[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >Like importing random data into Audacity and l

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: ss+(2016-01-05+at+10.59.13).png (46KB, 1011x620px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-05+at+10.59.13).png
46KB, 1011x620px
>Be me
>Like importing random data into Audacity and looking for cool mechanical noisy sounds
>It's mostly noise, sometimes there are actual melodies, some times, cool sounds
>Open sharedassets1.assets from Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data into Audacity as raw data ( signed 8 bit PCM, Little Endian, 1 Channel, 0bytes start offset, 44100Hz).
>Listen to it to search for some cool sounds.
>Find actual speech
>Never before found anything like it.
>It's actual speech, sounds like some demon whisper.
What is happening, /x/, are game developers satanists, or did the Devil try to invade my games?
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0psr9cjeBWg
Here's that part of the file.
>>
>>17178885
Also, for people working with music, it will be easy to recognize human speech in wave form. This is speech undoubtedly.
>>
>>17178885
Shit
>>
>>17178894
Import it yourself, fag, if you don't believe me, fucking imbecile.
>>
>>17178885
What does it says? And from what game?
>>
I don't know and it's from Pillars of Eternity.
>>
It really does sound like speech, but I'm inclined to chalk this up to pareidolia or a lame troll attempt by OP.
>>
Can someone else confirm this? I need reassurance
>>
>>17178943
You can check it yourself fag, it's literally that easy, just import as raw data with those settings.

I'm currently trying different bitrates, I found that an unsigned 8bit, gives even more weird speech-looking sounds. To me it sounds like some screams or something.
>>
>>17178985
I think its safe to assume its in-game sound
>>
>>17178985
I'm not saying that wasn't actual in the data, fag, I just think it's pareidolia. That, or it's audio from the game? You've got to be pretty stupid to think there's some sort of satanic message hidden. What's the message? Why would anyone do that?

These aren't mysteries, they're rhetorical questions.
>>
>>17179005
It can't be audio from the game, cause I'm reading an assets pack, god knows how it's compressed. Literally the whole sound clip without this part is just noise. It is possible for it to be catching some bytes from some audio clip, but it wouldn't be distorted, cause slight byte offsets would cause different sounds and this looks like speech, not fucking noise or sounds of any kind. If it's compressed, which it possibly is, forget about catching any wave bytes.
>>
>>17179022
Okay, so that eliminates a prank and eliminates audio from the game. Hello, pareidolia.
>>
>>17179038
It's unnatural if you understand what I mean, this type of waveform will never occur in known compression/storage, whatever methods.
It sounds weird, but what is more weird is the waveform. Record yourself speaking in the mic and see the waveform, that is speech waveform and you can't find it anywhere in random files from your computer, look at my pic, the middle thing is the speech waveform, the surrounding waveform is typical noise from reading raw data into waveform, this is what it's supposed to be, not a fucking speech.
>>
>>17179038
>pareidolia

I am an autistic child in deep needs.

My family leaves me in the basement

I got internets. I learn new words.

I got this new one

No idea what it means

But I like repeating it

I like being an autistic fag in deep needs
>>
>>17179061
And? What do you think that signifies, exactly?
>>
>>17179072
We can at least try to solve it somehow
>>
>>17179068
That's... literally the word you would use to describe something like this. What seems to be the problem?
>>
>>17179076
Solve what? It's just noise. You like pretending to be an audio expert, try to make the audio clearer. Then, once it's clear, it should be pretty obvious what's going on.
>>
Whatever this is there's not enough speech to have any sort of meaningful message.

I suspect it's just compressed/packed weirdly or just something that should have been left out.

Pretty cool though OP.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-_6GlhT10I

very relevant
>>
OP here, I found out that it's an audio from the game, fucking stupid devs put a .wav file into an archive full of .oggs, that's why I'm seeing only this one and freaked out. FUCKING DEVS ARE THIS FUCKING RETARDED, THEY ALMOST GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK
>>
>>17179136
We all figured this out a long time ago, fag.
>>
>>17179138
Why are you in the thread, then? Fucking retard.
>>
>>17179146
Because it's fun to pretend that there are more things happening in this world than what we already know about. I'm always hoping to find something that can't be disproved.
>>
>>17179068
That's exactly the word you'd use. Why don't you look it up, you fucking retard?
>>
I heard a scream in one and a voice in another
Pretty cool stuff
>>
>>17178888
>Also, for people working with music, it will be easy to recognize human speech in wave form.

What?
No just no, stop pretending to know audio engineering.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1zd6fnJyiaS

Dayz Weapons sounds PBO file. Jesus all I hear is breathing
>>
File: coded - Copy.png (84KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
coded - Copy.png
84KB, 400x400px
try me!
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.