[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aleister Crowley Tarot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
So my step mom gave these a loooong time ago, just found em buried in some junk in my garage. I'm not sure why she gave em to me. I'm not really into tarot, but I do find Mr. Crowley interesting.

Just wanted to know if there's anything special about these, or if they're worth anything.
Anybody know?
>>
File: images-1.jpg (7KB, 334x151px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
7KB, 334x151px
>>17151333
>Aliester Crowley
You know this nigga crucified a frog names Jesus of Nazareth right?
>>
I guess these are easily found, and not a big deal?

I see shit about tarot all the time on x so I thought you'd all be interested.
>>
show some of the artwork on the cards pls
>>
I can't now. I could tomorrow if you're interested. Or maybe later tonight I can.
>>
>>17151333
How many Magicians does it have? There are some rare decks that can be worth a bit of money mostly the ones before 1974
>>
>>17151409
For real?

And OP, sell this deck online on Amazon, and when you do, announce it on /x/ so that other tarot users can think about buying it.

Oh, and when you take pictures of the cards, take a snap shot of the front and back of all of the cards. Thanks! This'll be interesting!
>>
>>17151905
Yeah look it up, it has to do with the symbolic "gonna end Christianity"
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px)
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
This is the back.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I can post more if you guys would like. I just whipped out a few.

Unfortunately it doesn't have the instruction booklet like it says on the box.
>>
Don't know if I'd sell em, because they were a gift and all. If it's worth it I might, really at the least I would like to know more about them.
>>
>>17151903
I just looked through em and the only one that sounds close to magician is a card called "the magus". Sorry, I know nothing about tarot.
>>
What do you want for it?
>>
>>17151333
The missing booklet is here: http://hermetic.com/crowley/book-of-thoth/

This deck is one of the classic tarot decks.

Check if your edition might has rarity value or something.
>>
>>17152834
Cool beans. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>17152795
Not sure I want to sell it yet. Like I said, I'd probably feel bad for selling something that was a gift to me. If I decide to sell it, I'll come to x to let you dudes know.
>>
>>17151409
He also literally ate shit once.
Really a thoroughly radical guy. Say what you want about him, he had the realest kind of belief in... something. Some of his writing is pretty good but it requires a degree in theoretical physics to understand what he was actually trying to say. Of course there would be all sorts of symbolism in the colors and images of the tarot deck he designed.
hermetic com is a good resource if you have the time to delve into him.

Personally, I'm partial to the Ra interpretation of the tarot.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.