[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reincarnation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 1n.jpg (96KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
1n.jpg
96KB, 500x560px
Does this concept really make sense?

My point is, when you die - so does your brain right? Since your brain contains all your life experiences and knowledge that make you the individual you are, they all just vanish, cause your brain dies together with your body.
What's your point of view on concept of reincarnation?
>>
>>17137949
Well, if that's how it works does it even fucking matter? If your soul doesn't contain memory what does it matter if you are reincarnated at all? At that point you're just a "soul" inside a new body and the body is apparently the important part.
>>
>>17137949
that's perfectly fine. death is the end of me as an individual, my personality, memories all that. but we're all reincarnations of each other. that means death is not the end of living, just the end of this identity
>>
>>17137949
IMO reincarnation is wishful thinking...the 'soul' can be distorted and manipulated with drugs, magnetism, culture, etc... It's looking more and more sadly like the awareness that arises in humans is just the summation of our complex parts - and can be potentially upgraded.

I'd feel a bit of survivors guilt, but I'm hoping for immortality gene therapy to take the world by storm, so humanity can move out of the 'git mine now' mindset. Too bad only the rich can afford immortality...
>>
>>17137949
>Since your brain contains all your life experiences and knowledge that make you the individual you are
Where do you get this from ?
>>
Sometime billions of years from now the molecules that make up who younwere when you died will be brought back together to form a new you
>>
>>17138168
Wishful chaos theory thinking....
But hey! Maybe there is an afterlife. Would be cool to have my atoms and conscious reassembled by some tiny flying tetragram - ohshit, that's the plot of Destiny
>>
It's irrational

1. There are now 7 billion people so where do all of the "new" souls come from? Do they get minted to keep up with the need? Is there someone in charge of making sure that we have an adequate number of new souls for all of the new people?

2. How can one reincarnate to achieve enlightenment if you don't want remember anything? If you don't remember how you screwed up, then the idea of "reincarnating until you achieve enlightenment" is like giving someone a test again and again, all while they forget the test every single time they take it, and then hoping that they will randomly get everything right. It's irrational. You can't learn if you don't know how you screwed up.

3. If you aren't the same person when you reincarnate then why should "karma" exist? Would it be fair for some little boy to be sickly and have abusive parents just because his soul was associated with a bad guy before it got recycled? Why punish someone who has done nothing wrong? It's unethical.
>>
>>17138190
These are some strong points.
>>
>>17138166
If you think thats bullshit, then tell how does it work according to you.
>>
File: daily-20.jpg (52KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
daily-20.jpg
52KB, 500x450px
>>17138190
1. Personally I don't think reincarnation works with just this planet or universe alone. There also could easily just be a lot of souls that just never lived a life before.

2. Some people have suggested that you have a very slight, unconscious memory of past experiences. It would be so small that you wouldn't really notice it at any one life, but it sort of builds up over time and changes you in subtle increments.

3. Interestingly there are some people who have done research on reincarnation and come to the conclusion that karma doesn't actually exist, or at least not on a level that can be witnessed by them.
>>
>>17138327
Yet karma was a good idea to force dumb masses of people into not being assholes all the time.
>>
>>17138190

1. Universe is infinite and Oversoul may easily fragment itself if needed, number of souls is not a problem.

2. It would be too easy, thats why memory is only partly erased. Your initial memory is partially always restored as you achieve higher states on consciousness, but you don't get it, if you don't really need it at the moment, or if you ain't even trying. Past and future doesn't exist itself so its always accessed from the Now moment, I'm guessing Higher self has all the memories, and it's guidance may work as compass, you feel you shouldn't that, but you don't know why. Thats the inner guidance what should be also listened if you want to advance quickly along your path.

3. Everything is balanced. At higher levels, you will also realize everything is One, so mocking another is just mocking yourself. Everything you give to universe, you will get back, it's just simple physics. Until Soul hasn't evolved enough, it may not access higher levels, it's climbing Jacob's ladder. Karma is balancing mechanism of intelligent universe.

From unworthy gates of heaven are closed, cause they aren't pure enough. They may loop in this 3d-incarnation for a very long time, without making any advancement in many lifes very little, when you could advance in few weels for tens of years.

It would be just too dumb to think that intelligent universe doesn't include balancing Karma.
>>
>>17138443
>it's just simple physics

Don't try to mix science into your beliefs to make seem more plausible. It's disingenuous.
>>
>>17137949
IMO Concept of reincarnation is way better than kiddish heaven and hell. >>17138190
Be more specific
Concept of karma and reincarnation exist in different religions and they are little different from one another.
but I will still answer.
1.Birth of new souls.

2.This is stupid.

You can follow the same teachings but properly this time.

3.Again stupid as fuck. You hv no knwledge of dharmic religions.

You are the same.

You are the soul.

Soul is eternal.

That little boy example makes no sense.
>>
>>17138190

And also I forgot this one

1. In hinduism they believe that Soul (Atman) Seperates from supersoul (Parmatman) and In the end it becomes one with it.

So I will repeat that you hv no knwledge of dharmic religions.

And your questions are Irrational.
>>
>>17137949
The brain is receiver for consciousness, not a transmitter.
>>
>>17138190
1. 'Souls' don't have to come from dead humans. You might be a worm next time.

2. Rationality is a human conceit.

3. Ethical behaviour is a human conceit.
>>
>>17137949
What if it is not just reincarnation to a new body, but through time as well? thus, making everyone the same god damn person on this site, creating threads and posting in them.
>>
>>17138443
>1. Universe is infinite
No it isn't. It's expanding. If it were infinite, there would be nowhere to expand into.
>and Oversoul
Which is what exactly?

>may easily fragment itself if needed, number of souls is not a problem.
Find me one historical text about reincarnation that mentions this.
>>
>>17139683
>1. 'Souls' don't have to come from dead humans. You might be a worm next time.
The number of non-human animals isn't decreasing with the same rate that humanity is growing.
>>
>>17139618
Actually Hinduism has heavens and hells. You just don't permanently stay there.

>According to the Bhagavad-Gita going to either hell or heaven has its own limitations. Beings who go to these worlds are bound to return to earth once the merits or demerits of their previous karma are exhausted.
>>
>>17138165
Manipulating soul with magnetism... Wut
>>
>>17138166
Seriously?
>>
>>17138165
>IMO reincarnation is wishful thinking...the 'soul' can be distorted and manipulated with drugs, magnetism, culture
No, the ''transmission'' to your brains can be manipulated.
>>
Watch this video : http://youtu.be/qGVxdjmfl8A
>>
This has all happened.
When we die, we live our lives on repeat.. This is why people get dreams/visions of the future.
Time has already happened, we are the objects moving through it.
>>
File: index.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
there is an afterlife. we are reincarnated with a spiritual birth, but one must sanctify themselves by God in this life. i do believe in purgatory.

God be with you OP
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.