[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Evil a Force or an Idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Black_Smear_Blocks_Large02.gif (76KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Smear_Blocks_Large02.gif
76KB, 1200x720px
Just wanted to hear your thoughts on the idea or force of evil. Is it just an idea or way to explain things that are truly bad or do you view it more as an actual force in the world. The difference of "Does he have evil thoughts he acts on or is he an evil person?"
>>
it is an idea that acts as a current
no one is completely evil, but anyone can be easily corrupted by it
evils acts are consciously done
evil is a meme
>>
>>17116101

Evil isn't quantifiable as a state, what we understand as evil is simply the absence of love in the same way a stone that is still is simply the lack of inertia.
>>
>>17116101
Neither. It is an intent.
>>
>>17116101
Its an alignment, some people gravitate toward it, but the concept of Good couldn't exist without evil
>>
Is Evil a Force or an Idea ?

only in your mind bro, only in you're mind
>>
>>17116161
I think about "evil" on a sociological scale. Every individual has a certain alignment or disposition, but this is fluid and depends highly on those of the people around him. On a national scale, the interactions of millions of people lead to a sort of general social level of "evilness". Notwithstanding some cataclysmic event or political revolution that greatly shifts everyone's personalities at the same time, this level achieves a stable equilibrium and doesn't change much over time. Sociologists might refer to this phenomenon as a society's amount of social capital.

I find it telling that the value of human and animal life seems to be inversely correlated with population density (e.g. the endemic lack of empathy for animals in Asian cultures, or the elites in developing countries who profit from the chaos and social brokenness beneath them and seek to perpetuate the situation). As the world becomes more dense as a whole, we're going to see a further erosion of Enlightenment values and a decline in the moral integrity and cultural refinement of the average person.
>>
File: St_augustine_of_Hippo.jpg (30KB, 233x286px) Image search: [Google]
St_augustine_of_Hippo.jpg
30KB, 233x286px
>>17116101
I would say that evil is a privation of good, and thus not a "force" in the positive sense, but is akin to darkness in the face of light.

>evil thoughts vs. evil nature

evil thoughts come about due to concupiscence, which is inherent in our natures as humans. so...the thoughts themselves are not our nature, but the tendancy towards them is.

that is, being human is not ipso facto evil, but it is a condition wherein committing evil is inevitable.
>>
its a spell, when you read evil left to right the other hemisphere of your brain reads L I V E. the real word was either lost/hidden centuries ago or still around mislabeled. i think it was something like "masochist" or "murder" or something stupid
>>
File: potato.jpg (48KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
potato.jpg
48KB, 620x372px
Is this potato a table or a dog?
>>
My thought is that good and evil do not inherently exist.

I find it to be quite a heathen-like type thinking.

There is existence, and all ways of doing things are unbiased inherently. And to sit in an unbiased point of view is to protect yourself against biases that others project, on all levels, and also to connect with the deeper truth, which I find to be more of a sense than a formula of thought.
>>
>>17116101

It's a social construct. Some of us are transmoral.
>>
>>17120560
It's the sun, like me, it's baked.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.