[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/ How do i force a nightmare?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: 1452040266008.gif (586KB, 400x165px) Image search: [Google]
1452040266008.gif
586KB, 400x165px
Hey /x/

How do i force a nightmare?
>>
Eat a lot of spicy shit and mustard right before you go to bed, do this after you brush your teeth or don't brush them that night.
>>
>>17198010
this, plus:
>set a timer to start playing spoopy noises an hour or so after you fall asleep
>get someone to sneak in and poke you/mess with you while you're sleeping, but without waking you up
>sleep in an uncomfortable position or one in which your arm or leg might fall asleep or there might be something lying across your throat (of course you don't want to choke in your sleep)
>sleep with one or more limbs dangling off the edge of the bed - might induce falling dreams
and the most obvious
>watch/read/listen to something scary or disturbing before bed
there's no way to guarantee you'll have a nightmare, but those things should help.

why do you want a nightmare OP?
>>
>>17198005
Funny you should ask.
I tried to force a nightmare the other night in order for inspiration for horror filmmaking, and boy did I get a good one.
Listen to Pharmakon's "abandon" album, and then listen to Enemite "Wuyan" album. Play silent hill. Think about the worst dreams you've ever had. Look up images of real death. Do this for an entire evening. While listening to the albums picture the bleakest scenarios- listening to your S.O getting fucked for money as you lie in a heap crying. Getting a forced abortion. Really nasty stuff. Your subconscious will cook you up something delicious.
>>
>>17198026
I fucking love nightmares

Horror movies don't scare me that much anymore so i want something more intense

I'm a huge horror fan
>>
>>17198031
Thanks for that

I don't find that music creepy tho

I want some songs like "Hamburger Lady"
>>
>>17198005
Have a life filled with trauma and regret along with constant anxiety. My dreams are often uncomfortable and some are like living in a horror movie
>>
Listen to burzum
>>
>>17198032
induce sleep paralysis
>>
>>17198049
>>17198005
By watching this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K4310XOz4tc
>>
>>17198005
Focus on what you hate and fear before you go to bed
I mean really feel it
>>
Sleep slightly too hot. Another thin blanket or something. Not unbearably uncomfortable, just a little hotter. Enjoy.
>>
Sleep either belly down, or on your right side.
>>
Stress, withdraw and toxins. So stop smoking your weed and drinking your coffee and drink a bottle of the cheapest bottom shelf liquor. You will have yourself some nightmares.
>>
Usually if I drink a shit ton of water before bed I'll get a nightmare.
>>
File: ThisWay.png (4KB, 466x488px) Image search: [Google]
ThisWay.png
4KB, 466x488px
sleep with your hands in your chest.
>>
>>17199272
why
>>
>>17198005
Eat a lot of Chipotle...but the nightmare would be forced out your ass though
>>
>>17198048
Listen to Not Waving by That Heat
>>
>>17199288

Sleeping on your back with your hands in the chest will cause nightmares because , as you 'll know during sleep breathing becomes deep and slow , to oxygenate the brain , also metabolism slows and all physical energy is used in the processing of information ... and neurological hands as chest press , the amount of oxygen going to your brain is more limited, the brain has to do more with less energy and dreams tend to become chaotic and confusing = nightmares.
>>
>>17199322
fucking dyslexia
>>
Put a bunch of spiders in your bed
>>
>>17198005
when you close your eyes to go to sleep keep looking side to side, sounds dumb, but works for me
>>
>>17198005
sleep facing the ceiling. blood will pool to your amygdala and sleep paralysis will occur, this doesn't always work however.
>>
>>17199322
>>17199566
yeah this guy gets it sleep on your back
>>
File: 1451281250536.png (97KB, 331x321px) Image search: [Google]
1451281250536.png
97KB, 331x321px
>>17199514
>a bunch
Kek
>>
>>17199294
Top kek
>>
>>17199575
Yes, I've never understood why, but sleeping on my back used to guarantee that I have a nightmare or get sleep paralysis. Also, I don't recommend this but taking sleep aids like Unisom would cause me to have very vivid and scary dreams. Taking twice the recommended would almost guarantee it. Might do the same for you, but I'd try a more natural way to avoid causing dependence,and of course taking more than the recommended dose always has it's risks.
>>
>>17199272
>>17199322
not OP but i sleep like that every night and haven't had a nightmare in years, maybe it's just a personal thing that varies from person to person. However, I do have very confusing and weird dreams, not scary but just weird as fuck
>>
I really enjoy nightmares too.

>>17198048
Not really what you are asking for but I find both of these have a nice creepy and dark vibe to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rwfqsjimRM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tr0otuiQuU

Also melatonin and picturing your self falling eternally into pitch blackness helps.
>>
File: jN7unoF.gif (4MB, 400x335px) Image search: [Google]
jN7unoF.gif
4MB, 400x335px
Look at some spooki skeletors
>>
>>17198005
Idk how old you are but if you can get your hands on some chantix(a pill to help you stop smoking) I would almost guarantee you will have the most vivid dream ever. Not sure if they'll be nightmares, but definitely weird dreams. I keep some around just for this purpose
>>
Just dont use the restroom that will do it. I have nightmares when i have to use the restroom and dont use it becuse im cold and lazy to get up.
>>
>>17199735
The most unsettling thing about sleeping on Chantix is that I never felt like I was truly asleep. Some part of me remained on guard. It was more like lucid dreaming, what I thought it might feel like to be hypnotized. And it didn’t entirely go away come morning. As I showered, shaved, and scrambled into clothes, I tried to shake a weird, paranoid sense that I’d just been psychically raped by a household appliance.
>>
People always say don't have sugar before bed because it causes nightmares. Eat some candy/chocolate and chug soda. Also cover yourself in blankets and turn the heat up, it will make your body overheat like when you have a fever and the pressure of the blankets will make it harder to breathe.
>>
Eat As much Taco Bell as possible and then go straight to bed without a pillow.
>>
>>17199722
that's a spooky kitty
>>
>>17198005
I sleep on my back when I want to have a nightmare. It works every time.
>>
Nightmare soup

1 1/2 c hot & spicy sausage links, precooked, cut in 1/2 lengthwise, then cut at angle in 1/4" slices
3/4 c onions, diced 1/8"
1 slice bacon, diced 1/4"
1 1/4 t garlic cloves, minced
1 oz chicken bouillon
1 qt (4 c) water
2 medium potatoes, diced
2 c cavallo greens (kale can be substituted) , cut in half, then sliced into 1/16" strips
3/4 c heavy whipping cream, room temperature.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 611x611px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 611x611px
>>17198031
Dude Pharmakon's my fucking jams.

Also y'all will really dig Diamanda Galas. Check out Litanies of Satan
>>
>>17199716
You only picked that shit cause it's the intro to fucking Black Ops 2 Zombies isn't it
>>
>>17200079
Jesus Christ, that is nightmare soup since having that before bed would have me puking up acid reflux all night.
>>
sssssleep to thissssss
https://blackmedic.bandcamp.com/album/greater-dangers-await
>>
>>17200135
that's the spirit yes
>>
ok this isnt 100% but what your going to want to do is

1) binge watch something that you havent seen before. this can be tough to find something but you are going to want to flood your subconscious with new data that takes up hours of a day. do this on your day off

2) fap the day you are binge watching something. it will release some chemicals in your brain that will increase brain activity a little

3) eat before you go to bed. its bad to do this often but the sugars in your blood stream will increase activity during rem state sleep

4) take a hot shower after eating but before you go to bed this will relax you and accelerate digestion some but not a lot. even if your a morning shower person to bad its one of the steps

now i know you are saying but i want a nightmare. i said its not 100% but the combination of flooding the subconscious with new data and increasing brain activity chemically in a natural way tends to give people odd dreams. if it doesnt work the first time try it again the next day
>>
>>17198005
EAT A BUNCH OF SUGAR
>aka ice cream nightmares
>>
>>17198032
try to get into lucid dreaming. i get nightmares everytime i try it. you might also get into sleep paralysis. from what I heard, that shit is terrfying as hell
>>
File: Piano_lessons_can_be_murder.jpg (38KB, 393x561px) Image search: [Google]
Piano_lessons_can_be_murder.jpg
38KB, 393x561px
>>17199716
I never played any call of duty except 4.

I always found lots of old 50s tunes have an creepy errie vibe to them and probably picked the other because off of the episode based on this book.
>>
>>17201048
ment to quote
>>17200097
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.