[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Missing-411

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

File: Map.jpg (27KB, 320x202px) Image search: [Google]
Map.jpg
27KB, 320x202px
Anyone know where to find the western usa edition of this for less than the $150 that niggers on amaxon are scalping it for? Im an outdoorsy wa fag who just was introduced to this whole missing people deal and i live near a few clusters. Work out in fuck-off nowhere too where shits been goin down. Also have kids and like to be innawoods so id really like to get my mitts on this shit
>>
>>17136422
im from the 425, where ya at?
>>
360 hoodsport area. I work in quilcene, lake cushman is like ten minutes up the street
>>
>>17136422
Just pirate the book
>>
Tried. Cant find it. Just coast to coast audio intervies with the author.
>>
http://www.canammissing.com/missing_411.html
>>
bump for pdf
>>
>>17136552
Fucking only thing to worry about in Quil is the Quilbillies! Chimacum represent!
>>
>>17136422
You can buy all the books individually on the author's website
>>
So is the basic theory that bigfeets are taking people? Cuz i think a big feets might be dickin around out where i work in bumfuck quilcene
>>
Ask David Paulides who pops in to start threads just like this every so often to push his books.
>>
>>17136653
A lot of similar accounts by children who were later found or weren't taken but saw the 'creature' take someone else describe it as a "big fuzzy man".

The way the stories describe its appearance, behaviour and speed seem to suggest something more paranormal than a big ape-like animal we could imagine.
>>
>>17136686
What I mean by this is the descriptions of the creature "coming out of or going into trees", moving through or around people seemingly invisible but making strange noises, and talking to people through their minds as a "voice in their head".
This doesn't sound like a Bigfoot ape animal to me, but rather something more supernatural. I picture a 'Big fuzzy man' more as a big, black shadow like featureless figure.
>>
Thats pretty funny cuz i was talking to someone via email about trying to get some but the only site i found them sold on, NABS i think, was out of stock of all of them besides "The Devils In The Details" which i think is the fourth book, and doesnt know for sure exactly when the rest would be restocked. Maybe couple weeks maybe much longer. But i wanted to start with what i assume is the first book, because it pertains more to where i live. Im developing a genuine interest in this and i feel like ive kinda hit a wall.
>>
>>17136653

Dicking around how? Cuz if you got stories I wanna hear them
>>
>>17136422
Hey OP, I have one of them, the Eastern one I think, if you want you can buy it from me I guess. It's practically brand new. You can send me an email to my throwaway if you're interested:
[email protected]

I guess I just don't have much use for it after I read it. Lost interest
>>
>>17136707
Fuzzy like blurry..what if thats just our finite minds depiction of something it cant understand. Like something living in another dimention i guess? There has to be something tangeble that can be found. If it can touch us we can touch it.
>>
>>17136747
Yes that's how I imagine it. Like a blurry darkness we can't quite comprehend. For some reason, it shows itself to children but not adults in some of the stories. I'm not sure if it actually 'takes' people, or misleads and lures them away to danger.
>>
Make sense that there's disproportion amount on the west coast. All the hardcore satanists are from the west coast.
>>
File: 1451036286397.jpg (26KB, 599x466px) Image search: [Google]
1451036286397.jpg
26KB, 599x466px
>>17136422
360 bhamFag here...
UFOs of varying types have been over this town. Whether they're military or ET, somethings up...
Will be following this thread with much interest.
>>
>>17136756
Man, that's all shit from that stupid reddit I'm an SAR officer and I've seen some shit. David Pauldies most like lying thinks there are wild men, not bigots, just resourceful, off the grid reflects who kidnap, and steal shit they need.
>>
>>17136791
Not bigfoots, I mean, fuck I hate autocorrect on tablets. They probably are bigots.
>>
>>17136714
Nothing too tangible really. Allot of it can be brushed off with sleep deprivation or just an old fashioned case of eyes playing tricks on me.
So once i was driving home from work down this long road with logging property on either side abput 15 miles outside of town and i saw an enormous dark blur walk or shift accross the road. Looked like it may have been bipedal. At least 7-8 feet tall. Red reflective eyes at the top. But it was just out of range of what my headlights lit up so all i saw was blurr.
>>
>>17136686
Dude, you read that fucking creepypasta and treat it as reality.
>>17136791
This.
>>
>>17136791
I've always wondered to what degree the homeless/survivalist population has entrenched itself into communities around the PNW... Would explain a lot of the samsquanch sightings that have got people talking....

Any thoughts on military technology operations in Northern WA? (ufo fag here) (seen a fair amount of em since I moved here)
>>
>>17136791
So you're saying all the stories are made up and it's really just sadistic humans hunting and killing people in the bush.

That's a little less fun isn't it.
>>
>>17136827
Scarier than fiction, imo
>>
>>17136827
The stories ARE made up.
http://searchandrescuewoods.tumblr.com/post/135815264734/master-list-of-stories

It's this guy's tumblr. He's a horror writer.
>>
>>17136833
But the unsolved missing persons cases are real and we still don't know what happened to the people.
I like the idea of something paranormal lurking in the woods preying on vulnerable people.
>>
>>17136814
Also really dull blue eyes barely reflecting like a flashlight almost out of batterys. It was at the top of the driveway at work which cuts through logging property, that has been logged with only short brush on either side. The driveway is long and angles down pretty steep. It takes you from the top gate about a mile down an enormous hill to a secluded bay. I was juat parking my car and getting ready to unlock the gate for the evening shift, when i noticed the eyes. They were electric blue and spaced farther apart than any animal ive seen. It was standing about 100 feet down the road and off into the bushes. Im about 5'9" so that far down the driveway would mean the eyes stood at least 6'6"off the ground. But it was probably just a deer with fucked up eyes.
>>
>>17136822
I lived in Northern WA for a little while, and I saw a UFO there, and I didn't live there very long, that's all I know about that.
>>
>>17136853
You may like the idea, but the reality is that people get lost in the massive wilderness. Then, they get attacked by wildlife, stumble upon a cliff and fall down, etc. Plenty of normal explanations.
>>
>>17136827
I am the least fun guy at the party. Well, I would be if I was ever invited to them.
>>
>>17136833
So you dont think any of the stories could be based on real shit he hear from real forrest rangers or sar officers or something?
>>
>>17136874
Of course not. He took people disappearing and used his imagination to make up possible reasons. All to make an interesting creepypasta.

Check out that "stairs in the middle of a forest" thing. It's pure kek.
>>
File: th.jpg (6KB, 160x171px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
6KB, 160x171px
>>17136864
>>
>>17136861
What kind did you see?
>Saw fleet of white discs split up and go over my house and inside of cloud over happy valley
>Saw triangle config. of lights rotate and slow to a stop, producing a cone of light and shooting off towards Mt. Baker. Happened over Sehome Arboretum.
>Saw triangle config. of lights pass over apatment from behind my head. Silently coasted towards Sehome shopping center and was illuminated by flagpole light. As soon as I saw it was a semi-opaque black pyramid, it tilted, floated towards the sky and 'cloaked'.
>saw fleet of white discs again during daytime, visible light 'tails' attached, flew over my apartment, in a 'wavy' formation, totally silent.

I shit you not. Since then, I've become obsessed....
>>
>>17136863
Well we just can't be sure what truly happened, that's the thing. It's why these type of horror stories pop up cuz it plays on people's fear of the unknown. Also the lack of bones, blood, clothes, items they had with them, their tracks, signs of struggle.. Any evidence of being attacked by an animal or something 'natural' is lacking in a lot of the cases.

>>17136864
Aw. That's okay. You seem logical which is not usually why people come to /x/, that's all.
>>
>>17136888
Oh shit, trips and it's my fav. number.... MIB is coming for me....
>>
>>17136881
The stairs in the middle of the forrest at the very least is a much older urban legend. Kids in the neighborhood i moved to in kitsap county when i was like 8 used to talk about magically appearing and vanishing staircases in the deeper parts of the woods. And i know people who hunt elk see them. Miles into the woods like the pasta writer described. The people i knew who saw them assumed they were some prank by loggers of yesteryear and simply pay them no mind.
>>
>>17136891
They get fucking eaten, man. Lots of animals living in a forest that eat both living and dead meat. There will be no trace after that.

Take into account that these are huge, wild areas. It's very easy to get lost if you're a typical city dumbass.
>>
>>17136908
I think that pretty much sums it up right there.
Mebbe like .01% are bigfoots, milab abductions, killer hobos, etc...
>>
>>17136908
So they get attacked, killed, dragged away, and eaten whole, all without any blood, bones, clothes, or any other evidence of them existing being anywhere in the area.
I struggle to understand how this makes automatic sense to you, but alright then.
>>
>>17136933
They get dragged to dens. Some animals dig a hole and hide the remains in there, like dogs. So they can come back later and eat.

I don't know why is this so hard. Besides, read about real cases, not that creepypasta shit, please.
>>
>>17136958
In the missing cases that are unsolved, they have searched a wide radius extensively and thoroughly.
Surely there would be blood and I have no idea what use the animals would have for taking a person's clothes and belongings.
There's too much missing for it to add up to a simple 'natural animal attack' explanation in my mind.
Ps this is a paranormal board anyway. Open your mind a little?
>>
>>17136984
If they didn't find it then it means they didn't look hard enough.
We're dealing with nature here and all disappearances are the work of unfortunate events.

Sure, we're on /x/. But I believe that when something is so obviously non-paranormal like people getting lost in the woods, then there's absolutely no place to waste time imagining someone got abducted by the UFO, when they're out there, freezing or sitting on a tree to avoid bears.
>>
>>17136906
99% of creepypastas are just repeats of existing folk tradition/urban legends.
>>
>>17136984
>>17136984
Well hey now, despite this being /x/ some of us are rational thinkers...or close-minded and need convincing :)
The problem with cases involving loss of life or property, are that details are lost by bad reporting, schemezin bureaucracy, ect. It's still a little more rational to say that some jackass wandered in to the wilderness after watching Bear Grylls and decided to strip nude in their final moments of hypothermia. Seems more likely than bigfoot or killer hobos. Though I'm more than certain killer hobos exist (and kinda unsure about sasquatch), they should statistically comprise a VERY small fraction of missing persons cases. At least...I hope...
>>
>>17136422
Canamproject.com $25
>>
I wouldn't pay for these books.
>>
>>17137057
Yea, me neither. It's like paying for creepypasta.
>>
>>17137057
>>17137072
With a little effort and some free time you can find all the cases online.

Except for the Martin case, he doesn't speculate much in the books, just lays out the details of when the person went missing, what the search effort was, and if they were found, how they were found.
Looking them up online doesn't provide anything different from reading the books.
>>
>>17136653
The basic theory is that the author has basically no theory at all, besides his underlying basic theories which he basically tells you about, but he doesn't. Basically he "is totally unbiased" while being totally bias, and sells a ton of books to dumbfuck teenagers who steal their parents credit cards.

Also he has a theory which involves himself shamelessly shilling his book all over /x/ all the fucking time, forever and eternity.

As soon as I find a PDF of his book(s) I will shill it across eternity, but I refuse to pay a cent to that faggot.
>>
>>17136738
Make scans and /x/ will remember you as the guy who started the end to Paulides' bullshit.
>>
File: 64comix06.jpg (58KB, 660x477px) Image search: [Google]
64comix06.jpg
58KB, 660x477px
How the hell is there a huge fucking space in between east coast and west coast where no one is missing? Did a group of criminal overlords get together and go, alright you guys this is the neutral ground, no one kidnap from this area.
>>
>>17138878
Are you implying Paulides missed a spot? Because that would mean that he doesn't intend to sell another book.

What exactly are you implying?
>>
>>17138883
dunno, but seems strange that from texas up is like a huge empty gap where you would think at least someone went missing. do you not see it in ops post?
>>
>>17138865
This.
>>
>>17138891
Because theres no forrest. It has nothing to do with abductions due to human trafficking or organized crime. The clusters are centered around densly forrested areas usually. The plains states are all bare cuz i guess its harder for spoopy shit to hide in grass then woods. People go missing in those areas all the time. Just not in this profile type.
>>
>>17138878
Compare his map with a population density map.
The early books didn't include Texas and Florida [and I think Hawaii] due to the sheer numbers of missing people.

It's also the Great Plains, vast stretches of fucking nothing. If someone went missing out there, no one knows about it. Or they are celebrated as a fortunate soul who finally escaped the grassy endlessness of middle America.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.