[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crowes Official Codex Thread #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: enochian-altar.gif (229KB, 1400x1430px) Image search: [Google]
enochian-altar.gif
229KB, 1400x1430px
Hey /x/, I am here to share the information I have gathered from the hunting and study of the supernatural. You can find my demon thread here
->>17159506
-
Today, we will be talking about the undead.
>>
>>17170332
The term 'Undead' has been utterly confused and bastardized more times than you can count. It does not mean "walking corpse" or "living dead".
More accurately, it means "Should be dead."
Undeath is more like a mental sickness than a magical curse.
>>
File: crypt_ghoul_by_tycarey.jpg (182KB, 700x730px) Image search: [Google]
crypt_ghoul_by_tycarey.jpg
182KB, 700x730px
>>17170341
Undeath is caused by one of 2 things: Consumption of large quantities of human flesh, or, deliberate lobotomy.
Undead that are born from the consumption of human flesh are known as Ghouls, Wendigos, or Ghuls, depending on the culture.

Undead that are created from lobotomy are known as Zombies, for the most part.
>>
Oh goodie, something original. Now when you say undead, what exactly to you mean?

Normal biological life (i.e. metabolism) has stopped, yet the subject still is observably "alive?"
Some fundamental aspect of the organism has changed to put it in line with a new category of life?
Perhaps some superficial change like lack of aging, ability to take large amounts of structural damage, etc?

Gotta define our terms. Be as specific as possible, please.
>>
>>17170364

Those two things aren't even categorically comparative aside from the fact that they cause brain damage. Is undeath really just (possibly severe) brain damage?
>>
File: doaq6ybm3al5he83nmek.jpg (210KB, 666x900px) Image search: [Google]
doaq6ybm3al5he83nmek.jpg
210KB, 666x900px
>>17170364
Eating only human flesh out of desperation, insanity or forced torture dulls the brain and nerves, theorized to be due to high salt content and surplus of vitamin D. If human flesh is your only food for long enough, you may die or become a ghoul. Your only instinct will be survival and you will revert to an animistic state, hungry for more of the flesh you will now crave. Eventually, your memories will fade and you senses will sharpen, turning you into the perfect killing machine.
>>
>>17170366
The first one.
>>17170381
Exactly correct.
>>
File: Ghoul_concept.jpg (86KB, 427x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ghoul_concept.jpg
86KB, 427x500px
>>17170397
Extreme conditions and pain will stop bothering the ghoul, due to dead nerves and tough skin, but its muscular strength and bone structure will weaken due to malnutrition. Ghouls can and do eat animals, but prefer to eat human flesh.
>>
File: Ghoul_-_David_Griffith.jpg (197KB, 640x836px) Image search: [Google]
Ghoul_-_David_Griffith.jpg
197KB, 640x836px
>>17170415
Once the ghouls stomach is used to digesting large amounts of raw meat, it will begin to be able to process rotten flesh. The ghoul will usually have a much sharper sense of smell at this point. Ghouls have been known to dig up graves and feast on their contents. Ghouls do use weapons (primitive things like knives, clubs or rocks) and fight ferociously, but are fearful or cautious around fire, theorized to be a primal instinct that the brain has maintained.
>>
File: ghoul_by_thedjib.jpg (105KB, 611x700px) Image search: [Google]
ghoul_by_thedjib.jpg
105KB, 611x700px
>>17170435
Ghouls die by normal means, but don't go down as easy as normal humans. They fight like cornered animals and feel little or no pain. They often employ stealth tactics, and their bite can cause disease. Successful hunters should carry powerful weapons and one or more sources of fire. A 360 degree light source is also recommended (like a lantern or light globe).
>>
If I become a ghoul do I get a free tattered loincloth too?
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 170x297px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 170x297px
>>17170448
Ghouls memories fade into obscurity not long after joining the undead. They will attack a stranger or a close loved one indiscriminately. There is no known way to cure undeath after a certain point due to irreversible damage to the brain. There are, however, other things that effect a ghouls actions. It has been said that presentation of a holy symbol and reading of holy texts can ignite the remaining shreds of faith in a ghouls near-destroyed brain, temporarily pacifying them. That would only work if the ghoul in question happened to be religious in life. Music is also said to remind the ghoul of its humanity in a similar way.
>>
>>17170453
Urgh, the available ghoul art is so limited.
>>
>>17170448
Where are you getting this information? MHI? Why are you so sure you are right? What proof do you have?
>>
>>17170478
I am a monster hunter and have encountered things of this nature before. I don't have any proof that I can present so you can either leave or take my word for it. Either way, remember it because it may save your life one day.
>>
>>17170464
Zombies are extremely rare in modern society and don't require a lengthy explanation. In the past, people would purposely damage or remove certain parts of a persons brain to make them more suggestible, or enslave them. It has been written that zombies will fight and kill for their master.
>>
>>17170482
What, do you collect P.U.F.F. too? How did you become a hunter?
>>
>>17170495
And thatm /x/, is it for tonight. If anybody has any questions they can direct them to my email.
[email protected]

Happy hunting /x/!
>>
>>17170482
>encountered things of this nature before.
>don't have any proof

pick one or stop RP
>>
>>17172139

Let him have his RP, it's actually pretty well crafted.

It's nice to see something well thought out instead of the usual "I am a dark wizard/angel/demon/half demon-angel-dark wizard/god, ask me anything."
>>
Op i was attacked like a week after I tried to summon the demon Orobas with a friend, violent unexplainable blunt weapon slashes all over my back with a smaller one on my face. Nothing else since.

halp
>>
>>17172511
>>17152078
My archived thread
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.