[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

getting started in Magick I know basically nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: download (4).jpg (12KB, 199x253px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
12KB, 199x253px
What is the best school to get started on ? Any positive feedback is greatly appreciated .
>>
File: 1724612715.gif (1MB, 154x170px) Image search: [Google]
1724612715.gif
1MB, 154x170px
>What is the best school to get started on ?

Hogwartz
>>
>>17111978
What is your perception of God?
>>
>>17111997
I believe that there is some divine power that created all of this but I'm not really following any religion
>>
>>17112011
So what is your objective concerning material objects? What reason would you want to do magic
>>
>>17112024
Nothing evil really I was just curious about Magick , about what I could do.
>>
File: image.jpg (180KB, 752x950px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180KB, 752x950px
Lots of people think magic is all dressing up in costumes and chanting latin words and drawing pentagrams with chalk to conjure demons. It can be that, yes. But it is also a philosophy and way of life -- much like religion and science.

I would recommend reading Advanced Magick For Beginners.
>>
>>17112034
Sounds like high magick is what you want my boy. Go now for you will be doing too much reading for any sane man.
>>
I'm liking liber null and pschonaut so far.
>>
>>17111978
If you really do not know where to start, then it's not meant for you.
>>
>>17112054
I like the pic.
>>
>>17112249
I just started liber null today. bretty good stuff so far
>>
>>17112920
Oh and by the way, when I say what I said above I mean it, I am not trolling or trying to make you feel picked on; if you have any semblance of respect for the spiritual/metaphysical, then you should already know not to tread where you are not welcome. If you can't figure out the very basic fundamentals of some practice then you SHOULD NOT go any farther for your safety and others! There are some Magick is meant for, but for a lot of others like you it's not. Am I making myself clear enough? Those who seek knowledge know where to look, and you do not know where to look.
>>
>>17112966
not OP and not meaning to be contrary but there's extensive reading and a lot of it is wordy and convoluted. If someone doesn't wanna do the reading and trial and error to to start why does that make them unqualified? Surely making the whole thing more efficient and directing people should be the aim.
>>
How does one get started in magics?
>>
>>17111978
Does this shit really work? I mean, I don't even know what 'this shit' is, but I'm guessing it has to do with occult rituals. If this works, why doesn't everyone talk about it?

Sorry if this is an incredibly stupid question, I'm genuinely interested and want to know more. It's intriguing.
>>
>>17111978
Magic isn't real.
>>
File: pcs.jpg (403KB, 950x800px) Image search: [Google]
pcs.jpg
403KB, 950x800px
>>17111978
start with crowley
>pic related
im on mushrooms and just spent some time making it as tribute. pamela coleman smith is a good lady.
get yourself a crowley deck.
start decoding the symbology and understand their significance w/r/t unlocking your mind.
>>
File: 1367615103951.jpg (2MB, 2215x2711px) Image search: [Google]
1367615103951.jpg
2MB, 2215x2711px
>>
>>17113334
Well magic has, whether purposely or not, a shady reputation in our society. It's either seen stupid and superstitious, or evil.

Plus the effects are pretty subtle, and take a long time and effort to master.

I'm sure in other parts of the world it's more common knowledge, in whatever form it exists.
>>
File: 1367615204706.jpg (2MB, 2215x2711px) Image search: [Google]
1367615204706.jpg
2MB, 2215x2711px
>>17113437
Also if dont have any solid set of beliefs then i recommend hermetic philosophy as a starting point.
Start with "The Kybalion" for basic theory and then go read "Initiation into Hermetics" by Franz Bardon for practices and exercises.
>>
>>17113501
Should you also start with hermetic philosophy if you don't believe in god or any god at all?
>>
>>17113467
What do you mean by subtle effects? What could one of the effects be from a simple ritual?
I literally know nothing so I don't know of any rituals or anything.
>>
>>17113334
One of the cardinal rules is to keep things secret, aka no throwing pearls before swine.
>>
>>17111978
Start with Agrippa

Crowley is cancer, this degenerate single handedly destroyed Western occultism
>>
File: 1367615271651.jpg (2MB, 2215x2711px) Image search: [Google]
1367615271651.jpg
2MB, 2215x2711px
>>17113630
I usually recommend Hermetics as a starting point simply because I know alot of people here comes from a Christian background and the hermetic philosophy is not too much of a belief change for them to be completely turn off from it.
However if you dont have any beliefs in god or the All, then there are better places to start. Not to say there is anything wrong with Hermetics, as i said it is a great place to start but if you are not scared of a paradigm shift then I could give you better reading material.
I would still suggest "The Kybalion" as the first book to read because it is relatively short and it can help in any magick system, After that read "The Arcane Teaching" by William Walker Atkinson for theory and practice exercises. After that begin with "The The Arcane Formulas" by the same dude for more theory while continuing the exercises from arcane teachings.
Remember reading is 5% of the work and practice and exercise is the rest of the 95%.
Good Luck
>>
>>17113630

"There is enlightenment both with and without God. This is because human beings are inherently enlightenable, transformable to a higher state of evolution, regardless of the belief system utilized." -- Yogani

Yogani may not be "hermetic" but the quote is still applicable.
>>
>>17112966
How did you get into it? What led you to magic?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.