[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Paranormal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: tmp_1702-1445799730932630284009.jpg (43KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1702-1445799730932630284009.jpg
43KB, 500x478px
Since the 1970's, astronauts have been reporting paranormal experiences while in space. One experience led astronaut Edgar Mitchell to create the Institute of Noetic Research (IONS), a "paranormal" investigation institute. After a few years, and many studies, the conclusion was that "there is significant evidence" to suggest that some paranormal experiences are real, and not imaginary.

The cases that got Mitchell so excited were 1) an American astronaut claiming he could see people on Earth from on board the ship, and 2) the Russian cosmonaut phenomena regarding various cosmonauts seeing "dead relatives" on board their ships (probably the basis for the movie "Solaris")

>>
>an American astronaut claiming he could see people on Earth from on board the ship

source please.
>>
>probably the basis for the movie Solaris

Are you retarded? The basis for the movie Solaris is the book Solaris
>>
>>17087472
>Institute Of Noetic Research
>IONS
Also, put cite sources for your ludicrous claims.
>>
>>17087472
This could be interesting, come on OP start taking care of this thread.
>>
>>17087472
Yeah, that is why you canĀ“t even respond to your bullshit thread, fuck you.
>>
Wow how fucking cool this place is in my hometown. I'm gonna visit it this week.
>>
>>17089052
You live in a dog? Flea detected
>>
>>17089127

Dog: http://i.4cdn.org/x/1450077159007.jpg
>>
>>17089189
Damn i got scare
Lol
>>
>>17089189
Where's that dog's other eye...?
>>
>>17089127
Bahahahahaha
>>
>>17087472
How the fuck can you see people from space when i can't even see people down low when i'm on top of a mountain?..
>>
http://noetic.org/
>>
>>17091029
That's why its paranormal.

Need sources OP.
>>
>>17088749
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_of_Noetic_Sciences

Considering that all OP claimed was that
1. Astronaut Edgar Mitchell created the Institute of Noetic Sciences after reportedly experiencing something paranormal
2. IONS claimed that there was significant evidence to suggest that some paranormal experiences are real
3. This was partially based on several claims of other astronauts

I see no reason to disbelieve OP about these. They're all easy checkable. Now, I might dispute that IONS is *correct* in its conclusion, but it's not really a topic of dispute that they concluded that.
>>
>>17092210

>1. Astronaut Edgar Mitchell created the Institute of Noetic Sciences after reportedly experiencing something paranormal

That doesn't give him a clearance to spew alternate medicine gobbly-gook and spirtual mumbo jumbo. Nothing that IONS has done provides a reliable conclusion for any given set of phenomena.

>2. IONS claimed that there was significant evidence to suggest that some paranormal experiences are real

That's awfully vague and demands citation.

>3. This was partially based on several claims of other astronauts

Human perception is not infallible and you're somewhere you were never meant to be. What could go wrong?
>>
>>17087535
Someone's soyed
>>
>>17093747
>you're somewhere you were never meant to be

Aww man, you were actually sounding like a well educated guy up until this point.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.