[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Analyzing Silent Hill 1-4: Demons and the occult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 2542173-shcover.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2542173-shcover.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
Hello /x/. My name is Gee. I want to play a game with you and /v/. I'm going to set up threads throughout the week, with this title. I'm hoping to play some games, have some fun, and maybe learn a bit. I want to collaborate between /x/ and /v/ to play through the first 4 Silent Hill games. We will play the games and talk about mechanics and gameplay on /v/, but here on /x/, we will analyze the concepts behind the games. Such as the relation between the cult in the game and actual demons and demonology. What the monsters and enemies in the game are based on, the messages the games project. And more. Is anyone interested?
>>
>>17151033
Sounds awesome
>>
>>17151033
I'd love that personally.

Somewhat minor spoiler: I always loved how the monsters alot of the times were based on the character's own emotional troubles, and the town would shape itself around that.
>>
Love silent hill and want to talk about it right now but seeing how this is the first post I wont spoil anything. Just hope I can manage to find these posts.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>17151033
twin perfect's "the real silent hill experience" is the best analysis i've seen so far.
>>17151310
to be correct the monster are based on the antagonists background, which in Silent Hill 2 is the protagonist at the same time.

i just wished they will release a new Silent Hill that doesn't suck like homecoming and downpour. Some all say good things come to an end, but in this case i think Hideo Kojima can restore Silent Hill's integrity.
>>
>>17151457
>Hideo Kojima
Oh boy
>>
File: 1438965257579.jpg (67KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1438965257579.jpg
67KB, 480x640px
>>17151457
> I think Hideo Kojima can restore Silent Hill's integrity

He was one of the few people in this world that actually could have.

But now we'll never know.
>>
I'm actually a HUGE fan of the original SH games back when Team Silent ran things.

Somewhere on my laptop is the original book on demons or magic or whatever it was that was inspiration for the names of the doors in Nowhere.

I also used the barrier hack in SH1 to explore outside the playable game, in what I called "The Fifth Dimension of Silent Hill." I had much of it mapped pretty well, too.

God I wish there were still games like them.
>>
>>17151899
please explain thhe book and hack
>>
>>17151899
Never heard of the hack before. More info on this please, like, how it worked, what could you explore and shit.
>>
The book I'd have to find. It's on there somewhere.

The hack was a GameShark code. It basically just removed the barrier detection that made it appear that Harry was bump into a solid object.

When you write a 3d game like Silent Hill, you basically create several 2d images, tell the program how to wrap those images into simulated 3d objects, and add the barriers and other action spots that give the player the illusion he's in a real place.

Removing barrier detection allowed Harry to walk through solid objects, including the walls. This was actually surreal and somewhat spooky, as you could actually get lost (very easily) in the "5th Dimension." Hence the reason I had to start mapping it.

You can't see anything in the 5th Dimension, so it's very easy to lose your way.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.