[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cold Horror

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

Greetings, ladies and germs.

It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I recently felt an urge to visit and now here I am. So, I'm currently reading At The Mountains Of Madness, and was wondering if any of you know about other works of fiction, be they novels, films or otherwise, that take place in the frozen wilderness, prefferably Canada. Extra points for really obscure shit.

I'll also be posting some of my own winter movie recomendations, and I hope you enjoy them as well.
>>
File: ravenous-guy-pearce.jpg (196KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ravenous-guy-pearce.jpg
196KB, 1280x720px
This is a personal favourite, one of the best 'Wendigo' movies out there, in my opinion. Ravenous is a dark-comedy with horror elements, masterfully directed despite a turbulent production. The atmosphere is great, and the ending is amazing. Not for everyone, as the sudden shifts in tone and weird banjo soundtrack piss some people off, but I love it.
>>
https://maggiemcneill.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/the-wendigo-by-algernon-blackwood.pdf

here ya go
>>
Now this is a REALLY Canadian one. Ginger Snaps: The Beginning is the third installment in the Ginger Snaps franchise, and though it's also the worst of the bunch, I find it to be a pretty entertaining werewolf story. The atmosphere and time period are similar to Ravenous, but in general this is just a passable movie.
>>
File: eIM2Ucy0Z9JYgu46NvMDbkhiyXN.jpg (179KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
eIM2Ucy0Z9JYgu46NvMDbkhiyXN.jpg
179KB, 1280x720px
>>17169979
Forgot to post the image
>>17169969
And I guess Anon delivered! Thanks, dude
>>
>>17169949
I love how goofy the soundtrack is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM_SuN7P5X4
>>
>>17170009
meant to reply to
>>17169960
>>
File: 68099-27713.gif (53KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
68099-27713.gif
53KB, 320x240px
>>17170009
lol, that movie is better than it has any right to be

And now we have 30 Days of Night, a much maligned vampire movie that I personally love. If not for that poorly-handled ending, this would have been a classic. The Alaskan night and unsettling vampire effects make this one watchable.
>>
File: Aconcagua_video_game.jpg (18KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Aconcagua_video_game.jpg
18KB, 256x256px
/vr/ here give this a spin. Not really supernatural but it'll surprise you how good it is.

For something older: Prisoner of Ice
For something newer: Penumbra
>>
>>17169949
Google "The Valley of Headless Men"

It's in northern Canada. People know not to go there.
>>
File: nOpBylJ.png (598KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
nOpBylJ.png
598KB, 600x840px
>>17170442
jesus christ that place is my paranormal wet dream
>cold
>remote
>bodies of miners found beheaded
>cryptids which may be not extinct North American megafauna
>mysterious native tribe which dissapeared
>ayy lmaos
>>
>>17170411
I'm already a fan of the Penumbra series, but I've never heard of Aconcagua. I'm watching some gameplay videos now, wish this had come to the west.

>>17170442
Thanks! Never heard of this before, would make a really good movie. I highly doubt the deaths are coincidences if they occured as people described.
>>
>>17170521
>wish this had come to the west.
It's playable. All the dialogue is in English
>>
>>17170526
None of the text is, sadly. From what I'm seeing it's a text-heavy title like Resident Evil. I'll try to find a mod or something. Heck, just watching it is already cool.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.