[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kundalini Awakening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: kundalini-awakening.jpg (170KB, 1024x633px) Image search: [Google]
kundalini-awakening.jpg
170KB, 1024x633px
How does one go about awakening their kundalini? Does anyone have any good kundalini yoga videos or know of any breathing excersizes that work? I have had some of the basic 'symptoms' but have fallen off my path a bit.
>>
File: Kundalini Arousal Sush.jpg (38KB, 470x314px) Image search: [Google]
Kundalini Arousal Sush.jpg
38KB, 470x314px
bump
>>
Would like to know it too
>>
>>17111568
>guys how do I literally go insane from messing up with my hormones and nervous system?
>>
>>17111647
Started going insane after I stopped working on it desu. The more I get back on track the more sane I become again.
>>
>>17111668
>desu
wtf I haven't been on 4chan in months
>>
>>17111668
You think. These kinds of exercises give you a high then you stop and crash. They are not healthy. Was it you who started yesterday's thread? Lots of good advice from people who know. Don't do it. There are many safer and in the long term, more efficient ways.

The diagram is partially right but it shows just a little of the lack of understanding of what you are really dealing with. Ida and Pingala aren't "channels" you can avoid like steering your car down a different street. From one perspective they could be viewed as expressions of your personality, with all it's hangups, weaknesses, flaws, and fears. What the text of the diagram is referring to when it says if you raise through these you can cause severe mental disturbance is the understanding that if you raise kundalini before you are ready, that is, before you have cleared your personality traits, neuroses, 'stuff', call it what you will, then you will be raising the energy through this 'stuff' and powering it up. Welcome to the worst, most unstable version of yourself.

There is another mechanism by which you can cause serious psychological damage as well. There are energetic barriers, safety features in effect, which keep the body's energy 'compartmentalised' to a certain extent; if you start forcing energy to the brain you can burn out these safety features and fry your brain and nervous system.

I know about this stuff because I'm a healer and I occasionally have to try and fix people who have gotten themselves into problems this way. So my understanding isn't from a book or some bloke on you tube trying to sell you a course. Kundalini is not a quick fix nor a substitute for long term discipline and practice. It is something which will happen at a certain point, according to the traditions, and if you are having to ask about it then you are not anywhere near that. Neither am I, by the way. I'm not claiming to be a great teacher, I just know some shit that might save somebody from harm.
>>
>>17112075
Where should I start if I would like to get into yoga and meditation practices?
>>
>>17112075
No it wasn't me. Thank you for your answer, very much appriciated. What you said about them giving you a high and then crashing is pretty accurate. Ever since I've stopped due to lack of free time I've been pretty unstable. Crazy mood swings, depression, inability to focus and absolutely zero motivation. Do you have any suggestions?
>>
>>17112075
Any tips for a safe hands on approach?
>>
File: 000000.jpg (327KB, 1298x796px) Image search: [Google]
000000.jpg
327KB, 1298x796px
>>17112075
Holy shit someone on /x/ who isn't a rolepalyer and actually seems to know their shit. props.

>>17111568
So there are many things to consider with kundalini op. You have rousing, awakening, and rising. What most people think is a rising is actually an awakening. A true rising can be violent and will be life changing. Most people once they get a rising will not want it.

Kundalini can be poked at with many different things from jing depletion, strong flux/energy in the area (like a strong energy transmission) or certain powerful techniques, to your kundalini yoga.

Honestly OP abandon this idea, just let it happen, don't go chasing it.
>>
>>17112075
oooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>17111647
That's not what Kundalini is, but okay. Stick with your uninformed opinion.
>>
>>17112075
This is misinformation. Sorry to say.

The reason why Ida and Pingala are channels to be avoided is because Kundalini is only meant to enter through the Shushumna. Improper practice without the guidance of the teacher, can by sheer force of the rising of kundalini, cause it to be redirect into the wrong channels. Once in these channels, the kundalini energy has no way to flow outward, and so will begin causing problems in the areas affected.

There was someone named Gopi Krishna who had this kind of problem. He was given a random practice without the guidance of a teacher. This practice awakened his Kundalini but not properly, and so it went up the wrong pipeline so to speak. He struggled with it for a very long period of his life because he never went to a teacher who could redirect the energy and fix it.

Though there are problems that can arise from kundalini awakening, they are mostly due to lack of proper guidance.

>diagram is referring to when it says if you raise through these you can cause severe mental disturbance is the understanding that if you raise kundalini before you are ready, that is, before you have cleared your personality traits, neuroses, 'stuff', call it what you will, then you will be raising the energy through this 'stuff' and powering it up.

This is not what the Ida and Pingala channels are about.

What you're referring to when you talk about the personality neuroses, hangups, and flaws is actually the Kundalini itself. As it is coiled in the spine, it remains separate from the free flowing Shakti all around. The state of kundalini shakti in the base of the spine, is actually the state of ignorance in a person from which their emotional hangups and neuroses stem from.

To process through your own personality issues is to process kundalini through your body. It is the same process.

(cont.)
>>
>>17112270
(cont.)

So there really is no such thing as a clear passage for Kundalini. There can never be. Because the rising of Kundalini in the body is the process awakening itself.

The reason why it may seem to cause instability in a person or highlight their personal issues is because as the Kundalini works it's way through the chakras, it will bring about the opportunity for you to awaken out of your own ignorance. It will bring up all of your issues so that they can be worked with, healed, and released.

Once the Kundalini passes through the crown chakra, it merges back with Shakti and is no more. That is also when a person is finished working through their issues, and that is also the only time when the passage of energy through the body is free-flowing and without blockages.

Keeping the Kundalini asleep is not an issue. Energy will still flow, but a person will remain in ignorance. When one begins to work on themselves, Kundalini will at some point have to awaken. It's unavoidable.

However, there is no order in which it can happen. The path may bring a person to ask about Kundalini, such as what OP is doing. Or the path might start with practices having nothing to do at all with Kundalini, but will somehow lead to an awakening of it later on.

Kundalini is not something to take lightly by the way. The warning for OP is appreciated, but I'd like to clear some misinformation about what Kundalini is and how it works because it is all too often misunderstood and ignored, which is what usually leads to bad Kundalini experiences.
>>
>>17111568
> have had some of the basic 'symptoms' but have fallen off my path a bit.

Can you give more details about what your symptoms are?
>>
>>17112310
head tingling, flashing lights, seeing blue/green/white ''sparkles'' (energy), hearing ringing or high pitched noise, vibrations, lack of feeling in my body when meditating, itching, intensified sexual desire, I've been able to see people's energy field as well as ''traces'' which I also understand is energy.
>>
>>17112338
What practices have you done and how often did you do them? Did you find your symptoms going away when you stopped practicing?
>>
>>17112364
I practiced every day. I meditated daily on all the chakras, did kundalini yoga. Yes, the symptoms started fading when I stopped working with it, but I still experienced certain things.
>>
there is a really interesting podcast where the host details his spontaneous kundalini awakening and some of its effects and how to deal with them. I would recommend it to anyone interested in the subject.

http://www.wheredidtheroadgo.com/show-archive/2015/item/201-may-9-2015
>>
>>17112398
Here is a very basic technique. Maybe you know it already. All it does is allow the Kundalini to flow properly. When you stop practicing, Kundalini is left to do work on its own. Usually this will not be a bad thing. Kundalini is conscious. It knows best how to work with your body because from a certain point of view, it is your body.

Problems come when Kundalini is forced to move or enter places it shouldn't go. So my advice is for you to not pick up random techniques unless you receive them from a source you trust.

With that said, I'm going to break that advice a bit by showing you something very simple that is meant for stabilizing Kundalini.

All it is is a meditation where you breathe the energy up your spine. Sit in a quiet area, does not matter how you sit, but your back must be upright. Start by visualizing energy at the base of your spine. As you inhale, you visualize drawing this energy up the spine and into your brain. As you exhale, you visualize this energy flowing, spreading, and emanating outwards like light. Don't strain. Just keep it light. Do this for about 30 mins when you can, preferably daily. You can do it more times if you want. When I was given this technique, I was instructed to do it 50 mins twice a day, but 30 mins once a day is minimum.

Since your Kundalini is already active, there isn't much that you can do to quell it down. That will only cause problems. It is better to facilitate its flow, and this technique will do just that. It is a very light technique so no need to worry. You can add a mantra to your inhale/exhale just to help with your concentration. You can use "Om" for example for exhale.

What I would advice next is if you are serious about the Kundalini path, that you do as much research as you can on kundalini and try to seek out a teacher to guide you. Teachers are not necessary but they are tremendously helpful.
>>
>>17112648
>Teachers are not necessary
I hope this one phrase will serve as ample warning that almost all of what this guy says is just wrong.
>>
>>17112918
Teachers are not necessary in any path. I do however stress how important they are. I understand that teachers are few and it will not be easy to find one if at all. So if you can't find one, then keep up with your practice anyway.

But go ahead and discount everything I say based on that one thing.

The thing is, many people have spontaneous kundalini awakenings, most outside of any context of understanding what kundalini is. What can one do in that situation where kundalini symptoms won't stop, yet they have no teacher to guide them? The best course of action is to learn as much as you can on your own and pick up a practice. All I'm doing here is just giving some information to dispel any misguided notions about Kundalini. Versus what others maybe advising of just ignoring symptoms altogether.

The technique I gave isn't complicated. It's literally just breathing meditation with a focus on visualization. The breath is tied to prana anyway. Anytime you breath you are moving energy through your body. This just gives it a focus.
>>
>>17112297

>However, there is no order in which it can happen. The path may bring a person to ask about Kundalini, such as what OP is doing. Or the path might start with practices having nothing to do at all with Kundalini, but will somehow lead to an awakening of it later on.

This.

Gonna give a personal experience for whomever would like to deconstruct. At least, it feels like a manifestation of Kundalini. I have never told anyone who was around the night it happened, and have since told only four people. This will be the first time I open up to the net about this.

I won't give real names, but here we go.

I volunteer as site security/first aid/spiritual guardian at a few spiritual festivals around the country. We are charged, quite literally by the community to protect them, to take the brunt, to heal, to guide the lost. Being in the woods away from technology sets the mood. Casting wards is like slinging a netting of spiderwebs around the site; pluck a string, and we just happen to be in the right place every time. At the time, I was skeptical about the whole thing, but was starting to recognize that I could not be in the wrong place when someone needed help after being charged. But whatever.

This would be the first time I walked a festival out of state without my family in tow.

cont.
>>
>>17113740 cont.
The opening ceremony for the whole festival is when we accept the charge, and when we accepted the charge, for the first time, I felt like something had changed. Like something had mounted my shoulders without adding weight.

Fast forward a couple nights. We get a call about one of the heads in a vendor booth being very drunk. We load up the flatbed to go get him a ride and head over to the tent. There he is, slumped in a chair, vendor trying to give him water. He's just gone at this point.

>Yup. Time for the taxi.

So we are trying to stand him up and it's as though we are fighting the very thing that created gravity to get him out of that broken-ass camp chair. Nothing is working. Keep feeding him water until he comes around. He isn't responsive to any of the veterans on the team, so I give it a go.

"Hey man, time to go to bed. We have a ride for you too."

Looks straight at me, no glaze in his eye for about a second, long enough for him to say, "This one, I know this one."

He glazed back over but seemed to be coming back to reality. Refused to get in the truck, so two of the others that had come to get him walked him back to our camp, leaving me and my patrol partner to bring the truck back.
>>
>>17113755 cont.

Upon stepping out of the truck, I slammed my ankle into a hole in the ground, and there it was.

Fraction of a second. Felt like the small of my back exploded, but more like the relief of pressure. Something was writhing out, unfathomably long, uncountable tiny hand-things coming from its trunk. The half that went down wrapped my hips once and spiralled down my left leg. The other half wrapped my hips in the other direction, carefully laid itself up my spine, gently gripping each vertabrae with a set of hands, draping across my chest and holding its head in front of me.

I have never known terror as I felt it in that moment, that infantssimally small quanta of time that all of this was happening in felt like hours dragging on. It just hung there staring at me supporting itself on my shoulders. It dripped a black something that became smoke-like before returning to its body. The face looked bony and gaunt, and though ut had some features, tendrils and scales, it seemed to lack a mouth. And its eyes. Oh my god its eyes. It wasn't missing eyes in the conventional sense of having cavities where they should have been. There was nothing. Actually nothing. A void. I should have been able to see the back of something, but there wasn't something to see. Describing just how lacking in any existence of a thing at all there were for eyes hurts my head.

Then it cocked its head to the side like a dog. Curious. Worried. This thing that had just come out of my back was worried about me. It wasn't a death coild I had been put in, rather a brace to help me walk.

>All in the fraction of a second
>>
>>17113765 cont.

"[insert my name here], you okay?"

And it was gone from my vision. I could still feel it as it draped once more across my chest, resting its head on top of mine, the remaining hands gripping the remainder of my spine.

I was well enough to limp back to camp and get the ankle checked. Suprised I didn't do more damage.

Anywho, I knew something was odd about me my whole life, and now I've got a crazy-ass manifestation that I've come to terms with. Overthe last three years since it woke up, I've grown somewhat more connected with it, able to call on it when I need to. On really taxing days, I'll sit in a bath with water up to my waist and run the shower over my head and trance with it. Really cool when I do that. I can see black sillouettes of objects in the room with me against a red backdrop. Like, the shit in the bathroom. It isn't detailed, but I could get up and move around without stepping in the toilet or slamming my dick into the counter.

The first time I tried convening with itb I asked the usual slew of questions as best I could convey through mental conceptualism. No name, no gender, no real originthat it could give. It just exists. Coils of seemingly sentient energy from somewhere. I call it The Other for conversational purposes, but really, there is no name. Though, on one occasion, when it took me for a ride (with good reason) it referred to itself in third person as, "This one,", and myself as, "Someone."

That is my experience with an awakening, and my journey so far has been interesting.
I've got a couple stories, but nothing tops one really intense experience about an encounter with something else.

I'll include the digital painting I made if it from memory when I returned home in the next post.
>>
File: The Other.jpg (289KB, 1257x1085px) Image search: [Google]
The Other.jpg
289KB, 1257x1085px
>>17113781 Boop beep.

Here it is.

This dude and I have seen some shit. I know /x/ is interested in new shit, so if you'd like to hear of the defeat of a shadowman, let me know. I am going to bed now, and will check the thread tomorrow.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.