[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UVB-76

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
Hoax or really spoopy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCC8Xb7K0c8
>>
>>17191381

The real question we should all be asking is, why is it still broadcasting?

>Dead Mans Switch
>>
>>17191381
nuclear arsenal dead hand switch
>>
Listened in and spent a fair amount of time recording over night sessions of UVB-76, most I ever heard was one way communications that sounded kind of ominous and some music. Spoopiest thing I ever heard was someone whispering into the mic.
>>
>>17191385

I wouldn't be surprised if the WWIII starts, their comms would be more common.
>>
>>17192729

I've been listening yesterday and the buzz had stopped for a few minutes.
>>
>>17192915
Yeah I used to listen in to it a lot and that would happen for hours at a time, not that uncommon.
>>
>>17191381
I thought this was confirmed as being a signal to control troops in Moscow after the signal moved? They just don't use it much.
>>
>>17191381
It's just a channel to relay information. The reason there's a buzzer is to hold the frequency so that nobody else can effectively broadcast on it so it's basically reserved for the Russian/soviet military. If you're trying to send codes and messages to operatives so that they can recieve and decode it but some dickhead decides to broadcast his naruto radio show on the same frequency. You're a little bit fucked. Hence the buzzer, making the frequency useless for anyone else to use and therefor broadcast

Nothing spooky and obviously not a hoax... Stupid question.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRR_qHXoXek
>>
>>17196704
>basically this
>>
>>17191381
>Hoax or really spoopy?

Hoax? Hoax? I think the existence of this Russian military radio station is 100% confirmed.

It might be something extremely boring such as a way to check the radio operators are awake though. Might sound silly but I was a radio operator in the army and it makes sense to me.
>>
>>17192608
>nuclear arsenal dead hand switch
If that buggy piece of garbage was a dead man's switch we would have been radioactive for 10-30 years.
>>
>>17192915
>I've been listening yesterday and the buzz had stopped for a few minutes.
Yeah, and since it is a dead man's switch we obviously have been nuked. We just didn't notice it yet.
>>
It sounds like a Probe Droid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGYYIwOVAIE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxG5BgkfvP8
>>
It relays instructions to surrounding bases when the buzz stop and they start saying Russian phonetic alphabet, other wise the buzz is there as a way to say it's on a kind of stand by, do more research faggots.
>>
>>17192904

Russia cannot afford to fight WW3.
>>
>>17196704

>As if anon knows what the fuck he's talking about in the first place
>>
>>17199149
What?
>>
File: 1327101361058.gif (2MB, 220x190px) Image search: [Google]
1327101361058.gif
2MB, 220x190px
>>17196704
>but some dickhead decides to broadcast his naruto radio show
I chuckled.
>>
no matter what anybody tells me what that is, that shit still scares the shit out of me.
>>
nothing incredibly spoopwoppy, just an old soviet radio station, used for KGB spies. some spies are active even now, thats why sometimes it still streams some kind of codes to them

/thread
>>
>>17197845
Damn. Fucking Berenstains.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.