[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are cats paranormal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Britse_korthaar.jpg (20KB, 275x287px) Image search: [Google]
Britse_korthaar.jpg
20KB, 275x287px
>Be me
>Moved to another town
>Big cat friend, always calling and petting them on street
>Notice cats are very spooked and socially autistic towards humans here
>"Why?? I just wanna pet cats!"
>Months later friend told me the town has always had a cat killer
>lol but the cats don't know that, rite?

Or do they? Are the cats here so unusually afraid of humans because the killed cat souls are warning them?
>>
>>17086500
Natural selection. Cats who are more weary of people are not murdered and get to reproduce. Over time the cat population gets more skittish towards humans.
>>
Well...
That's that then
>>
>>17086507
Ah, that makes sense. Interesting, though. It would mean that the cats have observed and understood that friendly ones disappear, thus making them act less friendly. Clever.
>>
>>17086507
Very, very narrow view of natural selection there. What about the cats that learn that some people feed them? Wouldn't those cats also have an advantage?
>>
>>17086521
They would be killed in that particular town, so no, they would be easier for the town furry to catch.
>>
Cats are smarter then you think and they have a very long memory, but they only give a fuck about themselves.

They have no capability Empathy at all. This is a human trait and one that dogs have more of then cats.

So the cats are just acting out of their own survival and have been taught to fear humans.

Personally I would try to find out who the killer is and then I would burn down his house.
>>
>>17086526
But I'm not sure about the reproduction part. Pretty much everyone castrates or sterilizes their cats here. And I don't think being weary of humans is something that's passed on genetically. I used to have cat nests and you can see how every kitten is different and has their own personality. One is always afraid, one is always a slur towards humans.

But litterally every cat here is legitimately afraid of humans. When I see them I always kneel down, show them my hand and gently call them. That always used to make them come, but now they freeze and look at you with widened eyes and a terrorized facial expression. When you start to make the smallest, most gentle move towards them, they run for their lives. I doubt that fear passed on in one generation, assuming that this cat killer hasn't been around for more than a generation.
>>
>>17086533
>they only give a fuck about themselves
I don't know, I see a lot of behavior that could pass for empathetic in my cat. Or at least loving. Whenever I'm sad or sick he gets very clingy and cuddly, and he acted the same way when the dog he grew up with came back from surgery. He would lay beside her and occasionally groom her. He is also very patient with the dog. She barks at him a lot when she wants to play and gets into his face like dogs tend to, and he just sits there and takes it. He doesn't scratch her, or get angry at all. At most he'll try to make a break for it when she's distracted. He also waits for family members to come back when they're not home, like a dog would.

Also, I had a neighbor who moved out and abandoned her cats. One of them would wait for her owner on the street all day and night. The other one would walk around, beg for food,look for water, and chill at an abandoned house. But that one was just waiting for her owner at that one spot, even when the weather was shit or when her sister was getting food just a few feet away. We found them a home eventually.
>>
>>17086547
Feral cats wouldn't be incapable of reproduction. Also, I'm pretty sure a gen of cats is like less than 2 years.
>>
>>17086583
Yeah, I'm pretty sure cats can empathize. We used to have cats when I was small and one of them brought me dead animals when I was sick. And I didn't even feed the cat, my parents did that.
>>
>>17086605
No feral cats here. My town is relatively wealthy and very civilized. If there would be any stray cats they would be taken away by authorities immediately and placed in a cat shelter or whatever. I guess with generation I meant that whenever people's cat dies, they take a new one. Which can easily take around 15 years.
>>
>>17086533
Well it's good to know that rational and mentally stable people like you are out there to protect the lives of innocent pussies.

It's probably a local (ethnic) restaurant.
>>
>>17086660
Hahah lol, there is a Chinese restaurant around the corner here xD
>>
>>17086667
Maybe they can even smell what's cooking for miles around. It would explain a lot.
>>
>>17086702
Haha I am literally contemplating to call them anonymously to ask if they have a secret cat menu.
>>
I searched something up online. Cat slaughter is illegal in my country, but eating cat meat appearantly isn't? Wtffffffffff? That doesn't make any sense... You would have to import the meat I guess.
>>
>>17086547
i'm on board with you on the first part there. in my experience cats are very willing to open up to humans so if a whole bunch of them are going against that idea there might be someone terrorizing them all.

that said, i have three baby kittens that i've been nurturing in my backyard for about six months. whenever other cats come around because they've caught on i put food outside, i shoot them with my blow gun (albeit with rubber bullets).

with that in mind maybe the cats are fearful of humans just because everyone else on your block is keeping all these mangy critters off their property, forcibly. i have one large male tabby cat that keeps trying to come around that is super afraid of me, and i'm sure it'll get to the point where he is wary of all humans (since i keep shooting him).

either way, i think assuming a cat killer in your neighborhood is jumping to conclusions.
>>
>>17086720
where do you live?
>>
>>17086533

fuck u

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjeNh2lLXDU
>>
>>17087514
The Netherlands. Why? You wanna track down the killer?
>>
File: cat-hugging-kitens.jpg (39KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
cat-hugging-kitens.jpg
39KB, 600x405px
>>17086533
>They have no capability Empathy at all
>>
>>17086507
So cats that have been domesticated over hundreds of years become un-domesticated because of an sudden irrelevant incodent?
>>
>>17086636
How autistic are you?
>>
>>17086547
>litterally
fuck off
>>
Cats are guardians of underworld, some shit happened there. Look for clues, check graveyards for spooky shit, etc. Alternatively, obtain kitten from other town, and check if his behaviour change.
>>
>>17086500
Or maybe cats have their own social constructs.
They do have a language and all.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.