog http://c111111.blogspot.com/
>>
>>17257537
Nice.
If this is really some fan thing, they did it really well.

In one of the comments on Sakura's blog i found this:
.. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -- . . - / -.-- --- ..- / .- - / - .... . / .-. . -.. / -... .- -- -... --- --- / --- -. / .---- ....- ----- / .-- . ... - / ....- - .... / ... - .-. . . - .-.-.-

it translate into:
I WILL MEET YOU AT THE RED BAMBOO ON 140 WEST 4TH STREET.

Some restaurant in NY, pic related
What the hell, /x/?
>>
>>17257514
The second blog has the same author (at least, a similar/same "About Me" description) as the 500rads blog too.
>>
This explains a bit... http://500rads.blogspot.com/2010/08/reality-bites-rest-in-peace.html?m=1
>>
>>17257946
I think a lot of us have read it already, but then how the fuck would they know about the 4813 and MEW in freaking 2013?
>>
>>17221273
>movie
>/x/
makes as much sense as
>paranormal
>/tv/
Please guys please.
>>
>>17257992
IF THIS BOARD WAS ONLY PARANORMAL, THERE WOULD BE ONLY 5 SLOW AS FUCK DISCUSSIONS

NOW FUCK OFF AGAIN
>>
>>17257992
It's paranormal in our alt reality, f a m.
>>
File: 10CloLa.jpg (59KB, 531x398px) Image search: [Google]
10CloLa.jpg
59KB, 531x398px
>>17257514
A post dating back to 2013 contained pic related and a series of numbers:

>0311 and 2016
Obviously movie dates.
>4813
Jukebox number

Half the images appear directly in the trailer, others don't even look like they're part of the same film.
>>
>>17221273
am I the only one getting a fallout 3 deathclaw vibe from this thing?
>>
>>17257345
Fuck You
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 480x261px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 480x261px
>>17258311
>>
>>17222539
>vast conspiracy to give preppers a bad name
>clearly a prepper

Does your bunker have, bunk, beds?
>>
>>17223114
They should've bought your the Coherent Sentence a Day calendar instead.
>>
>>17259266
>irony
>>
>>17259111
Grow up, child.
>>
>>17229984
>Hateful 8
>>
>>17259283
shut up fart face
>>
>>17222222
>>
>>17259557
Fuck you
>>
Just noticed the puzzle being assembled in the trailer is a swarm of goldfish on the outside of a fishtank. Since Clover is a sea creature it stands to reason the movie will be about many of them (or many smaller parasites) coming out of their tank (the ocean) and forcing us down into ours (bunkers).
>>
This ARG confuses me, we know already these blogs were created to generate some interest in a possible sequel, most notably the blogs of Hal and Sakura which both take back to fucking 2008 but have hints related to this new movie, even Hal's blog made a update recently which confirm how much they are related.

Seriously this has been made for so long in secret and by another name? Most people have been saying this was supposed to be another unrelated movie, then there's the whole Swamp pop thing that they refer as some sort of zombie soda and ironically those blogs have mentions of zombies too.
>>
>>17257171
You have no idea what you're talking about. The big screen was the best way to see it.
>>
>>17260454
Maybe equally important as the image of the puzzle, is that it's made by a company called White Mountain Puzzles, which is based in New Hampshire. Not terribly far from where the original movie took place.

I've seen plenty of people mention the puzzle, but no one has mentioned that the creator of the puzzle is very prominently displayed in a trailer scene.
>>
>>17260454
>>17261047

stop
>>
>>17261047
I guarantee you that's not important.
>>
>>17255257
>There I said it.
What's with the edgy presentation then? As if no one else has had that opinion,. Even in this thread.
>>
>>17221957
John Goodman? I thought he had died. Pretty sure I saw it mention somewhere.
>>
>>17249156
Tarintino movies are exceptions to most rules
Thread posts: 279
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.