[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why dosen't Christmas feel like Christmas any more?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 13

File: lainhead.png (278KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
lainhead.png
278KB, 704x480px
Why dosen't Christmas feel like Christmas any more?
>>
You grew up, Anon.
>>
>>17125990
We shifted to a dimension where Christmas is about receiving materialistic goods instead of spending time with family and spreading good will.
>>
>>17125990
It's called being a grown up.
>>
>>17125990
Because you're not 12
>>
>>17125990
Your family doesn't really get into the holiday spirit?
Probably just a few random lights thrown here, and there.
Small poorly decorated tree.
People busy doing their own thing ect.
>>
>>17125990
I know how you feel anon.
I really used to look forward to christmas time, not really specifically Christmas but the overall feeling that I'd get from it. Now this year, it really felt A LOT different, here I am, Dec. 24th, feeling nothing more than just a regular day.
>>
How old are you, guys?
>>
>>17126015

Fuck, same here. How depressing.

[spoiler]The lack of snow isn't helping matters, either.[/spoiler]
>>
Because it feels like its fucking Summer familia
>>
Because all of the beliefs are coming to light. You're less of a Christian than you were naturally, as a result of the impression of foreign cultures into your own. Baby Jesus in a manger is a large part of Christmas. Merry Christmas is a huge part of it. Happy Holidays is just... Holidays.
>>
Because you are not a kid anymore.

This ain't sugar mountain kid.
>>
>>17125990
because were all so fucking depressed. if it isnt your health or lovelife its the fuckin muslims or russians or chinese or bills so many bills.. we're all being constantly punched in the face by money-driven hedonistic society we've created.
>>
>>17126000
>>17126005
>>17126006
>>17126040

Actually as a kid I would get sad around Christmas for no reason. As an adult I was one of those guys likely to kill themselves over the holidays. Now I'm 27 and this is the first Christmas where I've just felt nothing.
>>
>>17126061

/x/ is escapism. you're here reading about tulpa and fuckin divination bullshit (wtf is divination anyway) because you're sick of thinking about your shitty existence and how the government are raping your soul.

fuck you. fuck you all. and have a merry christmas.

wankers.
>>
We have no snow this and its making it the best Christmas ever desu I dont know why people like snow
>>
>>17125990
bc you are an adult, and dont receive presents, but things are going to change when you have kids. the christmas feelings will come back when you have kids
>>
>>17126002
This

It's all about who has the most...
>>
>>17126078

ow the edge
>>
>>17126039
>Because all of the beliefs are coming to light
This.

The overexposure of everything has made us blind to the intimacy of a close community celebrating an event together in peace. Now that we know that its being practiced all over the world, the feeling isnt that special anymore. Globalisation is a heavy burden for all things human.
>>
>>17125990
>getting adult presents suck
>having to worry about work after Xmas and not getting the rest of the year of anymore
>Xmas songs all sound like ayy lmaos singing and you've grown tired of listening to the same shit every year
>nobody wants to cook, so let's go to a shitty buffet where depressed people have to serve us on Xmas day
>realize all your gifts had come from China all these years and gets less valuable every year
>being all alone with no family or loved one, realizing you'll spend another drunk Xmas on 4chan.
>wondering why haven't I killed myself on Xmas yet
>go to work the next day hungover like shit watching everyone showing their gifts on their new iPhone 6ses
>happy new year 2016 watching all qt couples kiss at midnight, you're all alone on /x/ then creating a thread or responding to a thread about the meaning of existence.
>>
>>17125990
because christ failed.
>>
>>17125990
Because you realize that the main purpose of Christmas (cebrating Jesus) is stupid after you stop believing in children's fairy tales.

Then Christmas just becomes a day where bunch of fucks pretend they're le happy and nice to each other just to go back to their normal state the next day
>>
>>17126633
You can just celebrate the midwinter holiday.
>>
Well it's 65°F where I am. We've usually got snow up to Muhammad Ali's anus by this time, but it feels like springtime. I've heard of Christmas in July but holy fuck.

Also, apathy.
>>
to me, xmas was never about jesus or christianity, it was all about gathering the family together and overall having a good time, now 2/3 of my family is dead
i grew older and theres nothing to look forward to but another year of failure
watching the love of my life walk away in the dust, holding hands with my childhood best friend
no one feels like celebrating anymore, no more gifts or traditions except for the fucking chester on top of the table
everyone if full of fake smiles and false intentions
this is the first time the end of the year feels just like a regular day
another year went by, and i dont know what the fuck i am supposed to do other than get drunk and kill myself
>>
>>17125990
you grow up, and for those of us that have been living on our own for years now, its gone from "yay xmas with my family in my pjs and food" to "what a year, hopefully next one is better", thats all, christmas didnt change, you did
>>
Personally I'm stoked because I'm giving people I actually fuck with presents. This is honestly the first year that I am more excited about the gifts that other people are getting then what I am getting myself. I really can't wait to see my mom and sisters faces tomorrow. Also free food and drink.
>>
I never thought Santa or Jesus was real yet had amazing childhood Christmases. I used to watch my parents buy my presents at the store. Jesus had nothing to with my childhood Christmases. I just spent the morning opening presents, watching Bugs Bunny, eating turkey and dressing for dinner, playing with presents then passing out. I'm glad my parents didn't raise me to be stupid and believe in fairy tales
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 236x306px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 236x306px
>>17126701
i am with you on this :D honestly could not be more amused than by surprising humans close to me. can't wait to surprise best friend with a singing bowl. i get what it's about now. not even about stuff really but just a way to make people smile who might not on any other day
>>
>>17126008
Spoopi
>>
>>17126008
>Spoopi
>>
>>17126589
>happy new year 2016 watching all qt couples kiss at midnight, you're all alone on /x/ then creating a thread or responding to a thread about the meaning of existence.

Why can't i have a girlfriend.
I have friends and get out of internet. Just no luck in finding love.... Its so fucking depressing.
21 years old and never ever somebody loved me for who i am.
>>
>>17126690
You need a family and your own kids.
Spread the love you recived.
>>
>>17126761
that would require a woman

gg no re
>>
>>17126751
I feel what you're feeling...
>>
Kinda wore off when I was 13-14. I'm 18 now, and for the first year in ages it's starting to come back.
>>
>>17126137
Is desu senpai banned here too?
>>
Life is made of choices.
You can choose to spend your Christmas bored and feeling nothing. Or you can choose to have a good time with what you have, be it by yourself or with your family.

This year we didn't even decorate a tree. There were no gifts. But we had an amazing time finally being able to have dinner together.

It's like you can choose to take what your family members say about you seriously or you can choose to pretend you didn't hear it because you know they are full of shit and not ruin your own day like an idiot.

Just trust me guys, you can make anything and any day special by choosing so. If you miss the "Christmas magic", try making the magic happen yourself. Parents get tired, you know.
>>
>>17126751
Are you me?
>>
>>17126015
it feels like a sunday if anything.

not even a thursday.
>>
>>17125990
crisis everywhere
>>
>>17125990
Welcome to adulthood, cupcake.
>>
>>17125990
Because there's NO FUCKING SNOW AND IT'S FUCKING 70 DEGREES IN THE ENTIRE NORTH EAST
FUCK THIS BULLSHIT
>>
Because in march of 2011, the Brotherhood of Secrets completed its quest to kill god once and for all. There's no point celebrating someone's birthday after they've kicked the bucket.
>>
>>17126078
People are going to respond with 'le edge,' but I get you man. You're speaking truth.
>>
>>17126865
>It's like you can choose to take what your family members say about you seriously or you can choose to pretend you didn't hear it because you know they are full of shit and not ruin your own day like an idiot.

that hit me dude
cheers
>>
>>17126078
This put me in the Christmas spirit a bit more. I feel you. Merry Christmas anon.
>>
>>17125990
Because you grew up.
>>
>>17125990
but it does feel like christmas!
>>
>>17127286
Le edge
>>
>>17126024
Im 12 and what is this?

Now for real, im 23, this shit is really weird as the OP says.
>>
File: santaclaus.jpg (270KB, 632x567px) Image search: [Google]
santaclaus.jpg
270KB, 632x567px
>HO!
>HO!!
>HO!!!!

Why all the glum?
>>
Honestly, it almost doesn't feel like Christmas here because it's fucking hot this year. This is the first year where it's 70F or higher right now.

Also, I got my cousins some toys they wanted and I gave my wife a GTX 980 Ti Hybrid as her present. Only thing I've got so far is some scratch-offs and some pajamas, lol.

Feels like I'm a grown up, but it still feels somewhat like Christmas except for the weather. Last year and every year before that it was freezing right now.
>>
>>17127911
who are you calling a ho, fat man?
>>
Because I'm sick so I stayed home instead of passing it onto my baby niece and nephew that are visiting. Hope I feel well enough to spend some time with the family tomorrow.
>>
>>17125990
>tfw you realize Christmas is the echo of a pagan traditional festival specifically designed to stop people getting depressed and killing themselves during the long winters in the northern hemisphere
>>
cause I have to empty piss bags twice a night. Clean up the house in the middle of the night. No family. No tree. it's 70 degrees. Take care of people all day.
>>
>>17126078
damn. Merry crimus indeed.
>>
>>17127997
and I'm broke, and have voices.
>>
>>17128010
and go to the doctor our hospital every day.

merry Christmas!
>>
>>17126076
That's an urban legend. Suicides don't spike around Christmas, they actually go down.
>>
File: tHzZBT9.png (162KB, 636x439px) Image search: [Google]
tHzZBT9.png
162KB, 636x439px
>>17126078
Just sleep it off, m8. Looks like you're already a few deep at the summer wallaby roast or whatever you upside down fucks do down there. Merry go fuck yourself and have a happy new year, faggot. At least you guys don't have to pretend that bullshit Kwanzaa is a real thing down in poisonland. Cheers, ya cunt.
>>
>>17128022
I mean I'm good, But god damn. Well off to clean the house and organize medicine.

It's an ever expanding chance of collapse. Just holding on. And my dad might die.

But it's not that bad. Think I will have a drink.
>>
>>17125990
I love you anon :3 Have a very merry christmassss!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ6yQgBvuoI
>>
>>17128022
so if you see me on the street. Fuck off.
>>
>>17128060

Comrade, my Dad died. After a similar kind of experience.

It was pretty shit, but life goes on. My sympathy.

I hope your Dad lives to a healthy old age.
>>
>>17126008
Ho-holi-day gggghost?
>>
>>17125990
Because they're all gone and it doesn't matter anymore.
;;
>>
>>17128030

Source?
>>
>>17125990
Xmas is cursed on my street.

Last year someone's mother died of a heart attack on Xmas eve.

This year a families husband was arrested for Domestic Violence.

And my cat hurt its tail T_T not comparatively bad because she's all better now.
>>
>>17126701
>people I actually fuck with

Please don't use this millennial speak.
>>
>>17128370
Auspoof Just Nimble it.
>>
>>17126015
Exactly this.
what is happening?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJvhL-XccNc&index=4&list=PLACixZkUG8soumMm3OSu-sbvUnMirH8bo

Chin up, have a good Christmas lecture from Manly P. Hall.
>>
>>17125990
If your an American, its probably because its so fucking hot outside this December
>>
>>17125990
People just care to eat like pigs and drink.

Weirdly, one of the days with most sins in the year
>>
>>17126076
You know how some trees rot inside when they get old enough?
Same thing happened to you.

You're dead inside.
>>
File: 1450556531997.png (75KB, 380x296px) Image search: [Google]
1450556531997.png
75KB, 380x296px
>>17125990
>Rise of the internet
>Everyday revolves around the latest news or fads
>Practically ever person is connected or can be connected to the web at any given time
>Most people can't remember what they had for breakfast two days ago
What I'm getting at is every day is starting to feel the same. I don't know if this is some /x/ shit but i've started to notice time is speeding up. Very subtly, but if you go to bed tonight really think about what you did today. Did it seem like a lot?
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 500x334px
>>17128744
aww this is worthwhile

thanks anon
>>
>>17128878
well i fuckin have
>>
File: dicks.png (119KB, 434x484px) Image search: [Google]
dicks.png
119KB, 434x484px
>>17128888
niger
>>
File: rembrant.png (188KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
rembrant.png
188KB, 384x288px
>>17128943
i'm having difficulty with the 'find something you're interested in' and 'connect to people' part.
>>
>>17126002
this, i was really focused on watching those christmas commercial this year, and all they do is talk about presents and family (who will be happy if they get presents)..
>>
>>17128943
>>17128878
>>17125990
avatarfagging is against the rules
>>
File: lain41.jpg (49KB, 780x896px) Image search: [Google]
lain41.jpg
49KB, 780x896px
>>17128977
Something creative is really nice to do. What do you want to create, there must be something? Music, Drawings, Code...? And you're connecting just fine, we're talking right now. I'm sure you'll be fine if you keep trying.
>>
File: spin fast pupper.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
spin fast pupper.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>17129048
o fug better get da fug out :DDD
>>
>>17126751
Nobody ever loves anyone for "who they are". It's all just commerce. The occasional night of blissful snuggling or the oblivion of an earth shattering orgasm is the only reward your genes give you for not eating lead.
>>
Hiro destroying 4chan is more upsetting than not having a good holiday time...
>>
File: Yggdrasil.jpg (83KB, 357x448px) Image search: [Google]
Yggdrasil.jpg
83KB, 357x448px
>>17126568

This. Every day now seems like an amorphous blob, unattached to any other day. I never know what day of the week it is, and I can rarely remember the date - sometimes, I forget what month or year I'm in.

Weekends mean nothing either. I somehow always have time to enjoy myself, and I constantly smoke weed. When I'm at work, it feels the same as when I'm at home.

This isn't to say I'm depressed, or bored - I feel better than I ever have before in my life. Sometimes I wonder if I'm not still stuck in one of those salvia trips, from five years ago. I can still see the green fields, the golden sun, the house and the apple tree reaching up to Heaven. Sitting eternally in an old house, never changing becomes paradise.

It's too good to be true. I'm going to walk up that spiral staircase to the end of the script, to that celestial hospital in space. Eyes and hair the color of brewed black tea - skin the color of milk. A transparent houri - like red wine in a white glass, ascending to the eighth Heaven of wooden boardwalks and red brick houses suspended in the clouds.
>>
>>17125990
da joos
>>
Because OP is a weeaboo. Also, watching Serial Experiments Lain would make you miserable.
>>
>>17125990
Because mudslimes
>>
>>17126002
I must have come from that Dimension. I don't remember presents being the big thing about Christmas it was always just about Christmas carols and the community getting to know each other. I feel like this shift happened sometime in the 90s and then the Present Christmas dimension took full control in the 2000s.
>>
>>17131292
That's the quickening. Muslim scholars and their religious community are the only ones talking about it since its part of end days prophecy.

>Time would move swiftly—a year passing like a month—a month like a week—a week like a day” etc., and already the perception of swiftly moving time is a universal experience;
>>
>>17129058
look, it's the lain guy
>>
File: happy-diwali-.jpg (539KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
happy-diwali-.jpg
539KB, 1024x768px
I celebrate Diwali so christmas doesn't mean shit to me. Plus you get to fire crackers in Diwali and have food and spend time with family.

christmas is good for shopping deals tho
>>
>>17132633
>Muslim scholars
that's an oxymoron

it's like saying nigger gentlemen
>>
>>17125990
Because you grew up and your captor-progenitors stopped lying to you about its promise because they already sufficiently attached themselves to you to steal your Chi.
>>
no snow kills the mood vs last year when we had a polar vortex and everything was covered in snow
>>
>>17125990
Because christmas is a time to be happy, but it only comes once a year.
>>
>>17133201
So in the back of your mind you know youre supposed to be happy, but for what, just a day?
>>
>>17128857
>I don't know if this is some /x/ shit but i've started to notice time is speeding up.

Timewave Zero
>>
>>17125990
Because we're all very anxious about the world ending.
>>
Christmas as we knew it died in The Great War on Christmas seven years ago. Since then, scientists have had to artificially reproduce the holiday to keep the calendar intact. It'll never feel the same, but we had no choice, goddammit, he had started loading nuclear warheads onto that sleigh. When you have to kill an entity whose very existence is tied to a day of the year, you only have once option.
>>
>>17126865
This forever dude. Good to see someone else with this attitude.
>>
>>17125990
Because Christmas is a holiday based off of murder and lies.
>>
File: TNR10212-TheWhiteRabbit.jpg (60KB, 339x556px) Image search: [Google]
TNR10212-TheWhiteRabbit.jpg
60KB, 339x556px
>>17134633

No...
EASTER is based upon death and lies,
Christmas is based upon adultery and lies.

You don't have to be Freud to know the difference between death and sex.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.