[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oak Island

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: 21 portabledssf.jpg (26KB, 599x366px) Image search: [Google]
21 portabledssf.jpg
26KB, 599x366px
real time television series about finding the treasures of Nove Scotia's Oak Island
'Money Pit' recently discovered a Roman sword inside one of the areas around places they are digging.

A Roman sword being here in North America that has been untouched far before the 1400's could raise a few questions/ change a few things in history

and to go with the 'treasure' of oak island, it is a huge black box/vault made of an unknown metal surrounded by constantly overflowing caverns, rotten wood, quicksand, and deathtraps. This is water temple tier treasure, and with Roman designed sword, which the symbols and bubbles on the hilt could represent Posiedon/Neptune, could that mean this could be Atlantean treasure?
>>
>>17138176
>>17138176
holy fuck
>>
>>17138176
gonna kek so hard when the show ends in
>the black box sank and we cant find it.
>>
>>17138235
>>17138176
Im in a private oak island group, and that swords confirmed fake.

You can buy it on ebay.
>>
>>17138253
I like how they are also kind of keeping attention away from the sword and more on the big prize

I wonder what is inside that vault..
>>
>>17138262
illuminuty.
>>
>>17138259
you can't shill if they already confirmed it was rel due to roman historical presence in Nova Scotia
>>
>>17138176
>unknown metal

Ayo hol up.

Roman swards being in Oak Island would definitely be a mystery worth pondering, but that aint shit next to discovering an UNKNOWN METAL.

Like run spectral anaylisis and shit on it yo.

Is it an alloy? Some weird isotope? An as of yet unmade-by-man super-heavey synthetic element? Science needs answers, dammit!
>>
>>17138274
Im not a shill, just someone with more info than you have.

The original ebay:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/PARTICOLARE-SCULTURA-COMMEMORATIVA-SPADA-BRONZEA-ROMANA-CON-IMPUGNATURA-STATUA-/301746768453

Links dead, but this thread talks about it being found on ebay: http://www.andywhiteanthropology.com/blog/dear-roman-sword-drama-fans-your-prayers-have-been-answered-theres-yet-another-sword

Also, the facebook closed group: https://www.faceboo_k.com/groups/2313556050/

busted this weeks ago.
>>
>>17138308
whats if its a super compressed version of another metal?
>>
>>17138274
Romans never used cast bronze swords like this
STOOPID
>>
>>17138314
Then it'd still be the same metal, you fuckwad.
>>
>>17138329
but what if its so dense it seems different. they clearly havent seen or touched the metal.
>>
> the symbols and bubbles on the hilt could represent Posiedon/Neptune

It's obviously a lil Hercules holding a club. And it's obviously fake because THE ROMANS LIVED IN THE IRON AGE. I don't think anyone here knows what they're talking about, including me.

/x/ never seems to learn, if it sounds too good to be true, IT'S NOT TRUE.
>>
>>17138341
I'm the guy you originally responded to about the metal, and your posts are so retarded I can barely stand it. This isn't even /sci/ and you still need to shut the fuck up you're so damn stupid. I beg you to never have children.
>>
>>17138369
if the metal is unknown maybe it is a different metal, but we have never dealt with anything like this so who the fuck knows. its called /x/ for a reason.
>>
>>17138374
God you're a fucking idiot we shouldn't even classify you people as literate.

Seriously, you're a prime example of how being able to sound out words is not the same as understanding them.

Please get a vasectomy. I'm perfectly fine if you're some unlikely secret stud who gets all the pussy just please don't raise any children.
>>
>>17138383
meh whatever, stay a salty faggot. this show is gonna end in walk the dinosaur anyway.
>>
guys...what if the metal is actually wood?
>>
>>17138392
spoopy.
>>
>>17138389
I know, you were just pretending to be retarded.
>>
File: simp - bigfoot on fox special.png (207KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
simp - bigfoot on fox special.png
207KB, 512x384px
>>17138176
Not the sword but the Oak Island Treasure is a cool story, if the sword was Actually real that would be cool too. Sadly I feel this show will end like other History channel shows that are based on sensationalist material. Nothing new will be discovered.

Right up there with the Ghost hunting and Bigfoot shows. OH MUH GAWD WHAT WAS THAT?!?!?!?!??! An unknown noise, it must of been _______!!!

On a side note : WTF happened to the History and Discovery Channels anyway. The Learning Channel too (TLC), they used to have great content like real surgeries and now it has degraded into a freakshow of midgets, rednecks and bigfoot is an alien from the hollow earth bullshit. Very sad state of affairs.
>>
>>17138395
wait wait wait.
what if the unknown alloy is sentient.
>>
>>17138477
Ratings happened.

Welcome to Democracy.
>>
>>17138488
>77
>88
Going for that 99 dubs to keep it going

Sadly you are right, ratings are the only thing that matters. It's not like I'm against all the strange shows because here I am on /x/ and it definitely has it's place. I would consider myself a skeptic but I'll keep an open mind since certain things can't be proven and/or unproven. I did like the one history channel show about Monsters, don't remember the name but it was good for a hoot. Want my dad to watch the episode on giant birds because back in the 70's in Niagara Falls him, my mom and his best friend saw a giant bird fly over their car. And my dad is probably the biggest skeptic in the world and doesn't believe in Anything strange or paranormal. I believe him when he says he saw a giant bird fly down about 20 feet off the road though and his friend saw it too.

Back to the Oak island show for a minute, I have only seen a few episodes. Last thing I saw they were hiring a diver to check out the hole. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other 'treasure pits' or anything along the lines because it seems like alot of engineering and manpower to make such a deep vault in the middle of nowhere. (If there is a vault)
>>
File: 1428420969875.jpg (11KB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
1428420969875.jpg
11KB, 320x272px
>>17138477
>>17138488
>>17138533
Spooky shit exists but ye TV is just for laffs.

Good digits, tho.
>>
File: 1451149044782.gif (1MB, 380x218px) Image search: [Google]
1451149044782.gif
1MB, 380x218px
>>17138392
What if it is a super compressed wood that is like metal?
>>
>>17138482
Wait a minute, what if the sentient alloy is in a coma?
>>
>>17138176
ALL US reality shows are either fake, scripted, or staged.

ALL of them.

>even oak island

Yes. Sorry to disappoint.
>>
Vikings probably brought the roman sword, then died
>>
>>17138951
My favorite reality tv show is South Beach Tow, they don't even hide the fact that it's fake. It's fucking hilarious, shit like one of the characters defying death and seeking vengeance, to stealing a jetpack and chasing someone down with it.
>>
>>17138345
Romans used both bronze and iron weapons. Including swords. Depending on when and where they were fighting.

Bronze was easier for them to produce and maintain. Irons only advantage was durability and rigidity.
>>
>>17138308
When they say 'unknown metal' they mean they don't know what the metal is because they haven't seen it yet, not that it's a metal unknown to mankind
>>
>>17139072
This
>>
>>17138313
THIS
>>
>>17138925
that would explain why they can't just ask it what it is!
>>
>>17138176
http://metaldetecting.co/ceremonial-roman-sword-found-on-oak-island/
>>
>>17138176
At this point I feel like Americans just make things up so their very young country can feel relevant and connected.
>>
File: 1450886725951.png (313KB, 450x483px) Image search: [Google]
1450886725951.png
313KB, 450x483px
Someone find one god damn roman artifact that looks like that sword.
>>
>>17138274
A roman sword does not necesarily mean that a roman was ever there. It could easily mean that a Viking (a race of people we have confirmed to have visited northern NA pre Colombus) brought it there having raided someone who had a Roman sword.
>>
>>17142194
There are plenty of Roman artifacts that have Hercules on them, it's one of their gods

on a side note, the pillars of Hercules have a little to do with finding Atlantis
>>
>>17142420
Viking is not a race, it's a profession.
>>
>>17138176
shitty welding holding that cast hilt to the blade... looks like an india fake
>>
>>17138176
my dad watches that treasure of oak island bullshit,if its televised then its bollox..they wont find shit there,its all hype...anything they do find will be fake..take roman sword for instance
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.