[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Pantheon_wider_centered.jpg (591KB, 2647x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Pantheon_wider_centered.jpg
591KB, 2647x1024px
What is your favorite pantheon?

Why?
>>
>>17108332
Goddess of Protection is pretty broken with nq mod so I go for that a lot.
>>
>>17108332
The Greek pantheon. The most badass pantheon.
>>
>>17108332

I only know the Greek/Roman ones, the Phoenician/Semitic ones, the Norse ones, and some of the Sumerian, Egyptian and Celtic ones. They all seem to be pretty interchangable. You have the king or father, you have is wife, some sons, their wives, a black sheep son who is affiliated with the Titans/giants/old chaos gods, and they represent elements of nature and human thought.
>>
>>17108332
greek, including the gods they imported from phoenicia and phrygia. very moral, very sex positive, very relatable but also to the point of embodying ideals one relates to. very few actual commandments with the three or so they gave being free of any bullshit or bad morals as i see it
>>
>>17112680
>very moral
>every single God was raping either other gods, or humans/animals
>very moral
>almost every God save for Hades was a complete asshole to humans at the flip of a hat
>very moral
>very
>moral
What's entertaining about /x/ aren't the topics themselves, it's the idiots who think they know anything about said topics.
>>
>>17112712
Greeks had a different view of morality than modern people you realize?
>>
>>17112712

Humans are shit, and deserve to be treated as such by their betters. The purpose of gods is to give humans something to shoot for that isn't human. I'd rather have relatable gods with actual passions, backstories and interests than some mysterious nameless entity that commands wars and genocides and destruction of art just because he thought one tribe among the whole planet is "special".
>>
>>17112990
This. The greek gods may be dicks. But people are dicks as well.
>>
>>17108332
Probably Norse, and because they don't all sound like jacktarded shitheads 100% of the time.
>>
>>17108332
Probably the Greeks or the Norse. Although I'd probably prefer Norse simply because who doesn't want to eventually wage war with the forces of the apocalypse?
>>
>>17113092
>who doesn't want to eventually wage war with the forces of the apocalypse?
Nobody, that's who.

Nobody that survived, anyway.
>>
WoW pantheon is pretty cool
>>
Egyptian for me. As a kid the animal headed gods drew me in, though now I agree more with them overall. While I worship these gods, I do acknowledge the other ones. I'm pretty fond of the Norse and Greek gods in particular, I'm still learning about all the others too.
>>
>>17112680
You never check your email!
>>
>>17108332
Celtic, because Dagda, thats why
>>
>>17108332
Cool building except for all the biblical bologna.
>>
>>17108332
You are getting frustrated by the lack of any real success... wheres my money bitch
>>
the holy trinity is lowkey the best pantheon.
>>
>>17113228
>Nobody who survived anyway.

That's the point tho. Nobody survives.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (14KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
14KB, 511x288px
>>17112990
>>
>>17108332
Greek one.
>>
>>17113493

OMFG CHRISTIAN SHITHEAD RUINING MY FORUM OMFG I LIKE DEGENERATE RELIGIONS BETTER BECAUSE I HAVE A NUTBAG DISEASE STOP SEPERATING GODS INTO GOOD AND BAD OMFG IT'S RELATIVE ANYWAY OMFG

LET ME RAPE YOU IT'S RELATIVE!
>>
>>17108332
The allahies uncountable like animals in the forest,
They roam and have joy with playing with mortals.
>>
The Celtic one.

Close second is Aztec.
>>
>>17115436
If I were a Roman who was raped why wouldn't I want to know that powers up there understand and can help me?

Rape happens a lot, and christian "eww that's bad" doesn't stop it. It just shelters it so the abused blame themselves.

Isn't it odd that the most Christan areas of the country were hit hardest by "Satanic ritual abuse?" It's like those kids think there's this secret order of rapists or something to get out their repressed feelings.

Jesus loves the little children.
>>
File: 1404851853654.jpg (122KB, 487x500px)
1404851853654.jpg
122KB, 487x500px
>>17113493
agreed
>>
>>17108332
The Fae one. It's my favorite because it's entirely hidden and you get to pick the next round of gods. That's always good for a laugh.
>>
The one that doesn't FUCKING one shot me
>>
>>17111637
>>17113024
>>17113349
>Norse
Germanic > Norse everyday to be honest.
>>
>>17116336

We get it, you like sucking dicks and making up words with your tiny group of friends who pretend they are a much larger group.

We get it, you're important and fascinating and special.
>>
>>17116623
Well... Save for the dick, you're not wrong.

That IS more or less how the Fae work.
>>
>>17116712

No, you're just wrong.

Running around with that tag doesn't mean you understand more than some anon.
>>
>>17116833
Funny. I would think it meant I knew less.
>>
>>17116833
Would it be wrong of me to have never felt special or fascinating or important?
>>
aesthetically the abrahamic religions are actually not bad (angels, demons). next is the egyptian and hindu pantheons.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.