[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Spirituality Behind Tuatha De Danann

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: tuathadedanann.jpg (13KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
tuathadedanann.jpg
13KB, 275x183px
I spoke to an Irish historian about the Tuatha De Danann. Her story began to popularize as a spiritual way of evoking the secret history of the Irish and the Celts. Pan-celticism. So the modern world won't forget where they came from. Just as the Jewish people look to Israel, with revery. The Irish and Celtic people look to her and at their past with revery. A hidden mystery whenever she is evoked will unfold, as she is the mother of the celtic people. The owner and inheritors of the celtic lands before men with weapons came and pillaged their homes. It is a story of survival. Almost evoking this romantic epiphany.
>>
>>17109289
But weren't the Tuatha De Danann themselves conquorers? Don't get me wrong, I love their story, but I thought their story started with them sorta just showing up and expecting to... maybe not roll over the inhabitants, but at least that they were entitled to the land because of their abilities.

Although, I guess that would still parallel the Jewish stories like you said.

Or is the implication that the Tuatha De Danann are the bad guys, and not related to Irish/Celtic people? I apologize if this is confusing, there isn't a whole lot of reading out there regarding them. I always thought they could've been an actual people, just more knowledgeable in things like chemistry/physics.
>>
>>17109541
probably about kicking out the picts
>>
>>17109289
If you wanna get some good snippeets of tuatha de danann stuff michael tsarion knows his stuff about it and also some razy shit too.
>>
>>17109289
Redpill me on the Celtic people

How come they were fucking everywhere in Europe, even parts of Asia (Galatia), BUT today are scattered around Great & Little Britain and their language is basically going extinct?

More people speak fucking Welsh than Scottish or Irish, and their national spirit isn't even that strong.
>>
>>17110502
The Irish and the Celts all hold a deep sadness in their hearts. Its the damnedest thing.
>>
>>17110502
I can't at all attest to anything you claimed, but am desperate for Celtic lore.... Tuatha De Danann are a perfect fae origin story, why are they never discussed here? There are people who discuss fucking rake/berenstein bears/slendy in absurd detail. Why are Tuatha de Danann not discussed at all? They have strong ties to the origins of Samhain (called by MANY other holidays in modern times, specifically Halloween).
>>
>>17110502
Celts supposedly were a tribe in modern day austria. According to my reading, they trace back to European early iron age. Iron age brought nice weapons with it too. Im not too familiar with the tuatha de danann, they are an absolute mystery, but many see her as a cut off point when people stopped seeing god as female and turned god to male. As a way to satisfy the greed. need and power of the male warriors.
>>
>>17109289
What are jews? I've read a little about them and they sound like a terrible people.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.