[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is it? Will it ever be cracked? Shit is driving me nuts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

File: 265979.jpg (48KB, 330x500px) Image search: [Google]
265979.jpg
48KB, 330x500px
What the fuck is it? Will it ever be cracked?
Shit is driving me nuts
>>
A medieval troll, at his finest.
>>
>>17165351
how though everything was written perfectly in one try
>>
>>17165330
There's nothing to crack, it was done as esoteric art.
>>
>>17165351
>>17165365

also this proves it's not a troll it's a real language

http://www.livescience.com/37737-voynich-manuscript-language-hoax.html
>>
>>17165366
Huh, interesting read. Thanks, Anon.
>>
>>17165366
Wellllll...it says it has a structure that resembles a real language but the last linguist says it isn't, so it's more like a code.

Still fun, though.
>>
Something to do with doorways or gateways, as in gateways to another dimension, presumably through psychedelics like DMT and similar.
>>
>>17165351
>Lol they were just like us XD le first ebin trolls :D History nevar changez >:) lolololol
I hate when people say this, reddit tier
>>
It contains common plants and their applications in an encoded Latin language.
This guy has done a lot of work on it with the help of the public... https:// stephenbax.net/
>>
>>17165330
Its a manual of the plant life and alchemy from planet x
>>
>>17165666
nice trips but is it inconceivable that the manuscript was written solely to fuck with people?
>>
>>17166704
>It contains common plants
Yes, but the mystery here is what of the unknown unidentifiable plants?
>>
spoopy
>>
>>17166725
Why would someone go to the trouble of making the gibberish have structure like real languages and be statistically like real languages? That's a shit ton of work for someone to go through on the off chance that this document survives for hundreds of years and computers are invented one day to perform statistical analysis. The number of people who were (a) well educated, (b) able to write, (c) knowledgable of basic math, and (d) knowledgable of statistics, is tiny when this was written. Why would one of the world's more educated people waste their time on a hoax that would likely get used to start a fire? "Aliens" is literally more likely than it being a hoax.
>>
>>17167995
this
>>
>>17167995
Considering its the only piece of literature or history with that language, and thus there is nothing else to compare it to, I doubt the author would need all that statistical analysis you're talking about. If he had a few good weeks/months it probably wouldn't be that hard to fake something like this.
>>
>>17167995
Because they will be remembered for all time since people will constantly try to figure it out...........................

That's like saying no human would kill another human because of the emotional scars left by the event.
>>
>>17165330
Elaborate ye olde joke.

The language used is nonsensical.
>>17165414
Exactly. A code doesn't have to make sense, but who would write a treatise using a code, when obviously this isn't some sensitive knowledge?
It's certainly interesting, but people thinking it has any worth beyond that will be disappointed.
>>
File: 1015070-image001-1200.jpg (583KB, 1200x673px) Image search: [Google]
1015070-image001-1200.jpg
583KB, 1200x673px
>>17165330
ufff.. good that i came in here with a fixed brain waves so just try to understand what i think this book represents.
Its plants and other life forms that are intertwined trough different realities and possibly trought diffrent existances of one same reality, so the language and pictures would be understandable to entities who can tune in into that multiple existances of one reality and possibly this book was written and painted by a human who practiced existing inbetween realities* (variations of this reality).
if you understand what i just wrote, good,
if you dont understand still good.
>>
>>17168099
what language is it
>>
>>17168099
neato.
>>
>>17165330
bought a copy a few years back,used to "read" it when trippin....it dont make any sense sober
>>
>>17168471
what was it like reading it while tripping
>>
>>17168212
best to my abilities to explain what is that language is that , those letters are in form of some kind of Runes or some sacred forgotten language, but thats only human explanation.
if you are in between those existances and realms the language would be understandable at least to the limit of your learning freedom and your curiosity freedom, but you would get some answers. or more possibly a tiny part of an answer, but for human conciesness even that would probably be overwhelming and explained in a way you couldnt put it in words, since human words create barriers...im going in too deep.
there are pictures too so you can see :)
>>
>>17165330
its written in a code and it appears to be some kinda super old science journal that deals with botany, astrology/astronomy, and anatomy.
>>
>>17168552
i don't understand...i normally browse just /v/ and /sp/
>>
>>17168600
i dont understand it as well,but i belive that book is understandable trough the things i described>>17168552
>>17168099
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 337x335px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 337x335px
>>17165330
It's just a prank bro
>>
>>17168622
hard to believe someone would make up a language and learn to write consistently and without fault around 250 pages on (for that time) very expensive paper and ink just as a le ebin trole
>>
>>17168045
>Because they will be remembered for all time
Who are we remembering? Exactly.
>>
>>17168634
Yes. Anyone who says this is a hoax only shows they do not understand the time period and have not spent more than 2 minutes thinking about it.
>>
>>17168552
>>17168099

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
A fuckup from /x/ claiming he found the answer to a question that had the best people in the field baffled. Don't make me laugh with this whole tryhard shit. What you're trying to say is you have no idea what it means and so you let your imagination run wild, just like the ancient people when they could explain how lightning happens and they subscribed it to a god being pissed.

In this case, you're simply making shit up. I can understand though, I was 15 once too.
>>
>>17168660
How rooted are you in this reality?
you speak like a confused person, possibly young 17,18,19,20 years or something is keeping your thoughts still in these years.
i didnt say its imagionation, i mentioned concepts of multiple reality in which those pictures and language makes sense.
if you cant imagine this possibility, im sorry, but you need inspiration anon.
be happy :)
>>
>>17168686
nothing makes me more angry than a smiley at the end of a sentence
>>
>>17168686
This is very obviously a crafted language used for this single work. It an elaborate work of fiction, complete with modified pictures of plants. Could have been ordered by some contemporary, so that they could make money on showing it to dumb people.

When you talk about being rooted in reality, it is very clear you aren't rooted enough in any of them and you live by drowning your already gullible, weak mind, in fantasies and hoaxes.
>>
>>17168707
fascinating how you concluded all of that in a few minutes when experts have spent centuries on it and are baffled
>>
>>17168700
yeah.. you are trapped in this simple modern human vibe. go to nature or something.try nature a few times a week and i bet you'll feel better.
this time without smiley only a dot.
>>
>>17168717
dots are fucking annoying too
>>
>>17168716
he is just a human, with human thoughts with modern time and space that is his reality, and yeah i was expecting for you to reveal that you are rooted in this reality.this sad modern reality that human created for human.a lazy modern human who thinks he knows all cause of ability of quick technological evolution.
>>
>>17168716
I read/watched those expert opinions and what I said was also shared by many of them.
There's no other serious explanation. I'm pretty sure multiple reality shit wasn't considered, because seriously... You'd have to be a teenager or a troll to say this kind of tripe.
If you were smoking less weed then you'd see what I mean too.
>>
>>17168735
this guy>>17168716
isnt me.

you need stronger things than weed to try to understand my ''bullshit'' as you would call it.
enjoy the technology. you are lost in it.
>>
>>17168740
what technology do you mean?
the only technology i can't live without is my apple iphone and my compter
>>
>>17168740
>>17168734
You are very funny. A human just like me speaking as if he was something above. It's a trademark of every person of less than average inteligence. Every stupid motherfucker thinks their thoughts are original and/or totally make sense in relation to the facts in front of them.

You can see the facts, yet you ignore them in favor of your fantasies. You could really use the technology you speak of, maybe your horizons would widen.
>>
i understand nothing any of you says what the fuck im going back to /v/
>>
>>17168743
i cant explain it to you.
if you cant live without those things, go drink a hot tea and think why you cant live without ''modern prison'' most of us are in.
>>
>>17168753
yes we are all humans, but since this is not face to face talk,with good old natural eye contact you can easy picture things i wrote as some hipster thing hipsters say or some shit like that.
>>
>>17168762
what? i need it for work and stuff i also need internetr
>>
>>17168019
Well? Do it then.
>>
>>17168790
Basically just answered your own question
>>
File: 1447576970437.jpg (3MB, 1620x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1447576970437.jpg
3MB, 1620x2048px
>>17165330
Among the words he has identified is the term for Taurus, alongside a picture of seven stars which seem to be the Pleiades, and also the word KANTAIRON alongside a picture of the plant Centaury, a known mediaeval herb, as well as a number of other plants.

Although Professor Bax’s decoding is still only partial, it has generated a lot of excitement in the world of codebreaking and linguistics because it could prove a crucial breakthrough for an eventual full decipherment.

“My aim in reporting on my findings at this stage is to encourage other linguists to work with me to decode the whole script using the same approach, though it still won’t be easy. That way we can finally understand what the mysterious authors were trying to tell us,” he added.

“But already my research shows conclusively that the manuscript is not a hoax, as some have claimed, and is probably a treatise on nature, perhaps in a Near Eastern or Asian language.”
http://www.beds.ac.uk/news/2014/february/600-year-old-mystery-manuscript-decoded-by-university-of-bedfordshire-professor
>>
>>17169229
that was almost 2 years ago
any more progress since then??
>>
>>17168634
obviously you've never met a human.
>>
im not sure if you're all aware but a significant portion of the manuscript is archived here:

http://www.voynichese.com/

it's even broken down the manuscript word for word, meaning that you can select a given word and the site tells you how many times it occurs
>>
>>17169876
pretty cool thanks
let's hope 2016 is finally the year it's cracked
>>
File: 18!132118b .jpg (60KB, 503x547px) Image search: [Google]
18!132118b .jpg
60KB, 503x547px
>>
Dear humans. I have an important announcement.
>>
File: 1333722662150.png (198KB, 473x350px) Image search: [Google]
1333722662150.png
198KB, 473x350px
>>17169235
Maybe they really did decode it... Maybe the secrets they discovered are better left not known...

Imagine if it proved there was intelligent life elsewhere in the galaxy, and showed how to contact these life forms. Imagine if it enabled time travel, or cured all forms of cancer. There could be anything in that book, and there are plenty of people who want those secrets to stay hidden.
>>
>>17169229
Damn, that's an awesome video. His theories at the end seem like they could be accurate.

I wonder if maybe it was some sort of guide, possibly a sort of instruction manual for a group of people who had an isolated dialect. Maybe it was involved in trade through an isolated geographic region on the Silk Road? They would have interacted with plenty of trade caravans and thus be exposed to many different languages and ideas. This book could have been used to identify commonly traded herbs which people paid good money for.

I really don't think it's a hoax. Back then, writing was a luxury and every part of it was expensive. Paper/parchment, ink, pens, the time spent learning and practicing. I think it seems more plausible that it's a joke to us because we're used to having tons of time to fuck off and make up dumb shit. Back then, there would be no reason to make up a fake document like this. No one would really be interested in it because barely anyone could read. Plus there were other, legitimate documents which covered the same topics in languages either a doctor or other scientist of sorts could decipher.
>>
>>17165330

It was an early Cicada 3301 clue.
>>
File: Voynich_Manuscript_%28158%29.jpg (383KB, 1536x1494px) Image search: [Google]
Voynich_Manuscript_%28158%29.jpg
383KB, 1536x1494px
I like it as a work of art, if it's something more than that, even better.
>>
File: Voynich_Manuscript_%28153%29.jpg (333KB, 1143x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Voynich_Manuscript_%28153%29.jpg
333KB, 1143x1536px
looks like it depicts humans
>>
>>17170999

That's how I feel about OP's mom.
>>
>>17168563

Yeah of plants that don't exist.
>>
This page has a pretty interesting list of possible plant IDs from the manuscript. I'm not sure if the text will ever be deciphered, but I do believe it is a legitimate book. I just don't see any reason for it to be a hoax of any kind, that theory just doesn't make a lot of sense.

http://www.edithsherwood.com/voynich_botanical_plants/
>>
>>17170974
literally what
>>
I really really want to believe.... but here is what I think could have happened. Someone possibly nobility or explorer was running out of funds. They pay someone a fair sum to create this believable book. They then take said book to woever has the fattest purse and drains them dry asking for funding for an exploration to this new educated land, full of new medicines and crops (throw in some recognisable ones to make it realistic). Take money and repeat in the next town on the next fattest purse.
But I hope I am wrong.
>>
>>17170335
I watched Contact again last night. That movie still makes me uncomfortable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pfOFCUjmEU
>>
>>17167995
Why did Tolkien make Quenyan, Sindarin, Entish, Khuzdul, Black Speech? Why did Star Trek make Klingon? Why did Star Wars make Huttese and all the other languages in the Star Wars universe? It's rather simple: ENTERTAINMENT.

People make up whole worlds with animals and plants and people for the sake of entertainment. We do it now, we did it in the past, and we will continue doing it. The Voynich Manuscript is simply someone making fiction, background to a story they may have never gotten around to writing, or did and it was lost to the world.
>>
>>17165330
Not being cracked is the best thing about it. ^^
>>
>>17172000
the book was worthless though and nobody wanted to buy it
>>
>>17167995
to pawn it off to some rich person as an ancient unknown writing.
>>
>>17165366
>similar but not identical.
>>
>>17167995
Smart people get board?
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.