[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Existential anxiety thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (88KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
88KB, 200x200px
Post your existential anxieties ITT
>e.g. what if the universe is just a simulation, what if there is no free will, etc. etc.
and anons assure you you'll be alright
>>
but anon its true

free will is an illusion
>>
I've got one.

>tfw everyone in your life is all part of some master plan to coddle you into believing you are special, loved, and intelligent
>but secretly they all hate you more than anything
>some of them leave because they hate you so much they can't keep up the facade
>waiting for the big reveal: it was all a trick
>>
File: fuck.png (111KB, 417x234px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
111KB, 417x234px
>>17135032
So its true then, my fear all this time is reality
>>
>>17135032
I get this too.
>>
>>17135032
none of us are that important, u suffer from grandiose delusions
>>
If a tree blocks it's flow of sap, then it will die.

It's used in a technique called girdling.
Now what happens to you when you become afraid? Does your sap cease to flow? Do your hands grow chill? Your feets all numbsies?

Of course they do. And your memories become less effective and more "real" Fear is an evolutionary instinct, like shock, or a lizard losing it's tail. We as humans have a weakness in fear, because it isn't accepted as a normal response. It isn't accepted as being a normal organism faced with a perceived threat, but rather as something a "weak" person does/is. This is stupid. Fear is an animal response though. But we are in a place where those are not accepted or helpful, because some people decided it had to be this way.

If you are fearful, then you are doomed to exile here. But it's smart to be afraid, it's good to be sensitive. If ghosts were pooping in your cereal, you'd rather see them, but if you're too afraid to speak up, then you will regret it for the rest of your days. What if that poop those normies ate was making them sick and try to kill you?
>>
>>17135787
I'm saying that we are the wolves that are sitting back, so that if the reckless ones get eaten, the fearful will survive with the young.

The young are naturally fearful, because they are easier to gobble up, oftentimes by their parents themselves in nature.

But the fearless ones become devoured by their own progenitors, and the fearful ones become devoured once they lose their vigilance.

But the one who is afraid, but isn't is the one who succeeds. They're the ones that make their own luck, in time. Crocodiles are super kawaii and little, but they become gigantic if they are not fearless, but not cowards. And they can do it without ruining things for everyone, just the weaklings.
>>
File: 1374270025005.gif (2MB, 315x302px) Image search: [Google]
1374270025005.gif
2MB, 315x302px
>>17135800
You are not set in being a crocodile though. Heck in some places you'll be able to change your gender. You have no need to be afraid until you can't be yourself, at all. If you can't speak your mind, if you can't follow your true nature, that's what really leads to hell. You'll crave, but never be satisfied, and die with regrets.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
I worry excessively about the future. Not just my own, but society's and even smaller scale shit like the status of corporations and people. If it sounds silly it's because it is. I can't control this anxiety though.
>>
>>17135007

>one day, you will cease to exist and you will never be conscious again

My only fear, and there is no way around it
>>
the idea that time does not exist and is basically an illusion percieved and created by ourselves. this one seriously fucks with me
>>
>>17135032
>>17135035
>>17135574
That is a warped feeling of solipsism you have there. Don't think I much about it; it's decidedly untrue, all of it. Just negative thoughts.
>>
>>17136041
We barely understand consciousness as humans. We can only weigh ones consciousness against our own limited observations of it. We font even know what part of our brain makes us conscious.

If its any consolation consciousness is either made up of things that are not concious, or everything in the universe has some degree of consciousness to it.

Either way, lifebis either an illusion, or death is just a delusion. Everything that is real about you is going to live on and change form for eternity. The only thing that dies is the stuff that is not real, like memories and ego. And intelligent life needs fresh minds to keep thenuniverse from getting boring
>>
>>17135973
You can control it with understanding.
Learn it as though your happiness depends on it.
By it I mean paleobotany and divination.

Actually you should seriously learn tarot.
Buy a deck, learn about the four cardinal elements. Life makes more sense with a deep occult understanding. Plus tarot cards have pictures of naked ladies on them. Or some have naked dudes too if you'd prefer. Those things help protect you, because they distract spirits that would do you harm.
>>
File: 47132118 .jpg (50KB, 650x507px) Image search: [Google]
47132118 .jpg
50KB, 650x507px
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.