[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nightmares

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1426376126864.jpg (89KB, 696x520px) Image search: [Google]
1426376126864.jpg
89KB, 696x520px
I have a strange borderline addiction.

I'm really, REALLY, fond of having nightmares. Yes, nightmares. I enjoy participating in them, and I enjoy discovering crafty ways of "invoking" them.

I've tried multiple things to "jump start" nightmares as to be able to come up with them on command and thought /x/ would like to know how to produce some really fucked up dreams!

If you have any experience with this topic, feel free to contribute!
>>
Right, my first functional method of invoking a nightmare before you go to sleep:

>eat chocolate, like pretty furious amounts of chocolate
>the effect is emphasized by how much you eat in my experience, so having a little chocolate before bed won't produce as vivid results as having a lot
>drink water along with the chocolate to help quick and easy digestion

This is one of my go-to nightmare-spawning methods. Buy a few large chunks of your favorite chocolate and then eat until you're almost full.

Try to never eat more than you can handle. Falling asleep can be rough if you overeat, so start with smaller portions.
>>
Second method I've tested to force myself to have nightmares:

>sleep in a warm room
>sleep with a heater on (be safe though!) and put as much clothing on as you can while still achieving comfy enough status to fall asleep
>drink ample water so that you don't have to get up for a drink and ruin the fun during the night
>experiment to find a balance of the correct heat and water intake to not feel dehydrated, and not have to go piss several times

This one's a bit of a weird one, and I haven't gotten 100% results with it. It's a little hit-or-miss, but according to my dream journal (yes, I keep one) I've managed to force myself into a nightmare around 70% of the time by just heat and water.

The nightmares are rarely ABOUT heat though (I only had one heat-related nightmare ever), so I'm pretty sure the nightmares aren't directly affected by how you go to sleep. At least not with this method.
>>
Thirdly, there's the imagination-way.

>read spooky stories/watch spooky movies/listen to spooky music a few good hours before going to bed
>when lying in bed, try to think of the creepiest story or media you found to keep it fresh in your mind for as long as possible

This one's really easy, but after over a dozen times of testing, I've only come up with a nightmare a single timer from this one. I've heard other people have good experience with this, but that's mostly normalfags so they might not be going for the "hardcore nightmare experience" like I'm doing.

I had some trouble falling asleep once or twice thanks to this, but never actually managed to get a nice, powerful nightmare out of it.
>>
Here's number 4, and probably one you haven't tried before:

>inhale the smell of vinegar by rubbing it under your nose before going to sleep
>try to lay in bed, relaxed, as long as possible while trying to inhale the smell of the vinegar while trying to stay awake (for a reasonable amount of time of course, you want to actually SLEEP too!)
>don't apply too much, you don't want it to KEEP you awake

This was something I heard at my summer-job in a retirement home from an elderly woman. After trying it, my dream journal reports surprisingly good, vivid results with powerful nightmares that'll wake you sweating!

A nice one for the enthusiast (and perhaps people who really like the smell of vinegar?).

Anyone lurking?
>>
Here's another one, with experimentation with slightly less legal chemicals:

>GHB is the dream-narcotic
>the way I experience it, it forces the brain to produce dreams in a waking state
>combine it with one of the other methods to try to convert said dream to a nightmare and see if you can have the worst trip imaginable by being awake and completely conscious during a nightmare

I haven't managed to pull this one off yet. I've tried mixing GHB with the chocolate-approach, but no nightmare.

Can you imagine it? The ultimate vivid dream experienced as a "real" nightmare?

The day I get this shit working will be my ultimate triumph.
>>
>>17161977
Where to do you get GHB from?

Also you could try mugwort, that's supposed to be good for dreams.

Not sure why you're so interested in nightmares. can't say I've ever had one, actually. Hah why do you think the chocolate thing works?

I'll try the vinegar method tonight, sounds interesting
>>
I'm with you OP, nightmares are the bomb. They can manufacture some really trippy and inspirational shit.
Thanks for the tips!
>>
>>17162143
>Where to do you get GHB from?
It's an illegal substance in my country, so I can't really go into too much detail about where I get it from, but I can reveal that I know several people who, due to their line of work, are able to acquire some medical-grade stuff every now and then.

>Also you could try mugwort
I've actually never heard that theory before. I'll put it on my list, and post back if I manage to try it out any time soon!

>Not sure why you're so interested in nightmares
Hehe, honestly it's not "for everyone".

But considering where you are, I assume you like horror/scary things, yes? Movies, music/sounds, games, stories, pasta, pictures, clips and every other form of media can only scare you for so long.

After you've consumed enough it becomes very mundane. I haven't been remotely frightened by a single people-produced product of any form since early puberty.

Nightmares on the other hand will ALWAYS get you. You'll ALWAYS feel that sense of 100% dread that comes with experiencing what the darkest depths of your mind can generate!

If you haven't experienced it, I advice the chocolate trick. If only because it's a lot easier to actually fall asleep with a belly full of chocolate than vinegar!

I have no idea HOW it works, but it's probably the one I've gotten the most frequent results with. That being said, if you want a powerful, vivid nightmare that'll fuck you up for a few days I recommend the vinegar thing.

You'll experience a night in hell if it works!

>>17162146

I know, right? No horror better than the horror your mind produces for itself!
>>
2 things I recommend OP, eat cheese just before bed (something to do with your digestive system?) and watch/play some scary shit just before bed, as it will be the last thing on your mind, works for me!
>>
I ate 17 gravols once and spent the rest of the night talking to people that werent there and chasing small animals around my living room at 3am. It was like dreaming while awake. Recommended
>>
>>17163434

Oh woaw, this one sounds fascinating. Needs to be experimented with!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.