[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone played The Midnight Game? What eas your experience? Also

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: Midnight_game.jpg (2KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Midnight_game.jpg
2KB, 259x194px
Anyone played The Midnight Game? What eas your experience?
Also general spoopy greentext thread.
>>
>>17179556
whatd the midnight game?
>>
PREREQUISITES:It must be exactly 12:00 AM when you begin performing the ritual. Otherwise, it will not work.
MATERIALS:You will need a candle, a piece of paper, a writing implement, matches or a lighter, salt, a wooden door, and at least one drop of your own blood. If you are playing with multiple people, they will need their own of the aforementioned materials and they will have to perform the steps below accordingly.
STEP 1:Write yourfullname (first, middle, and last) on the piece of paper. Put at least one drop of blood on the paper. Allow it to soak into the paper.
STEP 2:Turn off all of the lights in the place you are doing this. Go to your wooden door, and place the paper with your name on it in front of the door. Now, take out the candle and light it. Place it on top of the paper.
STEP 3:Knock on the door twenty-two times. The hour must be 12:00 AM upon the final knock. Then, open the door, blow out the candle, and close the door. You have just allowed the "Midnight Man" to enter your house.
>>
>>17179750
STEP 4:Immediately relight your candle.This is where the game begins. You must now lurk around your now completely dark house, with the lit candle in your hand. Your goal is to avoid the Midnight Man at all costs, until 3:33 AM. Should your candle ever go out, that means the Midnight Man is near you. You must relight your candle in the next ten seconds.If you are not successful in doing this, you must then immediately surround yourself with a circle of salt. If you are unsuccessful in both of your actions, the Midnight Man will create a hallucination of your greatest fear, and rip out your organs one by one. You will feel it, but you will be unable to react.If you are successful in creating the circle of salt, you must remain in there until 3:33 AM.If you are successful in relighting your candle, you may proceed with the game. You must continue to 3:33 AM, without being attacked by the Midnight Man, or being trapped inside the circle of salt, to win the Midnight Game. The Midnight Man will leave your house at 3:33 AM, and you will be safe to proceed with your morning.ADDITION:Indications that you are near the Midnight Man will include sudden drop in temperature, seeing a pure black, humanoid figure through the darkness, and hearing very soft whispering coming from an indiscernible source. If you experience any of these, it is advised that you leave the area to avoid the Midnight Man.
>>
Bump for interest.
>>
sounds like a great plot for a b-movie but no this won't work that way
>>
>>17179750
>>17179765
>that formatting
Come on son I know you can do better

>>17179850
>>17179865
>bumping on a board this slow
Holy shit you fucking fucks
>>
And... whats the fucking point?

What do you win/archieve? just to not get killed?

fucking stupid
>>
>>17179904
It was actually used as a pagan punishment ritual to teach to follow the rules.
>>
>>17179904
This. Games usually involve winning something of you're successful.
>>
>>17179915
[citation needed]
>>
>>17179915

No it wasnt. Cut the crap
>>
>>17179904
>>17179917
It's not a real game, insofar as completing the given objective of "surviving" until 3:33 is considered a victory. But what you win, if you're successful, is you get really really scared and possibly get to induce an experience that feels paranormal or mysterious in nature. You get the adrenaline rush of fear and curiosity.

It's bullshit, but don't be so obtuse.
>>
>>17179920
The "Midnight Game" is an old Pagan ritual, used mainly as punishment for those who have broken the laws of the Pagan religion in question.

While it was mainly used as a scare tactic to not disobey the gods, there is still a very existent chance of death to those who play the Midnight Game.
>>
>>17179946
define citation for me, anonmus

hint: [spoiler]it isn't what you did[/spoiler]
>>
>>17179946

If you believe this you gotta be underage faggot
>>
I played it. Couldn't lit the candle back on time and forgot the salt. Fuck. Then saw the midnight man in the dark house and stabbed him. Turned out it was my dad on his way to take a piss. Dad's gone since 2 years now. Mfw midnight man brought death...
>>
>>17179946
It's okay to admit that something is just made-up. Adding fake history just doesn't work on most thinking people.
>>
>>17179876
already exists
>>
I wonder how mad the guy is who anonymously posted the original creepypasta and then had that text optioned for a movie without receiving any credit. Does he go around telling everyone and trying to convince them that he's not lying?

How about a movie based on my creepypasta about a guy who gets driven insane by having his creepypasta turned into a movie?
>>
you'd think with all these supposed ritual games and shit being so well known online there would be more unsolved cases of people "having their organs ripped out one by one" in their own homes.

I mean at least with the elevator game you just go missing, and iirc the hide and seek alone says youll have a heart attack or something. But actually being gutted in your own house? That is very far fetched
>>
>>17179978
I have some experience with this sort of thing on a different board.

The short of it is, I popularized the idea of 4chan the animated series
>>
File: The Midnight Game.png (141KB, 810x2247px) Image search: [Google]
The Midnight Game.png
141KB, 810x2247px
>>17180056
The original doesn't mention being gutted, only the hallucination. Kids just like to add extra edge to things.
>>
>>17180066
Not well enough, I guess, because I have no idea what you're talking about.

And I've got some experience myself as well. I wrote a pasta back in 2007 and it's been circulated like crazy since then. People use it for all sorts of shit and I can't do a thing about it. One of my biggest fears as a writer is that it will someday be turned into a movie or published in a book and I'll have no way to prove it's mine.
>>
File: 1313512233014.png (49KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1313512233014.png
49KB, 200x200px
>blow out candle
>close door
>IT BEGINS
>grab lighter, put salt packets in my pocket
>dark figure approaches me
>move to new room, suprised he exists
>he comes into the room

>burglar in ski mask
>mfw
>>
>>17180072
like i said, another board
>>
Whoops

My cat scratched my arm to shit and some blood got on to the paper with my full name on it so my grilfreind can stop bitching about my full name it also fell to a wodden door with a lit candle next to it for some reson while my house was completly off and the cat scratch was so painful my hand kept flinching and hitting the door 22 times and then i open the door and realised 'why the fuck did i open this' and closed the door and the wind blew out the candle
>>
And I have done this IM STILL FRICKN SCARED I STILL GO TO THERIPY FOR,THIS AND I DID IR WHEN I WAS TEN IM 18 now
>>
>>17180089
good thing it's not midnight

>inb4 this clumsy motherfucker does it again
>>
>>17179955
I've studied the Wiccan religion and this is LEGITIMATELY a REAL Wiccan ritual. I HIGHLY suggest that you do NOT perform this ritual. I do remember reading that if you ARE stupid enough to do the ritual, the only way to ward him of is with a circle of salt. But, again, you should NOT attempt this.
>>
>>17180124
lmao
>>
>>17179946
Anon 1: heres one bullshit paragraph i made up

Anon 2: Can you give us a credible source to support this post?

Anon 1: ok... Heres TWO bullshit paragraphs i made up
>>
>>17180072
Which pasta did you write, if ypu mind me asking?
>>
>>17180175
Observe and Absolve.
The only way I can even sort of prove that it was written by me is the fact that it's about my hometown, regarding a location I visited often when I was a teenager.
>>
>>17180207
>Observe and Absolve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOmav2cYBNs
>>
>>17180207
meh
>>
>>17180207
Believable.

Once talked to someone who claimed they were the co-author of My Immortal. And the way they went out of their way to say it, I doubt it was a lie.
>>
>>17180231
The most amusing part is hearing everyone mispronounce 'worcester'.
>>
>>17180232
yeah, my feelings are really hurt that you gave the story i wrote almost a decade ago a 'meh' rating
yes they actually are hurt ;__;
>>
I played this with my friend...and something frightning happened. We walked through the house, and our candles never went out but...I swear I felt something touch me. Then I heard a whisper...from a diffrent language. At 4:00 am we had caught our breath from realizing we won and we went to gather the supplies and we realized something: we hadn't been playing. We had forgotten to knock. We never played the game, we had just wandered the house for no reason...
then...what was the voice?
>>
>walking around your house with a candle and all the lights off for 3 hours

Incredibly autistic
>>
>>17180264
It was only then that I was able to tell my best friend how I truly felt. We were so scared at that moment, but I had to face my biggest fear before some hallucination. I put my hand on his big strong arm, and let myself out into his ear. I don't know that I said it right at all, or if he even understood. I jerked away quickly, and we shrugged it off as something happening.

Later we realized that we had messed it all up. But that was fine, I wouldn't have wanted to hid away in the cold dark candlelight with anyone else.
>>
File: edgy-truth-logo.png (8KB, 503x275px) Image search: [Google]
edgy-truth-logo.png
8KB, 503x275px
>>17179904
>>
>>17180124
Wicca isnt real faggot it was made up in the 20th century
>>
File: 1443911029487.jpg (32KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1443911029487.jpg
32KB, 540x960px
>>17179946
>lights candle
>walks around house in the dark bumping into shit like an idiot
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTKQg7wTSjw
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.