[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving stars in the night sky?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: stars.jpg (379KB, 1280x1112px) Image search: [Google]
stars.jpg
379KB, 1280x1112px
hey /x/ a few years back I was looking up at the night sky with some friends and we all noticed every star in the sky was moving, now when i say every star I mean every star. Not across the sky like a satellite or plane would but like in the motion of the light bug, it never strayed too far from where it moves around its always in the same area of sky. This went on for about a week until one day they all just stopped. I always keep any eye out on the night sky incase they start moving again until tonight. I noticed a few stars doing it this time though, not every star. It can't be just me because my friends noticed that shit as well, so it can't be that I'm seeing shit. Anyone else experience this?
>>
Were you high when they started moving?
>>
Ive seen the same for the past five years .. alot of people dont watch the skies as closely at night i guess
>>
>>17124730
What do u think it is man? Starting to think its some government cover up type shit
>>
I've seen stars move, not all at once though but individually. They seem to disappear but look like they are fading away
>>
>>17123656
yes ive seen a lot of weird shit in the sky. i'm pretty sure that the 'stars' are an illusion or only a few thousand miles away.
>>
I remember a Morrowind Mod dealing with

WATCH THE SKY

but was never able to run it. Sadly.
>>
I too have noticed this phenomenon with some stars "turning off" altogether.

Thought I was going crazy
>>
>>17125263

...those fading brigth spots moving are satellites, they reflect the sun, their shine mimics that of the moon, they fade because earth's shadow covers them...

They are more visible a few hours after sunset and before sunrise, the ISS is particularly bright an fast. You most likely won't see them at wee hours.

You probably see them this time of the year because the sky is clear.
>>
>>17125278
not OP btw but yeah, i've seen 'satellites' and the ISS numerous times. i've seen ufos zip around and float over peoples houses. I've seen stars communicate to one another and have war against each other. i've seen the moon waterfall... crazy eh?
>>
>>17125277
>>17125277
>>
OP here, what could they be though? This shit has been boggling my mind for the longest. Pretty sure we're being lied to about the stars
>>
>>17125514
You are a hopeless retard and you should not be allowed to breed.
>>
>>17125564
Then please enlighten me on what the hell i'm seeing.
>>
>>17125899
It's just your eyes playing tricks on you.
>>
>>17125379

Star... Wars?
>>
>>17125269
This could be something bigger

Few years ago I remember a guy made a thread saying the mod existed and he played it. Most of the creepypasta shit like the monster guy following you and screaming and stuff like that was fake and added just to make it spookier.

But the mod was real and NPCs were really saying "Watch the sky" all the time. The sky was also very realistic (like the realistic graphic mods for skyrim or something) and fullof stars and he said the sky was weird because there was weird movements and stars seemed off.

I tried finding that topic plenty of times but no trace
>>
>>17123656

WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU MEAN BY "MOVING LIKE A LIGHTBUG"? THAT DESCRIPTION IS OVERLY VAGUE.
>>
File: noplanes.png (418KB, 954x718px) Image search: [Google]
noplanes.png
418KB, 954x718px
I personally have not noticed movement but i have noticed them twinkling HaRd aS FuCK
>>
lol you guys

It's your eyes. Your fucking eyes... They can't focus on something so small in the dark, and your focus drifts around. It isn't a cover up, it isn't anything, it's literally just a thing that hppens to everyone with eyeballs.
>>
>>17123656
I have but I thought it was probably just an illusion. Sometimes when you're looking for meteors it happens. I would look at something and could clearly see it moving up or down or to the side, but I'd look again and it wouldn't be any closer to any of the stars around it than it was to begin with.
>>
>>17126280
This.

I remember reading part of this then getting destracted by weed. I really want to finish it. I was to the part where he had swam out and reached a weird island.
And forgive me but I've heard it so much as a meme that i want to read the ben drowned creepy pasta.
>>
I've seen this happen before and I thought it was just me until I saw this thread. Dear god
>>
File: movement.png (9KB, 267x273px) Image search: [Google]
movement.png
9KB, 267x273px
OP here, I attached a pic i drew up real quick of what the paths sort of looked like, and I understand that it could be my eyes but some stars would end up in a different spot, but in the same area in the sky, and it's not like I can confuse a star with another because in Texas theres not too many stars to look at.
>>
Forget that the stars are tracked by millions of serious amateur and professional astronomers every day. Forget that you can buy a reasonably priced telescope that has motors to track the Earth's rotation to ensure you that stars aren't moving in weird ways, or even a non-motorized telescope to do so similarly.

It's all a conspiracy by NASA, every astronomer in the world, and the illuminati super-jew lizards. Stars aren't actually real, they're holographic projections to fool us into believing that Earth isn't actually on the inside of a sphere.

The alternative is that it's a natural psychological phenomenon and not external, but that's a materialistic lie.
>>
Was outside yesterday looking at how big the moon was (pretty good size) and looked around and see a star and it moved a good ways (cant really give a good measurement, but it would be the size of your pinky if you held it up from the tip of the star to the end). WAS REALLY weird so I thought it a plane or the space-station, but seeing this, Its kinda weird.
>>
>>17123656
Low orbiting satellite.

/thread
>>
Yeh iv seen this more than once. Always freaks me out but you feel helpless about it as.far.as seeking answers goes. So you just forget about it.
>>
>>17123656
Seen this phenomenon also. I know it wasn't just my mind playing tricks on me because I had two friends gazing the stars with me and they saw it also. Couldn't be satelites because of the trajectories of movement was too unstable and they stopped sometimes and then moved again. Satellites don't do that. We thought it was ayy lmaos.
>>
I refuse to believe this board is actually this full of idi...

Wait, I'm on /x/.

Yes I can believe it.
>>
>>17128629
whats idiotic about reporting a weird sighting that many people have encountered.

>inb4 satellites
no satellites don't move that way
>>
>>17128650

see

>>17128025

and >>17128187
>>
>>17128607
OP here, Exactly! if it were satellites then how can they move in a not fixed path, maybe if they were going straight across the sky but these shits slow down, speed up, and zip around. Its fucking weird glad i'm not the only one though.
>>
>>17128655
You sound a lot more stupid then the people ITT
>>
>>17126090
this.
>>
>>17128025
>>17128187
/thread
>>
I had this once. But i was on some MDMA.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.