[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Voices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: image.gif (448KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
448KB, 500x381px
So I'm at work on security duty and I'm watching monitors and I start to nod off due to extreme exhaustion. I was awoken to a hallow manly voice screaming "help" in my ear. Please explain.
>>
>>17212077
Either you are a schizo, you were imagining someone whispering in your ear, or something i am unaware of.
>>
>>17212077
Sleep deprivation causes auditory hallucinations among other inconveniences.
Get some sleep you weirdo.
>>
>>17212249
Pretty much this. I once briefly confused a bag of cement for a cat while sleep-deprived, it wasn't until I started to bend down to pet it that my brain went "Wait, something doesn't add up."
>>
Sometimes before I go to sleep, I can begin hearing voices of all kinds of people with different accents in my mind. almost crowd like and there are times that they get so loud that they wake me up. Sometimes they sound like tv shows or radio broadcasts going on. I can never make out what they're saying though.
>>
>>17213192
MAKE US WHOLE
>>
>>17212077
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia
>>
>>17212077
It's because you're really fucking tired. You're about to fall asleep, and you hear words, not voices. Happens to me too when l stay up late in bed
>>
Perhaps there's a possibility occult practitioners have created a disturbance. It isn't to be used much at all, let alone in self interest.
>>
>>17212077
I've had this before but it's in the form of a high-pitched womans scream. Always happens just as you're nodding off. Literally makes you jump out of your fuckin skin. There's a name for it. It's quite common. Something to do with the ear and brain going to sleep, like a brain hiccup.

>think ill have a nap
>mmm thats nice
>bye world, zzzzzz
>"AAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHH!"
>dafuq!
>>
>>17213463
Explain? I want to know about this
>>
>>17212249

This, or you're just starting to go insane.
>>
I used to have a similar problem where I would wake up to very vivid screaming several times a week telling me to run the fuck away and other nonsense. went away on it's own after a while so I'm guessing it's due to one bad habit or another.
>>
>>17213523
Explanation: it's a boring role play fishing for takers.
>>
>>17212077
It's called "Exploding Head Syndrome". No really, it is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome
>>
>>17212310
That or you're retarded
>>
>>17213367
o boi
>>
>>17213192
That exact same thing used to happen to me when I was younger, I kinda miss it actually. Sometimes the noise would turn into music, it never lasted long though.
>>
>>17215577
that's a lot more severe than what the op described
>>
>>17215659
It's basically just hearing a very loud noise just as you fall asleep. It's frightening
>>
File: d3a9tpc.jpg (473KB, 622x820px) Image search: [Google]
d3a9tpc.jpg
473KB, 622x820px
>>17213367
>>
>>17212077
hypnogogic hallucination. very common.
>>
>>17212077
i had the same exact thing happen but it was the voice of a young girl
>>
>>17212077
Once I was almost falling asleep and I suddenly heard a womans voice that I've never heard before saying "are you afraid?" into my ear.

A few days before i was thinking about ghosts and whether spiritual entities might exist or not.
Nevertheless, I was scared shitless.
The mind can play scary tricks to you sometimes.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.