[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Indiana legends thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: indiana_road_map.gif (297KB, 1428x2072px) Image search: [Google]
indiana_road_map.gif
297KB, 1428x2072px
Any folklore or legends about Indiana that you guys may know of? Just wondering. As a Hoosier, I'm just curious. I mean, you never hear anything about Indiana these days except the colts, the only legend I know of, which I don't really believe, is I think Wilbur's library or something like that.
>>
File: 1438318323851.gif (470KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1438318323851.gif
470KB, 200x200px
As a fellow hoosier, I've never heard anything significant, as much as I wish I have.
>>
>>17116368
I hear that there was a house that kept people in Tupperware to keep them fresh. Erie? Right?
>>
>>17116454
Right? I do know there is this book called creepy Indiana, but it sounds like a bunch of bs, cool pictures in there
>>
>>1711646>>17116467
The fuck?
>>
File: shrug.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Bigfoot could easily swim over the Ohio and end up in Evansville or something right?
>>
>>17116481
Itd be a bit rough since the Ohio is pretty deep, but I don't really believe in him
>>
ghosts haunt the old part of the Indiana Marion county public library. Small twisty staircase behind an old metal door in the fiction room. Just ask a librarian or two
>>
>>17116368
An old favorite for Folklore collection is "The House of Blue Lights".

Local millionaire Skiles Test apparently embalmed his wife in a glass casket, and kept her like that in the house, by his large indoor swimming pool. He'd just sit up at night and look in on her. The way stories usually run, some inquisitive kids go in for a look, startle his dog, and end up running from the hounds and Test's shotgun. Blue lights, or a blue haze, seen to gather around Test often confuse everything, and all but one of the kids end up dead.

You can read about it here: http://houseofbluelights.com/stories/
>>
>>17116493
Nah. Too much to do in Henderson
>>
>>17116994
I heard of that one, didn't think much of it, but thanks for dumbing it down for e
>>
>>17117088
I love near there, throw them at me>>17117088
>>
Crop circles in the corn and haunted corn fields maybe?

Corn.
>>
>>17117627
Weak
>>
I'm originally from rural Indiana. There are a couple of things I remember from my time growing up there.

First is that there are the covered bridges from the 1800s that are still around. I know that some of them have stories of being haunted. Usually it's the whole urban legend of go there at night and drive through it with your lights off and you'll be spooped.

Another is that there is a road out in the country of Rush county called Benson Road. It's a short off road out in the country with a small bridge crossing a stream and allegedly back in the day, there was some weird cult shit that went on out there, but I have no idea whether or not it was actually that stuff or just teenagers setting up such things to make it look that way. My money's on the latter. Still some cool shit though. I went there a couple of times when I was in high school. It could get creepy, but I never encountered anything over the top.
>>
>>17117701
Thanks
>>
fellow Hoosier here. where can I go urban exploring?
>>
Posey Chapel and Devil's Bridge
>>
>>17117937
Head down to eville, like i said, I'm quite sure there is something about wilvurs or Wilbur's (idk) library, something about an old lady haunts it but it sounds like a lot ta be to me. I personally am from Gibson county so I've been over there quite a lot
>>
>>17116368
Only thing I can think of is that there are still KKKs in Indiana.
>>
ugh i hate this state... nothing cool ever happens
>>
>>17116467
I'm dying. Loved that show.
>>
>>17120465
Right? Well, we do have the fall festival down in eville, but thats about it.
>>
well there's stepp cemetery in morgan-monroe state forest, I go there with friends occasionally. there's a baby grave towards the back that people lay toys and shit on, there's a little pinwheel stuck in the ground that will supposedly start spinning even when there's no wind. I remember the first time we went we were screwing around in this hollowed tree when suddenly we heard this loud crash or bang that shook the ground for a good few seconds. scared the shit out of us so we took off running down the trail to our car. while we were running, we started hearing panting and pattering behind us, and we started freaking out thinking there were wolves or something chasing us. my friend called his ex after wards (crazy wiccan chick), she was convinced we would bring spirits back with us and had us meet her and her friends somewhere so she could perform a cleansing ritual. we went along with it for shits n giggles, one of my friends started acting like he was possessed and pretended to pass out, was a good time.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.