[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I find churches extremely unsettling and uncomfortable, even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 1392542292696.gif (3MB, 230x173px) Image search: [Google]
1392542292696.gif
3MB, 230x173px
I find churches extremely unsettling and uncomfortable, even scary. Especially churches in hospitals (though on one occasion I swear I saw an old man moving around inside one late at night even though I was the only person in the ward and also checked out the room immediately).

Is there a reason I'm so unsettled by churches? Does anyone else get this way?
>>
My old church had a really eerie atmosphere too it, especially when everyone was together afterwards

Turns out 2 of the high members in the church raped a bunch of kids and the rest of the people covered it up
>>
>>17089643
>Especially churches in hospitals
For a lot of people that's the last church they'll ever attend.
>>
>>17089643
Catholic churches in the US are often old, dark, and have a somber atmosphere. Candles create shadows and everything is hushed and solemn. Can be creepy if you weren't raised, as i was, in going to them

Go visit a midwestern megachurch with its bright cheerful ferns, cofffeshop, cafeteria and giftshop. Only there, it's the parishioners you'll find unsettling.
>>
>>17089768
I suppose that doesn't help the general feel of them. Connected to the same hospital is an old folks home as well.

Still, that hospital church is the most uncomfortable place I've ever been. It's just a small room that's only slightly bigger than a janitors closet with two chairs facing a crucifix with a very bloodied rendition of christ. It was only ever dark in there, even if the lone window was open during midday it remained totally dark and dimly lit.
>>
>>17089643
Seeing that you visit /x/ and 4chan in general, it's pretty easy to see why you're uncomfortable while in the house of the lord.
>>
>>17089885
So has the lord finished paying the mortgage on all those houses he owns.
>>
>>17089885
Just kidding.
>>
You might have a little bit of vampirism in you.
>>
>>17089643
Demons and the way many Churches have been mainpulated.
>>
There is actually sound science to this!
It has to do with infrasound. Sound waves below the threshold of human hearing but which still have an effect on the human body and brain. These frequencies are known to cause feelings of fear, reverence, and religious power.

Common generators of these frequencies? Fans are a good common one, but the best one?

Pipe Organs.
>>
orthodox churches are way more creepier. just look at the drawings on the walls, creepy as fuck.
imagine a cold night walking past by an orthodox church and you see the doors wide open, canldes lit , hear psalms and figures moving in the dark. Thriller shit right there.
>>
>>17091642

Sweet opinion bro.
>>
OP should develop his/her capacity of talking to the dead.

Churches are usually nearby old cemeteries, OP seems to be oversensitive on walking spirits of the unbound kind.
>>
>>17092534
he mentioned a hospital (working night shift maybe) and i'll bet a few hundred or even a thousand people have died in there from various things. a hospital is probably more full of spirits than a cemetary.
>>
>>17089643
You are allergic to bullshit.
>>
I feel the opposite, although I'm not a believer, I often visit a church to light a candle and collect myself. The serene silence almost feels like you are in a bubble isolated from the rest of the world. some kind of safe place where you can go to recollect yourself and share a prayer for those you love.

I pray a lot actually, not in the religious sense where I recite a prayer in the name of a deity, but in the sense where you send a thought out there for your loved ones or the world.

It must depend on how you interprete silence and emptiness, because churches feel empty and lonely, so if you are the kind of person who feels safer in a noisy or crowded environment, the silence and emptiness of a church may make you feel anxious.
>>
>>17089643
Because dead people dummy
>>
File: Mazemke_3.jpg (559KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Mazemke_3.jpg
559KB, 1500x1125px
My old lutheran church was pretty creepy. My grandfather put up all the stained glass windows. He was the only one with the balls enough to stand on the ladder 50 feet above the ground. They had paintings of all the previous priests hanging in the hallways, all with eerie looks on their faces. I remember the boiler room, it was so hot in there, ancient boilers that made weird noises. I think churches are beautiful though. Especially old italian churches, and vatican shit. It really intrigues me the way they build them, and the architecture
>>
File: church-architecture.jpg (242KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
church-architecture.jpg
242KB, 1280x800px
>>17089643
Opposite for me; I really like the architecture, especially on that time of day when the lighting is comfy like pic related, plus the pretty stained hlass art.

Some churches look pretty far out there, but they all serve as inspiration for me.
>>
I went to a little community Baptist church from the ages of about 10 to about 14. As much as I detest the people that were there,and I no longer consider myself a Christian,I still dream about it weekly. Every room,every hallway,every little stairwell. Sometimes it looks a little different. Sometimes its bigger on the inside. But the dreams arent usually negative at all. Just me being there for some reason or another,a lot of times not even related to religion. Sometimes Im just exploring and going in the rooms I used to when I was a kid. Sometimes theres a party or a wedding or something. Sometimes Im trying to escape from a certain person who used to work there that Im still not particularly fond of. But its usually really random and kind of comfy. I dream about it more than the house I grew up in.
>>
>>17089643
I feel cozy in Churches and on the Masses good for contemplating.
Especially since am not spiritual and shit at praying myself.

t. mildly believing skeptic
>>
>>17091555
And the unsettling feeling is because you entered the lair of the vampire king.
>>
>>17092906
sounds like trauma to me, I was baptist too. Now I'm a literal fag with a demon fixation.
>>
>>17089643
Obviously you are possessed by a demon, you should kill yourself immediately to prevent it from using you to further the dark lord Satan's schemes.
>>
>>17089643
I guess I do. I just find them a bit awesome in a more accurate to the word way, and not in a dude awesome kind of way . It feels kind of like a stifling or an overwhelming atmosphere. Not necessarily bad, but pretty spoopy. Even then though, this is just sometimes, and mostly if there's only few people and I actually think about the atmosphere. Still can be pretty comfy though. Seems appropriate for a religious house of worship though, don't ya think?
>>
>>17089643
>__ makes me uncomfortable
>It's obviously a sign of spooks/demons/tulpas/Illuminati rather than just me being uncomfortable
Never change, /x/
>>
I don't find them particularly creepy.
Every time I stay in a church for more than a few minutes though, I get a massive headache that gradually increases in intensity to the point that I have to leave.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.