[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

share your experience with sleep paralysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1378543128692s.jpg (7KB, 250x202px) Image search: [Google]
1378543128692s.jpg
7KB, 250x202px
never had it, but i want to know what it really feels like
>>
It feels like someone were to choke you and you can't move you feel alone, scared, nobody there to help you
Never wanna go through that again.
>>
>>17210581
Hard to breathe, can't move and feel an evil presence in the room. It's pretty fucked up.
>>
>>17210581
Sleep paralysis isn't real. What you are experiencing is a cabbage implanting things into you while sleep.
>>
Scary af bro. It felt like I was shaking violently and then my bed turned into the ocean. A large black man with huge nostrils popped up out of the waves and shot semen out of his nose all over me. It was scary and I swear to God I've never done drugs.
>>
I get it at least once every two weeks and it's awful, try laying down in the dark with your eyes closed, imagine something or someone terrifying standing over you, visualize them thoroughly and when you eventually creep yourself out keep your eyes closed, keep your body stiff.

btw, one meathod I found that helps to stop sleep paralysis is to push my tongue as hard as possible, idk why it works for me :)
>>
>>17211038
Also, my scariest experience was that I (believed) I heard someone open the door to my bedroom, walk over to me, put their hand on my shoulder and start whispering in my ear softly to get up
>>
>>17210581
inb4 /x/ sticky
>>
have you found anything that prevents it, or ways to get out off it once its happened, and btw thanks /g/uys for all the replys, much appreciated
>>
>>17211163
It's really random for me, so I can't say I know how to stop it haha
>>
File: Capture.png (515KB, 383x596px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
515KB, 383x596px
It sucks ass, used to get it a lot when I was in my teens. Most of it was just intense feelings of dread, coupled with general things I fear popping into my mind - spiders and shit.

One time when it got pushed into overdrive was when I was sleeping (duh), I had my head close to a poster (I think it was a King Kong movie poster). I also fell asleep with my TV on, and the poster was reflecting some of the light from the TV. My brain interpreted the flickering light off of the poster as like, a gothic lolita ballerina thing, just dancing spastically. It looked like a cheesy effect in a bad horror movie, but to my semi-conscious brain it was the freakiest shit ever.

Pic related, ballerina but without the face. Had more hair too on her head, enough to cover her face.
>>
>>17210581
Only happened to me once and I'd like to keep it that way.
>>
Woke up with a a shadow man on top of me screaming (inaudibly, thank god) a few inches away from my face. I also felt like I was being dragged off the bed. Felt like it lasted about 3 minutes or so.

I wasn't too terrified because I'd read all about sleep paralysis before it happened.
>>
>>17211163
For me is to not lay in bad in the same position durind long time,like I never for example I lay on my back,relax,whatever;there are a lot of chances of randomly sliding in that state,also,I never forgot how and why I stopped fucking around with sleep paralysis
Read about lucid dreaming,daaamn,gotta try it,okay,the idea was to stay in bed,with your hand next to your body,still, without falling asleep ..whatever typical bullshit

> Lay in bed
> lie down,stay there for like 30 min,it took like 10 min of preps because I was getting itchy
> 31 min in,suddenly
> BUM.

> it feel like a fucking trailer just landed on my chest
> like a fucking impact
> whaat at the fuuck
> Obvious instinct is to check your shit you know? see you're still all in one piece
> as I think and want to react I realize I can't fucking move my arms
> REEEEEE.JPG
> Realize I can talk,scream as fucking loud as I can
> Dad comes in,as soon as I hear the door,shit is back to normal
> I can move,but I'm still fucked up

I can't explain how fucking weird that impact sensation was,because it's like I was laying there man,and it was so weird because I clearly remember being scared shit less in matter of seconds
>>
>>17211287
Forgot major details

> the impact was at the same time or seconds before my heart stopped for a sec,or just missed one,or two beats (or at least it felt like that)

This why I don't fuck around with staying still and try to fly sleeping and shit,fuck it man

I suppose blood somehow got low pressure or whatever random medical bullshit and that caused some weird spasm or shit,but,

10/10 WOULD Not recomend
>>
I've had it on average twice a week since I was 6. I'm now 36. In a sense I've gotten used to it, but that doesn't make each incident any less terrifying.

The odd thing is, I can usually tell when it's going to happen. Like, I just get this feeling when I lay down that tonight's going to be one of those nights.

It seems to be half and half when I see things. Half the time I'm just paralyzed and have the feeling of dread. The other half I'm seeing/feeling things. I've seen all manor of things, from shadows, demons, beautiful women, hags, and in my strangest incident ever, Alvin and the fucking Chipmunks, who were poorly hiding weapons behind their back promising me they weren't going to hurt me while having the evilest fucking look on their faces.

What I hate the most is when you're paralyzed, and you start to be able to movie, though it's taking all of your energy. You ever so slowly against all the odds crawl your way out of your room, and make your way around your living place, only to snap back into bed, still paralyzed.

I was also wondering if it's like this for anyone else. When I finally do for real wake up, I still feel a bit off for about an hour or two, and I'm so worried that I'm still dreaming I ask people around me "Am I awake?" This usually goes on for about an hour or two until the feeling passes.
>>
I used to see the shadow of a man standing in bedroom doorway and he would watch me while I slept. The entire time I saw him I wanted to scream for help or just run away but I couldn't move or talk. It was a very terrifying experience
>>
>>17210581
I had it for a long time, at first it was just feeling between the dream and the reallity, i felt dreaming but at the same time I felt my body on the bed and the frustration of can't wake up. Other times I had dreams mixed with the paralisis, mostly recursive dreams in whitch I wake up and start my day until I realise it's all a dream and wake up again and again. The worse experience I remember was being in the paralisis for a while and then I started to dream but in the dream I was suffering because I knew that I couldn't wake up, in the dream I was in my room and I saw myself in the mirror, the other me in the mirror was the same as me but had another color on the lines of the tshirt, he said "you know that you can't wake up until I want" I screamed to him "fuck you" and he just laught, I tried to feel my real body and wake up while the other my was fucking with me for a while. After that I told my gf to wake me up every morning to avoid nightmares and paralisis
>>
>>17211163
Having regular times of sleeping, and leaving the bed allways when you wake up whitout waiting of falling sleep again. Use the bed only for sleep, dont rest on it.
>>
>>17211373
That son of a bitch Alvin
>>
I've had it a few times before, but I've always been able to realize that it's just sleep paralysis, which makes it not scary.
>>
I get it quite a bit. Scariest thing I've had happen was not being able to move, and everything was vibrating and something was growling and pulling the blankets off the foot of my bed. Also saw an old man standing in my room. Once my door opened and all I could see was an arm and someone behind the door kept asking me "What did you do with it? Where is it?" no idea what they were talking about.
Can't move, hard to breathe, etc.
It's also been linked to Alice in Wonderland Syndrome. Where your brain produces too much DMT or something
>>
Experience this at a friends house.
It was terrible and most awful thing I can remember as I felt awake an are to noises around me but could not move I trie but it would not work. It feels uncontrollable and you are hold against your will. Awful
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.