[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The /x/ Files, Issue Nine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 15

File: all-seeing-eye.png (7KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
all-seeing-eye.png
7KB, 400x300px
Greetings, and welcome to The /x/ Files, the weekly news digest for 4chan's Paranormal board. Every Sunday, we take a quick snapshot of the mysterious world around us and bring it, in an easily readable magazine format, to the board. I am The Editor, the anonymous creator of this idea and collector of the news that will be following below. In the interests of legitimacy, I will be using a secure tripcode to post the thread; once the posts are completed, I will take the tripcode off and return to my anonymity.

Did everyone watch Awesome Games Done Quick this year? Over a million dollars raised to end cancer, and all because some guys are really, really good at videogames. That's pretty cool, if you ask me. You know what else is cool? Four new elements on the periodic table, thousands of pink bottles washing up on a remote British beach, metal balls raining on Vietnam, and a US presidential candidate promising full disclosure on UFOs. All that is in the news, along with a couple more weird stories, the C2C roundup, and all your favorite paranormal podcasts, in Issue Nine of The /x/ Files!

Table of Contents:

1: Paranormal News of the Week
2: Radio Show Roundup
3: Paranormal Podcasts
4: Editor's Note
>>
Paranormal News of the Week

Strange video shows 'Devil tree' burning from the inside

A video posted to Youtube on December 21, 2015, shows a tree burning from the inside out while producing very little smoke. The disturbing spectacle was discovered by two hikers who happened to come across it while out walking in the woods near the city of Defiance in Ohio. One of the men took out his cellphone and started to film the fire as it slowly engulfed the inside of the tree while leaving the outer trunk and branches untouched. Even more peculiar was the almost complete lack of smoke from the blaze despite its apparent intensity.

Video: https://youtu.be/gzlFMmc5b6U

Four new elements added to periodic table

The periodic table has been given four new elements, changing one of science’s most fundamental pieces of knowledge. Elements 113, 115, 117 and 118 will now be added to the table’s seventh row and make it complete, after they were verified by the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry on December 30, 2015. All of the four new admissions are man-made. The super-heavy elements are created by shoving lighter nuclei into each other and are found in the radioactive decay — which only exists for a tiny fraction of a second before they decay into other elements. The elements have been worked on since at least 2004, when studies began showing the discovery and priority of element 113. But they have all now satisfied the strict tests to be admitted to the periodic table.

Full Story: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/periodic-table-gets-four-new-elements-making-science-textbooks-around-the-world-out-of-date-a6795256.html
>>
Clinton vows to investigate UFOs and Area 51

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has promised that if she is elected as the next president of the United States she will “get to the bottom” of questions and controversy over what the U.S. government knows about UFOs and aliens. Clinton reportedly made the promise during an interview with The Conway Daily Sun reporter Daymond Steer while campaigning in New Hampshire. When Steer asked the Democratic candidate about her position on UFOs and ETs and whether she would support efforts by UFO disclosure groups, she answered, “Yes, I am going to get to the bottom of it.”

Full Story: http://www.conwaydailysun.com/newsx/local-news/123978-clinton-promises-to-investigate-ufos

Mystery pink bottles wash up along UK coast

The bizarre problem began on January 3rd, when the brightly-colored bottles turned up on Britain's southernmost shores. Volunteers at Poldhu Beach in Cornwall have since been attempting the unenviable task of picking them all up, however more are arriving all the time and it looks like they might continue to deluge the coast for weeks. Ross Hocking, owner of the Poldhu Beach cafe, said up to 3,000 bottles had washed up on Poldhu beach since Sunday - with more surfacing every minute. The 30-year-old said: “I think they will be coming in for months. The way the wind and tide is going, it will be a long time before they stop completely coming in." Other unusual flotsam that has previously washed up on the beach includes millions of Lego pieces in the ‘90s, and a large number number of lighters, he added.

Full Story: http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/thousands-of-pink-bottles-wash-up-on-cornwall-beach-1-3992003
>>
Deformed Mountain Lion Found With Fangs in Forehead

It sounds like a hoax: A mountain lion with a second set of teeth growing out of its forehead. But the Idaho Department of Fish and Game has confirmed that the young male mountain lion legally shot south of Preston had a growth on its head with a full set of fangs. The growth, which hints at the snout of another cougar, had small whiskers as well. It came to the department’s attention after it was shot at by a landowner, who saw it attacking a neighbor’s dog. Although the mountain lion ran off, the hunter followed it into the hills with his hounds and eventually killed it.

Full Story: http://news.discovery.com/animals/endangered-species/deformed-mountain-lion-had-fangs-in-forehead-160110.htm

Giant metal balls fall from sky over Vietnam

The Vietnamese military seized three metal balls that fell from the sky on Saturday, January 9th. The mysterious objects landed in northern Vietnam where witnesses from the Tan Dong and Bao Dap communities heard thunder-like sounds and saw "flying objects" in the sky before the metal balls crash-landed. The two smaller metal balls weighed 250 grams and 6 kilograms respectively. The third and largest metal ball weighed 35 to 45 kilograms, and is as big as an exercise ball. This is the fifth reported incident of metal spheres falling from the sky in the past three months; three of which landed in Spain, the fourth landing in Turkey.

Full Story: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/122825/20160109/vietnam-officials-seize-mysterious-metal-balls-that-fell-from-space.htm
>>
"For Allah" Inscription Found on Viking Era Ring

Ancient tales about Viking expeditions to Islamic countries had some elements of truth, according to recent analysis of a ring recovered from a 9th century Swedish grave. Featuring a pink-violet colored stone with an inscription that reads “for Allah” or “to Allah,” the silver ring was found during the 1872-1895 excavations of grave fields at the Viking age trading center of Birka, some 15.5 miles west of Stockholm. “The Viking Sagas and Chronicles tell us of Viking expeditions to the Black and Caspian Seas, and beyond, but we don’t know what is fact and what is fiction in these stories,” said Sebastian Wärmländer of Stockholm University. “The mint condition of the ring corroborates ancient tales about direct contacts between Viking Age Scandinavia and the Islamic world.”

Full Story: http://news.discovery.com/history/archaeology/for-allah-inscription-found-on-viking-era-ring-15031.htm
>>
File: Coast.png (200KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Coast.png
200KB, 512x512px
Radio Show Roundup

Coast to Coast AM with George Noory

Monday: Rise of Robots/Cryptid Lore

In the first half, Martin Ford discussed how technology, AI, and robotics are moving toward making many "good jobs" obsolete. In the latter half, cryptozoologist Ken Gerhard talked about sightings of various cryptids such as Bigfoot, Mothman, and the Loch Ness Monster, as well as his investigations into anomalous events and creatures in the state of Alaska.

Tuesday: Trends of 2016/Psychic Investigating

In the first half, business consultant and financial writer George Ure discussed his analysis of the economy, and trends unfolding in 2016. In the latter half, psychic Gale St. John spoke about her work with police departments around the country as a psychic detective working on murder and missing person cases.

Wednesday: 2016 Timetraks/ET Disclosure

In the first half, futurist Paul Guercio and physicist Dr. George Hart, who developed a software-based forecasting technology called the Merlin Project, discussed their timetraks for world events, as well as the 2016 presidential candidates. In the latter half, political activist and lobbyist Stephen Bassett discussed the latest developments happening in the push for government disclosure of what they know.

Thursday: Mind Control & Programming/The Tarot

In the first half, medical intuitive, author and lecturer Stewart Swerdlow talked about mind control and various concepts such as "end times programming," and a "staged alien invasion." In the latter half, clinical psychologist Art Rosengarten discussed the 600-year old Renaissance-based Tarot deck and how it's potentially a high-powered psycho-spiritual instrument for the 21st century.

Friday: Conspiracy Insights/Open Lines

Alternative news program BUZZSAW's host, and son of acclaimed director Oliver Stone, Sean Stone joined guest host Jimmy Church to share his insights on conspiracies and current events. Open lines followed.
>>
File: Podcasts.jpg (182KB, 1054x1157px) Image search: [Google]
Podcasts.jpg
182KB, 1054x1157px
Paranormal Podcasts

Last Podcast on the Left: Leonard Lake and Charles Ng Part IV: Roughly Ten Cats

It’s the conclusion to the saga of Leonard Lake and Charles Ng on this week’s Last Podcast as we cover the pair’s inevitable arrest, the gruesome discoveries made after their capture, and the bizarre trial of Charles Ng.

Link: http://cavecomedyradio.com/podcast-episode/leonard-lake-and-charles-ng-part-iv-roughly-ten-cats/

Paranormal Podcast: 2016 Predictions

Psychic Elizabeth Joyce joins us to talk about what she sees in 2016 plus we discuss chakras.

Link: http://jimharold.com/2016-predictions-paranormal-podcast-413/

The Paracast: January 10th, 2016

When it comes to UFO researchers, Chris Rutkowski is a class act. He returns to The Paracast for a 2015 UFO sighting update, his reaction to Hilary Clinton’s promise to look into UFOs, the “new” Ufology and other hot topics in the field. We also focus on pop culture and sci-fi.

Link: http://www.theparacast.com/

Expanded Perspectives: The Battle of Los Angeles

On this episode of Expanded Perspectives the guys talk about the giant squid, rarely seen outside of deep waters, that was filmed swimming near a pier in central Japan. Next, the Great Barrier Reef will have a robotic protector beginning this winter. The underwater autonomous vehicle is programmed to patrol the massive living structure in search of destructive crown-of-thorns starfish, which it then kills by lethal injection. Then, they talk about how a 10-year-old child reportedly saw a dinosaur-like bird in New Mirpur City. Finally, they bring up how small-scale Mexican marijuana farmers say the loosening of marijuana laws across the U.S. has increased competition from growers north of the border and could put them out of business. After the break Kyle presents the interesting possible UFO case know as “The Battle of Los Angeles”.

Link: http://www.expandedperspectives.com/the-battle-of-los-angeles-2/
>>
File: editors-note.png (10KB, 380x141px) Image search: [Google]
editors-note.png
10KB, 380x141px
Well, as I should have expected, some shithead tried to hack the new email account. I have that on lock, though, so no harm was done. To the anon that tried, I have this to say: Do you have nothing better to do with your time, energy, and life, except try to ruin someone else's day? Couldn't you be painting, or building something, or even just sitting on your ass and playing a video game? What is your motivation? I'm genuinely interested.

MothDan posted a new episode of his "Podcast" on Youtube. His thread has come and gone, but you can find the archive at http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17183800 and the episode at https://youtu.be/rK1bIqszw34 . Good work as always, and he name drops me for some reason. That's alright by me. I'm loathe to tripfag outside of the magazine, but if we're ever going to have good content on /x/, we need to keep supporting the good threads and letting the bad threads die.

I'll leave you all with a quote.

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. ~Richard Feynman

Archive: https://4chanxfiles.wordpress.com/

Email: [email protected]

Until Next Time
>>
Great job Editor, some good shit here
>>
Thanks editor man
I wasn't lurking /x/ since a while and you made it better

If we can contribute i will maybe send you various things i find
>>
File: vietnam-metal-balls-from-space.jpg (89KB, 557x419px) Image search: [Google]
vietnam-metal-balls-from-space.jpg
89KB, 557x419px
>>17201754
>Giant metal balls fall from sky over Vietnam

Initial findings showed they are made from Russia and could be part of a failed satellite launch. Similar objects were also found in Turkey and Spain in November 2015.

If you want to be taken seriously, post some fucking facts. Otherwise it's as if you're just posting bullshit.

I'm all for an /x/ magazine, but do it right for fucksake otherwise it's a joke.
>>
Very nice!!
>>
>>17201840
He posts a synopsis of the article, and then the link to the full story. The information you cited was in the full article. I fail to see how that's bullshit. It's not as though he's directly copy and pasting the full story, and hasn't done so in the past.
Stop being a nitpicking faggot. This is a quality thread.
>>
>>17201840
Get out.

>>17201743
Thank you OP
>>
>>17201840
probably a star
>>
>>17201768
This stinks of mothdan. Same blog type posts and copy paste shit with youtube vids.

Give it up nobody likes you.
>>
Thanks op, keep up the good work!
>>
>>17201768
There is always a dick in the crowd. Thanks for doing these they are always fun to read.
>>
File: 1293060061917.jpg (137KB, 641x534px) Image search: [Google]
1293060061917.jpg
137KB, 641x534px
>>
>>17202328
I can assure you, I'm not MothDan, though he does seem to have taken a liking to me. And you ought to as well, strange obsessive Anon. In the sea of rollplayers, troll threads, and rehashed bullshit on this board, the fact that I can turn out a thread of consistent quality, week after week, should give any of you long time lurkers reason to celebrate. The only reason I tripfag is so you don't get a bunch of shitposting copycats trying to derail the thread.

Put aside your irrational dislike, and give this a chance. It's not about me. It's about making /x/ a better board.
>>
>>17203210
OP doing the Elder Gods work, thanks Editor
>>
>>17203210
If it's about making /x/ a better board then don't post bullshit or snippets of articles that appear /x/ until you click the link and find out its fucking russian satellites. People don't like being conned, and they definitely don't like clickbait.

Do it right and people will support you. We all want /x/ to be better, posting nonsense isn't helping.
>>
If we want to read bullshit we'll hit ATS or bellgab.
>>
File: 1452112008313.jpg (2MB, 3575x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1452112008313.jpg
2MB, 3575x3000px
>>17203233
>>17203242
If you don't like it, a tripcode makes it very easy to filter my threads out. But in the past three months, you're the first to have a single complaint about a single article in a single issue. You're throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Frankly I don't give two tugs of a dead dog's dick if you don't like it. If it's not for you, then so be it. But other people on this board are fucking grateful to have good quality content at least once a week, and you aren't going to shit that up for them because I accidentally put your panties in a knot over not putting enough facts in a single story. I'll do better in the next issue, but this one has been put to bed, so either get unangry and deal with it, or filter me off your version of /x/.

Because I'm not going away, and I'm not giving up.
>>
File: 1451954579398.jpg (14KB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
1451954579398.jpg
14KB, 500x476px
>>
Thanks Editor sir.
>>
>>17201743
Thanks, OP...and post moar stories!
>>
>>17203286
It's called Constructive Criticism, no need to go full retard. You know what you did was misleading.

I like your idea of a magazine. I hope you succeed. Just do yourself a favour... Do it right. Don't shit on peoples' faces with half-truths because it will fail.

Thanks for the OP. Good luck.

Bump
>>
>>17201743
>Did everyone watch Awesome Games Done Quick this year?

Yup! I didn't watch any livestreams though just the YT recaps - I think the Super Mario Maker blind race was the most hype ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qC584MWXO4

>>17201745
>Strange video shows 'Devil tree' burning from the inside
>https://youtu.be/gzlFMmc5b6U

Trippy. That reminds me of the breathing forest floor story you had back in Issue One.
>http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/16972829/#q16972840
>https://youtu.be/njTmKCPEXwY
I hope some more innawoods spooky nature stuff happens this year.

Another great thread OP! Thanks for the promo as always and the good roundup of paranormal news.
>>
>>17201840
>>17202328
>>17203233
>>17203788
What the fuck is wrong with you? Stop posting.
>>
>>17203959
What the fuck is wrong with you? I'll post where I like. You brought me back in, I was done. I offered OP my opinion.

Suck my arse.
>>
>>17203210
You're alright m8 don't worry about it. Mothdan's stalker seems to have grown an erection for you as well lol. Quality thread as usual I look forward to seeing it again next week
>>
File: following.jpg (11KB, 744x88px) Image search: [Google]
following.jpg
11KB, 744x88px
>>17201768
>https://4chanxfiles.wordpress.com/
You're the man, The Editor. Following here and on the press.
>>
>>17202328
>blog type posts
Spotted the retard who crashed the mirrors thread. Calling the cops now.
>>
File: 1289451085462.jpg (94KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1289451085462.jpg
94KB, 500x500px
for all the things to get salty about, this thread isn't one of them
>>
File: 1293078715822.jpg (190KB, 575x632px) Image search: [Google]
1293078715822.jpg
190KB, 575x632px
>>
>>17201751
>Clinton vows to investigate UFOs and Area 51
This was quite the announcement. It's funny how quickly we forgot about it though.
>>
>>17203940
That breathing earth video looks like it's just the high winds pushing the trees back and forth and their roots pulling up on the top soil, giving it that 'breathing' effect. Cool looking but not spooky.
>>
This is fucking solid, great thread Editor-man.
>>
>>17205531
Hillary is going for the retarded 8 year old vote.
>>
Bump it up
>>
Great stuff, thanks OP!
>>
File: 1293764103837.jpg (74KB, 363x377px) Image search: [Google]
1293764103837.jpg
74KB, 363x377px
>>
File: 1291512244408.jpg (325KB, 789x990px) Image search: [Google]
1291512244408.jpg
325KB, 789x990px
>>
>>17201743
HOLY CRAP, THIS IS AWESOME. Will check for this every week now.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.