[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the actual story behind this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: The_Forest_Poster.jpg (65KB, 509x755px) Image search: [Google]
The_Forest_Poster.jpg
65KB, 509x755px
What is the actual story behind this?
>>
There is no actual story. The place is real though.

Aokigahara forest at the base of Mt Fuji. People go there to commit suicide on a regular basis.
>>
like fatal frame?
>>
I don't know anything about fatal frame.
>>
how come every modern horror movie have "the" in their titles? Are they too lazy to find a better name so they just take the main setting/character of the movie and slap 'the' in front of it?
>>
>>17160655
This
>>
>>17160655
Basically any noun u can think of is a "the" movie.
>>
File: header.jpg (36KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
36KB, 460x215px
Mush better The Forest.
>>
>>17160655
Modern horror?
The Fog
The Exorcist
The Omen
The Thing
The Birds
The Blob

The [person/place/thing] has been around for a long time.
>>
>>17160655
The format is used purposefully to let people know that their movie sucks. It's easy. Say you're going to make a movie about a swamp that kills people by jumping through their body when stepped on. Obviously a bad movie.

Therefore = The Swamp
>>
>>17160723
wb the babadook
>>
>>17160606
>What is the actual story behind this?

Haven't seen it. But from the look of the trailers, the main character's sister goes missing in the Aokigahara forest
>an actual forest in Japan known for having many suicides there
So, she goes there looking for her lost sister fearing the worst and obvious spookiness ensues.

>>17160655
>horror movie have "the" in their titles
"The _____ " is a common horror title trope - due to the fact that it sounds more ominous. Almost sounds like it's foreboding or final, the end of all things.
>>
>>17160655
people who pay money to see horror movies these days are very fickle. They're not in it for plot, or acting, or writing. They want to know "oh, this is the movie about the spooky forest." Or "oh, this is the movie about the spooky witch." Or "oh, this is the movie about the spooky doll."

A few things I noticed from watching the trailer... 1. All the people that really died in that forest were Japanese, yet it's all about a white blonde woman. Probably because that's the target, and probably because most Japanese people would be kinda insulted in turning this into a shlocky horror movie. Imagine a movie about how the Golden Gate bridge is haunted, and how anybody who drives over it at night is attacked by spoopy zombies. 2. I'm guessing the alternate title for this film was The Playskool View-Master. 3. or, alternatively, The Jump Scare. 4. The title shot at the end is almost a reproduction of the one from that bad horror movie Shrooms. Replacing mushrooms with tree branches.

So I have to assume it's going to be shit. Hopefullly The Witch will deliver.
>>
>>17160744
>probably because most Japanese people would be kinda insulted in turning this into a shlocky horror movie
They are upset. A very real issue in their nation is used as a cheap horror plot.

I'm surprised the studio went ahead with it and didn't at least make a fictional forest in the US or Canada the location.
>>
>>17160730
Babadook was shit too, anon.
>>
Japanese law enforcement/organized crime have a deal to make murders look like suicide so the murder rate looks lower then it actually is.That why the suicide rate is abnormally high.
>>
>>17160646
Ghosts in photographs. Basically it's a game where you capture ghosts with a old fashioned camera. It is really spooky though.
>>
That The Son, or whatever, Horror movie looks interesting -- or, at least, somewhat different. Dolls coming to life isn't new, but it has an interesting premise.
>>
>>17160606
they regularly search the forest with hundreds of people and you can join them if you visit on the right day

my visit to this forest happened to be on such a day

not spooky at all, was basically a social thing with a bunch of volunteers and families, sort of like an excuse to get together. i got plenty of practice with my japanese and we even had a picnis inside the forest

0/10 not spoky at all
>>
>>17160723
>The refore
>>
>>17160705
the i can't see you

the hive the vines the white stripes
the led zepplins r yu feelin me guys

guize get dis

da sums

aghahahahah

the sums?? whats in now is yer drinking yer beer and smoke

you guys smoke??

no??

well yu do now smoke up em johhny

uh i dunno

its great

i dunno??

its GREAT :)

i guess.....sums?

SO AM I STILL WAITING
>>
>>17162669
Go there at night.

Alone.

With goblin tape
>>
>>17160606
A movie about a place in japan where people sometimes go to kill themselves, and among other things there's less diversity in plants, which cover the area thickly making it dark and ominous,and easy to be turned around
Also because of the plant situation, there's less animals, and less wind, so overall less ambient noise contributing to the atmosphere
Of course none of these subtleties are going to make it into the movie, so we'll get a bunch of jumpscares and bland tense music, probably going to be paranormal activity tier
But I've seen the chick naked on game of thrones so I'll probably see it
>>17160655
I think it was going to actually be called suicide forest, but controversy made them change it
>>
>>17160757
Its even more fucked up considering suicide/depression is a HUGE issue in japan that isn't talked about ever bc it doesnt fit the narrative of japanese people being a "model minority". This movie could've showcased new Japanese-American actors and dealth with the issue of depression/suicide in Japanese culture.

But instead it turns this very real issue into a mere plot device so that a random white lady can walk around Aokigahara (they're shooting ON LOCATION) and do the typical White Woman in Shitty Horror Movie Routine (see a dead body, screan, trip, get chased, trip, scream again, be naked for no reason, scream some more, fall over again)
>>
Browsing AAGU tumblr
See ops image, read a bit about why their offended and want to boycott the movie, something akin to its offensive and the cast is white.
Can automatically tell its going to be shitty, especially after sitting through the gallows.
>>
Vice is pretty much shit lately, but this small documentary isn't so bad.

This is Aokigahara:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FDSdg09df8
>>
>>17160744
>Imagine a movie about how the Golden Gate bridge is haunted, and how anybody who drives over it at night is attacked by spoopy zombies.

Gonna happen now that you've put the idea out there.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.