[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM ACTIVIATED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10

File: 21456-ZULU.png (126KB, 671x370px) Image search: [Google]
21456-ZULU.png
126KB, 671x370px
Your sleeping at 2:40 in the morning with the TV on, but then you wake up after the EAS noise goes off.

You then hear this:
>THE EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM HAS BEEN ACTIVATED BY REQUEST OF THE US GOVERNMENT.
>AT 2:45 PM, LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT NOTICED A STRANGE OCCURRENCE COMING FROM THE LIGHT OF THE MOON.
>THIS LIGHT HAS REPORTED TO CAUSE PARANOIA, FITS OF RAGE, AND SUICIDES.
>STAY AWAY FROM AND/OR BOARD UP YOUR WINDOWS AND KEEP YOUR TELEVISIONS ON AND STAY TUNED TO [insert your local station here] AS WE CONTINUE TO SERVE THE LOCAL [insert county name here] AREA.
>WE WILL CONTINUE TO BROADCAST THIS MESSAGE UNTIL SUNRISE OR UNTIL THE EVENT ENDS.
>[message repeats]

What would you do?

(Also, post EAS messages (real or fake)
>>
Moon bathe
>>
stay away from and/or board up my windows and keep my tv tuned before making some good ol 2 AM pudding and some hot chocolate and maybe play some games desu
>>
>>17099790
also this

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lWt4Di6zr14
>>
>>17099776
Don my moon mask of course.
>>
Call it a conspiracy like the skin cancer industry and run outside to join the other heretics.
>>
I would wonder why the cops waited fucking 12 hours to warn us
>>
>2:40 in the morning
>2:45 PM
?????

anywya https://soundcloud.com/ammobyte/emperor_cartagias-emergency-alert
>>
>>17099776
Go back to sleep. That's an average night in Detroit.
>>
File: luna_azul_aug2012.jpg (9KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
luna_azul_aug2012.jpg
9KB, 250x239px
>>17099776
>A STRANGE OCCURRENCE COMING FROM THE LIGHT OF THE MOON.

That makes no sense.

I could see some anon typing out a weird syntax scientifically inane sentence like that, but OP wants us to think this is an official announcement.
>>
File: 1425362482515.jpg (129KB, 580x500px) Image search: [Google]
1425362482515.jpg
129KB, 580x500px
>>17099776
>What would you do?
I bet you'd like to know
>>
>>17099776
For something that weird, I'd be a pansy. Stay inside, watch the news, and probably make some nice cup noodles.
>>
>>17099776
Get mad at the government for waking you up fuckin 2.40 EAS promoting fear, then i shootmyself
>>
File: spooky.webm (340KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.webm
340KB, 480x360px
>>
>>17100208
https://youtu.be/mw_HKzo9Ync
>>
>>17099776
I'd assume someone had hacked the local emergency broadcast system or local cable TV franchise.
>>
>>17099790
>>
This is an Emergency Action Notification requested by the White House. This is not a test. Reports of nuclear attacks have been received for the following US cities: New York, Boston, and Philadelphia. If you live in or near any of the locations, stay indoors and await assistance from authorities. If you live in any other major city not listed, seek shelter immediately. This is a national level emergency. The President of the United States or his representative will deliver a message shortly.
>>
>>17099797
That channel has a ton of videos. They're pretty creepy, especially if you watch them late at night, though the effect does get dulled a bit if you watch a lot of them.
>>
File: 1450170665554.gif (2MB, 269x318px) Image search: [Google]
1450170665554.gif
2MB, 269x318px
I kinda wish that my computer had a government issued alert system installed.
I don't have a TV. What would I do in this sort of emergency??
>>
>>17099776
>[insert your local station here]
>[insert county name here]
>US GOVERNMENT
I can't be the only one who finds this funny.
>>
>>17100812
If it were serious enough to trigger the emergency alert system, it would probably be all over the Internet as well.
>>
nothing, i am from brazil, no one leaves at night, only if you want to be killed or raped, you dont need a supernatural event
>>
>>17099895
wut is a hypothetical situation?
>>
>>17100209
spooky induced ASMR is best ASMR
>>
There's something inherently creepy about the emergency alert stuff. I think part of it is that it's so impersonal - you're hearing about stuff that could potentially be horrifying through text accompanied by discordant sounds that feel scary all on their own. It almost seems surreal, like it's happening in another reality. There's no person talking to you to at least make you feel like whatever's going on, we're in this together.
>>
>>17100912
I can also see how that could backfire if you had some dedicated person talking to you and making a human connection with you, and then the signal suddenly gets cut. That might even be worse than never having them appear.
>>
>>17099776
I'd look for this moon spot.
Then get called crazy for saying it isn't there.
Because everyone is a TV listening sheep.
>>
>>17099776
*You're
>>
>>17099776
Walk into the light of the moon and either tear my own throat out or turn into a murderous ragebeast.
>>
>>17099797
Bethesda is taking promotion a bit too far.
>>
>>17100812

You could get a decent scanner with an alert function. I keep a handheld NOAA alert radio on standby, and plan to get something that does the same for other emergency broadcast systems.
>>
>>17100912

My woman got really creeped out when we watched San Andreas and she heard the same voice used on weekly NOAA test broadcasts giving emergency information during the movie. She was already creeped out by it in general for reasons you specify.
>>
Probably look at the moon out of curiosity.
>>
>>17100988
So begins the night of the hunt
>>
>>17100812
Your ISP can and will send you messages over HTML if it's urgent enough. Every page you try to access will instead be redirected to their message until you click that you've read it - or not.
>>
>>17099776
>What would you do?
Be glad I don't live in the US of A
>>
>>17100812
No need anon, just browse 4chan. When SHTF things tend to get posted here before they make the news a lot of the time anyways.
>>
>Literally 2:40 am and I am laying in bed with the TV on, preparing to sleep.

Thanks /x/
>>
Get my guns ready because guns will protect me against the moon obviously
>>
>>17101513

Will protect you from the crazies that looked at the moon. And the blacks
>>
File: your dads cool.png (532KB, 629x395px) Image search: [Google]
your dads cool.png
532KB, 629x395px
>>17101438
comfy. I don't gotta do anything different
>>
>>17101520
mostly the blacks
>>
>>17099776
>Living alone
>In house that looks like a fucking fortress
>Wake up hearing my 89 year old neighbour bawling her eyes out
>Turn on TV
>See alert
>Laugh my ass off
>Go back to sleep
>Wake up
>Open window
>See eye-less neighbour walking around dozens of dead bodies
>No eyes = Nothing happens
>My neighbour is a fucking mastermind
>>
>>17099776
Honestly, I would just think That I left it on adult swim and check out the moon regardless.
>>
Put on my "I'm so tired of this shit" face that I always have when I wake up before 5:30, and go to the basement. I keep beer and snacks down there, so I should be good. If I need to poop or something, I'll go upstairs. Maybe relocate vidja downstairs.
>>
How many anons think that they could survive in the aftermath of an EMP attack?
>>
>>17100912
I've always been terrified...TERRIFIED of EMS tests, since I was a kid. And only twice in my life has it ever actually been an emergency and it was usually a weather emergency. It's the...interrupting of routine. I was also always scared of "Special Reports" on t.v.

And the sound is so discordant and off putting, and that old school font...it screams "last resort". Hate it.
>>
>>17101661
You should consider installing a toilet in your basement for just this occasion.
>>
>>17099797

>live in kansas city missouri
>start video
>insta spooked
>>
Hide in the closet under my stairs like I'm Harry potter avoiding Dudley
>>
>>17101766
And don't forget whenever a Amber Alert would just pop up and it would be loud as shit. I always hated this as a kid.
>>
>>17100208
More like this?
>>
>>17099776
>implying I'm not a shut in who goes days without seeing the sky

I literally don't know if it's day or night sometimes.
>>
>>17101383
That might not work too well; I think a lot of people would just assume it's some kind of malware, like that thing that pops up and says the FBI has locked your computer and you need to pay them to unlock it.
>>
>>17102659
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMob1suiySsMqNyVHooKQdg

This channel has a lot of emergency alert videos, though they don't really have stuff like "the moon is making people crazy and the EAS is talking to you".
>>
SKYKING SKYKING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NqxdjGSVVE
>>
>fits of rage
People attacking people confirmed.
I'd rather look at the moon and bring on my own insanity before being killed by someone else later.
>>
Probably shitpost on 4chan or:
>look at moon
>get some mad max- esque armor
>run into random houses and fuck shit up
>>
Could say Hinduism is a compromise.
>>
wonder why my tv is playing youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw_HKzo9Ync
>>
>>17102972
My house is brick and whatnot and has storm shutters I keep closed. If I turn off the lights at noon my house is near pitch black.

I fucking feel you bro.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 396x318px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 396x318px
1. Pray to God
2. Step outside
3. Nothing happen
4. Get extremely pissed off that it was a load of bullshit and seppuku
>>
>>17104055
You know, I'm pretty sure most people would be suspicious of an alert that said "GO OUTSIDE NOW." That just doesn't feel like something a well-intentioned government would say. They'd say "It is now safe to go outside." They wouldn't make it a command.

That aside, that video is pretty well-made. People in the Youtube comments are saying they don't like the little monologue toward the end, but I liked it well enough. It certainly creeped me out.
>>
>>17101766
>And that old school font...it screams "last resort".

Yeah, especially now, with media being so much more flashy and sophisticated. I hadn't thought of that before, but it's a good point - if you see something like that now, you *know* we're in deep shit if that's all we can use.
>>
>>17099776
At 2AM?

Turn the TV off and go the fuck back to sleep.
>>
>>17105241
Well, if your bed is far enough away from a window, that's all you'd need to do in that particular situation. Assuming nothing else happens, of course.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever fallen asleep with the TV on. It would just distract me if I was trying to fall asleep, and I don't really fall asleep by accident either.
>>
>>17099776
Wasn't there some study that showed that people's mental states actually are affected by the moon?
>>
>>17105339
It's a common rumor among people that work with the mentally ill that they all become crazier around the full moon, but to my knowledge there hasn't every been a study that confirms it
>>
>>17101694

I have some minor EMP shielding, but if a serious nuclear EMP attack occurred then I doubt most would survive. The nuclear winter would be worse.
>>
>>17102972

that's just seattle rain clouds that never leave
>>
>>17099895
well, since the moon is actually a hallow alien base, it might be using the light from the sun and tweaking something in its frequency to make us go bonkers

you cant tell me im wrong if you cant discern magic from science
>>
>>17100224
nuclear attacks

stay indoors

wait government assistance

>i dont have 35 years worth of pringles and sunny d here
>>
>>17100870
its a situation which is very much so unlikely to happen, but used as a thought process exercise to see what sorts of actions one might resort to
>>
>>17101059
so, only have one eye open?
>>
>>17101513
as children we were told to shoot for the moon

we were taught wrong

we must shoot AT the moon
>>
>>17105385
its bright, im trying to sleep and this ancient asshole is shining its face in my face

youd be pissed too
>>
>>17103727
nigga do not underestimate the powers of your ISP.
>>
>>17105385
I work at a mental hospital and iv heard this as well. Unfortunately iv been here for 4 years and really havnt noticed anything that would support it. It would be interesting though lol.. extra prns for that shift ordered.
>>
>>17100912
Just look how effective the Welles broadcast was. State of emergency events that are happening in your area will scare the shit out of you.
>>
Wonder why the a US government requested emergency broadcast is playing on my tv in mapleland

Wonder how my tv got in my bedroom
>>
>>17099776
id do what the news told me to what else then id propably eat cereal or some shit
>>
File: letsgetcomfy.jpg (24KB, 250x322px) Image search: [Google]
letsgetcomfy.jpg
24KB, 250x322px
This thread is so comfy and terrifying to think about

I love this
>>
>>17100812
Your cell phone would receive a text message alert, national alert level texts can't be turned off, so unless your phone is actually off you would receive it.
>>
>>17100912
3 times I got those emergency sms about earthquakes and tsunamis, it's worse when it talks about a disaster in another region where your family lives but you don't because the phone networks crash and you get incomunicated for hours.
>>
>>17099776
Is this night vale
>>
Set camera I. Tripod, close eyes and put camera outside to record the lights.
Watch later without the side effects
>>
>>17099797

I love shit like this
>>
>>17101766

>and that old school font...it screams "last resort". Hate it.

Such a chilling sentence on its own
>>
>>17099797
the beginning sounds like the start to that RATATAT album
>>
>>17100209
Great, but turns to shit at like 1:45
>>
>>17100912
In SF, they test the emergency broadcasting systems ever tuesday at noon, all the sirens go off and then a huge echoing voice says "THIS IS A TEST... THIS IS A TEST..." all over the city

It always gives me the fucking chills
>>
>>17100216
this, any emergency having to do with the light of the moon has to be a troll
>>
>>17107788
I have that where I live, too. There's no voice saying "THIS IS A TEST", but there is a siren. I'm not really sure what schedule it's on, because it happens sporadically. Sometimes I think it might be better if there was a voice, because otherwise I might think there's really something terrible going on and I'm ignoring it because I think it's a test.
>>
Just moved here to Georgia and there's a siren every day at noon to signal lunch time apparetly. Well not knowing this I almost had a heart attack thinking we were being bombed. I was also spooked during 2012 when the government had issued a first ever National EAS Tesr at the beginning of the year. With all the end of the world talk needless to say I was a frightened little bitch
>>
>>17099776
keep my window how it is, paranoria is something i have quite often, dealt with suicidal thoughts and fits of rage plenty of times before. What would make this time any different?
>>
>>17099776
Would shades protect me from the moon-rays?
>>
>>17100223
Underrated post
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.