[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Twist Ending To Reality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

File: picture-17.png (419KB, 1191x655px) Image search: [Google]
picture-17.png
419KB, 1191x655px
In this thread we describe the most horrifying twist of life and existence that could be true that if we were certain it were true we would be driven insane.

-You're in a car accident with a taxi driver. You see their head split open like a coconut but there's no brain. There's a little robot man that jumps out of the skull and runs away into a storm drain. In the hospital you ask to get an MRI of your head. You explain your hallucination to the doctor. "Oh yes, that's a common hallucination. The 'tiny robot in the skull dream'". Your MRI comes back normal.

Obsessed you google search "tiny robot in the skull dream hallucination" and nothing relevant seems to come up. Then you look up MRI pictures. Then you notice something weirdly familiar about one of them. It looks like yours. Then you go into photoshop and start overlaying all these similar MRI images. Many of them are the same, but they all come from websites of people claiming they are their own. You break into the hospital and use the MRI on yourself. You look at the screen. You can clearly see a tiny robot inside your skull.

Verification: I'm not a robot
>>
>>17129383
You die and go and play a jeopardy game with a few other recently dead people. You loose and you go to hell, you win and you get to go to heaven. Also Jesus is black.

(this question is dumb)
>>
Tiny robot here, I can confirm this.
>>
>>17129395
Tiny tim here, can confirm this.
>>
having thought loops on weed or acid are the epitome of madness.
>>
>>17129394
>Also Jesus is black.
This just in, Megan Kelly has just committed murder-suicide after killing every black person in sight and putting a bullet in her head.
>>
>>17129485
>acid
Yes. Never had one. Caught plenty of them in the process of developing, thank god. It's scary not being in control of your thoughts like that

>weed
No. Just no. Go back to 8th grade, and when the "bad boy" Tommy offers you a hit, just take it. You won't fucking melt, or go on a crazy murder drive. There's a reason people in key positions don't go on meth binges, but typically give no fucks about weed.
>>
You die and are greeted by a man with a white beard. He tells you that because you didnt believe he was real you're going to hell. You then spend eternity in a fiery pit with some red horny dude with a pitch fork.
>>
File: TD48507.jpg (27KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
TD48507.jpg
27KB, 300x180px
>>17129404
>>
I used to think it would be a really big twist if after you die, you wake up and realize you were actually in some kind of virtual reality machine and you had actually just woken up into your real life.

Since then, I've read a lot about things like NDEs, reincarnation, and so forth, and it seems that if those people are right, that's more or less how things really are. It wouldn't really be a twist for me anymore.
>>
>Usual day off with your engineering buds.
>The Chemical engineer friend is the one who makes the batches of LSD, plenty to go around.
>You all meet up, get food, then get ready to dose
>Tastes slightly off in that its sort of sweet, but you put this down to the sugary food you just ate, Drug chef never had issues before with batches.
>The trip is really intense, can't even walk for most of it.
>You go home after it wears off, and wake up the next day feeling sort of odd. HPPD maybe?
>The feeling persists for so long that you forget about it and it becomes normal.
>After 60 or so years, on your death bed you are at peace.
> The light approaches, and you discover on the other side are your old friends, sitting around tripping.
>You imagined 60 years of life, that never existed.
Idk about others, but never being sure if the trip ended would drive me insane.
>>
>>17133039
I'd be really pissed if I found out that I'd spent good arcade money on a sim that produced this "great graphics, shit gameplay" production.
>>
>>17133199
If NDEs are to be believed, "great graphics" might not even be true. They often describe the place they went to as being more real, and that Earth feels like a hazy dream in comparison. In gaming terms, that's like saying Earth is E.T. on the Atari and the afterlife is Crysis.
>>
>>17133075
>Oh GOD! Its Only been two minutes!
>>
>>17133310
There was an episode of Star Trek TNG called The Inner Light which had a similar situation. Picard got hit by some probe and lived an entire virtual life in about 25 minutes. He was shocked.
>>
Why does the robot in your head not know about the other tiny robots?
>>
okay, heres one:

this all a nightmare that we're all caught in and part of, but we arent the ones dreaming. we're actually just figments of someones imagination. someone who hates and fears us and everything in our universe and wants to wake up to be rid of us.

worse version: same as above but they learned to lucid dream a bit, and we know them from religion and history as the abrahamic god.
>>
Stage 1: You die.

Stage 2: As you slowly drift from this reality you suddenly find that you're in a black vacuum. Your body is gone, and you are only consciousness. There's a brilliant light in the distance, and you're falling towards it. Being sucked in...

Stage 3: You're falling in blackness for what seems an eternity, towards the light, thinking over all of the events throughout your life. The good, the bad. It's all trivial. The light is all that matters. Still falling towards the light. It grows faint...

Stage 4: You realise that the light is almost out of view. You've forgotten who you are. Where you are. Infinities have past. Your energy is dying. The light is gone. You surrender to the blackness.. ready to sleep forever...

Stage 5: You are re-born. You continue to live the exact same life, with no memory of the previous. The same person. The same death. Forever and ever.
>>
You die.. and it was all a simulation. You're only 7 in real life. Humans created artificial realities like this one to prolong their life experience. 100 years in here is only 17 seconds in real life. This way, we can experience millions of years in our lifetimes.
>>
>>17133287

So, this one has shit gameplay, while I can expect the 'real world' to be a certified computer crusher with major hardware issues
>>
You die.

You are told you will not be resurrected because you did not go with the flow. You did not conform to the wishes of the many and align yourself with the majority. You essentially became like an immobile rock in the stream of progress.

Game over.
>>
>>17129383
You die.

And that's it. There's no God, no after life. Everything really is just a computer simulation. You were just another few gigs of data. Nothing means anything. Nothing matt-

Oh, wait, you didn't want the truth.
>>
>not born yet
>there is nothing, no consciousness, no soul, no nothing
>be born
>live
>die
>there is nothing, no consciousness, no soul, no nothing
the reality already is the most maddening thing, why do you think we invented all these ridiculous ideas about afterlife? It's nearly impossible to accept that we are essentially machines and that our higher brain functions only operate for the duration of our life and then cease to exist in any form, and that the closest thing we have to a common connection is that the majority of our chemical makeup consists of 4 billion year old stardust that will be freed once our body decomposes into it's basic elements and, best case, forms into grass or carrots or some shit. Unless you actually let yourself get embalmed like a fucking degenerate
>>
>>17133287
NDEs have already been debunked as mass quantity DMT release. The majority of NDE stories I've seen that weren't "Heaven is totes for realz" match up almost word for word to the DMT trips people have described to me
>>
>>17133940
If this happens, then you won't be aware of it, you will not be aware to experience this knowledge. Not scary, unless you waste your life contemplating and fearing it.
>>
>>17133940

Well that's okay, because you didn't provide either, so I guess we're square
>>
>>17133940
Nah.

People forget.. we're not just objects floating around in a motionless vacuum. We're a part of the Universe as a whole. We are literally woven into the fabric of the space/time/fields that surround us. Every object in the Universe is a variation of the same thing.. The Universe itself, whether it be a tree, a person, or a lump of shit. All are equal.
>>
You've died.

You open your eyes, and to your great surprise, you're exactly where you left off. You stand up and the room is enpty. Everything is a hazy shade of red. You hear the rushing of wind, everywhere. You open the nearest door to find the world is a a wind storm of red sky and wind, blasting all the familiar buildings and surroundings.

You are alone, gazing out to a world changed. Something catches your eye above you. To your shock, there is a black sun, blazing a red corona around it. It is from this black blazing sun that the windstorm comes, sweeping over the planet.

You close the door, aghast and confused. Have you really died? You no longer know.

Hours have passed with no change in the howling wind. You've been crying for the entire time. Did you to Hell? Why are you alone?

Days have passed. Alone, scared and desperate for answers, you open the door again. You step out under the empty black Sun, and you're instantly sucked up into the sky, directly towards it.

The end.
>>
>>17133982
I've never seen any reports of NDE stories where they mention machine elves, etc. I think the 'DMT is released when you die' story is likely bs that people latched onto and spread because it sounded plausible at the time.
>>
You die and life goes back in reverse. Causality and entropy are reversed. You get younger and eventually get put back into your mothers vagina. You unevolve into a fertilized egg, then separate into a sperm and an egg. A million other sperm join you. Your dad comes along and sucks you all out of your mother with his wang. You travel along his penis and into his balls, where you disolve into his balls and are despersed around his body as different chemicals.
>>
>>17134099
*dispersed
>>
File: cornell.jpg (12KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
cornell.jpg
12KB, 236x236px
>>17134069
>I see what you did there.
>>
>>17131569
I don't know man. I smoked weed for a good 3-4 years, the first times I got high I had string-thinking which was fucking horrifying. I'd also have some crazy closed eyed visuals. I've yet to try acid but I've done shrooms, the first time I got too fucked up and I was melting into my bed in millions of tiny pigments, shit was cash
>>
>>17133982
what? then how was it debunked?
>>
>>17134115
Yeah, it sort of sounds like he's saying "As long as you disregard everything that contradicts what I'm saying, I'm absolutely right."
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szzVlQ653as
>>
I'm crazy and my whole life is a hallucination.
Long ago my mind broke and this reality is just my way of dealing with what is happening in the real world.

eg. I think I bend over to pick up a cool rock in our (fictional) reality, but in the real world I'm dodging an arrow.

Kind of like a self induced schizo-matrix, I pretend I'm posting this on my phone right now because I can't deal with what is really happening.
>>
>>17134157
I'm going to write a book on that
>>
>>17129485
This. Worst is when it starts to feel like you're physically being hurt after auto processing your own thoughts for too long
>>
that nothing is exactly real because we all are literally some characters in a story someone is making
>>
File: head.png (1MB, 800x4266px) Image search: [Google]
head.png
1MB, 800x4266px
>>17129383
After you die you get reconstructed and wake up in a strange alien world. As you come to your senses a robot picks you up...

>pic related
>>
You guys are so un-creative. No one knows what happens when you die, we get it! Let's tackle another mystery other than the afterlife. How about this?

Years into the not so distant future, phones are advancing. After major improvements to smart phones are made and they become solar powered or some other unending power source, with more features and more apps taking up your free time. One day yours breaks while you are using it and you roll your eyes to see something above you. Apparently, unbeknownst to everyone, silent drones hover over everyone in a dystopic future. One takes notice of your and snipes you in the middle of a crowded area for becoming aware of them.

I always wondered what the sociological effect of everyone living through their smartphones would be and how others could take advantage of our diverted gazes. Anyone wish to expand on smartphone conspiracies?
>>
to find out that your soul goes to the domain of whatever god/entity you worshipped, allied, or alligned with, then poor monotheists find they've been duped; god and satan are not enemies, but were working together. Selling your soul to either one gets the same result, they were just playing good cop/bad cop to trick people into a false dichotomy. The gods that truly were good have long since lost most followers to the monotheist scam.
>>
>>17134503
how about you start a new thread about that rather than trying to jack someone else's?
>>
>>17131582

I have a strong feeling this is actually real in the most loose definition of those words imaginable
>>
My thoughts of what happens when you die depend on how you die, which are defined in 2 categories, Brain death and death where your brain is left in tact.

Brain death you are reborn into another living thing.

Non brain death, you are given a choice to reload your save file from a previous save (you save everytime you go to sleep) or pick new game and are given a new brain anyways similar to brain death.

I mean these honestly make the most sense since these are how our virtual worlds are in video games. Sure sure then you could say

>well then how come people with shit lives don't just kill themselves?

Well for one emotions, and two uncertainty. Though I think if my theory was ever proven I would think they would make centers where you can choose a new game or load point and your family would be ok with it knowing that you'd be happier if you're depressed with your current save.

Anyone else think this theory could be true or just me?
>>
>>17133889

This is a truly scary thought
>>
>>17134541
All non brain death leads to brain death very quickly.
>>
>>17134544
ok but that doesn't really stop people from having complex emotions to not suicide due to fear of death and the response from their family. Unless you're extremely depressed where you have no other emotion but sadness, or just have no emotions at all and go on a killing spree, in which case your could die from brain death if you are shot in the head for going on that killing spree.
>>
File: JackieChanWTF.jpg (27KB, 450x268px) Image search: [Google]
JackieChanWTF.jpg
27KB, 450x268px
>>17134521
>jack someone else's?

OP never said anything about this being limited to afterlife discussions. All he said was this:

>In this thread we describe the most horrifying twist of life and existence that could be true that if we were certain it were true we would be driven insane.

In fact his story had nothing to do with an afterlife experience. I am not saying we don't have to have an afterlife but one could argue you all "jacked" this thread to be about afterlife only. It's cool, the afterlife is a big unknown so of course the prospect terrifies us. All I am doing is challenging you to come up with something different.
>>
>>17134515

This is some good right here.
>>
>>17134544
also we don't really know if the brain dies after death, it could very well just be a complex computer that can be restarted into another time line if this truely is a simulation, unless your brain gets shattered into a million pieces from a bullet, or other infections. Or rather a computer virus. What I am suggesting though is that if you're brain is untouched from a virus for even more then a minute then you could reload a save file before it is lost, which is why you have to choose quickly if you want to start new game or load a previous save.
>>
>>17134566
Or maybe the brain is like a game that only has continues. Maybe when you hit new game on your current game, which would be your human name, so if you were named Jack, that is your game and so you can choose to continue where you died, or become a baby again. Or choose to insert a new game and become even a table if you so choose to. I mean clearly video games that we've made can be inanimate objects, so why would this simulation be as limited? Look at the game 'I am Toast' you're a piece of bread trying to become toasted.
>>
>>17134581
i mean why would this simulation differ from simulations we've made. I realize what other thing I said makes no sense lol.
>>
>>17129383
Gosh being alive is wonderful,
All of /x/ /b/ and /pol/ has made me appreciate existance
>>
>>17134515

What if you're an Atheist? Is the domain empty? Do we take on the role of God ourselves?!
>>
Plot twist:

We are merely a species of advanced organisms that have developed opposable thumbs and intelligent thought. We exist on an average planet circling an average sun. The nearest star system is four light years away, further than any of this reading right now will ever reach in our lifetimes.

We are alone in our tiny bubble, tucked on the far end of a spiral arm of a cluster of stars, dust, and gas circling a black hole. In billions of years, our galaxy will collide with Andromeda, and neither will be recognizable as they once were. In four billion years, our Sun will turn against us and vaporize the planet, obliterating all traces of every life that has existed upon it.

Lonely and cold, Voyager drifts farther out of our solar system. Its record will never be played.

As you have lived, so must you die. Your body acts as fertilizer for the Earth, allowing other organisms to utilize your energy so they may live also. There is nothing more to life than the cycle of death. There is no meaning other than the idea we are special. We make up grand stories, grand ideas, so we may inflate our ego and pretend that existence is extraordinary.

We are nothing special. We will not live past our lifetimes here. You will die, your parents will die, as will your siblings; your pets, the leaves on trees, the trees themselves. The oceans will vaporize. The Earth will become a dead marble circling a dying star.

Plot twist: You are not special and death is the only certainty.
>>
>>17134588
Or wander around as a spirit until you pick one, or end up with whichever one you were most like in terms of ideals/values.

Like fighting? Welcome to Valhalla. Value knowledge? Maybe chill with Athena or find yourself in the ahkashik (sp?) records. Like living a simple life as a human? Reincarnation.

Of course this is just guessing on my part. I'd like to believe that whatever happens after death, it is somehow more fair and balanced than either being a servant in heaven or suffering forever in hell.
>>
>something happens
>you die
>wake up
>"can you believe it!? he actually bought the whole "death" thing! Bahaha what a noob"
>people around you start shapeshifting and reveal that they were rusing you the whole time and that the world is actually incredibly magical and morphic according to the will
>this life was all an elaborate troll the other residents play on new initiates to existence
>everyone but you is in on it
>>
Death is being trapped in your own rotting mind for eternity, your thoughts becoming more unhinged and insane as time endlessly stretches on.
>>
>>17134704
so then we all could be dead right now.
>>
I have seen this before
>you die
>you wake up in a room surrounded by people who you know
>your all passing around a futuristic looking device
>"how was it" your friend asks
>Holy shit that was weird as fuck
>"Alice is about to try watch"
>The girl next to you takes the device
>she puts her mouth on an opening and presses a button
>The machine starts running and the girl is inhaling smoke
>she breathes it in deep and holds it
>she slumps back in the couch and starts convulsing and her eyes are twitching and moving around
>She groans as she comes to
>"Alice holy shit are you good?
>>
>>17134709
I laughed irl
Pretty much this

>>17134704
Even if your thoughts became a lot more spontaneous they could eventually congeal to form another bullshit reality like this one at some point
>>
File: moovie.jpg (733KB, 2560x1896px) Image search: [Google]
moovie.jpg
733KB, 2560x1896px
>>17134739
Have you ever seen this movie?
The problem, even with that, is that you then have no idea whether or not the so-called "reality" is just another simulation itself, or even just another part of the simulation you initially immersed yourself in (like waking up in a dream and thinking you're awake when you're not)
>>
>>17134749

That movie had an interesting concept to it but was such an enormous fucking mess.
>>
>>17134771
I liked its messiness
It had that tacky 90s aesthetic to it
>>
>>17129383
>you die
>nothing happens

I don't know if that's a positive or a negative because if there is some kind of hell then i'm going there.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.