[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (61KB, 426x425px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 426x425px
A friend gave this to me, but I have no idea what the symbol is supposed to mean. Any ideas?
>>
It doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>17179261
It's a vagina.
>>
>>17179271
She said it was some old Norse symbol, but that's all I know.
>>
>>17179261
Why did your friend give it to you?
>>
>>17179308
She said she felt something from it and needed to get rid if it, she didn't go into specifics. I doubt it's "cursed" or whatever, considering it looks somewhat cheaply made and not all that old.
>>
Stylized Modern take on the Triple Horn of Odin perhaps
>>
she wants to scissor with you

>>17179334

all I see here is a triple venn diagram
>>
>>17179326
>it felt "cursed"
>gave it to you
With friends like these...
>>
>>17179447
Ha, I really don't think there's anything going on with it. At least I hope not.
>>
>>17179334
Isn't that what's on the side of Thor's hammer?
>>
Doesn t mean anything. Used to have one myself, bought it for like 2 bucks from a street vendor, there were a bunch of them
>>
And that sure ain t a norse symbol, it s supposed to be a squid or some shit
>>
File: 1415323089040.jpg (206KB, 621x520px) Image search: [Google]
1415323089040.jpg
206KB, 621x520px
succubus vagina
>>
>>17179261
SPAGHETTI MONSTER
>>
>>17179662
No one believes you.
>>
>>17179261
your friend just wanted you to stop browsing 4chan and become a surf bro with the other cool bros so you would not live a sad and lonely life inside all day long.Your bro is a real dude bro
>>
>>17179281
His mom's hairy vagina.
>>
>>17179295
it does look like a horker
>>
>>17179261
TL:DR It's called the mask of Odin. Found on brooches in a burial site. Masks on ravens since ravens are his birds and he himself is known for his disguises.

Wiki excerpt :
A pair of identical Germanic Iron Age bird-shaped brooches from Bejsebakke in northern Denmark may be depictions of Huginn and Muninn. The back of each bird feature a mask-motif, and the feet of the birds are shaped like the heads of animals. The feathers of the birds are also composed of animal-heads. Together, the animal-heads on the feathers form a mask on the back of the bird. The birds have powerful beaks and fan shaped tails, indicating that they are ravens. The brooches were intended to be worn on each shoulder, after Germanic Iron Age fashion.[52] Archaeologist Peter Vang Petersen comments that while the symbolism of the brooches is open to debate, the shape of the beaks and tail feathers confirms the brooch depictions are ravens. Petersen notes that "raven-shaped ornaments worn as a pair, after the fashion of the day, one on each shoulder, makes one's thoughts turn towards Odin's ravens and the cult of Odin in the Germanic Iron Age." Petersen says that Odin is associated with disguise and that the masks on the ravens may be portraits of Odin.[52]
>>
>>17181829
OP here, thank you very much!
>>
>>17181929
Np
>>
>>17181929
Info anon again.
If the whole "something isn't right" thing is still bothering you just cleanse it. There are a lot of different ways to go about it, it's going to depend on what you feel most comfortable with. Sage, salt, holy water, ritual, prayer. Whatever works for you man. The best I ever saw when it comes to trinkets of unknown origin though, put it in a cloth bag with some salt and rice. Close the bag. Bury it until the next new moon. Covers a wide variety of religious theories, but if that doesn't work for you, Google is your friend.
>>
Why use holy water, just look up how to make a small sacrifice to odin and get the all-father on your side.
>>
>>17181998
If I start to feel anything from it I'll try that. I need to ask my friend when she got it and how long she'd had it before she started to feel something. Do you think it's possible that a spirit or entity could've latched onto the necklace?
>>
Well, maybe she did some kind of ritual with it, or maybe someone else gave it to her, but I do not think you can use it to really curse someone, unless they attached a vätte to it, which could backfire right in your face.
>>
>>17182052
Is there any way to test if an object is cursed/possessed, besides waiting for shit to happen?
>>
>>17179594
lay it on the ground.
for some time.
put it into salted water.
pour the water away.
put it into normal salt.
say:"in the name of my spiritual sparkle: be cleand from all evil energy, that may be inside there" (and mean it)
"all evil energy that may be inside there shall go away. now."
well.. also you can use incense sticks.
thats about all i know for now.
>>
>>17181829
great to see another guy just as weird as me on /x/
is it any wonder?
praise the weird.
>>
>>17182875
Weirdos represent yo.
>>
>>17182343
to feel it.
to ask it.
>>
>>17179261
Maybe it's just a cool design that somebody made into a necklace.
>>
>>17183454
But that's not paranormal at all.
>>
File: P_20160106_234338.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
P_20160106_234338.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
Found this at my grandparents house, does anyone knows what is it???
>>
Its a mask of odin. Its supposed to hide you from your enemies. Thats it.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.